The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
broncoblue
english not british!!

Default fox?

how much to blame lies on him for our embarrassment?
is it dragged over from shanny hangover? dragged over from mcd? mr b?
how did it come to this?
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He inherited a terrible team with some serious issues, a few days like this were always a possibility sadly.

That's not to say I've been impressed with him so far, but the team he took over sucked a lot.

The bright spot for me has been Allen as DC. I like his style of D, with a good MIKE linebacker and some DB's who (apart from Champ) aren't absolutely terrible I think the D could be good under him. Hopefully Moore and Carter can develop this year and be capable NFL safeties by the time next season starts, and we get someone with eyes and a pair of functional hands to take Goodman's spot.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo

Oh course, Fox gets the "inherited" terrible team pass but McDaniels doesn't.

The government is full of hypocrites who play favorites, the people are full of hypocrites who play favorites...

but yet they both b**** at each other.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Fox was not impressive last season either... I am starting to wonder why we even got him.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by command like a KING View Post

The government is full of hypocrites who play favorites, the people are full of hypocrites who play favorites...

but yet they both b**** at each other.
McDainiels
Cutler gone
Marshall gone
Shefter gone
Hillis gone
Defense never addressed; countless picks wasted.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Fox is dealing with a rabid fanbase that's allergic to decent QB's, so that doesn't help.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
lod01
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Fox was garbage in carolina and a horrible hire. He fits well with teblow.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

I really dont think Fox is that bad of a coach

I do think McCoy is that bad at offense though, and right now Tebow is that bad at throwing the ball

sigh
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Well Lynch is tripping all over himself to point out how badly out coached we were today -- and he used to be a Bronco. The problem is that we are still paying 3 head coaches, Fox is safe.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
broncoblue
english not british!!

give elway the headphones
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #11
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by command like a KING View Post
Yes, because McDaniels is an arrogant, egomaniacal, power mongering, douche biatch who alienated player and staff alike, while harboring video-taping cheating scum.

Any coach, even good coaches like Fox/Shanahan can lose, but it takes a special kind of classless trash scum to alienate everyone while doing so.

You know what's worse than cheating loser scum? Clowns who support that kind of scum.

** And for the record, McDaniels DID get a pass in his first season, it was his douchebag antics like condoning cheaters that got him fired in his second.

Last edited by fontaine; 10-30-2011 at 04:15 PM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

When Denver hired Fox that likely sealed Tebow's fate. Fox is the exact wrong coach for Tebow. Fox is as old school as they come. His play calling today shows he does not know how to use Tebow. He didn't give the kid a chance with the play calling. Almost like they want to make him look bad so the fans will shut up when they dump him.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #13
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
When Denver hired Fox that likely sealed Tebow's fate. Fox is the exact wrong coach for Tebow. Fox is as old school as they come. His play calling today shows he does not know how to use Tebow. He didn't give the kid a chance with the play calling. Almost like they want to make him look bad so the fans will shut up when they dump him.
Either your right or Fox and Mccoy are just [plain stupid !
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #14
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Fox was not impressive last season either... I am starting to wonder why we even got him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
This.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #15
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Fox just said that he will evaluate as to who starts at qb next weekend
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #16
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
If he goes back to Orton he should be fired immediately. I'd rather watch today's game over and over again than go back to Orton.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #17
Agamemnon

Expecting Fox to make this team good overnight is obviously not realistic. Making them better than a horribly coached joke of a team under McD? I don't think that's too high a standard. So far he's failed miserably. This team is actually more out of sync and makes more stupid mistakes than last year. And the fundamental philosophy behind it all just seems terribly flawed and outdated. This was a terrible hiring. Period.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #18
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
If he goes back to Orton he should be fired immediately. I'd rather watch today's game over and over again than go back to Orton.
Can we get plummer to come back?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #19
Agamemnon

Quote:
Them going back to Orton won't surprise me one bit. Is it good for this franchise's future to do so? Obviously not. And therefore it's the choice they will make. They've established a pattern at this point.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #20
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Expecting Fox to make this team good overnight is obviously not realistic. Making them better than a horribly coached joke of a team under McD? I don't think that's too high a standard. So far he's failed miserably. This team is actually more out of sync and makes more stupid mistakes than last year. And the fundamental philosophy behind it all just seems terribly flawed and outdated. This was a terrible hiring. Period.
Wow.I remember us telling you this when orton was playing.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #21
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
He should be fired for his lack of decision making. You made the change knowing full well that Tebow is raw and very inexperienced. While it may look bad you have to give the guy more time. Now you have two QBs you have given up on.

Eventually players start thinking and not playing because they know they are going to get axed.

That is just my opinion, you just can't flip flop on guys.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #22
Agamemnon

Quote:
Wow.I remember us telling you this when orton was playing.
You remember what? I have been pretty down on the Fox hiring for quite some time. This isn't about Orton or Tebow to be honest. This is about the team looking poorly coached overall, and the gameplan being far too vanilla and predictable on both sides of the ball. The QB debacle is just the icing on the cake.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #23
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You remember what? I have been pretty down on the Fox hiring for quite some time. This isn't about Orton or Tebow to be honest. This is about the team looking poorly coached overall, and the gameplan being far too vanilla and predictable on both sides of the ball. The QB debacle is just the icing on the cake.
I remember you screaming for tebow to be put in.some of us kept telling you that it was fox's first year and it would take time.now that tebow is not working out,you agree that it will take time to right the ship.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblue View Post
how did it come to this?

He's been gone THREE years and all of our best players are STILL holdovers from his era...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #25
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblue View Post
how did it come to this?
It started with Bowlen making a rash decision then not sticking to a plan and instead hiring a punk with very little NFL experience because he was afraid KFC would hire him and he would haunt him for 10 years.

It still amazes me that Bowlen would let mCd hire the dude who was busted twice for cheating. He must have expected lightning in a bottle, too bad we got a stinking turd in a burning paper sack.

mCd gutted the team, EFX are trying to build the team through the draft. They are using this year to evaluate what they have to work with and what to address next year.

mCd had no patience, he made rash decisions and got desperate quickly trying to win quickly rather than actually build a team that would withstand the long haul. Remember when mCd thought signing Ty Law was better than starting his own shiny new 2nd round pick he moved up to get?

We need to be patient with Fox, I could see mCcoy getting the axe as he was inherited from mCd and has done a poor job with both Orton and now Timmy but we need some long term stability at HC and DC. This franchise and fanbase has wanted to make the quick desperation tweaks rather than build the foundation. Having to waste 1st round picks on QBs every couple years hasn't helped.

Back when the Mercury program started NASA would send all the astronauts out to any and every function they could. It was one of the things the astronauts disliked the most about the program, they called it "time in the barrel".

Until we get the base of the team stabilized and rebuilt we Bronco fans will just have to do our time in the barrel. There is no quick fix, we have been subject to too many quick fixes that didnt work, we have no depth at all and little on the skill side, it will take time to build.

Hopefully Tim can get it going and make some progress, if not we will be drafting a new QB high next draft and then have to break in yet another QB which means even more time before winning consistently.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote