The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #2501
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,667
Default

I'm not a Pete Carroll hater either, I hope he does well with Seattle....I simply don't see a plan right now.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #2502
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 22,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I'm not a Pete Carroll hater either, I hope he does well with Seattle....I simply don't see a plan right now.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #2503
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 47,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think the "plan" is a reaction to the dearth of options.

We can talk about Kolb and Orton and Palmer and Bulger and... well, how much of a **** are they really worth?

Why not collect some talent, hit camp with an open competition and see if Jackson or Whitehurst or the next acquisition can throw a football.
And if that doesn't work Pete can go do Beer Bongs with Mat Leinhart.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #2504
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 28,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think the "plan" is a reaction to the dearth of options.

We can talk about Kolb and Orton and Palmer and Bulger and... well, how much of a **** are they really worth?

Why not collect some talent, hit camp with an open competition and see if Jackson or Whitehurst or the next acquisition can throw a football.
At this point that seems to be the direction
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #2505
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Broncos GM (God's Masterpiece)

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Denzel Perryman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
McGahee is a bum.


Too Soon?
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #2506
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 28,197
Default

Where's the Deangelo Williams vid?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #2507
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Broncos GM (God's Masterpiece)

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Denzel Perryman
Default

Jason La Confora:

The Seahawks have agreed to terms with Tarvaris Jackson, who played under offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell in Minnesota. Seattle also is expected to sign Matt Leinart, coach Pete Carroll‘s former QB at USC, to join Charlie Whitehurst on the roster.

Vikings WR Sidney Rice remains a prime free-agent target, according to the source.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #2508
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 28,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
Jason La Confora:

The Seahawks have agreed to terms with Tarvaris Jackson, who played under offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell in Minnesota. Seattle also is expected to sign Matt Leinart, coach Pete Carroll‘s former QB at USC, to join Charlie Whitehurst on the roster.

Vikings WR Sidney Rice remains a prime free-agent target, according to the source.
I had a feeling Lionheart might end up with Carrol
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #2509
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Where's the Deangelo Williams vid?



only 123yds and 3 TDs...

score was close though, Carolina eeked it out 34-0...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #2510
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Broncos GM (God's Masterpiece)

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Denzel Perryman
Default

@NFLTE82
Joel Gamble

Talked with Carolina Panthers, and Denver Broncos today speaking with other teams Tom i know il end up where GOD wants me !!!
14 minutes ago via web
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #2511
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Broncos GM (God's Masterpiece)

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Denzel Perryman
Default

Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson was expected to be a sought-after free agent, but he won’t be going anywhere.

A league source tells PFT that the Panthers and Johnson have agreed on a deal that will keep Johnson in Carolina.

The Panthers’ front office and Johnson’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have worked out a six-year, $76 million deal with $32 million guaranteed, including a $30 million signing bonus.

The 25-year-old Johnson started all 16 games for the Panthers last season and recorded 11.5 sacks.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #2512
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 47,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
@NFLTE82
Joel Gamble

Talked with Carolina Panthers, and Denver Broncos today speaking with other teams Tom i know il end up where GOD wants me !!!
14 minutes ago via web
Here is the rest of his tweet:

Except if it is with the Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz, I can't go back there ever again they actually made you play in a yard with these mean dogs chasing us around while we were playing.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #2513
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 28,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson was expected to be a sought-after free agent, but he won’t be going anywhere.

A league source tells PFT that the Panthers and Johnson have agreed on a deal that will keep Johnson in Carolina.

The Panthers’ front office and Johnson’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have worked out a six-year, $76 million deal with $32 million guaranteed, including a $30 million signing bonus.

The 25-year-old Johnson started all 16 games for the Panthers last season and recorded 11.5 sacks.
Damn it!!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #2514
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,836
Default

Moss agrees to 1-year deal with Raiders


By Len Pasquarelli
Senior NFL Writer

The Sports Xchange

Although he appeared in only five games for the Oakland Raiders in 2010, the club apparently saw enough of former first-round defensive end Jarvis Moss(notes) to want him back, and The Sports Xchange has learned that the two sides on Tuesday reached a one-year agreement.

The unrestricted free agent will return to the Raiders for $1.25 million. The contract, agreed to in the opening hours of free agent negotiations under the provisions of the new collective bargaining agreement, can be officially signed on Friday after 6 p.m.

Moss, 26, was a first-round pick of the Denver Broncos in 2007, the 17th choice overall in that year's draft. The former University of Florida star was released by the Broncos last November, and signed with Oakland six days later.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...l-with-raiders


Thats the funniest thing I have seen all day.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #2515
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 28,197
Default

He's about to bust out for his monies
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #2516
phibacka31
Ring of Famer
 
phibacka31's Avatar
 
Leggo

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 2,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Moss agrees to 1-year deal with Raiders


By Len Pasquarelli
Senior NFL Writer

The Sports Xchange

Although he appeared in only five games for the Oakland Raiders in 2010, the club apparently saw enough of former first-round defensive end Jarvis Moss(notes) to want him back, and The Sports Xchange has learned that the two sides on Tuesday reached a one-year agreement.

The unrestricted free agent will return to the Raiders for $1.25 million. The contract, agreed to in the opening hours of free agent negotiations under the provisions of the new collective bargaining agreement, can be officially signed on Friday after 6 p.m.

Moss, 26, was a first-round pick of the Denver Broncos in 2007, the 17th choice overall in that year's draft. The former University of Florida star was released by the Broncos last November, and signed with Oakland six days later.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...l-with-raiders


Thats the funniest thing I have seen all day.
When I saw the headline I was thinking RANDY moss, which may have been even funnier!
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #2517
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 22,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
The Panthers’ front office and Johnson’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have worked out a six-year, $76 million deal with $32 million guaranteed, including a $30 million signing bonus.
So much for all that talk about the new CBA cutting down on ridiculous contracts.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #2518
BowlenBall
Kicked. Screamed. Won.
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2015 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Kragen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
So much for all that talk about the new CBA cutting down on ridiculous contracts.
Actually, the new CBA cuts down on ridiculous ROOKIE contracts, with the money shifted over to ridiculous veteran contracts.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #2519
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Broncos GM (God's Masterpiece)

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Denzel Perryman
Default

Vikings, Redskins agree to trade, only if Donovan McNabb agrees to contract

The talk of the Redskins trading Donovan McNabb to the Vikings is heating up. Now the only question is whether McNabb will buy into it.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the Vikings and Redskins have agreed to the terms of a trade that would send the veteran quarterback to Minnesota.

But the trade will only go through if McNabb agrees to a new contract. There’s no way the Vikings are paying him the $12.5 million he’s due this season.

And getting McNabb to agree to a new deal could be difficult. In Minnesota, McNabb would only be the starter for as long as it takes the Vikings to get first-round draft pick Christian Ponder up to speed. Given the way McNabb was stung by getting benched last year, he presumably doesn’t want to play for a team where the guy he’d get benched for is already in place.

So even though both the Redskins and McNabb are ready to move on, that doesn’t mean they’re both ready to reach a deal with McNabb’s next team.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #2520
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Broncos GM (God's Masterpiece)

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Denzel Perryman
Default

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Santana Moss reaches agreement with Washington on a 3-yr deal for $15 million with $5 million signing bonus and $6 million guaranteed.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #2521
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Broncos GM (God's Masterpiece)

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Denzel Perryman
Default

Adam Schefter
Rams reach agreement with former Eagles S Quintin Mikell on a four-year deal.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #2522
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 21,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Profootballtalk.com reports the Panthers have agreed to terms with DE Charles Johnson on a six-year, $76 million contract, including a whopping $30 million signing bonus.
The deal has $32 million in guarantees. Re-signing the top pass rusher on the market was enough of a priority that GM Marty Hurney flew to Miami Tuesday to meet directly with Johnson. The Gaston Gazette confirms Johnson was contacted by the Falcons -- as expected. The Broncos also came calling, perhaps confirmation that coach John Fox will aggressively court his former players. The total money is nearly as strong as Julius Peppers' Bears contract, effectively keeping Johnson from waiting until Friday to see how many suitors would line up.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #2523
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,667
Default

Matt Leinart has agreed to a deal with Seattle, according to ESPN.com. Chris Mortensen reported Leinart “could” round out Seattle’s depth chart earlier Tuesday, but ESPN.com has adjusted that wording to say a deal has been reached. Mort says the Redskins spoke with Leinart, who ultimately decided to reunite with former coach Pete Carroll.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #2524
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,667
Default

Matt Leinart makes a lot more sense than Tarvaris Jackson for Seattle....but I guess they have both and they paid a buttload to get Charlie Whitehurst last year.

I would like to see Matt Leinart win that job and get his shot.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #2525
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,667
Default

In a surprise move, quarterback Matt Leinart has agreed to a deal to stay with the Houston Texans, a day after reports circulated that Leinart would sign with the Seattle Seahawks.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that Leinart wanted to sign with a team that would give him a chance to start, and the Texans are definitely not that as long as Matt Schaub is around. But Leinart apparently concluded after the Seahawks agreed to a deal with Tarvaris Jackson that he wouldn’t be able to start in Seattle, either.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Denver Broncos