The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #76
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Personally, I wish you would've been able to make it last night.
I am too. And don't mistake my feeling that the podcast was a negative one for thinking you guys did poorly or said anything wrong in a general sense. 1-3 coming off a 4-12 season doesn't leave anyone with much objective optimism. I just think there are some things we're doing well and there are some things that are fun to watch on the team.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #77
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I am too. And don't mistake my feeling that the podcast was a negative one for thinking you guys did poorly or said anything wrong in a general sense. 1-3 coming off a 4-12 season doesn't leave anyone with much objective optimism. I just think there are some things we're doing well and there are some things that are fun to watch on the team.
Oh I know. The only reason I'm really pushing for specific examples are so TJ has something tangible to look at when he's preparing for next week's show.

As far as I'm concerned we DID address everything that Denver's doing well (I did want to talk about Allen doing a lot of under looks to try and keep Von near the LOS, but couldnt crowbar that into any of my ramblings either) sadly.

And we were nicer than you expected:

"I expect a 45 minutes will be about how Fox is terrible for not starting Tebow, and then 15 minutes lauding the praises Mike Shanahan."
Old 10-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #78
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Oh I know. The only reason I'm really pushing for specific examples are so TJ has something tangible to look at when he's preparing for next week's show.

As far as I'm concerned we DID address everything that Denver's doing well (I did want to talk about Allen doing a lot of under looks to try and keep Von near the LOS, but couldnt crowbar that into any of my ramblings either) sadly.

And we were nicer than you expected:

"I expect a 45 minutes will be about how Fox is terrible for not starting Tebow, and then 15 minutes lauding the praises Mike Shanahan."
I was surprised Raj brought Shanny up more than the three of you combined. I was expecting a full on tribute to the nineties with bumper music featuring Dave Mathews band and Hootie and Blowfish.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #79
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just finished and it was good stuff. Rev was a good addition. You should have him on more.

My only complaint would be the mics, which I'm pretty sure has been talked about. One mic just sounds muffled and the volume on each mic was vastly different. It seemed like taco and socal were a lower volume than the other two. Taco did have an alright volume a lot of the time, it just sounded like it faded or he backed away from the mic a few times. This is just picky bs though, it doesn't really take away from the show, just had to adjust the volume a couple times.

Last edited by jhns; 10-05-2011 at 01:57 PM..
Old 10-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #80
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I was surprised Raj brought Shanny up more than the three of you combined. I was expecting a full on tribute to the nineties with bumper music featuring Dave Mathews band and Hootie and Blowfish.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #81
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I want me some 24Champ as a guest on the podcast!

When are you going to be on? Your one of the most underrated posters here.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #82
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Drinking our collective sorrows away, watching the 98 'bowl to"Time".
Old 10-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #83
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

You know what's creeping me out? TheRev actually sounds like Ron Burgundy.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #84
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Hahaha.

I was consciously avoiding Shanahan and Peterson talk. I even tried to change the subject a couple times lol.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #85
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
You know what's creeping me out? TheRev actually sounds like Ron Burgundy.
Lol gtfo
Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #86
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

You have been such an outspoken supporter of Peterson I just couldn't help myself.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #87
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I didn't like the point of Peterson having a turnover. Miller has four sacks AND two forced fumbles.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #88
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Every week it goes an hour and a half. With all the things to talk about, it's hard to keep it shorter than that. I've gotten a lot of feedback from people saying they like the length. I've gotten some from others who wish it were shorter. I personally like the hour and a half format. It's very throurough. It gives us a chance to really hash over the issues. It lends itself to the panel format really well. It's compelling throughout. And best of all, it fills the space when I'm on my bike ride. I like to listen to podcasts while I'm excersizing, cooking, doing chores, etc. I listen to several podcasts that are over an hour long - some of them even going over 2 hours. If the discussion is entertaining, it think it works out ok.
I agree. It could even go longer if there are interesting topics. If you don't like the length stop listening! Turn off the radio! This isn't Readers Digest.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #89
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I want me some 24Champ as a guest on the podcast!

When are you going to be on? Your one of the most underrated posters here.
I'm sure there are better guests to be had. Like Drek, Mediator etc.

Actually, I would love to hear Wabbit chime in on the podcast if he was still around. He would be the Adam Schefter of the podcast.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #90
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I get the gripe, I'm just asking for people to give examples so TJ can implement them towards the development of his show. Somehow it'll be viewed as "needlessly confrontational" though
I don't see stating facts as negativity. If the facts happen to have negative connotations, that's just the way it is. Blind optimism doesn't solve problems. If the fan base and more people on this board were aware of more of the details and facts, rather than random snippets of information that they here from the talking heads, we would have a lot less confrontation on here. Additionally, it would hold the FO more accountable given that most fans know about 10% of what is available in detail information. I wish I could have heard that Fox interview where Woody was laying into him better. Does anyone have a link to that press conference?
Old 10-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #91
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Haha NO ONE on the show advocated firing Fox.
, perfect example of someone taking small parts of information without the complete story and turning it into unnecessary drama.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #92
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
I didn't like the point of Peterson having a turnover. Miller has four sacks AND two forced fumbles.
And fortunately for us, both forced fumbles were recovered by Denver.

Doesn't always work that way though.

INTs are going the other way every time.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #93
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I get that. Especially on the Orton front, and I'll back off. My beef was more that there was nothing positive about anyone at any level and I really don't believe that. For example, the criticisms of the front office's incompetence and the coach's as well were decidedly one-sided. The draft was considered pretty good, but no one mentioned this in criticizing Elway. Just snide comments like "this isn't a lemonade stand" (like he's been treating it like one?) and then ripping him for his bad tweets. Then stuff like saying John Fox isn't a motivator (and he is. Say what you want about him but his teams play for him, reports from the players are that they do buy more than McD, and we aren't losing due to lack of effort, but talent.) and that the Broncos not being able sign free agents that were singed by Carolina ( the majority of which were signed before free agency even began) is evidence he's "not a players coach?"

Come on.

I might rip Orton, but I usually paint the picture that there is hope on the horizon, remind people we're in a rebuild, and point to the areas on the team that are improving every week. I'm not going to pretend the team is going to be good or will be even in the near future, but I don't ridicule every level of the team from top to bottom.
I completely agree that you are not overly negative at all. It's always the same hand full of people that want infinite optimism based on facts that don't always paint that picture if you're looking at them objectively. You always have something positive to spin. Whether I always agree with it or not is another story
Old 10-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #94
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
I guess there are people who like the negativity, though. And there is certainly plenty of it to go around for this team, and has been for some time. I remember someone on here saying they like Les Shapiro as a radio host and he's pretty negative and they see it as "calling it like it is" so I guess its a taste thing. Apparently not mine.
Couldn't agree more.

It's one thing to be realistic, it's another to just dump on things for the sake of doing so. But, being negative is pretty easy, honestly. It's much tougher to constructively really break things down in a way that is in touch with reality, but also looks at the bigger picture... acknowledges actual progress, etc.

In any case, I probably won't have time to listen to this week's podcast. Too much going on, and Sunday will be upon us before I have a chance. Hope you'll be back on next week. To me, the thing that makes the whole thing work is the balance of hosts. Taco kicking questions out to three of the best posters this forum has is a great formula.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #95
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Was OL play discussed in any depth? I don't recall.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #96
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Couldn't agree more.

It's one thing to be realistic, it's another to just dump on things for the sake of doing so. But, being negative is pretty easy, honestly. It's much tougher to constructively really break things down in a way that is in touch with reality, but also looks at the bigger picture... acknowledges actual progress, etc.

In any case, I probably won't have time to listen to this week's podcast. Too much going on, and Sunday will be upon us before I have a chance. Hope you'll be back on next week. To me, the thing that makes the whole thing work is the balance of hosts. Taco kicking questions out to three of the best posters this forum has is a great formula.
So... you chimed in with this post, but didn't even listen to it?

You are simply amazing.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #97
KO5K

Loved the podcast once again guys.

Some of Rev's sarcastic comments were cracking me up!

Old 10-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #98
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I'm sure there are better guests to be had. Like Drek, Mediator etc.

Actually, I would love to hear Wabbit chime in on the podcast if he was still around. He would be the Adam Schefter of the podcast.
To me, if you can get guys like Mediator on... you do it every time they want to be on.

JMO, but I just have little or no interest in hearing the average guy around the forum, outside of a call-in type situation. What's made this thing pique my interest is the talent Taco selected to do it. He managed to pick three of the very best, imo.

Anyway, look forward to catching next week's show if time allows. Thanks again to Taco for putting it together. Best thing the OM has done in a long time, imo.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #99
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
DEATHSicle can provide better music, the 1st bumper was bad though the voice over intro was pointed in the right direction.

Just started to listen, I had a full day of dr's yesterday.

BTW Taco, DEATHSicle got DEATHSicles new synth, little mono Dave Smith Mopho. Hint, Hint!
I dig me some new Sicle
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vtzeowlbkjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great job on the podcast by everyone.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #100
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Btw, for Montrose, you asked me a question specifically last night and I was really so dumbfounded about it I couldn't put it into the appropriate words, but I think this might.

Regarding when you were comparing Champ to Harris and Lloyd to Willis about "best chance to win" and the gap between them and contrasting it with Orton and Tebow and the gap between them potentially being even bigger:

Who's more talented, Champ or Harris?

Who's more talented, Lloyd or Willis?

Who's more talented, Orton or Tebow?

...and the gap between them might be bigger than the other spots.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: