The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #76
Sir_Robin
Veteran Armor Soiler

Bravely taking to his feet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I didn't hear a significant amount of "uhs...." Taco.
EDIT: exclamation added.
There were twelve in the first 30 seconds. They are not the most noticeable of "uhs" but they are there. I'm a little sensitive to "uhs" and "likes" that proliferate modern spoken language however. I suspect most of these would disappear if Taco were to consciously try and slow his speech down just a tad.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #77
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7 View Post
...so Iím just curious what does everyone do while listening to the podcast? Although I was on a flight with nothing else to do, I still felt distracted at times and that I missed out on little tidbits here and there. How about you?

Go Broncos!

DEATHSicle practiced DEATHSicles guitar.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #78
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Voice modulation/levels were very good. The lack of echo and the ability to talk over each other sounded like the 3 of you were all in a small studio at the same time.

Over all very well done and good content. Kudos to Montrose, no doubt he has been around this sort of venue before, his experience if obvious.

I am on the fence about next weeks "Guest" Just way too much volatility towards ownership and management... hearing him -vs- reading him would either clear alot up or comfirm suspicions.

Again, good job guys.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #79
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

"Suspicions".....lol....this board is hilarious. It's filled with homers, but entertaining nonetheless.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #80
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Mike,

Has zero to do with being a homer versus a poster going for the jugular of the team owner every single chance he gets. Lets be real, you have been all over Bowlen since the second Shanny was fired... and got worse with every failure of Josh McDaniels. Newflash, McDaniels is gone and Shanny is never coming back to the Broncos.

Now you have become the self proclaimed expert on Bowlen's financial shortfalls / spending... Or lack of it. Like I said, listening to a person talk is the opposite of ones self interpretation reading someone writings.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #81
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

SoCal has obviously some personal feelings toward management, and they are mostly toward him getting rid of his favorite coach and players. However he can remain objective, still has solid takes (when he's not ranting against Bowlen) and still roots for the Broncos to win. I ask you all to give him a shot. I think he hasn't realized that most of his posts have been hating on organization, but I can assure you he still sees the football stuff too.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #82
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
SoCal has obviously some personal feelings toward management, and they are mostly toward him getting rid of his favorite coach and players. However he can remain objective, still has solid takes (when he's not ranting against Bowlen) and still roots for the Broncos to win. I ask you all to give him a shot. I think he hasn't realized that most of his posts have been hating on organization, but I can assure you he still sees the football stuff too.
Actually my most solid takes relate to Bowlen and yes I fully realize that I've been hating on ownership/management alot (I dont like the word "organization" because that implies the Broncos and Bowlen and the FO do not comprise the "Broncos") but that's because I think they absolutely and thoroughly deserve it. When the old man decides to stop acting like a supreme douche, I'll be more than happy to give him a break.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 08-14-2011 at 09:53 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #83
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
When the old man decides to stop acting like a supreme douche, I'll be more than happy to give him a break.
What would constitute "stop acting like a supreme douche" exactly? Your comment suggests he is currently still doing this and there is some behavior he could stop right now that would reverse this trend.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #84
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
What would constitute "stop acting like a supreme douche" exactly? Your comment suggests he is currently still doing this and there is some behavior he could stop right now that would reverse this trend.
Khan...a few weeks ago you finally agreed that he's basically a miser now, right? That's one place to start. Making sure people like Joe Ellis are no longer employed is another place. Bringing in a real, proven GM is another place. There are many areas where the level of douchery could be reduced to less than toxic levels.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #85
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

The OM organization is currently in negotiations with my agent for a 3 episode stint on this podcast. I can't at this time speak publicly about any of the details of this negotiation but we will keep everyone updated as information becomes available.

Last edited by ZachKC; 08-14-2011 at 10:34 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #86
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Tell your agent that a "summer's worth" of Summers Eve is out of the question.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #87
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Old 08-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #88
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Taco's lowballing Zach...lol.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #89
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Tell your agent that a "summer's worth" of Summers Eve is out of the question.
Oh snap!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #90
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Just as many expected, labor negotiations between the Orange Mane and the ZachKC are heading down to the wire - and possibly beyond.

In the first real indication of what's been going, the federal mediator overseeing talks said Thursday the two sides made "some progress" during more than 40 hours spread over seven consecutive days of face-to-face meetings, but "very strong differences remain."

The OM and Zach will resume mediation Tuesday, less than 72 hours before the old collective bargaining agreement is set to expire. If there's no new deal in place by the end of next Thursday, Zach thinks the Orange Mane will move to lock out podcasters, threatening the 2011 podcast season. The Orange Mane has said the deadline could be extended.

George Cohen, director of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, released a statement shortly before noon Thursday, his first public comments since he began working with Owner Taco John, ZachKC and their negotiating teams last week.

"At bottom, some progress was made," he said, "but very strong differences remain ..."

Cohen did not name those issues, but the biggest sticking point has been how to divide about $9 billion in annual revenues. Among the other significant topics: a rookie podcaster wage scale; Taco John's push to expand podcast season to 18 episodes; and retired podcaster benefits.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #91
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Just as many expected, labor negotiations between the Orange Mane and the ZachKC are heading down to the wire - and possibly beyond.

In the first real indication of what's been going, the federal mediator overseeing talks said Thursday the two sides made "some progress" during more than 40 hours spread over seven consecutive days of face-to-face meetings, but "very strong differences remain."

The OM and Zach will resume mediation Tuesday, less than 72 hours before the old collective bargaining agreement is set to expire. If there's no new deal in place by the end of next Thursday, Zach thinks the Orange Mane will move to lock out podcasters, threatening the 2011 podcast season. The Orange Mane has said the deadline could be extended.

George Cohen, director of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, released a statement shortly before noon Thursday, his first public comments since he began working with Owner Taco John, ZachKC and their negotiating teams last week.

"At bottom, some progress was made," he said, "but very strong differences remain ..."

Cohen did not name those issues, but the biggest sticking point has been how to divide about $9 billion in annual revenues. Among the other significant topics: a rookie podcaster wage scale; Taco John's push to expand podcast season to 18 episodes; and retired podcaster benefits.
You could always hire Carl Peterson to write the OM a letter proposing that they extend the current 3 man format into a 4 man format in order for a KFC fan to make it into the playoffs, by playoffs I mean podcast.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #92
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Nice link... but... is there any way we can get this up on itunes?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: