The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #26
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And that pretty much sums up why the best two shows have been this exact cast.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #27
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Good post, Popps
You're serious? You honestly think he's worth the headaches he causes? Why don't we try and trade back for Marshall and see if Travis Henry has paid enough of his debt off to swing him back through for another pass while we're at it!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #28
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You're serious? You honestly think he's worth the headaches he causes? Why don't we try and trade back for Marshall and see if Travis Henry has paid enough of his debt off to swing him back through for another pass while we're at it!
...what headaches from Hillis?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #29
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
...what headaches from Hillis?
Hillis slowly losing support in Browns locker room

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...t_browns110411

Quote:
“I’ve never seen anything like it,” says one Browns veteran. “Last year, Peyton was such a positive, inspirational force on our team – but now he’s like a different guy. It’s like he’s in a funk that he can’t get out of, and it’s killing us, because we really need him. And we’ve told him that. But we’re at the point where we just don’t know what to do.”

During an interview session with reporters in the locker room of the Browns’ training facility Thursday, Hillis conceded that his dissatisfaction with his contract and the accompanying controversies – including his decision to miss a late-September game against the Miami Dolphins while suffering from strep throat – have made it difficult to get his “mind right.”
Old 11-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #30
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Hillis slowly losing support in Browns locker room

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...t_browns110411
I thought we already covered the money stuff would be out of this...?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #31
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Just finished listening; great as usual, but this one definitely had some more flare to it. Its amazing what can happen when our guys win.

Great job, thanks.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #32
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
And that pretty much sums up why the best two shows have been this exact cast.

A LOT of people would say the same things about the ones I'm not in.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #33
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I thought we already covered the money stuff would be out of this...?
I realize the comments were mostly tongue in cheek, but you made a comment suggesting we should pay more than he's worth. You honestly want to pay him as a top 5 running back? I did lol at the idea of a Tebow, Hillis, Larsen, McGahee backfield. The "more-than-token-black-guy" offense, if you will. But he is easily the most overrated player on this entire board and obviously eclipsed Ed Reed as the Eurydice of the board.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #34
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

Ah Jhiz. In his mind I am a traitor to the Broncos for not attacking my head coach at every turn, daring to hope for him to do well, and for not wishing for losses to expedite his release. What a horrible person I am.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #35
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Just listened to the show, very entertaining.

Not sure what Knowshon's thoughts are on rubbing up against Tebow but I think it's worth a shot.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #36
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Maybe. That has to come from personal hatred though.

You and montrose sound like you should have a national AM show. You had a bit on this one with a lot of "umms", but that is about the only thing you need to work on. SoCal and TJ are pretty good as well. It helps that I agree with most of the takes!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #37
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ah Jhiz. In his mind I am a traitor to the Broncos for not attacking my head coach at every turn, daring to hope for him to do well, and for not wishing for losses to expedite his release. What a horrible person I am.
No, I just like the ones that leave their agendas out of it. This group tells it like it is. You? Not so much. You worry about sounding too positive, or negative. Your opinions aren't always based on football, as can be seen with the Hillis conversation.

I have no problem with you other than that. Your McFandom, and constant crying about me, just makes me laugh about how dumb you are. It isn't like I get along with any of the other four...
Old 11-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #38
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I realize the comments were mostly tongue in cheek, but you made a comment suggesting we should pay more than he's worth. You honestly want to pay him as a top 5 running back? I did lol at the idea of a Tebow, Hillis, Larsen, McGahee backfield. The "more-than-token-black-guy" offense, if you will. But he is easily the most overrated player on this entire board and obviously eclipsed Ed Reed as the Eurydice of the board.
...........what?

I scoffed at paying him what he's asking for...
Old 11-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #39
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Maybe. That has to come from personal hatred though.

You and montrose sound like you should have a national AM show. You had a bit on this one with a lot of "umms", but that is about the only thing you need to work on. SoCal and TJ are pretty good as well. It helps that I agree with most of the takes!
Yeah I've found I start most of my replies with that.

This show I prepared literally zero information for though...
Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #40
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Finally got to listen to the podcast this week, and was rewarded with the return of Montrose. Unfortunately, no Kaylore. Both of those guys need to get priorities straightened out going forward.

A few thoughts...

-Taco continues to surprise me by saying things that are generally logical and sensible.

-On Tebow's completion percentage - The notion that it's OK for him to be in the high 40's isn't realistic. We've had a difficult time converting 3rd downs, and that gets down to being able to throw a ball accurately. It's one thing when you're playing the Raiders, who hand you 1st downs regularly and keep you in the game. But, if we were playing the Packers on Sunday... we would have been routed. When it's 3rd and 6... you have to be able to throw the ball accurately. 48% doesn't get it done in those situations, and you can't pick those up with your legs every time.

That's not a knock on Tebow. To the contrary, I think if he can get his % up in the middle of the pack (high 50's low 60's) ... he'll be very dangerous.

-Intangible effect - Tebow definitely has it. As I've said before, like Plummer or not... he brought that with him and we started winning. I wasn't an Orton-hater.. but I certainly recognize that he didn't fire the team up like Tebow seems to.

-Taco - "Knowing what we know now about Hillis..." - C'mon partner, many of us were onto this a long time ago. The notion of paying him a big salary is insanity. Even the Browns aren't that stupid.

-SoCal - "Let's make Bob cry in his Captain Crunch." Love it.

-One general note - From week to week it seems like the crew goes a little extreme to extreme. Could be a product of being fans, which I like. (I don't want to hear a podcast by people completely impartial.) But, it seems like... one week we're garbage and the front office is a joke... the next week we're praising off-season moves. One week Moreno is useful, the next useless. Eddie Royal is useless, then an all-star. Seems to me like there may be a bit broader view that could be taken on things. The need to use extremes is a modern phenomena generated by networks like ESPN who feel they need to go there to be relevant. You guys have a chance to take a more sensible view on things, which is an appealing counter-option to the MSM. (Think Tebow... he either sucks or he's awesome with most in the MSM, and neither is true yet.)

-Lots of good X's and O's talk. Love SoCal's insights into the offense. This is the kind of stuff that you'll never get from MSM, and is invaluable to hardcore fans.

-You touched on the KC game towards the end. I personally would have liked to hear a bit more on the upcoming game. (In general.) Breaking down the opponent a bit, etc. (You did some of that, and it was pretty good.)

-Taco - Agree that 90 minutes is a pretty good length. Gives enough time to cover the prior game... the big picture... and next week's games.

-Around the Boards - Good stuff.

-Not having a podcast next week: Unacceptable, even though I may not have time to listen... the option needs to be there. Skype works from the internet, Taco. Get it together. Don't give me the "work" excuse. From where do you think I'm typing this?

Overall - A fun listen. Thanks for putting these together.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #41
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
I was going to say it was my favorite one ever. Then 75% of you didn't just defend Hillis, but advocated going out and trying to acquire him. Oh good grief.

Not only that, but the bozo acts as if these were the first hints we've ever had at Hillis being a behind-the-scenes issue.

But, we can't let that stop the dream of an all-white backfield!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #42
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Socal:

Didn't Shanny break out the Option with Cutler when they started losing RB's back in 2008?

Would it be that hard to sort out timing assuming Tebow has done it most of his playing career or is it more timing for the OL and practice time needed for them to get in-sync?

Does anyone know for sure that they haven't been working on an option here or there over the last couple weeks knowing that eventually everyone would be adjusting to the QB/HB option? It will surely be interesting to see what they do to build on the success of last week vs KFC.

I am only 15 minutes in but love it so far. Going to have to catch a few minutes here and there. Great job guys but I miss Kahn, us mancrush guys have to stick together! Ok that didn't sound right in light of the Sandusky stuff, just incase my words get bent out of context man crushes do not imply penetration or spit swapping, just admiration.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #43
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Great job guys! Good listen for sure.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #44
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Where is SoCal? I need to rep him.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #45
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
-Not having a podcast next week: Unacceptable, even though I may not have time to listen... the option needs to be there. Skype works from the internet, Taco. Get it together. Don't give me the "work" excuse. From where do you think I'm typing this?

I wouldn't want to miss it, but I'm at a conference all week, and that means working the floor, working after hours parties, vendor receptions etc. I won't even see the KC game until I get home on Thursday. This is the time of year to perform or get fired...
Old 11-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #46
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
I was going to say it was my favorite one ever. Then 75% of you didn't just defend Hillis, but advocated going out and trying to acquire him. Oh good grief.

Of course I could have gone next Tuesday but we're not doing it and I might actually miss the 29th. The forces that be are conspiring to keep me off the show.
!

I wouldn't dream of it. I loves me some Khan...
Old 11-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #47
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Where is SoCal? I need to rep him.
Amen! Glad Montrose posted in the thread this week so I could rep him.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #48
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Peyton Hillis has clearly lost it and thinks he's some sort of Peyton Hillis or something.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #49
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I wouldn't want to miss it, but I'm at a conference all week, and that means working the floor, working after hours parties, vendor receptions etc. I won't even see the KC game until I get home on Thursday. This is the time of year to perform or get fired...
If you expand the format a couple hours I could do an episode on Gene and the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo projects and how his philosophy and experiences are essential and can be adapted to right the Broncos franchise. I just don't think 90 minutes would be enough time.

Or I could get DEATHSicle to do a 90 minute freeform synth jam based on the Dave Smith Mopho mono synth. That way I could justify buying a Moogerfooger Ring Mod and Digitech Timebender pedals to the wife of DEATHSicle as they would be instrumental to the piece. She might go for that, or at least not roll her eyes when DEATHSicle buys them.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #50
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If you expand the format a couple hours I could do an episode on Gene and the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo projects and how his philosophy and experiences are essential and can be adapted to right the Broncos franchise. I just don't think 90 minutes would be enough time.

Or I could get DEATHSicle to do a 90 minute freeform synth jam based on the Dave Smith Mopho mono synth. That way I could justify buying a Moogerfooger Ring Mod and Digitech Timebender pedals to the wife of DEATHSicle as they would be instrumental to the piece. She might go for that, or at least not roll her eyes when DEATHSicle buys them.
Only if the music video has me in the background of Michelle Beisner at Dove Valley holding a new video card standing next to Aaron Francisco.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: