The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #26
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Theres a minimum of 6 rushers in those three shots and not 5. In the first one, seven rushers. Your old eyes are failing you

And if it were a blitz of 5, with a spy AND a guy floating underneath zone... well, you should add up those match ups because it doesnt work

Also screens are more effective vs man than zone, ftr.

And I also do wonder about the WRs getting open.
Yep eyes were failing me on that pic...

But you have to admit rev they didn't have to sell out... this was EASY. We will see if the screen game comes alive next week, but I seriously doubt it. Spies and delayed blitz's have worked so far.

IMO, with all the trash teams are throwing at the middle of the field it might be time to bring back the bubble screen... Does he throw that well enough? Or is that an automatic pick six with his wind up and the coverage?

Hell I don't know... If things look this bad next week you guys may have to add a NCAA QB segment.

TJ: "So Pat how about that RGIII kid? Could he and Tebow run the dual QB A-11 offense."

Rev: Nom, Nom, Nom... Halloween Candy
Old 11-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #27
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Yep eyes were failing me on that pic...

But you have to admit rev they didn't have to sell out... this was EASY. We will see if the screen game comes alive next week, but I seriously doubt it. Spies and delayed blitz's have worked so far.
We can just assume anything we want to...

Here's what I KNOW: Miami developed a successful blueprint vs Tebow and Detroit executed it even better. We're most likely going to see the SAME thing @ Oakland.

This is all I want: Quick hits over the middle and into the flat when he reads blitz. Two TE sets (12 or 22 personnel packages) when it's a slow developing 7+ step drop. Etc.

I don't think that's too much to ask nor does it absolve him of any responsibility in the performance. But let's try to eliminate those things that are wreaking havoc on his fundamentals so we can give improvement a fighting chance.

Quote:
IMO, with all the trash teams are throwing at the middle of the field it might be time to bring back the bubble screen... Does he throw that well enough? Or is that an automatic pick six with his wind up and the coverage?
That's a good question.

Quote:
Hell I don't know... If things look this bad next week you guys may have to add a NCAA QB segment.

TJ: "So Pat how about that RGIII kid? Could he and Tebow run the dual QB A-11 offense."

Rev: Nom, Nom, Nom... Halloween Candy
I don't like Griffin
Old 11-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #28
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

He threw plenty of WR screens last year with success.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #29
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Came across this while digging up quotes for the Kubiak thread:

Quote:
"He looked like he was more comfortable in the second half," Texans linebacker Zac Diles said of Tebow. "They had him throwing screens and short passes. (But) the man can play football."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16947617

I'll be damned if this isn't exactly what the eff we've been asking for... :/
Old 11-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #30
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
But behind that line Orton was never sacked as much as Tebow has been. Nothing has changed but the QB and the league already has the book on how to beat him.
Ok, I have to call you on this...

O-line
Orton had Clady-level talent watching his backside... Tebow has Franklin.

Running game
Orton had McGahee moving the chains... Tebow has Moreno.

Passing game
Orton lived off Lloyd talent... Tebow now has a shuffled deck of players that did him no favors last game.

coaching
Had the book on how to use Orton... Still have no clue on how to use Tebow.

Now this is just a few of the obvious stuff without even getting into play calling and protection packages...etc.

but none of this matters right? apples to apples...

ok
Old 11-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #31
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Ok, I have to call you on this...

O-line
Orton had Clady-level talent watching his backside... Tebow has Franklin.

Running game
Orton had McGahee moving the chains... Tebow has Moreno.

Passing game
Orton lived off Lloyd talent... Tebow now has a shuffled deck of players that did him no favors last game.

coaching
Had the book on how to use Orton... Still have no clue on how to use Tebow.

Now this is just a few of the obvious stuff without even getting into play calling and protection packages...etc.

but none of this matters right? apples to apples...

ok
Except that Tebow holds the ball three times longer than Orton and doesn't step up into the pocket.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:17 AM   #32
Powderaddict

Quote:
Except that Tebow holds the ball three times longer than Orton and doesn't step up into the pocket.
And when he does get an open man he overthrows hi 5-10 yards.

I agree he's not getting many favors from the plays called, but at the same time he's making the plays called look terrble by his lack of execution.

It's not that he looks like a young QB with a few things to work on. He needs to work on EVERYTHING.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #33
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

For you SoCal DJ Williams

btw great job guys!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #34
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
As of Orton ever stepped into the pocket. That was one of the biggest reasons that he sucked...
Old 11-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #35
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
And when he does get an open man he overthrows hi 5-10 yards.

I agree he's not getting many favors from the plays called, but at the same time he's making the plays called look terrble by his lack of execution.

It's not that he looks like a young QB with a few things to work on. He needs to work on EVERYTHING.
He also had receivers drop more balls than he threw high. One was high because it was a jump ball to a single covered Thomas, who didn't leave his feet. He threw one ball that went right through a receivers hands, only to hit another reciever in the hands and drop to the ground... Royal had like five balls hit him in the hands or go straight between his hands.

You guys only blame Tebow for this horrible receiver play. It was really stupid to give away the two top receivers...

Last edited by jhns; 11-03-2011 at 06:37 AM..
Old 11-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #36
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
...So which of his seven sacks would you attribute to that?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #37
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
15:00 mark ...

Yea I totally couldn't understand the lack of screens. I won't bash the overall play calling because who knows why they call what they call at this point and I'm sure others will...

But the screens... I always thought you almost would start running them out of necessity at some point in games where your line/protections are getting killed. I mean sure you call them at your own leisure as well but all my life when teams are getting smoked up front on O you always hear the guys in the booth talk about the team needing to call some screens to HELP out their line.

It's like whoever calls the plays for us refuses to adapt to what is happening on the field.
A little Mike Martzish in ways. A little to much I'm CALLING THIS !!!! and I don't care what I've seen all game or what has worked and hasn't.

It's like they don't even understand paper, rock, scissors sometimes...
I like the idea of the 2 man game that Socal mentioned, with the 1 step drops or quick slants to a TE.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #38
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Actually he DID step into the pocket last game. I re-watched the game again yesterday and was surprised myself.

Twice Lynch was even knocking him for going too far into the pocket. Like that overthrown jump pass to Royal down the right side. Watch it again an you'll see that the back released into the flat. Had Tebow NOT stepped into the pocket he could have dumped it off. There were a couple to Decker that he stepped into the pock. The last sack I believe he stepped up into the pocket right into a sack. It was a mixed bag... but he was stepping into the pocket last game.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #39
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Agree with you guys that this mess is Bowlen's fault.

Great point by Rev about Bowlen saying he his taking his team back and the best holdovers are still from Shanny's tenure!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #40
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

GENE is CLUTCH!

YES!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #41
Powderaddict

Hey, does anyone have the call in number handy? I've looked around but don't see it.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #42
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Hey, does anyone have the call in number handy? I've looked around but don't see it.
(720) 257-9899

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100800
Old 11-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #43
Powderaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
TY

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: