The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #4726
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

If anybody remembers karen carpenter you will find this pretty amazing.

Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #4727
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,231

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #4728
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,897
Default

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #4729
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

HOLY ****!!!

Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #4730
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,897
Default

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #4731
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,834
Default

This is what's stuck in my Trucks player right now and I can't get the damn thing out for nothing. I'm this close to ripping the player out of my dash with a pair of pliers. One of lifes challenges being 'Dad'. lol

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #4732
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
This is what's stuck in my Trucks player right now and I can't get the damn thing out for nothing. I'm this close to ripping the player out of my dash with a pair of pliers. One of lifes challenges being 'Dad'. lol

Well, at least it isn't Miley Cyrus. But then again, I see Lindsay Lohan on there so...ouch.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #4733
80smith
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
80smith's Avatar
 
Love me some grilled food!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 845
Default



Long video. Music starts around the 2 minute mark.
80smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #4734
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
These guys are doing some interesting things.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #4735
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,231

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
These guys are doing some interesting things.
It was the retro tone that caught my ear. That little bass line melody that goes thru the song's pretty infectious too but the video's hypnotic.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #4736
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,320
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcKZo...layer_embedded


Just one dork's opinion, but I think "Tin Soldier" is as close as I'll ever get to admitting there's a perfect song out there. The song opens with this cool, mid-tempo melody, and through the first verse Steve Marriott slowly builds until he sounds like he's about to lose it completely...and then the chorus comes in with British soul star of that moment, guest singer P. P. Arnold handling most of the vocal chores. And then they come out of that first chorus into my favorite rock and roll moment of all time. Ian MacLagen starts pounding that Hammond organ like he's beating it with his fists, and drummer Kenny Jones starts smacking the crap outta his crash cymbal on every 2nd beat--which you're sort of not supposed to do, and especially not supposed to do a minute and change into a 3-minute song. And so then Little Stevie Marriott comes roaring in on vocals in that second verse like he's been possessed by James Brown and Aretha both, just shrieking and wailing away on mic and off (what the hell did the studio session for that look like?) They get to the chorus and he's just vamping and wailing off mic and on like his hair's on fire....and then in the third verse they bring it all back down and Marriott's crooning sweetly but slowly building. By the end of the verse he's back in full-on Otis mode, howling and barking the words into a "YEAH BABY!" as the band goes to the final chorus, and here he's matching Arnold's vocals in the same high register, roaring over them and sweeping the song into a final coda that sounds like a hurricane. For me that song is one of the great confluences of everything that was great about so many genres in the sixties, from the pop craftsmanship of The Beatles to the raw emotion of Memphis soul to the "anything goes" ethos that rock seemed to lose for a while after Woodstock.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #4737
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
These guys are doing some interesting things.

That video is hypnotic. Couldn't stop watching it.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #4738
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,231

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I was trying to think of the video that it reminds me of in terms of style:

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #4739
80smith
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
80smith's Avatar
 
Love me some grilled food!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
It was the retro tone that caught my ear. That little bass line melody that goes thru the song's pretty infectious too but the video's hypnotic.
I was a good video. Should check out the video for the "Typical" video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XVWR-5fiG0
80smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #4740
80smith
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
80smith's Avatar
 
Love me some grilled food!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 845
Default

80smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #4741
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcKZo...layer_embedded


Just one dork's opinion, but I think "Tin Soldier" is as close as I'll ever get to admitting there's a perfect song out there. The song opens with this cool, mid-tempo melody, and through the first verse Steve Marriott slowly builds until he sounds like he's about to lose it completely...and then the chorus comes in with British soul star of that moment, guest singer P. P. Arnold handling most of the vocal chores. And then they come out of that first chorus into my favorite rock and roll moment of all time. Ian MacLagen starts pounding that Hammond organ like he's beating it with his fists, and drummer Kenny Jones starts smacking the crap outta his crash cymbal on every 2nd beat--which you're sort of not supposed to do, and especially not supposed to do a minute and change into a 3-minute song. And so then Little Stevie Marriott comes roaring in on vocals in that second verse like he's been possessed by James Brown and Aretha both, just shrieking and wailing away on mic and off (what the hell did the studio session for that look like?) They get to the chorus and he's just vamping and wailing off mic and on like his hair's on fire....and then in the third verse they bring it all back down and Marriott's crooning sweetly but slowly building. By the end of the verse he's back in full-on Otis mode, howling and barking the words into a "YEAH BABY!" as the band goes to the final chorus, and here he's matching Arnold's vocals in the same high register, roaring over them and sweeping the song into a final coda that sounds like a hurricane. For me that song is one of the great confluences of everything that was great about so many genres in the sixties, from the pop craftsmanship of The Beatles to the raw emotion of Memphis soul to the "anything goes" ethos that rock seemed to lose for a while after Woodstock.

One of my favorite eras was the late 60s early 70s anyways i really like that band and i really love the organ it just adds so much IMO.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #4742
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default




Last edited by Bronx33; 11-15-2011 at 07:22 PM..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #4743
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #4744
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #4745
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,231

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
One of my favorite eras was the late 60s early 70s anyways i really like that band and i really love the organ it just adds so much IMO.
that era produced some killer music. i think my faves have always been Badge by Cream or Midnight Rider by the Allman Brothers.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #4746
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
that era produced some killer music. i think my faves have always been Badge by Cream or Midnight Rider by the Allman Brothers.


Clapton is my all time favorite artists i am lucky enough to have found collected all the cream LPs ( mint condition) i also love the brothers anyways check these videos out the quality is killer..



Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #4747
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #4748
greenheart
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

the first eminem cd
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #4749
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenheart View Post
the first eminem cd
joking right?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:30 AM   #4750
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,897
Default

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Denver Broncos