The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #101
Grumps
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post


All valid points, but the first 6 (Maybe not the first one. The Great Hunt is where I got hooked) and the last few are amazing. Dumai's Wells is probably one of the most bad ass sections of literary history.

Like I said earlier, it hit a lull for a while after that, but I REALLY think it was his Tor editor wife dragging out the cash cow.

Besides, once Saidin got cleansed (another amazing scene) it was full speed ahead again. I still don't know how they're going to cover the remaining plot lines with 1 more book... Tarmon Gaidon is going to ****ing sweet at least.

Half the Forsaken are still alive, who killed Asmo? Who is Taim? Is Logain going to kill him and take the black tower? Will the Seanchan leash Rand for the last battle? etc

Oh and the rights have been bought and sold a dozen times over. No one can figure out how to make such an intricate and massive story. TV would work, but it'd take like 10 seasons and a monster budget to do it right.
Eh, things slowed down between books 8-10...I think it was mostly the wait between books made the books worse than they were. I am rereading the entire series and am interested to see if my opinion on books 8-10 has changed.

Either way, Sanderson has done an admirable job so far, I think. I really enjoyed the last two books. Really am looking forward to the conclusion, but am worried that a lot will be rushed in order to fit it in one book.

As to your questions...SPOILERS AHEAD.....






Graendal killed Asmo (definitive proof in the last book). Taim is Taim...new dreadlord trained by/working for Moridin. I wondered what happened to Logain in the last book. I am beginning to think Taim might have captured him and it will take the Logain followers to break him free. One of the plots I am looking forward to seeing the resolution on. It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Seanchan and what plays out with the Aiel (given Aviendha's vision).

No way a movie would ever do the series justice. Perhaps a mini-series, but I doubt that ever happens either.
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #102
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,654
Default

Hopefully, episode 2 wasn't so hard to follow.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #103
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
Eh, things slowed down between books 8-10...I think it was mostly the wait between books made the books worse than they were. I am rereading the entire series and am interested to see if my opinion on books 8-10 has changed.

Either way, Sanderson has done an admirable job so far, I think. I really enjoyed the last two books. Really am looking forward to the conclusion, but am worried that a lot will be rushed in order to fit it in one book.

As to your questions...SPOILERS AHEAD.....






Graendal killed Asmo (definitive proof in the last book). Taim is Taim...new dreadlord trained by/working for Moridin. I wondered what happened to Logain in the last book. I am beginning to think Taim might have captured him and it will take the Logain followers to break him free. One of the plots I am looking forward to seeing the resolution on. It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Seanchan and what plays out with the Aiel (given Aviendha's vision).

No way a movie would ever do the series justice. Perhaps a mini-series, but I doubt that ever happens either.
Meh, I've read all those before, but there aren't any definitive answers on either yet.

What "proof" do you have that Graendal did it? I clearly missed that! (Edit: WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF they put it in the ****ing glossary? I was expecting a book reveal considering it became such a HUGE issue for years for something RJ thought was "inherently obvious" in the story... FML, that's weak)

I was hoping Taim killed him
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #104
Grumps
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Meh, I've read all those before, but there aren't any definitive answers on either yet.

What "proof" do you have that Graendal did it? I clearly missed that! (Edit: WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF they put it in the ****ing glossary? I was expecting a book reveal considering it became such a HUGE issue for years for something RJ thought was "inherently obvious" in the story... FML, that's weak)

I was hoping Taim killed him
I suspected her when she told Sammael definitively that Asmo was dead (I think in the 7th book). But that wasn't proof.

Shaidar Haran also says in one of the last chapters of the last book that Graendal is responsible for the deaths of 3 of the Forsaken (implication...Aran'gar, Messanna, and Asmo).
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #105
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
I suspected her when she told Sammael definitively that Asmo was dead (I think in the 7th book). But that wasn't proof.

Shaidar Haran also says in one of the last chapters of the last book that Graendal is responsible for the deaths of 3 of the Forsaken (implication...Aran'gar, Messanna, and Asmo).
..........how the hell was Graendal responsible for Mesaana's condition?! The dream spike she gave Slayer? Still doesn't fit... Egwene smoked Mesaana head to head.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #106
Grumps
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
..........how the hell was Graendal responsible for Mesaana's condition?! The dream spike she gave Slayer? Still doesn't fit... Egwene smoked Mesaana head to head.
Yes, the dream spike. Because she didn't finish Perrin and allowed him to move the dream spike which prevented Mesaana from escaping. It's been a while since I read the book, but I think early on Moridin warned Graendal about being careful with the spike.
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #107
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,364

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Meh, I've read all those before, but there aren't any definitive answers on either yet.

What "proof" do you have that Graendal did it? I clearly missed that! (Edit: WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF they put it in the ****ing glossary? I was expecting a book reveal considering it became such a HUGE issue for years for something RJ thought was "inherently obvious" in the story... FML, that's weak)

I was hoping Taim killed him
I always got the impression from RJ's online notes that he never intended it to become such a mystery. It's a bit like Boba Fett. A random little bit that suddenly becomes really important in fan's minds.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #108
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,364

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
Taim is Taim...new dreadlord trained by/working for Moridin.
Problem with that is that Taim once called the Aiel the "So-called Aiel". Only someone from the Age of Legends would call the Aiel so-called.

My guess is Sammael in deep cover, or even Moridin himself.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #109
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic
 
s0phr0syne's Avatar
 
Absorb and Redirect

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Started watching the series yesterday, just finished episode 9 today



Obvi, I dig it!
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #110
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Started watching the series yesterday, just finished episode 9 today



Obvi, I dig it!
Great bump. Completely loving this show. Mind=blown over Sunday night's ending.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #111
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 5,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

I just watched shows 1-6. What a great show. Looking forward to the rest.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #112
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,367
Default

I bought the books. It makes some semblance of sense now.

I hate Sansa, by the way.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #113
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,448

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

After the first show i was like meh, but now im diggin it. Man I hope that neds daughter kills geophry. Hate that kid. Please don't spoil it for me. Love that dwarf too.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #114
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 5,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
After the first show i was like meh, but now im diggin it. Man I hope that neds daughter kills geophry. Hate that kid. Please don't spoil it for me. Love that dwarf too.
The only Lancaster I like.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #115
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,693

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I bought the books. It makes some semblance of sense now.

I hate Sansa, by the way.

Sansa grows. If nothing else, Martin is a master of character development. If anything, the man spends too much time on it, ha!
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #116
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,693

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
The only Lancaster I like.
Lannister >.>
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #117
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 5,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Lannister >.>
thank you
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #118
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

This **** is my show right now. Must see TV. Down with Joffrey.

And I agree, Peter Dinklage may be the best part of the show.

"Preferably when I'm 80, lying in my bed with a belly fully of wine and a woman's mouth around my cock."

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 06-14-2011 at 09:52 PM..
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #119
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 5,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
This **** is my show right now. Must see TV. Down with Joffrey.

And I agree, Peter Dinklage may be the best part of the show.

"Preferably when I'm 80, lying in my bed with a belly fully of wine and a woman's mouth around my cock."
My favorite quote, "I'm going to eat, drink and whore my way to an early grave."
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #120
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM

Dont watch this link if you didnt watch last week!!!

If you did, you MUST watch this link
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #121
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,593

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM

Dont watch this link if you didnt watch last week!!!

If you did, you MUST watch this link
I had the same exact reaction when I first read the book.
Too bad my roomie didnt have a camera at hand.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #122
KevinJames
Peyton Taking us to SB 13
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Great bump. Completely loving this show. Mind=blown over Sunday night's ending.
Yeah this show is epic

my jaw dropped at the end.

I hope the blood magic works Khal Drogo and the Caleesi are favorites of mine I can't wait to see what they do with that story line.

bottom line tho awesome show.

Last edited by KevinJames; 06-15-2011 at 12:48 AM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:10 AM   #123
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Yeah this show is epic

my jaw dropped at the end.

I hope the blood magic works Khal Drogo and the Caleesi are favorites of mine I can't wait to see what they do with that story line.
bottom line tho awesome show.

The Khaleesi is an interesting character. She is a favorite of mine. Tough chick.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:28 AM   #124
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
You've got it backwards. Wheel of Time is murder.
Jordan had a great mind and was a awesome writer. the thing about him however was the series didnt need soe much uneccessary... they just droned on and on at times to no end. So much infact that i got lost ... but then again i have been reading his books since 94 and it would take almost forever before he would release another one. so it was hard to keep up with minor characters
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:14 AM   #125
Grumps
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
The only Lancaster I like.
Give it time.

I may not care for Martin's views or dedication to finishing the series, but he is great at developing characters. The shades of gray and character development are really well done in the series and probably the main reason for its success.
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Denver Broncos