The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #3876
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/tag/...shannon-sharpe

"The thing is, I have been thinking about the speech for 42 years,” Sharpe said.”The thing is with something like this there are moments and people in your life that make it very, very easy and the thing is when people are like ‘when you speak do you ever write it down?’ This will be the first time that I actually write something down that I talk about because when you write it down it’s too well-rehearsed and I want it to be heartfelt. The only reason I’m going to write it down this time is because I want to make sure that 25 years from now when people hear this speech that I make sure I didn’t leave anybody out. They want you to be between eight and twelve minutes. Well I can talk for an hour about my grandmother alone. But I’m gonna have to throw Mike Shanahan in there, I’m gonna have to mention Dan Reeves, I’m gonna have to talk about my high school coach William Hall, I’m gonna have to talk about my sister, my kids, the guys I played with that helped me get to here, but I want to make sure I do my grandmother justice. Most of the people that will listen to my voice in that stadium or watching me on television will have never seen my grandmother, but when I’m done they will know who she is and they will know why I am who I am.”
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #3877
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not sure if this has already been mentioned in the long history of this thread, but with Hillis on the Browns, even the color scheme is now appropriate for him to adopt the Juggernaut moniker. I really hope this takes off!
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #3878
Bronco Yoda

That just makes dumping him all worth it now...
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #3879
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Hillis going to be this yrs biggest fantasy bust IMO. Watch his numbers go down across the board. Once again the team he plays for really wants someone else to be the man. Hardesty gets a shot at 150 carries this yr which IMO will severely cut into Hillis numbers.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #3880
Bronco Yoda

Better to be a fantasy bust than a real bust.....hmmmmmmmm
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #3881
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I'm posting just to make sure macgruder being owned thread doesn't overtake this beauty.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #3882
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Hillis going to be this yrs biggest fantasy bust IMO. Watch his numbers go down across the board. Once again the team he plays for really wants someone else to be the man. Hardesty gets a shot at 150 carries this yr which IMO will severely cut into Hillis numbers.
Wanna bet?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #3883
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Who is this other guy?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #3884
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Hillis has been dragging around cars and SUVs. Now he's going to pull a fire truck.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #3885
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Just think, if he wasn't traded it would be him, Tebow and Larsen that would be a pretty good goal line set right there.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #3886
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Hillis has been dragging around cars and SUVs. Now he's going to pull a fire truck.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html
cute. no one there has the heart to tell him that cars move from the inside.

Last edited by OABB; 07-17-2011 at 03:59 PM..
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #3887
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Wanna bet?
How would we gauge his numbers? Just the big ones total yrds and tds?
Old 07-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #3888
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Who is this other guy?
I said his name in the post? What more do you need? MONTARIO HARDESTY. I like him, if he heals, he could suck up some of Hillis workload and sap his stats. Not saying Hillis won't be a good football player, only that IMO his numbers go down, and that fantasy speaking people will be bummed where they picked him for what they got in production.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #3889
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
How would we gauge his numbers? Just the big ones total yrds and tds?
It's obvious that Hardesty was drafted to be the man. Yet, he's an unproven commodity at this point.
If he shows flashes of greatness, he'll be given a chance, but Hillis is still the man in Cleveland.
When the chips are down, Hillis will get the rock...
Old 07-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #3890
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
It's obvious that Hardesty was drafted to be the man. Yet, he's an unproven commodity at this point.
If he shows flashes of greatness, he'll be given a chance, but Hillis is still the man in Cleveland.
When the chips are down, Hillis will get the rock...
In Hillis, they also have a folk hero -- Madden cover no less. There is no way Cleveland wants Hillis to have as many touches this year as last, so I'm sure they are hoping Hardesty is both healthy and productive. Last year, Hillis was the offense. There was no passing threat, and what little passing threat there was, went to Hillis as much as anyone (2nd in receptions I believe).

Now, if Hardesty turns into the next AP or Chris Johnson, all bets are off, but short of that Hillis has a chance to produce more, with less caries. He wore down carrying so much of the offensive load (had broken ribs the last three games). A fresher Hillis with fewer touches could easily produce more.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #3891
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
In Hillis, they also have a folk hero -- Madden cover no less. There is no way Cleveland wants Hillis to have as many touches this year as last, so I'm sure they are hoping Hardesty is both healthy and productive. Last year, Hillis was the offense. There was no passing threat, and what little passing threat there was, went to Hillis as much as anyone (2nd in receptions I believe).

Now, if Hardesty turns into the next AP or Chris Johnson, all bets are off, but short of that Hillis has a chance to produce more, with less caries. He wore down carrying so much of the offensive load (had broken ribs the last three games). A fresher Hillis with fewer touches could easily produce more.
Good point. I fell they would want to keep Hillis fresh as much as possible, but the Hardesty-Hillis tandem must be clicking on all cylinders for that to work...
Old 07-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #3892
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
I said his name in the post? What more do you need? MONTARIO HARDESTY. I like him, if he heals, he could suck up some of Hillis workload and sap his stats. Not saying Hillis won't be a good football player, only that IMO his numbers go down, and that fantasy speaking people will be bummed where they picked him for what they got in production.
All we need to make this thread awesome is a horrific bigoted homophobe to show up. Oh, there he is.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #3893
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Got this from CP.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #3894
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
All we need to make this thread awesome is a horrific bigoted homophobe to show up. Oh, there he is.
If I am not mistaken, you are the one with the new found gay brother. You are really trying way too hard to prove the love you have for your brother. This post is that example. Trying waaaaaay too hard, Dagmar.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #3895
Shananahan

Is that really Hillis, or just some lookalike wannabe?

If it's really him, I'm glad he's gone for the first time. I couldn't root for that.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #3896
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Is that really Hillis, or just some lookalike wannabe?

If it's really him, I'm glad he's gone for the first time. I couldn't root for that.
but you will root for a crouch grabbing Quinn?
Old 08-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #3897
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
but you will root for a crouch grabbing Quinn?
I can't remember making a single post on this board about Quinn. Maybe something about how he might as well be the #2 if Tebow's not going to start but still get playing time or something. Perhaps you're the one with the hangup?

Anyway the point is that Hillis v. Norris video was so poorly made and unfunny I was actually offended by it.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:11 AM   #3898
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I can't remember making a single post on this board about Quinn. Maybe something about how he might as well be the #2 if Tebow's not going to start but still get playing time or something. Perhaps you're the one with the hangup?

Anyway the point is that Hillis v. Norris video was so poorly made and unfunny I was actually offended by it.
I'm offended that you would be offended by a video. While I will attempt to not add further offense to your over stressed life, but that's just a stupid statement.

Anyway, since it's on the homepage of his website, I would say it's something he put together.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:14 AM   #3899
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Also, I was reading an article last night about how Hillis is embracing social media and attempting to make some extra income. He's still on his rookie contract and set to make about $550k this year, which is not a lot for an NFL player. He's selling autographed jerseys, helmets and stuff on his website.

My guess is that he put the video together, which has his website name on it, hoping that it would go viral to some level, getting his website URL out there.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:13 AM   #3900
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Who is this other guy?
The guy who got injured in pre-season and triggered the whole trade scenario

he will take Hillis' job this year after a few fumbles
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote