The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #2526
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,119
Default

Moss agrees to 1-year deal with Raiders


By Len Pasquarelli
Senior NFL Writer

The Sports Xchange

Although he appeared in only five games for the Oakland Raiders in 2010, the club apparently saw enough of former first-round defensive end Jarvis Moss(notes) to want him back, and The Sports Xchange has learned that the two sides on Tuesday reached a one-year agreement.

The unrestricted free agent will return to the Raiders for $1.25 million. The contract, agreed to in the opening hours of free agent negotiations under the provisions of the new collective bargaining agreement, can be officially signed on Friday after 6 p.m.

Moss, 26, was a first-round pick of the Denver Broncos in 2007, the 17th choice overall in that year's draft. The former University of Florida star was released by the Broncos last November, and signed with Oakland six days later.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...l-with-raiders


Thats the funniest thing I have seen all day.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #2527
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,733
Default

He's about to bust out for his monies
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #2528
phibacka31
Ring of Famer
 
phibacka31's Avatar
 
Leggo

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 1,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Moss agrees to 1-year deal with Raiders


By Len Pasquarelli
Senior NFL Writer

The Sports Xchange

Although he appeared in only five games for the Oakland Raiders in 2010, the club apparently saw enough of former first-round defensive end Jarvis Moss(notes) to want him back, and The Sports Xchange has learned that the two sides on Tuesday reached a one-year agreement.

The unrestricted free agent will return to the Raiders for $1.25 million. The contract, agreed to in the opening hours of free agent negotiations under the provisions of the new collective bargaining agreement, can be officially signed on Friday after 6 p.m.

Moss, 26, was a first-round pick of the Denver Broncos in 2007, the 17th choice overall in that year's draft. The former University of Florida star was released by the Broncos last November, and signed with Oakland six days later.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...l-with-raiders


Thats the funniest thing I have seen all day.
When I saw the headline I was thinking RANDY moss, which may have been even funnier!
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #2529
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
The Panthers’ front office and Johnson’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have worked out a six-year, $76 million deal with $32 million guaranteed, including a $30 million signing bonus.
So much for all that talk about the new CBA cutting down on ridiculous contracts.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #2530
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
So much for all that talk about the new CBA cutting down on ridiculous contracts.
Actually, the new CBA cuts down on ridiculous ROOKIE contracts, with the money shifted over to ridiculous veteran contracts.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #2531
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Jeyton Mannway

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default

Vikings, Redskins agree to trade, only if Donovan McNabb agrees to contract

The talk of the Redskins trading Donovan McNabb to the Vikings is heating up. Now the only question is whether McNabb will buy into it.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the Vikings and Redskins have agreed to the terms of a trade that would send the veteran quarterback to Minnesota.

But the trade will only go through if McNabb agrees to a new contract. There’s no way the Vikings are paying him the $12.5 million he’s due this season.

And getting McNabb to agree to a new deal could be difficult. In Minnesota, McNabb would only be the starter for as long as it takes the Vikings to get first-round draft pick Christian Ponder up to speed. Given the way McNabb was stung by getting benched last year, he presumably doesn’t want to play for a team where the guy he’d get benched for is already in place.

So even though both the Redskins and McNabb are ready to move on, that doesn’t mean they’re both ready to reach a deal with McNabb’s next team.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #2532
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Jeyton Mannway

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Santana Moss reaches agreement with Washington on a 3-yr deal for $15 million with $5 million signing bonus and $6 million guaranteed.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #2533
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Jeyton Mannway

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default

Adam Schefter
Rams reach agreement with former Eagles S Quintin Mikell on a four-year deal.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #2534
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,691

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Profootballtalk.com reports the Panthers have agreed to terms with DE Charles Johnson on a six-year, $76 million contract, including a whopping $30 million signing bonus.
The deal has $32 million in guarantees. Re-signing the top pass rusher on the market was enough of a priority that GM Marty Hurney flew to Miami Tuesday to meet directly with Johnson. The Gaston Gazette confirms Johnson was contacted by the Falcons -- as expected. The Broncos also came calling, perhaps confirmation that coach John Fox will aggressively court his former players. The total money is nearly as strong as Julius Peppers' Bears contract, effectively keeping Johnson from waiting until Friday to see how many suitors would line up.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #2535
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

Matt Leinart has agreed to a deal with Seattle, according to ESPN.com. Chris Mortensen reported Leinart “could” round out Seattle’s depth chart earlier Tuesday, but ESPN.com has adjusted that wording to say a deal has been reached. Mort says the Redskins spoke with Leinart, who ultimately decided to reunite with former coach Pete Carroll.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #2536
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Matt Leinart has agreed to a deal with Seattle, according to ESPN.com. Chris Mortensen reported Leinart “could” round out Seattle’s depth chart earlier Tuesday, but ESPN.com has adjusted that wording to say a deal has been reached. Mort says the Redskins spoke with Leinart, who ultimately decided to reunite with former coach Pete Carroll.
Jackson, Leinart and Whitehurst. Only need 33% odds that one of them gets their **** together lol
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #2537
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

Matt Leinart makes a lot more sense than Tarvaris Jackson for Seattle....but I guess they have both and they paid a buttload to get Charlie Whitehurst last year.

I would like to see Matt Leinart win that job and get his shot.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #2538
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Matt Leinart makes a lot more sense than Tarvaris Jackson for Seattle....but I guess they have both and they paid a buttload to get Charlie Whitehurst last year.

I would like to see Matt Leinart win that job and get his shot.
It'll be interesting. They have 3 talented, young reclamation projects to try and work with.

If it pans out, I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing more teams give this a shot.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #2539
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

In a surprise move, quarterback Matt Leinart has agreed to a deal to stay with the Houston Texans, a day after reports circulated that Leinart would sign with the Seattle Seahawks.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that Leinart wanted to sign with a team that would give him a chance to start, and the Texans are definitely not that as long as Matt Schaub is around. But Leinart apparently concluded after the Seahawks agreed to a deal with Tarvaris Jackson that he wouldn’t be able to start in Seattle, either.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #2540
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
In a surprise move, quarterback Matt Leinart has agreed to a deal to stay with the Houston Texans, a day after reports circulated that Leinart would sign with the Seattle Seahawks.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that Leinart wanted to sign with a team that would give him a chance to start, and the Texans are definitely not that as long as Matt Schaub is around. But Leinart apparently concluded after the Seahawks agreed to a deal with Tarvaris Jackson that he wouldn’t be able to start in Seattle, either.
Dude is just strange...
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #2541
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,371
Default

Is he basically saying he thinks he can beat out Schaub over Tavaris Jackson?
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #2542
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Is he basically saying he thinks he can beat out Schaub over Tavaris Jackson?
More likely that he's happy making nice money and having zero expectations or pressure put on him. It's a good gig.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #2543
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
More likely that he's happy making nice money and having zero expectations or pressure put on him. It's a good gig.
I think it has more to do with the quality of college trim coming out of Texas. Nothing against Seattle but the women are just a little hotter down here.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #2544
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

I think you're both right
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #2545
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

Former Toledo Rocket Lance Moore re-signed with New Orleans.

Good move for them and for Lance Moore, he's done very well there.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #2546
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Jeyton Mannway

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Saints have agreed to the terms of a trade that would send running back Reggie Bush to the Dolphins.

The deal hinges on the Dolphins working out an acceptable contract with Bush. Due to earn a base salary of $11.8 million in 2011, Bush will have to take a pay cut. (Of course, if he agrees to a long-term deal with the Dolphins, he could actually pocket $11.8 million in salary and bonuses in 2011, or more.)

There’s also a chance that Bush will stay put in New Orleans, if he agrees to accept a reduced rate of pay.

The move makes plenty of sense for the Saints, who would have had no choice but to cut Bush ASAP. If he tears an ACL or busts an Achilles’ tendon in training camp, New Orleans will owe him the full $11.8 million.

Also, by trading him the Saints will be able to ensure that he ended up out of their division — and out of their conference.

In the end, Bush’s place of employment for 2011 will come down to whether he wants to stay with the Saints or move on. Lately, he has been saying all the right things about New Orleans. His chance to prove that he means it has now arrived.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #2547
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-for-asomugha/

Texans reportedly in “lead” for Asomugha
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #2548
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

Good....I'd rather see Nnamdi Asomugha sign with the Texans than anyone else.

I'll always root for Gary Kubiak to do well.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #2549
BroncosMT
Back in Big Sky
 
BroncosMT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Frozen tundra of Montana
Posts: 878
Default

Niners are releasing Clements per schefty
BroncosMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #2550
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,010

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosMT View Post
Niners are releasing Clements per schefty
wow, how do the niners like him now? they only made him the highest paid CB in the nfl a few years ago...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Denver Broncos