The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #26
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
There has NEVER been anything better than Tebow talking with Guile's theme in the background.

Ever.

Badass.
I finally finished the whole show and this is without a doubt the best ending ever done.

Now we just need some Wham! on the next one and the heavens will open up.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #27
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

No Finkle shout out....F U ALL!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #28
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Great job everyone, including TheRev. As much as I've called you out for other things here I thought your take on what Tebow opens up for the O was particularly good.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #29
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Great job everyone, including TheRev. As much as I've called you out for other things here I thought your take on what Tebow opens up for the O was particularly good.
Hopefully for the last time: please don't talk to me.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #30
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

As for trading Lloyd, here are his stats split between Orton and Tebow games last year:

Tebow: Yards per game: 88, TDs per game: 0.7, Receptions per game: 4.7
Orton: Yards per game: 91, TDs per game: 0.7, Receptions per game: 4.8

I don't think it matters which QB gets him the ball, he is going to do what he does and in fact he may be able to make more big plays with the additional pressure on the box Tebow forces and the strength of the play fake that Tebow brings.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #31
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm listening now and kicking myself for missing so many things.
  1. This week the Broncos during the BYE practices are doing "training camp-like" practices with brand new install for Tebow and getting the offense to prepare to play with him (the line will need to block longer, the receivers need to keep running their routes longer, etc) The length of plays is going to go up.
  2. I didn't get a chance to talk about Clady, who has been playing better.
  3. The San Diego corners. They have some young, talented corners who are going to be a thorn in our side.
  4. Definitely not enough WHAM! references.
Clady is getting back into the play we saw his rookie year, he is moving his opponent around in the run game and his quickness is really coming back.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #32
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Clady is getting back into the play we saw his rookie year, he is moving his opponent around in the run game and his quickness is really coming back.
this doesnt surprise me much....just needed the big guy to get back to 100% again. however, some players arent the same after that injury, so it was nice to see him get that movement back
Old 10-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #33
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
As for trading Lloyd, here are his stats split between Orton and Tebow games last year:

Tebow: Yards per game: 88, TDs per game: 0.7, Receptions per game: 4.7
Orton: Yards per game: 91, TDs per game: 0.7, Receptions per game: 4.8

I don't think it matters which QB gets him the ball, he is going to do what he does and in fact he may be able to make more big plays with the additional pressure on the box Tebow forces and the strength of the play fake that Tebow brings.
good find....don't know why it seems like his play dips when Tebow is in, but it does appear that way to the naked eye.

weird
Old 10-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #34
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

You are going to make me call long distance from Canada to get a podcast next week? This is outrageous!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #35
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
You are going to make me call long distance from Canada to get a podcast next week? This is outrageous!
The first of many punishments for living in canada
Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #36
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The first of many punishments for living in canada
You clearly never tried to survive the hellish post-apocalyptic wasteland called Canadian winter, this will hardly be my first punishment although it may be the most severe.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #37
vonqkilla

Carter was the only safety as floyd was running a seam corner, he also had to watch the tes. It was stupid to blitz raheem, but oh well.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #38
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I finally finished the whole show and this is without a doubt the best ending ever done.

Now we just need some Wham! on the next one and the heavens will open up.
Nice job, man. I got a chance to catch most of it last night. Still prefer the original crew better, though. Montrose definitely adds and element of neutral, professionalism that I think keeps the whole thing more grounded and less like guys trying to out-do each other... which is where most podcasts go horribly wrong.

But, it stayed in mostly football X's and O's territory... and hence (at least for me) stayed interesting.

I love SoCal, but I think he does have a decidedly anti-Broncos FO stance... which is fine, but if there's no one to take an alternate view (and one does exist) ... that gets to be a little tiresome. That said, his pure football takes are great to listen to.

Oh, and the screen pass to Moreno was an audible at the line by Tebow. Well, I'm 98% sure I heard Tim say that in an interview.

The most disturbing thing about these podcasts is that I find myself agreeing with Taco on a regular basis.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #39
vonqkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Nice job, man. I got a chance to catch most of it last night. Still prefer the original crew better, though. Montrose definitely adds and element of neutral, professionalism that I think keeps the whole thing more grounded and less like guys trying to out-do each other... which is where most podcasts go horribly wrong.

But, it stayed in mostly football X's and O's territory... and hence (at least for me) stayed interesting.

I love SoCal, but I think he does have a decidedly anti-Broncos FO stance... which is fine, but if there's no one to take an alternate view (and one does exist) ... that gets to be a little tiresome. That said, his pure football takes are great to listen to.

Oh, and the screening pass to Moreno was an audible at the line by Tebow. Well, I'm 98% sure I heard Tim say that in an interview.

The most disturbing thing about these podcasts is that I find myself agreeing with Taco on a regular basis.
I heard him say the td Run was his audible.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #40
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonqkilla View Post
You know what, you may be right. I stand corrected. I just know it was one of the two big plays, and I think you're correct. So, scratch my prior comment.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #41
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
You're clearly even more of a douche than a lot of people think. Against my better judgment I give you a complement and your response couldn't be pettier (the antithesis of being the better man). Some community addition you are.

Last edited by Chris; 10-13-2011 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #42
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonqkilla View Post
That ^

Quote:
You know what, you may be right. I stand corrected. I just know it was one of the two big plays, and I think you're correct. So, scratch my prior comment.
I looked at the play close to look for an audible but there's nothing really definitive so I wanted to give credit to McCoy for a perfect play call on the good chance it WAS his play call.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #43
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
You're clearly even more of a douche than a lot of people think. Against my better judgment I give you a complement and your response couldn't be pettier (the antithesis of being the better man). Some community addition you are.
What part of this post gets past you?

Quote:
You're worthless to me. No big deal, but if you're this sensitive, go cry about it elsewhere please.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #44
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Well the original crew was all there with exception of Montrose, so I'm going to guess you are hoping Montrose gets his own show?
Quote:

SoCal's thing is going to be the sarcastic, slightly grumpy guy on the show. And that's fine. I think its hilarious and it works (see used pair of shoes). I don't find the staff and front office as inept as the other two, but when it comes to many of those choices, you'll find Montrose agrees with the other two guys more than myself.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #45
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
What part of this post gets past you?

You're worthless to me. No big deal, but if you're this sensitive, go cry about it elsewhere please.
You're the most sensitive poster on this board.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #46
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
You're the most sensitive poster on this board.

[img]http://blog.aorafting.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/imgp1213.jpg[img]
You got me

Let me try AGAIN:

Quote:
Old 10-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #47
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Great show as usual. Got to listen to it over the last hour of my work day. SoCal had me literally .

Keep up the great work!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #48
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Listening at the gym, I had to stop running during the Kuper talk because I was laughing so hard I thought I'd trip and fall. By the time of SoCal's Joe Mays comment I literally thought I was going to pee my pants.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #49
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Listening at the gym, I had to stop running during the Kuper talk because I was laughing so hard I thought I'd trip and fall. By the time of SoCal's Joe Mays comment I literally thought I was going to pee my pants.
SoCal was hilarious.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #50
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'm hoping Taco ends the podcast each week with some player quote clip (like the Tebow one) to the Guile theme background or a Wham song background. We can alternate between them.

Go Canes!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: