The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 6 - vs. Cincinnati

Download Episode 6 - Week 2 vs. Cincinnati - - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast
(right click - save as)

Show Notes:

-Eric Decker Rising
-McGahee running / Moreno injured
-Oline performance
-Defense
-QBs
-Week 3 preview

Download Episode 6 - Week 2 vs. Cincinnati - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast

(right click - save as)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
TheDave
Sauced...

Hey TJ/Kahn/SoCal/Montrose...

FWIW... I have enjoyed the hell out of these things. Great job by everyone and a serious thanx for the effort.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Thanks TheDave.

Bump for the morning crew. Show is an hour and a half long this week. Perfect for the commute to and from work... Your workout... Doing chores around the house. All of that kind of stuff. Beats the hell outta politics, amirite?
Old 09-21-2011, 02:39 AM   #4
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

[QUOTE=Taco John;3303406Beats the hell outta politics, amirite?[/QUOTE]

...even Ron Paul?

But seriously, it's nice to hear an actual rational and respectful discussion that doesn't devolve into name calling.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:04 AM   #5
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I really love sports radio, so its nice to hear all Broncos stuff.

D Thomas coming coming back soon talk is getting me excited. IF he stays healthy I really think we got a solid 1-2 punch for the next 5 years
Old 09-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #6
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

28:45

Old 09-21-2011, 03:40 AM   #7
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Yes!!

I'm getting addicted to this.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:02 AM   #8
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Thanks TheDave.

Bump for the morning crew. Show is an hour and a half long this week. Perfect for the commute to and from work... Your workout... Doing chores around the house. All of that kind of stuff. Beats the hell outta politics, amirite?
Thursday's I deskwarm for two hours before doing any actual work... perfect.

Missed the last two shows being on vaction in Japan, looking forward to seeing how the show is doing with some meaningful games to discuss and with you guys likely having settled into doing the show.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #9
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Peyton Hillis kidney stone

Old 09-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Hey TJ/Kahn/SoCal/Montrose...

FWIW... I have enjoyed the hell out of these things. Great job by everyone and a serious thanx for the effort.
+1
Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #11
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

you guys were spot on about DJ and the current LB's...sure we want to see DJ produce more, but he's light years better than Mays and Woodyard. Honestly, I don't know how we can afford to keep Mays at MLB in pass coverage.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Good stuff guys, best episode yet.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #13
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Good stuff guys, best episode yet.
Wow thanks. I am really surprised you guys like it. I am looking for constructive criticism. What do you like specifically? What could be improved? Are there segments you wish we did? Is there a preferred length? What would you like to see more of? Would you like if we involved the board more? I had this idea that instead of reading texts and emails like a radio show, we could read some posts on a subject. That would incorporate the rest of the board more. Thoughts?
Old 09-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Wow thanks. I am really surprised you guys like it. I am looking for constructive criticism. What do you like specifically? What could be improved? Are there segments you wish we did? Is there a preferred length? What would you like to see more of? Would you like if we involved the board more? I had this idea that instead of reading texts and emails like a radio show, we could read some posts on a subject. That would incorporate the rest of the board more. Thoughts?
I would say 1 hour is very fitting - if it goes too long I tend to tune out.

I would say that dedicating about 1/3 of the time to the most recent game (during season) should be enough to cover the good and the bad - specifically I think it would be really nice if you could talk about a few players who did well and a few players who didn't live up to expectations. Also pulling out key plays (maybe not the obvious ones like TDs) but plays where a TD opportunity is blown or a big block or a mistake turns a mondane situation into something else.

About 1/3 could go to general roster discussion, including injuries, suspensions (god forbid) and signings - there will be a few every week. Also generally talking about where the roster is strong and weak as the season progresses we should get a good indication of which areas need addressing and which areas may be okay as they are.

I like the round-table type format you have and that you tend to keep on point when debating a topic. You don't tend to fall into rants and digress too much which is nice.

As for including the board, you could select a couple of messages or threads from the week the way you talked about MUGs post and give some thoughts on that. Some times interesting posts come up but then get forgotten a few days later or the thread gets derailed.

One segment I would like to see would be a quick fire type segment where you each give 3 headline type thoughts about the next game - like keys to the game or players to watch or strategies you think will be important.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #15
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Everybody agrees with each other you guys need a Raiders or KC fan on the show it will be better
Old 09-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #16
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

we don't need other fans to tell us about the Broncos
Old 09-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

FYI, the mays/hillis comparison almost made my eyes roll out of my head.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #18
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
we don't need other fans to tell us about the Broncos
Yea you do twice a year
Old 09-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #19
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
I like the fact that for the most part everything seems unscripted. It's a bunch of relatively knowledgeable fans having a good time analyzing broncos football...

Really... whats not to like.

Having said that, I bet the bold would make for a great segment.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
I just started listening to this weeks podcast., I love Taco's intro made it sound a lot more professional.

Still needs a DeathSICLE intro/outro.

I like the idea of talking about threads or posts from the board, this is a Bronco's Podcast but it is based on the board so referencing a couple threads, maybe like the Ayers one would be interesting to try.

BTW If you guys run short on time and need some filler you could always read from "Failure is not an option"!

I really love these! Glad Taco was able to get it done and I appreciate everyone's participation, it seems like a big time commitment.

Great job guys.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #21
Powderaddict

Loved it. Especially the line about Orton taking sacks instead of throwing the ball downfield

Good job. I agree that reading posts could make it feel more like a community podcast. Maybe a quick segment with best post of the week, worst post of the week, and funniest post of the week.

Not at the expense of other content, but it could be fun.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Loved it. Especially the line about Orton taking sacks instead of throwing the ball downfield

Good job. I agree that reading posts could make it feel more like a community podcast. Maybe a quick segment with best post of the week, worst post of the week, and funniest post of the week.

Not at the expense of other content, but it could be fun.
I liked the Shout out section at the end where Kahn gave one to Agamemnon calling punisher the worst poster on the board. 2nd worst poster calling the worst poster bad, it was very accurate.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
You know what would be cool. Have Taco put in a media request to see if you guys could Aaron Rodgers on for a few minutes. I say him because the game vs GB is coming up and out of all the players in the NFL I bet he would do it because of his awesome 'stache.

If he falls through get Gene on!

edit: on second thought it would be cooler to just go with Gene.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #24
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Having segments and features will make it more colorful. Post of the week. Failed-post of the week. Odd fact.

I'd like to see more concrete predictions for the following game, everyone agreeing on 7-10 spread doesn't make for interesting listening. Let's see some concrete predictions (that are perhaps nailed down before broadcast).

I'd also like to see a "what we look for" segment when analyzing more impenetrable parts of the game (like blocking, gap containment, correct route running). We all want to get smarter so teach us how.

As always, I learn a crap load, and appreciate the effort. Here's to your ego boasts.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #25
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Download Episode 6 - Week 2 vs. Cincinnati - - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast
(right click - save as)

Show Notes:

-Eric Decker Rising
-McGahee running / Moreno injured
-Oline performance
-Defense
-QBs
-Week 3 preview

Download Episode 6 - Week 2 vs. Cincinnati - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast

(right click - save as)
Awesome job guys. Are the previous Podcasts going to be made available in the long run? Thanks a million for taking the time. It's especially nice to put some voices with names. I like the ideas about incorporating more of the forum details into the show. There's way too much solid banter and BSin' to not relive some of that comedy and solid conversation. In detail, I would like to hear your thoughts on Tuten and our problems as a team with seemingly avoidable hamstring and groin type injuries, year after year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: