The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #51
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Wow - listening now. Great stuff guys, looking forward to listening weekly.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #52
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Give it up! He isnt going to play your Deathsicle band!
The Mane's loss, DEATHSicle is working on a piece where each member plays the note G until DEATHSicles daw runs out of disk space.

Working title is "DEATH by G string"
Old 08-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #53
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

That was actually pretty cool. Taco had more umms and ahhhhs then anything else he said, sounded more nervous I guess you could say...imo.

Also, Taco sounds like a little kid talking to grown men on that podcast.

And I must agree with Alec, get someone other than SoCal on there. Med would be great.

But I did enjoy it, great job guys.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #54
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
I cant wait for the potential award winning episode featuring Jhns and MacGruder.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #55
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The Mane's loss, DEATHSicle is working on a piece where each member plays the note G until DEATHSicles daw runs out of disk space.

Working title is "DEATH by G string"
Old 08-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #56
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
That was actually pretty cool. Taco had more umms and ahhhhs then anything else he said, sounded more nervous I guess you could say...imo.

Also, Taco sounds like a little kid talking to grown men on that podcast.

And I must agree with Alec, get someone other than SoCal on there. Med would be great.

But I did enjoy it, great job guys.
any discussion involving bowlen, dj or cutler would turn badly, fast.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #57
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

SoCal is more knowledgeable than everyone b****ing about him combined...
Old 08-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #58
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I dont doubt his knowledge.

But as a poster he has become a shell of what he once was.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #59
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
I dont doubt his knowledge.

But as a poster he has become a shell of what he once was.
Not really. He's the same guy, Bowlen has just added a razor sharp edge to him.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #60
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Somebody was b****ing about him? Burn them at the stake!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #61
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Somebody was b****ing about him? Burn them at the stake!!!!
Sounds like a witch hunt... someone must be projecting.

On a serious note, I'm very much looking forward to hearing what SoCal has to say.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #62
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Sounds like a witch hunt... someone must be projecting.

On a serious note, I'm very much looking forward to hearing what SoCal has to say.
Me too.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #63
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Wait, I thought Kaylore was a girl.

Mind. Blown.
He's in touch with his feminine side, dammit. There's a difference.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #64
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
I totally agree, D.J. Williams is the best player every to strap on a helmet.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #65
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Cool. I will send my salary requirements for a guest spot.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #66
Bronco Yoda

Fantastic job!

Really well done.

Couldn't have asked for a better group.

I really enjoyed the show.

Thank you
Old 08-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #67
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Cool. I will send my salary requirements for a guest spot.
Don't get your hopes up. In your segment you will be paired with KFCDud and Boob and you will "record" your segement into paper cups connected by string from Boob's room or as he likes to call it "lair" in his parents basement.

If you boys are good Mrs YourInformationMinister will make you boys toasted cheese sandwiches with the crusts cut off.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #68
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

HO LY ****! SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

Just clicked on it for a sec to check sound quality (gotta go to bed soon, but I'll listen to the whole thing tomorrow), and I just have to say. L. O. L. Ok, I don't know why but I always hear different voices as I read different posters takes, and I seriously laughed out loud when you started talking taco. I was totally picturing this gravelly low pitched old man voice, and then kaylore comes on and I'm picturing this higher pitched nerdy voice...my mind has been blown haha. And please, don't take this at ALL in a derogative way (everyone so far has very "favorable" sounding pitches...or, radio-esque voices that are easy to listen to), it's just hilarious that I was so incredibly off in terms of what you guys would sound like. HA!

Anywho, I can't thank you guys enough for taking the time to branch out into the podcast world...I already can't get enough of this site, and this (i'm assuming, haven't listened to it yet but from your guest list I'm sure it's going to be chalked FULL of very thoughtful and informative discussion) is an absolutely wonderful way for me to work with the headphones while getting nonstop bronco talk.

SO, Thanks in advance, I'll post some feedback tomorrow once I get to listen to the whole thing.

You guys ****ing rock!!!!!

And ps, I don't know how it's done, but you should totally try to get this going on some of the radio/podcast apps in both the Android/Iphone markets! Along with an orangemane app of course.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #69
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Now i can make love to you guys Voices like i do to mike and mike
Old 08-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #70
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://kiwi6.com/swf/player.swf" id="audioplayer" height="24" width="290" allowscriptaccess="always">
<param name="movie" value="http://kiwi6.com/swf/player.swf" /><param name="FlashVars" value="playerID=audioplayer&soundFile=http://k003.kiwi6.com/uploads/hotlink/5cx94sk6nx" />
<param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="menu" value="false" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /></object>
<div style="font:10px Arial,sans-serif;color:#aaa">Hosted by <a style="color:#999" href="http://kiwi6.com">kiwi6.com file hosting</a>.
<a style="color:#999" href="http://kiwi6.com/file/5cx94sk6nx">Download mp3</a> - <a href="http://kiwi6.com">Free File Hosting</a>.</div>
Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 AM   #71
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

What should Episode 2 be about?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #72
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Getting ready to catch a flight and I've got the podcast loaded and ready to go. Thanks for doing this; looking forward to it.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #73
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Because I was on a cross country flight I had time to not only listen to the podcast but to jot down notes as the podcast went on. The following should be in order of subjects you all discussed and hopefully I can convey my thoughts correctly (I’m not really one to sit and type up long logical posts on the forum and you can probably deduce that based on my post count and when I became a member; in other words I’m a solid lurker). Off we go…

First, I appreciate the talk about the rookies and how they fit in on the new “athletic” mentality the new coaching staff has instilled in this organization. It’s interesting to progress from the thought process of “lets acquire talent based upon our needs” to “lets acquire the best potential talent that remains on the board.” I think this is a good route to take for the next couple of seasons as this team is in need of some serious help at all positions.

In regards to Slowshon; I thought it was interesting to hear the overall agreement between you all that he would be more appreciated here if he was drafted in a lower round. My thoughts have been that he was definitely overrated, and hasn’t really produced much in terms of success for the Broncos. Is this because I grew up, and was spoiled by; Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, etcetera? Or maybe they, in-fact, were all products of the offensive line which we do not have today. This position tends to be plagued in the same regards as the QB position and Elway; no one will ever be able to fill his shoes and will always be compared to him and forced to tuck tail and get out of town (for how dare they show up in a Broncos uniform and not produce as their great predecessors have done before them! )

It is also interesting to hear the perspective that Tebow is being forced to play like Orton, behind a team that is designed for a drop back, in the pocket, passer. Could we efficiently run two styles of offenses? Would this entail bringing back the “wild horse” or some variant there of; would Tebow then be forced into a niche that he could never climb out of in the NFL? In the same light it was also nice to hear you all bring Orton down to earth (in the eyes of the O-Mane community) regarding the “Orton is the starter and it’s not even close” thread. Look, I am not for-or-against either guy in particular as I want what is best for the team. However, I would like Tebow to take the reins and become our next star player of the Denver Broncos. It honestly hurts deep inside to hear you all speak about how (potentially) great Tebow will do for another team. We’ve got this great athlete with a great work ethic that is a great leader; let’s work with him! Let’s hire a great QB coach that can mentor him. Elway, get down on the field and teach this padawan. We all know he’d soak up anything taught to him and that he would devote lots of time to perfect his skills. Let’s design this team around him, but hey, who am I?

Other random comments:
-“Bobness” will have to become a part of my daily vocabulary
- I heard Taco (I believe) use the word “sexy” twice. I had a tally sheet and was expecting that to be a reoccurring word; it was not and that made me sad. Haha

Overall, my Broncos brain has increased in girth and I have you all to thank. I was born and raised in Texas and was inundated with Cowboys talk, now I live in the northeast and am bombarded by Redskins/Eagles crap and I can’t stand it. It’s nice to actually sit down and listen to straight up Broncos talk from individuals that do not have an ESPiN/Northeast bias. Due to my work schedule and a recent move across the states (followed by not so hot Broncos seasons) I have found myself drifting away from what I used to hold dear to my heart. I’m a huge Broncos fan and I hope to make it a priority as the season progresses and to get back into my team. Thank you guys for facilitating this and I look forward to future podcasts.

Finally, I’d like to present a quick question: I’ve been meaning to listen, and get into, other podcasts but have never found the time to do so. Because of that, this is my first podcast and I feel like I now have time to sit down and really get involved, so I’m just curious what does everyone do while listening to the podcast? Although I was on a flight with nothing else to do, I still felt distracted at times and that I missed out on little tidbits here and there. How about you?

Go Broncos!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #74
AboveAverage
Master Baiter

Eh?

This was really a tremendous podcast. Amazing that it was just the first installment. I'll be listening weekly.

Last edited by AboveAverage; 08-12-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #75
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7 View Post

Finally, Id like to present a quick question: Ive been meaning to listen, and get into, other podcasts but have never found the time to do so. Because of that, this is my first podcast and I feel like I now have time to sit down and really get involved, so Im just curious what does everyone do while listening to the podcast? Although I was on a flight with nothing else to do, I still felt distracted at times and that I missed out on little tidbits here and there. How about you?

Go Broncos!
I listen to podcasts when I work around the house, cook, mow the lawn, ride my bike, drive the kids to daycare, etc. Audiobooks are great for that too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: