The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #26
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,561

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

I believe in Elway's capacity as a business manager. I think the key principles of management can be applied universally for success. Everything he's doing here (knowing what you don't know, getting advice from others, trusting in the skill of your people, making informed decisions) is textbook good management.

I don't love his handling of "the Tebow thing" but I think he has the Broncos' best interests in mind. I'm not sure how I would handle it myself.

If you can go from running a business to being a president and be successful you can sure as heck get a sports team back on track.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #27
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,057

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default

bump for all the raiders fans
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #28
Yoda
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

All sounds peachy. If I were a Bronco fan, I would feel warm and fuzzy all over too. Except you forget that once proud franchise is coming in to Mile High. A team and a fan base hungry to see it's team laugh again after it has conquered and won. This team is close and on the verge of once again playing tough, intimidating, and in your face football. The kind of success and intimidation that I know many of you old timers dread would ever come back and you new ones not used to it will soon experience. These are two proud franchises with storied battles, about to clash again. Just win baby!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:59 AM   #29
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 20,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
All sounds peachy. If I were a Bronco fan, I would feel warm and fuzzy all over too. Except you forget that once proud franchise is coming in to Mile High. A team and a fan base hungry to see it's team laugh again after it has conquered and won. This team is close and on the verge of once again playing tough, intimidating, and in your face football. The kind of success and intimidation that I know many of you old timers dread would ever come back and you new ones not used to it will soon experience. These are two proud franchises with storied battles, about to clash again. Just win baby!

Get it all out now, 'cause after tonight, you and your ilk (raiderfan) will once again crawl back into the cesspool where you belong.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:12 AM   #30
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
All sounds peachy. If I were a Bronco fan, I would feel warm and fuzzy all over too. Except you forget that once proud franchise is coming in to Mile High. A team and a fan base hungry to see it's team laugh again after it has conquered and won. This team is close and on the verge of once again playing tough, intimidating, and in your face football. The kind of success and intimidation that I know many of you old timers dread would ever come back and you new ones not used to it will soon experience. These are two proud franchises with storied battles, about to clash again. Just win baby!
4-12 was the low point... in the history of the franchise... for the Broncos. To put that in perspective, the Raiders have been 4-12 three times since 2002... and that's not even mentioning your 2-14 2006 season. Yeah, your team's improved... what team wouldn't be when you've had top-10 draft picks for 8 consecutive seasons? You can't get JaMarcus Russell every time; you gotta find a few good players when you spend nearly a whole decade picking first.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #31
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
4-12 was the low point... in the history of the franchise... for the Broncos. To put that in perspective, the Raiders have been 4-12 three times since 2002... and that's not even mentioning your 2-14 2006 season. Yeah, your team's improved... what team wouldn't be when you've had top-10 draft picks for 8 consecutive seasons? You can't get JaMarcus Russell every time; you gotta find a few good players when you spend nearly a whole decade picking first.
Exactly. For all the wasted picks on guys like Darius Hayward-Bey, Robert Gallery and Jamarcus Russell, who is probably the biggest bust in NFL history, they are bound to fail themselves into something eventually just playing the numbers. Even the Lions under Millen drafted Megatron.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:32 AM   #32
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Exactly. For all the wasted picks on guys like Darius Hayward-Bey, Robert Gallery and Jamarcus Russell, who is probably the biggest bust in NFL history, they are bound to fail themselves into something eventually just playing the numbers. Even the Lions under Millen drafted Megatron.
At the cost of 8 years' worth of 5 or fewer wins.... who can blame them for feeling euphoric over finally making it back to 8-8?
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #33
Yoda
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Euphoric, no. Optimistic yes. I have been watching football for TOO long to feel euphoric after 8-8 season. I also know that tonight's game will be close and competitive. Last year, the Raisers learned how to stay in close games and win them. They won't "fade" has many of you like to call them.

Last edited by Yoda; 09-12-2011 at 07:06 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #34
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Who do you think he targets for the next HC? And if it's Harbaugh, can he land him?
What makes you think that were going to need a new head coach....and what makes harbaugh so ******* great?

He's not won anything in this league..... john fox has
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #35
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I hope we get to see Tebow play QB. I want to enjoy Bronco football again and Tebow will bring that.

Although he is worthy of starting somewhere Kyle Orton is not the guy i want to watch even if he would bring 2 or 3 more wins this season.
2 or 3 more wins to a team that could be an 8-8 team ....could mean the playoffs.

Hell, even an 8-8 team can make the playoffs in some seasons
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #36
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
What makes you think that were going to need a new head coach....and what makes harbaugh so ******* great?

He's not won anything in this league..... john fox has
Oh look, errand is being an idiot again... Go figure!
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #37
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
I really have no idea why Harbaugh would want to go to Michigan. I know its where he went and all that

But as of right now he has it pretty good at Stanford and moving over to Michigan is setting himself up to fail
Umm...... harbaugh is the head coach of the san francisco 49ers now.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #38
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Oh look, errand is being an idiot again... Go figure!
Sure....then please list all of jim harbaugh's accomplishment as an nfl head coach...
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #39
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Sure....then please list all of jim harbaugh's accomplishment as an nfl head coach...
Or reapize that you are responding to posts from January...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #40
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Or reapize that you are responding to posts from January...
Doesn't matter...... why would anyone want a guy from the college ranks when they basically a proven to never really win in the nfl.

Spurrier, holtz, saban..... it's a whole different game in the nfl......success in college does not necessarily translate to success in the nfl...... being a tebow fan I think you would know that by now
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #41
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,057

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default

bumped, time to remember where we came from. Thank you Mr. Elway, we have our Broncos back, Denver is rocking, can't wait to go to 2 great playoff games!
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #42
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,791
Default

Another classic prediction by BYIM. We really need Bob back for the playoffs.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #43
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Taste it just makes you hungry®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,169

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

HOF Post
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #44
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
This whole Elway thing has me very worried. I'm hoping for the best, but man do I have a bad feeling.
Oops.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #45
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
bumped, time to remember where we came from. Thank you Mr. Elway, we have our Broncos back, Denver is rocking, can't wait to go to 2 great playoff games!
I must say that a poster like Wolf was laughed at when he kept telling everyone how Shanny needed to be canned. He stuck to it when 99% disagreed with him. He nailed it just like Elway. Of course many were on the Elway bandwagon but I must say, Wolf seems to be more right then wrong regardless of the public opinion. Elway knows how to play football on both sides of the ball. Ozzie Newsome isn't the only one that can say that. Uniform or coat and tie, Elway has taken that Stanford smarts and turned it to our benefit.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #46
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Oops.
Aga isnt very good at this opinion thing.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #47
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso
 
Rocket 7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 4,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
It's not over.

Your next head coach will dump all of McDaniels' trash and install his own system.

That means two more years of PAIN.
So in two years since this post Denver has home field advantage and KC the first pick in the draft.
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #48
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,432

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
This is and always will be a proud franchise.

Elway is one of the knights of the round table, he walks among the hallowed halls of dove valley and mile high.........he knows the ghosts of all the greats because he is one of them, he has felt our passion, he knows how much we love our Broncos........he knows what matters in this cowtown. The Ring of Fame beckons at our past greatness, Atwater, Floyd Little, Dennis Smith, Karl Mecklenburg, Randy Gradishar, and so many more, the blood and guts that it takes to get back on top............

The 2010 season will be talked about in great morose for many generations. The raiders 59-14 at home no less, first 12 loss season ever? This franchise lost itself, lost its pride and identity...

Its coming back..........and it starts with #7, we need him now just like we needed him when we were trailing in the 4th in late december. He isn't going to make the draft picks, he isn't going to scout the players. He will find the right people to do that. What he is going to do is remind each and every person who comes into the organization about what exactly it means to be a DENVER BRONCO. There will be standards and accountability....

When #7 comes back home, and helps this tired horse get up again and start its run back to glory, then we can all come together again as one. Bronco Country has been divided, but soon it will all start to Heal, brick by brick, one day, one move at a time................

Sometime soon it will hit us, maybe the 4th quarter of a divisional game, when our team is playing smart, tough, passionate ball, the stadium rocking as 77,000 wrap their arms around our opponents necks and watch their will fade as they realize the DENVER BRONCOS are back...........

Stand together BRONCO Nation, good things are coming...The future is bright in the Rockies..........
Epic!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #49
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,779

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I must say that a poster like Wolf was laughed at when he kept telling everyone how Shanny needed to be canned. He stuck to it when 99% disagreed with him. He nailed it just like Elway. Of course many were on the Elway bandwagon but I must say, Wolf seems to be more right then wrong regardless of the public opinion. Elway knows how to play football on both sides of the ball. Ozzie Newsome isn't the only one that can say that. Uniform or coat and tie, Elway has taken that Stanford smarts and turned it to our benefit.
You are correct. I used to bash him for his Shanny venom. While I still wouldn't go as far as what his opinion was, I think he had a slew of valid reasons why he didn't like Shanny. He is definitely pretty good with his takes though.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #50
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,779

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Epic!
It's the only thing he was wrong about, and I bet he would say so.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Denver Broncos