The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Orange Mane Podcast - Episode 1

Download Episode 1 - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast

This is going to be a regular thing that we're starting this season. I discuss the show format in the podcast, but basically it's designed to put a spotlight on the pulse of the die hard fan. Regular guests will be Kaylore, Montrose, and SoCalBronco - my show pillars. These are the guys who are going to help keep this thing going. Not everyone will be able to make it every single week, but that's where the rest of the community comes in.

I want to highlight the opinions of the community members that we have here in the show. This means, potentially anyone here who is interested could get a shot to be on. If you're interested in being in the pool of guests, send me an email at editor @ orangemane dot com, and I'll keep you in the rolodex of potential guests. Make sure you tell me your username. That's a must.

Without further adieu, here is the first episode:

Show Notes:

Elway era begins.
-Thoughts as we move into it.
-Xanders
-John Fox

Elway/Fox/Xanders first draft:
-Question: what does the Denver Broncos draft tell you about the direction and philosophy of the new age Broncos?

Off Season Moves - Cuts and additions:
-Signed, released, traded, acquired, notable injuries, returning from injury

First Broncos Depth Chart Released
-Review position by position

Quarterback Controversy
-Tebow vs. Kyle Orton

Preseason Game 1 - What are you looking for?

Shannon Sharpe in the HOF

Last words and shout-outs

Last edited by Taco John; 08-30-2011 at 09:15 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I need work as a host, but man did the guests nail it. Kaylore and Montrose were excellent!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

AWESOME, With a side of SALSA!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Wait, I thought Kaylore was a girl.

Mind. Blown.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
ChrisToker

Hells to the yeah

Old 08-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

OK. Do I need to kill a hobo to get on this show?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:44 AM   #7
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Well played T.J.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #8
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

...always wondered why this didn't exist. Awesome to see !
Old 08-10-2011, 02:20 AM   #9
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

had trouble downloading it said it was unavailable .... but i finally got it

ill listen and edit with my thoughts, lookin forward to this.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #10
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

No No No take Brian Orakpo ...
Old 08-10-2011, 03:03 AM   #11
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Great job, guys... you all had some very good insight.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:58 AM   #12
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

A great addition to Orangemane. One thing that sets any people interactive website are the posters. Two great individuals to start with. Thanks for stepping out with this.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #13
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I need work as a host, but man did the guests nail it. Kaylore and Montrose were excellent!
WOW THIS PODCAST WAS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR, ALL OF YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB

Listen guys I really think it cannot be understated how great this podcast was, I really hope its the first of many no one had any hidden agendas, no one held any big grudges against certain players, the analysis was accurate for the most part and fair. Made great points with Knowshon and Ayers, two players who I feel are thrown under the bus too much by Bronco fans.

Very professional, good quality, Montrose and Kaylor are great and Taco John you did a pretty good hosting for your first episode, all 3 of you showed good chemistry on the microphone.

For being a new podcast it didn't seem like it at all, and being 2 hours I never felt like any parts were long or dragged out too much. You guys did an awesome job covering the core of the football team and not just focusing on the much talked about QB position for half the show.

Hats off to all of you I am looking forward to listening to this every time you guys post a new one.

Last edited by KevinJames; 08-10-2011 at 04:37 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 04:39 AM   #14
Dukes
Ring of Famer

When will Lex be on?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:59 AM   #15
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

sweet
Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 AM   #16
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
When will Lex be on?

It was fun, but I had a cold and it was long. My wife went to bed giving me the evil eye. Next week we'll have SoCal on.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #17
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Pretty nice job overall.

Thoughts:

1. Content was very good.

2. Too many "uhms, errs, ahhs" from Taco John.

3. Montrose has an excellent radio voice and commentation speed but tended to overtalk Kaylore too often.

4. Kaylore's slow talking compliments Montrose and Taco John's faster voice speed.

5. I thought the three of you were fine. Adding another voice or even more might result in too much of a cluster****.

6. The three of you agree too much and you're too PC and moderate with the opinions. You need an opposite view point. Someone whom hates the John Fox hire and conservative mentality. Someone whom disliked the draft. Someone whom disliked how Free Agency was handled. In short, need more fireworks, less circlejerking.

Overall though, the podcast was pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be when I downloaded it. If you stay status quo, it will be solid. If you want to improve, think about the constructive thoughts I posted above.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:26 AM   #18
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Pretty nice job overall.

Thoughts:

3. Montrose has an excellent radio voice and commentation speed but tended to overtalk Kaylore too often.

4. Kaylore's slow talking compliments Montrose and Taco John's faster voice speed.

5. I thought the three of you were fine. Adding another voice or even more might result in too much of a cluster****.

6. The three of you agree too much and you're too PC and moderate with the opinions. You need an opposite view point. Someone whom hates the John Fox hire and conservative mentality. Someone whom disliked the draft. Someone whom disliked how Free Agency was handled. In short, need more fireworks, less circlejerking.

Overall though, the podcast was pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be when I downloaded it. If you stay status quo, it will be solid. If you want to improve, think about the constructive thoughts I posted above.
That's some really good, helpful feedback.

FYI, my slower talking was probably 30% antihistamines. Since you liked it, I'll try and be medicated every time.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #19
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

You going to get this up somewhere that has RSS so it can go on itunes/Zune?

I do a podcast weekly for a site I co-own and we host on podbean.com

it's cheap and easy...just how I like it

Last edited by Rabb; 08-10-2011 at 07:04 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 07:21 AM   #20
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Excellent stuff lads.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #21
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

I cant wait for the potential award winning episode featuring Jhns and MacGruder.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #22
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That's some really good, helpful feedback.

FYI, my slower talking was probably 30% antihistamines. Since you liked it, I'll try and be medicated every time.
lol that'd be epic. I was thinking about the talking over thing - I'm so used to hearing myself in headphones (which I don't hear using skype) it's easy to do so. Should be much crisper next week.

To Mat'hir's point, I want to be careful about trying to "manufactuer debates" because it happens all too often in radio - and specifically to create entertainment value. I don't think Taco intends for this podcast to be something you listen to on the way home looking for a chuckle to some cheap joke but rather an in-depth analysis so while there will certainly be things we disagree upon - I don't want to force it. And when we do disagree, I don't see us getting into an argumentative/typical-radio style shouting match as that's not our personalities. What should make this show unique is that we're giving our honest opinions from a (somewhat) objective view.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #23
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Pretty nice job overall.

Thoughts:

Great feedback. I need to work on a lot of things. Fixing my "um" problem is one I've wanted to correct for a long time. I'm definitely going to work hard on it. Also, being smoother with transitions... lol
Old 08-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #24
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
lol that'd be epic. I was thinking about the talking over thing - I'm so used to hearing myself in headphones (which I don't hear using skype) it's easy to do so. Should be much crisper next week.

To Mat'hir's point, I want to be careful about trying to "manufactuer debates" because it happens all too often in radio - and specifically to create entertainment value. I don't think Taco intends for this podcast to be something you listen to on the way home looking for a chuckle to some cheap joke but rather an in-depth analysis so while there will certainly be things we disagree upon - I don't want to force it. And when we do disagree, I don't see us getting into an argumentative/typical-radio style shouting match as that's not our personalities. What should make this show unique is that we're giving our honest opinions from a (somewhat) objective view.
Exactly. There's any number of places you can listen to guys being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. I want this show to be honest and really dig into the stuff and try and look at the biggest picture possible. We'll definitely have disagreements. This was just the first show with a new regime. Things are going to happen, and we'll end up looking at them differently.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

please do me a favor. ask socal what he thinks about the DJ trade rumors.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: