The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...Not an exaggeration at all

Do you have some specific points you'd like to raise?

Which parts of the show did you disagree with?
At this point I would completely disagree with the characterization that our entire FO including ownership and the CFO are a bunch of clowns pocketing all the money while screwing over the fans. What I heard made me think the group was already on the level of a Matt Millen regime with a little al davis thrown in.

I don't think that is the case... at all.

I think people are forgetting the mess this team was in when the season ended in january... Followed by lockout / followed by a truncated FA period camp schedule etc. Point is the deck is completely stacked against them this season. I think they have done an acceptable job so far and deserve more time to enact their "plan".

Let me give a quick example. Several years ago a former friend tried to rip me off through a business we co-owned. Long story short... I removed him from the business and walked head first into a **** storm not unlike the 2010 Broncos. Now I would love to tell you that I walked in made every correct decision and turned everything around in a matter of 6 months. Unfortunately life does not work that way... I didn't make every correct decision and it took a hell of a lot longer than 6 months to fix the mess my personal McDaniel's created... Point is we are jumping the gun, and it is way too early to characterize them as a bunch of incompetent thief's.

By this point in the McD regime we had traded our QB, blown the entire draft, suspended our WR, and were in the process of giving the all screen offense a go... A resounding WTF had been earned.

Now don't get too defensive Rev... I think everyone did a good job. I just think the tone was more helpless than it should be at this point.

Last edited by TheDave; 10-05-2011 at 09:46 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: