The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 8 - @ Green Bay

Download Episode 8 - Week 4 @ Green Bay
(right click - save as)

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/7fs99x...podcast_08.mp3
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Sir_Robin
Veteran Armor Soiler

Bravely taking to his feet...

Does this one have the hotline calls?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Yes
Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Just finished. Super smooth cover up on my disconnect!

There was SOOOOO much I wanted to talk about that I'm somewhat all over the place. Regardless, thanks again, it was an absolute blast and looking forward to it again sometime.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:59 AM   #5
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Intelligent Honesty Surfaces

Gentlemen,

That was solid. It was not without quake from a production perspective (I'm sure Popps will have all sorts of things to fine tune because of his infinite experience) but it was your best delivery via Voice, of an intelligent representation of 'The Mane' and it's culture, yet.

As I mentioned to TJ on PM, I was waiting with bated breath. Because I tend to scan the forum and don't always pick up on the details and nuisances of personality that you all seem to already understand about each other, it has been awesome to put voice to User Name/Avatar.

What I have enjoyed most about this project in general, is not only the effort but to understand the personalities of some of the more involved, intelligent and informed vein of 'The Mane'.

As social media is becoming a cornerstone of our culture, many of the general complaints about 'The Mane' and it's ability to harbor intelligent discussion ("Like Back in the Day") can be over-come (IMO) with this type of media. There will always be the jackasses but if the leadership that makes 'The Mane' what it is, an "informed community", it will continue to improve.

I adore the concept of that idea continuing. TJ, Montrose, SoCal, Kaylore, thanks a million for the effort. TJ, I applaud your efforts to get your guest "The Rev" on. I'm biased because I suggested it but I really think it added to what this place is really all about. Thanks Rev. I'd be happy to listen to the long story if you're ever inclined. More to come....

Respectfully,

J
Old 10-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

The pod cast have been the best addition to the site since Boob Mojo.
Very well conceived T.J. and now you are forced to do these forever ! .
Rev , Socal and Kaylore was always 3 of my favorites here and it's hilarious to hear their takes.
God if only Mock was still here for these it would have been epic.

But well done guys.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:45 AM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Nice job, guys. Really enjoyed listening to this.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

So how many people are following Raj on Twitter?

Great job guys!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #9
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Awesome, well done. I've had a chance to listen to it last night.
Where was Kaylore?
I thought he was supposed to be one of the regulars along with Raj?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #10
Powderaddict

I'm an opening act, I feel so big time

Great job as always.

I enjoyed the discussion on John Fox. I think he can be a good coach here. But you are right - we were sold Tim Tebow, Orton was traded at the starting gun, and now we're supposed to believe that Orton was the QB all along and Denver is happy with him?

That's the disconnect with the fans right there. It's pretty obvious that the team is not willing to do what would be needed to be successful with Tebow. They didn't take him, they inherited him, and if he doesn't fit what they want to do, that's fair. But that being the case, why did they sell him so aggressively? It is unfair to the fans to sell him and put him front and center, then seem so annoyed when the fans expect to see him play, particularly with how uninspiring it is watching Orton.

The FO obviously doesn't really like Orton either, they haven't extended him, they tried to trade him, their action show they are not going to move forward with him, why be surprised when the fans pick up on that and do not want to move forward with him? The difference isn't IF, it's WHEN.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Awesome, well done. I've had a chance to listen to it last night.
Where was Kaylore?
I thought he was supposed to be one of the regulars along with Raj?

I think Kaylore was watching Dancing With the Stars.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think Kaylore was watching Dancing With the Stars.
Thankfully not! We had a dinner appointment with a couple of friends and I had dessert duty. It was an apple pie with strudel and was delicious, though I didn't let it cool completely and it ate like a cobbler.

I am sorry I missed this week. I love this format and am listening now. About 58 minutes in and still a half hour to go.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #13
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Good job....I think it was well done.

Tebow sucks btw
Old 10-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #14
TheDave
Sauced...

Well that was a happy chat...

First off thought everyone did a great job. Things keeping getting more and more polished. Rev, great job and I love the idea of rotating in posters as guest hosts (while keeping the core intact).

Having said that, I sure hope you guys are wrong.

Team... Crap
FO... Crap
Coaching Staff... Crap
CFO... Crap
Owner... Crap

I think we are going overboard here. We got our ass handed to us by the best team in the NFL. That sucks and it shows how far we have to go... But I'm not sure it signifies that everysingle piece of the franchise is crap.

JMO...
Old 10-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #15
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Thankfully not! We had a dinner appointment with a couple of friends and I had dessert duty. It was an apple pie with strudel and was delicious, though I didn't let it cool completely and it ate like a cobbler.

I am sorry I missed this week. I love this format and am listening now. About 58 minutes in and still a half hour to go.
The length might be my fault.

Turns out I have a tendency to tangent. Who knew?!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post

First off thought everyone did a great job. Things keeping getting more and more polished. Rev, great job and I love the idea of rotating in posters as guest hosts (while keeping the core intact).

Team... Crap
FO... Crap
Coaching Staff... Crap
CFO... Crap
Owner... Crap

I think we are going overboard here. We got our ass handed to us by the best team in the NFL. That sucks and it shows how far we have to go... But I'm not sure it signifies that everysingle piece of the franchise is crap.

JMO...
...At 1-3 you were expecting glowing reviews?

We discussed how well Von played and how Doom's return benefited him, McGahee's success thus far and Bailey coming back this week etc.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #17
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

How to get to iphone without itunes?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #18
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...At 1-3 you were expecting glowing reviews?

We discussed how well Von played and how Doom's return benefited him, McGahee's success thus far and Bailey coming back this week etc.
No, not looking for "glowing reviews"

Just not sure that everything from the owner to the parking lot attendant is a complete loss.

Like I said... JMO.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #19
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Great show guys, very smooth compared to the earlier editions and great idea having Rev on there.

I would like to make a comment on the Eddie Royal issue, I think it is very much utilization that is limiting him. Royal is pretty fast but lacks the size to stretch the field against tight coverage, his real strength is his quickness and his cuts, he really needs to be running routes where he can use double moves and get the ball in a tight area right after he comes out of his breaks, Cutler could deliver that ball but Orton just isn't the guy to make those throws and we are not running an offense that relies a lot on those medium routes.

Oh a note on the TD to Jennings, that looked like a cover-3 to me with Jennings going down the seam, in that situation there is a weakness in the area behind the linebackers in front of the safeties. It looked to me like a bad defensive call that should have been changed on the field to account for the double wide.

Last edited by gyldenlove; 10-05-2011 at 10:05 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
No, not looking for "glowing reviews"

Just not sure that everything from the owner to the parking lot attendant is a complete loss.

Like I said... JMO.
...Not an exaggeration at all

Do you have some specific points you'd like to raise?

Which parts of the show did you disagree with?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #21
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...Not an exaggeration at all

Do you have some specific points you'd like to raise?

Which parts of the show did you disagree with?
The part where I CAN'T ****ING LISTEN TO IT! Anybody? How do I get it on the iphone without itunes?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #22
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Great show guys, very smooth compared to the earlier editions and great idea having Rev on there.

I would like to make a comment on the Eddie Royal issue, I think it is very much utilization that is limiting him. Royal is pretty fast but lacks the size to stretch the field against tight coverage, his real strength is his quickness and his cuts, he really needs to be running routes where he can use double moves and get the ball in a tight area right after he comes out of his breaks, Cutler could deliver that ball but Orton just isn't the guy to make those throws and we are not running an offense that relies a lot on those medium routes.

Oh a note on the TD to Jennings, that looked like a cover-3 to me with Jennings going down the seam, in that situation there is a weakness in the area behind the linebackers in front of the safeties. It looked to me like a bad defensive call that should have been changed on the field to account for the double wide.
1. Thanks

2. Jennings had 1 TD and it was a 17 yard gain over a loose cover 1 where Dawkins (wtf) is playing on Jennings and well... that's a horrid match up and THAT'S a spot to blow a timeout.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201110...ghts&tab=recap

We didn't discuss that play in the podcast, but great post gylden.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #23
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

Team... Crap
FO... Crap
Coaching Staff... Crap
CFO... Crap
Owner... Crap

JMO...
There was a lot to like, too though. I think everyone did a good job sharing the podium so to speak. Mike talked more than usual and it made for a balanced show. I thought the calls at the end of the show were outstanding, especially the discussions around them. The different view points on things like what position they would upgrade and the draft guessing were really fun to listen to. I like the way the show is shifting away from talking about just the game to more long term opinions on the Broncos and what they should/could do moving forward.

Unfortunately I have to agree the tone was overly negative for my taste. I feel bad for missing this call if only because I am now realizing I am the only optimist in the group. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the show missed me specifically, and obviously we're a bad team and have many holes, but having said that I felt this session was overly negative and could have used a dissenting voice. There were a couple of times it felt like piling on - excessively. Maybe that's where the fans are at, though. It was a brutal loss, but it was to a Super Bowl team still firing on all cylinders in a place we have never won since the Broncos were created in 1960. The comments against Fox made him sound like he's borderline incompetent.

Obviously its indicative of the guests. SoCal hates Bowlen and while he doesn't enjoy seeing the team suffer, he enjoys seeing the Bowlen suffer and could stomach the team being bad if it made Bowlen unhappy. SoCal, Rev and Taco are all big Shanafans who strongly disagreed with the firing. It surprised me that Montrose was bringing Shanahan up quite a bit as well. I did know Montrose's opinion against Orton and for Tebow or anyone not named Orton to start for the Broncos.

I guess there are people who like the negativity, though. And there is certainly plenty of it to go around for this team, and has been for some time. I remember someone on here saying they like Les Shapiro as a radio host and he's pretty negative and they see it as "calling it like it is" so I guess its a taste thing. Apparently not mine.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There was a lot to like, too though. I think everyone did a good job sharing the podium so to speak. Mike talked more than usual and it made for a balanced show. I thought the calls at the end of the show were outstanding, especially the discussions around them. The different view points on things like what position they would upgrade and the draft guessing were really fun to listen to. I like the way the show is shifting away from talking about just the game to more long term opinions on the Broncos and what they should/could do moving forward.

Unfortunately I have to agree the tone was overly negative for my taste. I feel bad for missing this call if only because I am now realizing I am the only optimist in the group. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the show missed me specifically, and obviously we're a bad team and have many holes, but having said that I felt this session was overly negative and could have used a dissenting voice. There were a couple of times it felt like piling on - excessively. Maybe that's where the fans are at, though. It was a brutal loss, but it was to a Super Bowl team still firing on all cylinders in a place we have never won since the Broncos were created in 1960. The comments against Fox made him sound like he's borderline incompetent.

Obviously its indicative of the guests. SoCal hates Bowlen and while he doesn't enjoy seeing the team suffer, he enjoys seeing the Bowlen suffer and could stomach the team being bad if it made Bowlen unhappy. SoCal, Rev and Taco are all big Shanafans who strongly disagreed with the firing. It surprised me that Montrose was bringing Shanahan up quite a bit as well. I did know Montrose's opinion against Orton and for Tebow or anyone not named Orton to start for the Broncos.

I guess there are people who like the negativity, though. And there is certainly plenty of it to go around for this team, and has been for some time. I remember someone on here saying they like Les Shapiro as a radio host and he's pretty negative and they see it as "calling it like it is" so I guess its a taste thing. Apparently not mine.
There were a lot of things I wanted to get to without the opportunity to and some flat out mistakes. When TJ asked about the time management I wanted to specifically mention taking a knee before half, specific use of TOs and him running it when we were down by 32 and playing to save face and not to win. Things like that.

I also wanted to get into the schematics of Allen's defense and while we're finally crushing pockets, how it's also made us so susceptible to misdirection and big plays, etc.

Who knew 1:40 wasnt nearly enough time!

As for your comments, maybe a section of the show dedicated to "brightsides" in order? Especially with mounting losses and building frustration? Maybe some MORE focus on Miller and Doom and McGahee and getting healthy?

What specifics would you have been positive about had you been able to make it last night?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #25
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

What Khan said. It was a good podcast but somewhat depressing in that it seemed there were few glimmers of hope (off the top of my head Decker and Vondoom's teamwork are the only things to be happy about).

I loved the draft predictions. With the exception of his plan to murder five people for Jake Plummer Rev sounded borderline sane (which was hard to believe) and I appreciated his football takes. I must also now credit him with the creation of the verb "to tangent".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: