The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #26
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW81 View Post
Exactly.

It won't be long before they (newspapers) are obsolete.
Absolutely agree with you. What is funny is the dinosaur media is putting a ton of pressure on search engines like Google. So they keep changing their algorithm to try to give more credit to them then the upstart bloggers.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #27
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
This is basically backlash from the newspaper industry since no one wants to pony up for the online subscription services.

So now they're saying **** you, give us our goddamn traffic or we'll sue...
Yeah because it's soooo unreasonable for them to try and protect the content that they spend a lot of money creating.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #28
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Absolutely agree with you. What is funny is the dinosaur media is putting a ton of pressure on search engines like Google. So they keep changing their algorithm to try to give more credit to them then the upstart bloggers.
Don't look now but the dinosaur media is slowly waking up and is starting to change. Next few years is going to be very interesting.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #29
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Don't look now but the dinosaur media is slowly waking up and is starting to change. Next few years is going to be very interesting.
Yeah it only took them almost becoming extinct to adjust. Problem is they are trying to adjust and still follow their model only online. Doesn't work so much.

There are some interesting ventures out there though from the dinosaurs.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #30
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Yeah it only took them almost becoming extinct to adjust. Problem is they are trying to adjust and still follow their model only online. Doesn't work so much.

There are some interesting ventures out there though from the dinosaurs.
It's difficult to take a huge bloated industry that has done something one way for over 100 years and expect them to change it over night. They are making much bigger strides in the last year or so though. All signs point to geolocation and mobile. Advertisement is still the elephant in the room though.

Last edited by bowtown; 03-06-2011 at 07:44 PM..
Old 03-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #31
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Oh I agree, remember I work in the Aviation industry. Thinking outside of the box for them is adding new fees because they can. There are a few unique businesses like Southwest.

I think the ones who think outside of the box in media will find the most success.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #32
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

This is bull****.

Quite frankly, the Denver Post should be footing the bill for this place considering the majority of their articles are damn near verbatim posts from here.

**** them.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #33
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

To take this a step further.

Anyone think DP would be doing Camp articles and updates if it weren't Khan starting that trend 5 years ago?

Anyone read a DP article that hasn't been hashed to death 10x on here before it ever makes it there?

Anyone ever read a DP article that has "takes" that are pretty much verbatim stolen from half the better posters here?

TJ, I think YOU should threaten THEM with copyright infringement.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #34
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
This is bull****.

Quite frankly, the Denver Post should be footing the bill for this place considering the majority of their articles are damn near verbatim posts from here.

**** them.

... I don't know about that exactly, but I do know that there has been some synergy between this forum and the media, both newspaper and radio. As far as the online goes, I'm very curious how this policy affected the traffic that they received from this place. I would guess that the traffic throughput has decreased dramatically. People just don't post DPO stories as much anymroe.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #35
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
... I don't know about that exactly, but I do know that there has been some synergy between this forum and the media, both newspaper and radio. As far as the online goes, I'm very curious how this policy affected the traffic that they received from this place. I would guess that the traffic throughput has decreased dramatically. People just don't post DPO stories as much anymroe.
Every single one of their sensationalist, dog **** writers is at least a lurker here as evidenced time and time again.

If I were you, I'd go full blown vendetta on their ass and start banning the posting of any DP articles and lurkers.

You could completely drive them out of business... which in retrospect would only be assisting the inevitable.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #36
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I'd prefer no none post anything for the Post. It's a rag.
this
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote