The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #126
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As regards the Shanahan firing and what to do / what wasn't done... I'd have stripped the guy of any personnel control. Have any owners ever retained coaches while removing some of their responsibility?
Wouldn't have worked, and wasn't necessary anyway. Shanahan was the Vice President of Football Operations. He wasn't taking a demotion. He didn't need to because when he was fired, he finally had a group that was making some good decisions and approaching the draft the right way.

The only thing Shanahan needed was one more year to use the record amount of draft picks and salary cap room that he had stockpiled. Even if we had fired him the next year, this organization would be light years ahead of where it is right now.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #127
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I agree that we'd be ahead... but what defensive talent did the Goodmans draft? Dumervil. One elite pick on D in three drafts. Forgive me as I'm not entirely sure when they came into our scouting department while Sundquist was GM.

Defensive Draft Picks

Backup - Josh Barrett (on our team), Jack Williams
Duds - Carlton Powell

Backup - Marcus Thomas
Duds - Jarvis Moss, Tim Crowder

Elite starter - Elvis Dumervil
Old 10-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #128
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I agree that we'd be ahead... but what defensive talent did the Goodmans draft? Dumervil. One elite pick on D in three drafts. Forgive me as I'm not entirely sure when they came into our scouting department while Sundquist was GM.

Defensive Draft Picks

Backup - Josh Barrett (on our team), Jack Williams
Duds - Carlton Powell

Backup - Marcus Thomas
Duds - Jarvis Moss, Tim Crowder

Elite starter - Elvis Dumervil
Fwiw... Where we were drafting I think shanny would have drafted Orakpo.

Him and Doom would have been nice in 2009.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #129
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Again let me first start by stating this, I really like the pod cast. However, the constant b****ing and finger pointing about who is at fault is tiring. Socal's Venom for Bowlen, Everyone else's venom against Orton takes away a lot of the great parts.

I understand it's a round table discussion but I am so Orton/Tebow'd out....
Given you Av.....well let's just leave it at that.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #130
CEH
Ring of Famer

Who just said how does Miller's 4 sacks compare to Peterson's one turnover and 7 points on a punt return.

Simple

Miller has 2 forced fumbles inside the oponents red zone setting up the offense to score 7 and win 2 games. Had they scored we are now 3-1.
Can't ask for more 4 games in. A direct impact on winning from the defensive side of the ball

Big wow Peterson returned a punt for a TD but is getting torched at this postion is on pace to be the next Antrelle Rolle

What we really need to do is trade DJ and free up that $5MM to pay a decent CB like Joesph to start opposite Champ. That would have been a coup and a great FA move
Old 10-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #131
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Who just said how does Miller's 4 sacks compare to Peterson's one turnover and 7 points on a punt return.

Simple

Miller has 2 forced fumbles inside the oponents red zone setting up the offense to score 7 and win 2 games. Had they scored we are now 3-1.
Can't ask for more 4 games in. A direct impact on winning from the defensive side of the ball

Big wow Peterson returned a punt for a TD but is getting torched at this postion is on pace to be the next Antrelle Rolle

What we really need to do is trade DJ and free up that $5MM to pay a decent CB like Joesph to start opposite Champ. That would have been a coup and a great FA move
Had he forced the fumbles and recovered em, for sure. An INT is simply more valuable than a FF and a TD much more valuable than either.

Quite frankly, an extra 7 in week 1 (or 3) puts Denver at 2-2 and a lot more optimistic moving forward.

Certainly not saying we made the wrong pick, but both have made large impacts so far into their careers and making absolute conclusions based on 4 games of hopefully LONG careers is the epitome of ridiculousness and why I tried to avoid even talking about it several times.

PS. He's really NOT getting torched at his position...
Old 10-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #132
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Had he forced the fumbles and recovered em, for sure. An INT is simply more valuable than a FF and a TD much more valuable than either.

Quite frankly, an extra 7 in week 1 (or 3) puts Denver at 2-2 and a lot more optimistic moving forward.

Certainly not saying we made the wrong pick, but both have made large impacts so far into their careers and making absolute conclusions based on 4 games of hopefully LONG careers is the epitome of ridiculousness and why I tried to avoid even talking about it several times.

PS. He's really NOT getting torched at his position...
But Denver did recovered both forced fumbles so I'm not sure what you are saying an INT is more valuable than the 2 FF recovered by Denver. If the offense was semi compentent Denver would be 3-1 right now thanks in large part to Von Miller

Peterson's a rookie and is learning the ropes ala Shawn Springs back in the day but the jury is still out if he's quick twitch enough to remain at CB
Old 10-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #133
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
But Denver did recovered both forced fumbles so I'm not sure what you are saying an INT is more valuable than the 2 FF recovered by Denver. If the offense was semi compentent Denver would be 3-1 right now thanks in large part to Von Miller

Peterson's a rookie and is learning the ropes ala Shawn Springs back in the day but the jury is still out if he's quick twitch enough to remain at CB
No, I'm saying individually an INT is worth more than a FF. Unless it's a FF and a FR. There's nothing debatable about that.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #134
Sim Pilot 4.0
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

I finally got a chance to listen to a couple of these podcasts. I like them. Job well done.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #135
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No, I'm saying individually an INT is worth more than a FF. Unless it's a FF and a FR. There's nothing debatable about that.
BTW Great job on your first podcast. And great job to all involved

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: