The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 4

Download Episode 4 - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast
(right click - save as)

Show Notes:

-Orton's ups and downs
-Eddie Royal on the rise
-Offensive line concerns
-Tight ends showing promise
-VON DOOM!
-Von Miller gets a possible nickname
-Joe Mays hits people hard
-Seattle's passing offense is terrible
-Denver's special teams is terrible
-What to look for in Preseason game 4
-Our quarterback situation looking over the next 8 months

Download Episode 4 - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast

(right click - save as)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Man, this thing is down already? I can not get to it TJ.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:32 AM   #3
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Yeah Taco its not downloading.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Just click straight on the link without right click and all that jazz.
click on the link above and it'll take you there.
BTW, kaylore sounded a lot better this time.
He's got my seal of approval.
Good job, khan, da' man!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Just click straight on the link without right click and all that jazz.
click on the link above and it'll take you there.
BTW, kaylore sounded a lot better this time.
He's got my seal of approval.
Good job, khan, da' man!
Thanks Strafen. That worked well.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
Powderaddict

Great episode. I really enjoy listening to these.

One question, can you expound on the reason why you donít think Orton will want to sign here? You said you didnít want to get into it on the podcast Ė Iíd really like to hear the details. Is it how he is treated in the community?

And I agree on the QB position Ė I really donít think EFX are comfortable going all-in with Tebow, which I feel is necessary if you want him as your starting franchise QB. You canít mold him into what you want, you would really need to design the offense around him. I donít get the impression that this front office is willing to commit to that. While I like Tebow and am a fan, I can understand the hesitation.

I want a two headed beast monster picture with one head being Von Miller and the other Elvis Dumervil That would be sweet!

Again great job, please keep these going. It really makes my commute enjoyable, and the more Broncos podcasts the better!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:39 AM   #7
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The dude us getting booed and harassed by the fans. There are stories of him being razzed in public. This is a guy who was traded, didn't ask to come here, but the day he was traded drove his car down to Denver and was working with the offense the next day. He's been nothing but professional and people boo him when he makes any mistake and cheer like made when Tebow makes a pedestrian completion. They are chanting his name literally in Miami during practices. Why would he want to re-sign here? Denver fans are very passionate but they can be complete douche bag tards. Fans who hate McDaniels see Orton as a connection to that mistake and unfairly vilify him. I think Orton deserves to go somewhere he isn't hated for things outside his control.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The dude us getting booed and harassed by the fans. There are stories of him being razzed in public. This is a guy who was traded, didn't ask to come here, but the day he was traded drove his car down to Denver and was working with the offense the next day. He's been nothing but professional and people boo him when he makes any mistake and cheer like made when Tebow makes a pedestrian completion. They are chanting his name literally in Miami during practices. Why would he want to re-sign here? Denver fans are very passionate but they can be complete douche bag tards. Fans who hate McDaniels see Orton as a connection to that mistake and unfairly vilify him. I think Orton deserves to go somewhere he isn't hated for things outside his control.
Funny thing is, Tebow is a McD product.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
Powderaddict

Quote:
I personally donít want Orton as the starting QB of the Denver Broncos, but I agree that he has been treated completely unfairly.

I donít understand booing players on your team. Iíve always felt that as fans we should be doing all we can to contribute to the success of the team. Booing demotivates, demoralizes and in no way helps the team succeed. I can understand why he would want to go somewhere else.

That said, he hasnít really gone out of his way to endear himself to the fans. He looked disinterested and depressed much of last season. Again, I can understand why, but if he wants to have the fans on his side he needs to do what he can to win them over. Is it fair? Probably not. Is it the reality of playing QB in the NFL? Absolutely. Comments like ďwinning over the fans is my last priorityĒ doesnít help. Moping on the sidelines and refusing to help the very popular rookie QB in his starts doesnít help. Being short and annoyed with the local media doesnít help. Losing multiple games when given the opportunity to win in the 4th quarter REALLY doesnít help.

Has he been treated fairly by the fans? ABSOLUTELY not. Has he done his part to win the fanbase over? In my opinion, he hasnít. Thereís going to be a certain amount of people that wonít accept him no matter what. But there are fans that could be won over Ė if he put effort into doing so. It may not be fair, but itís the reality of playing QB in the NFL Ė particularly in the shadow of John Elway.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Hard to win the fans over except by winning and its hard to win with the #32 ranked defense, #32 ranked scoring defense and #31 ranked rushing defense. All out of Orton's control.

Add in no run game, a battered offensive line last year and I'm personally pretty positive that even with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady we only win maybe one, two more games last year.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #11
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Oh, and technically, if you are going to fault Orton for the record last year which is what some people do, you should be thanking him tremendously for what he has done. Our record last year led to Von Miller.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
Powderaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Hard to win the fans over except by winning and its hard to win with the #32 ranked defense, #32 ranked scoring defense and #31 ranked rushing defense. All out of Orton's control.

Add in no run game, a battered offensive line last year and I'm personally pretty positive that even with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady we only win maybe one, two more games last year.
I don't think we would ever see Manning or Brady moping out looking like Eeyore with a cloud following them like we did with Orton last year. I'm fairly confident we would see those guys with a fire each game, regardless of the record or dischord surrounding the team.

You can be heroic even in defeat. That is something KO wasn't. He was part of the problem.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
I don't think we would ever see Manning or Brady moping out looking like Eeyore with a cloud following them like we did with Orton last year. I'm fairly confident we would see those guys with a fire each game, regardless of the record or dischord surrounding the team.

You can be heroic even in defeat. That is something KO wasn't. He was part of the problem.
Orton has big holes in his game, but it isn't for lack of trying. Even if he isn't good enough, that doesn't warrant booing your own QB. He's never quit on us.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #14
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Great episode. I really enjoy listening to these.

One question, can you expound on the reason why you donít think Orton will want to sign here? You said you didnít want to get into it on the podcast Ė Iíd really like to hear the details. Is it how he is treated in the community?
Kahn covered it well, he's never been "the guy" here and I think it's something he badly wants. He wants that recognition and identification as a team's franchise QB. In Miami or Buffalo, he'll be the savior - beloved by the fanbase and his teammates - not to mention compensated with a long-term deal that financially solidifies him as top-15 QB. He's not going to have to get snippy about "not caring what the fans think," or "thank god the fans dont make the decisions." He and is wife aren't going to get snippy comments at King Soopers and see #15 jerseys everywhere he turns.

He's a dad now - more money, stability, a supportive community and a team dying for a QB of his ability instead of looking to replace him for something better - it'd be an easy decision for just about anybody.

Quote:
Fans who hate McDaniels see Orton as a connection to that mistake and unfairly vilify him.
Exactly, I think to a lot of fans Orton IS McD. Orton IS 4-12. Orton IS "Not having Cutler, not having Hillis, etc." Not fair, but understandable.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
Powderaddict

Quote:
Oh, and technically, if you are going to fault Orton for the record last year which is what some people do, you should be thanking him tremendously for what he has done. Our record last year led to Von Miller.
Please point out where I faulted KO for our record.

He wasn't THE problem. He wasn't the biggest problem by far, IMO poor coaching and player management was the biggest problem.

He was PART of the problem. And that's not going to win many fans over, particularly when he seems actively disinterested in doing so.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:36 AM   #16
Powderaddict

Quote:
Orton has big holes in his game, but it isn't for lack of trying. Even if he isn't good enough, that doesn't warrant booing your own QB.
Agreed. 100%.

Quote:
He's never quit on us.
I disagree here, I honestly believe that he quit against the raiders, against the cheifs (2nd game), and against SF when the TD was called back on a BS penalty.

The whole team seemed emotionally weak last year, and he could have been a source of strength, but from what I saw he wasn't.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Disagree he quit. Sucking and quitting are not the same thing.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #18
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
And in all fairness, playing with (what I believe was) the #30th ranked offense in terms of both 3rd down conversion % and time of possession didn't help the defense either. I agree there were elements out of Orton's control that led to losses but he does deserve some blame considering the offense only averaged around 18ppg when Kyle was playing and he had the ball in five losses with a chance to win or tie on the final drive (Jax, NYJ, SF, StL, @KC).

Not all his fault, but he deserves some responsiblity. He's a QB in a QB-driven league. Just trying to be fair.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #19
Powderaddict

Quote:
Disagree he quit. Sucking and quitting are not the same thing.
That could be. Same net result though.

Reading body language can be misleading and is very objective. I could be very wrong in how I read him, but that's how he came across, to me.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
That could be. Same net result though.

Reading body language can be misleading and is very objective. I could be very wrong in how I read him, but that's how he came across, to me.
I read it as "this sucks that we suck."
Old 08-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
Powderaddict

Quote:
I read it as "this sucks that we suck."
That very well could be true.

But, back to my point that he hasn't done things to endear himself to the fans, he had no fire, no fight, that fans could identify with when we sucked.

I believe that is one reason why so many flock to Tebow. He does so much to endear fans - his fire, fight, and never say die attitude. Orton doesn't need to match that or come close. But, he didn't portray ANY of that when the going got rough.

He's treated very unfairly by the fanbase. But he hasn't exactly done himself any favors either.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #22
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Downloaded okay here. Only 15 minutes in, but I wanted to mention, fwiw, sound quality is excellent, incl. TJ offsite. As always, content is great too.

But clocking it at 1-hour-23, I'll have to finish it tomorrow on my mp3 player. I was planning on listening to George Michael, but I suppose this is more important.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #23
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

Thats not my point.

My point is winning games wins the fans over and the TEAM we had last year regardless of who was under center, was not going to win. There were too many flaws on the TEAM.

And yes, Orton could have done things differently sure, but here's the kicker, that wouldnt have mattered. Plummer went out every single game and battled his ass off and the same douches on this site that want Teblow to play wanted to get rid of Plummer for Cutler. PLummer was WINNING (7-4 when benched) too.

Look, Orton is never going to win people over on the orange mane. FUnny thing is, the Bronco fans I know outside of this clique infested ****hole like Orton and think that he can do well. Its just the douches here.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:26 PM   #24
Powderaddict

Quote:
Thats not my point.

My point is winning games wins the fans over and the TEAM we had last year regardless of who was under center, was not going to win. There were too many flaws on the TEAM.

And yes, Orton could have done things differently sure, but here's the kicker, that wouldnt have mattered. Plummer went out every single game and battled his ass off and the same douches on this site that want Teblow to play wanted to get rid of Plummer for Cutler. PLummer was WINNING (7-4 when benched) too.

Look, Orton is never going to win people over on the orange mane. FUnny thing is, the Bronco fans I know outside of this clique infested ****hole like Orton and think that he can do well. Its just the douches here.
I for one welcomed Orton and defended him fervently up until 59-14. How he presented himself DID matter. To me, and many of my friends as well. He could have done much mire to win many people over. Yes there will be a segment that won't accept him no matter what. But you have people like myself that welcomed and accepted him, bit were turned off by his performance and visible attitude on the field.

And I don't know a single person outside of the internet that wants Orton as Denver's long term QB.

Not one.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:12 PM   #25
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
I don't know, I think Timbo is mCd's mistake, we could have used those picks on D but instead mCd traded up to grab Timbo.

I always saw Orton as a guy who is a stop gap. His best year was with a duh bear team that was winning games with the D outscoring his O. When mCd was on his one win streak we were winning close games with good D play.

From day 1 I said Orton had a nice touch on his deep ball but that he couldn't elevate the team maybe with a better OL and Von Doom on the D side we can get Orton a couple more possessions a game and maybe he can get us to his 1st playoff game.

No one was more critical of mCd's short comings than I but I harbor no hate for Orton, I just want him to show me that he is a playoff caliber QB just like I want to see KM prove he can put games away on the ground.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: