The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #2751
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
It's strange how you are so fond of quoting coaches to support your argument in this debate, but when debating Tebow-Orton you dismiss the notion that John Fox (a long-tenured, successful, well-respected head coach) might know better than you which QB gives the team the best chance to win.
That is because you haven't been reading my posts. You are also saying that Fox knows as much about QBs as the proven offensive guys that I named. You have to ignore his entire history to make that claim...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #2752
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...icho-cotchery/

Steelers add Jerricho Cotchery
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #2753
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
That is because you haven't been reading my posts. You are also saying that Fox knows as much about QBs as the proven offensive guys that I named. You have to ignore his entire history to make that claim...
What about Elway, who was himself a QB (perhaps the greatest of all-time)? Do you dismiss him as an authority on the position as well?

By the way, I'm in the "play Tebow now" camp, so I've got no issue there. Just wondering why you will use a "plea to authority" in one debate, but dismiss it in another.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #2754
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Feels like one of those "meh" signings that will just work out for Pittsburgh...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #2755
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
What about Elway, who was himself a QB (perhaps the greatest of all-time)? Do you dismiss him as an authority on the position as well?

By the way, I'm in the "play Tebow now" camp, so I've got no issue there. Just wondering why you will use a "plea to authority" in one debate, but dismiss it in another.
Insert Kanye Meme here
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #2756
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Feels like one of those "meh" signings that will just work out for Pittsburgh...
Bastards.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #2757
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I don't dismiss it. Again, it is obvious that you don't know my position. That is fine, I wouldn't expect you to read everything I post. Just don't pretend you do. I have said multiple times that I have no problem with the way they are handling the QB situation. I argue that Tebow should start because that is my opinion. Elway has said good things about Tebow and even had Orton on the trade block. It isn't like he has said Tebow sucks. Even if he did, he isn't at all proven in knowing other QBs... You see, you can say something and it will not be used as proof. I only use coaches opinions that have proven that they do their job well. You seem to be missing that point.

Anyways, no one on this staff has come out saying Orton is great. You are comparing those quotes vs who should start in the battle of the retards.

Last edited by jhns; 08-11-2011 at 11:24 AM..
Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #2758
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
yeah, no doubt

god damn it
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #2759
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
yeah, no doubt

god damn it
Of course he'd blow in a Denver uni lol
Old 08-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #2760
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
To be honest great athletes usually don't do as well
as just an average guy because game came easy to them and they struggle to relate to players that aren't as skilled. Hope John doesn't fall into this trap.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #2761
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Hope Marshall has gotten or is getting the help he needs...

Brandon Marshall’s role in the public eye intensified when he was stabbed by his wife in the offseason (he denied that it happened) and, later, when he admitted that he suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder.

And while there was very little question that Marshall had been stabbed by somebody (it was only allegedly caused by his wife), Marshall made the excuse that his cuts had been caused when he slipped on a vase.

But now the South Florida Times has the intricate details of what police found when they were called to the Marshall household in April.

Police found a “large pool of blood” in the foyer of the house before discovering other blood trails throughout the residence. Marshall had been slashed on his wrists and his abdomen, while his wife, Michi-Nogami Marshall, had a bruise on her left check. And, maybe most disturbing, police found a 13-inch bloody knife next to a bloody magazine clip from a gun.

It is a rather unsettling scene -- that surely wasn’t the result of a broken vase -- but hopefully, activities like this are in the past for Marshall and his wife.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbsspor...75988/31260910
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #2762
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post

Brandon Marshall’s role in the public eye intensified when he was stabbed by his wife in the offseason (he denied that it happened) and, later, when he admitted that he suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder.

And while there was very little question that Marshall had been stabbed by somebody (it was only allegedly caused by his wife), Marshall made the excuse that his cuts had been caused when he slipped on a vase.

But now the South Florida Times has the intricate details of what police found when they were called to the Marshall household in April.

Police found a “large pool of blood” in the foyer of the house before discovering other blood trails throughout the residence. Marshall had been slashed on his wrists and his abdomen, while his wife, Michi-Nogami Marshall, had a bruise on her left check. And, maybe most disturbing, police found a 13-inch bloody knife next to a bloody magazine clip from a gun.

It is a rather unsettling scene -- that surely wasn’t the result of a broken vase -- but hopefully, activities like this are in the past for Marshall and his wife.

If he ends up getting himself killed, I'll laugh out loud and feel not an ounce of remorse for it.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #2763
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
If he ends up getting himself killed, I'll laugh out loud and feel not an ounce of remorse for it.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #2764
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

The Buffalo Bills have traded receiver Lee Evans to the Baltimore Ravens, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Friday.

The Bills will get a fourth-round pick in the 2012 draft from Baltimore.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #2765
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
The Buffalo Bills have traded receiver Lee Evans to the Baltimore Ravens, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Friday.

The Bills will get a fourth-round pick in the 2012 draft from Baltimore.
Damn.

Remember when Lee Evans looked special?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #2766
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

god dammit, this is a tebow v. orton thread. No hijacking! God frowns on that.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #2767
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post

That's a little harsh, dontcha think? He's a sick person who's finally trying to get help. If your friend was struggling with a mental illness and he got killed because it caused him to be violent, irrational, etc, would you laugh? I hope not.

Just because he's a rich football player, doesn't make him any less of a person. Right?
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #2768
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
That's a little harsh, dontcha think? He's a sick person who's finally trying to get help. If your friend was struggling with a mental illness and he got killed because it caused him to be violent, irrational, etc, would you laugh? I hope not.

Just because he's a rich football player, doesn't make him any less of a person. Right?
If I had a "friend" that was violent and hit women I may shoot him myself.
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #2769
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco610 View Post
If I had a "friend" that was violent and hit women I may shoot him myself.
Hit women?

You girls are extreme drama queens. Marshall hasn't been in trouble for hitting women. His wife stabbed him in that story...

You want to know who has been in trouble for hitting women? Rod Smith.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #2770
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Damn.

Lelie > Evans
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #2771
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Damn.

The last time the Bills had a 3000 yard passer in 06.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #2772
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Anyone else watch the Skins/Steeler's game? Shanny looks like he's got Grossman dialed in...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #2773
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Quote:

I still remember all the QQ over McD shipping out Marshall. It's a sad sight to see, but I'm glad this stuff with Marshall is not happening here in Denver. I knew Marshall was off but I never thought it would be this bad with him.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #2774
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

people were upset with getting two twos for BM? He was/is a really good wr, but his longevity factor was/is suspect.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #2775
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Hit women?

You girls are extreme drama queens. Marshall hasn't been in trouble for hitting women. His wife stabbed him in that story...

You want to know who has been in trouble for hitting women? Rod Smith.
Okay, attacking a cab with the woman in it. Real bright. Also in a physical fight on the street with who he is suppose to marry. Yeah, thats normal.
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote