The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #101
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Oh ya that's what I said.... We got some real reading comprehension genius' here don't we.

It's different, it comes down to personal choice. We got a whole planet to live on unless of course you are frozen my nationalism which seems to be the case for most of you. Enjoy you limited lives ruled by fear and propaganda.

Me I'm off to Cuba soon....
I'm locked in by my xenophobia but the rest of you f'ers should get the hell out while you can. This is a spooky, scary place. We need to look out for those less fortunate too and make sure they're safe so make sure to grab a homeless person as well as an illegal on your way out. Again, I am ashamed that my xenophobia limits me in how I look after my family's well being and safety. Thank God I cling to my guns and my bible. I will hold off the hordes while you guys make a break for it.

Wait, they have taken the bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming. FLY YOU FOOLS!!
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #102
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I'm locked in by my xenophobia but the rest of you f'ers should get the hell out while you can. This is a spooky, scary place. We need to look out for those less fortunate too and make sure they're safe so make sure to grab a homeless person as well as an illegal on your way out. Again, I am ashamed that my xenophobia limits me in how I look after my family's well being and safety. Thank God I cling to my guns and my bible. I will hold off the hordes while you guys make a break for it.

Wait, they have taken the bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming. FLY YOU FOOLS!!


Post may be prophetic.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #103
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

OPPORTUNITIES: WHY LOS CABOS/PUERTO VALLARTA & THE RIVIERA
NAYARIT?


The answer is simple and old fashioned: SUPPLY AND DEMAND.


The areas of Los Cabos/Puerto Vallarta/Riviera Nayarit inside the
Bay of Banderas is an investor‚s dream. This area has the
comprehensive infrastructure in place, world class hospitals and
dental care, natural investment protection from the Sierra Madre
Mountains, endless future water supply, low to nonexistent crime,
international airport, and limited supply inside the Bay, first
class private bilingual schools and higher than average
appreciation potential. Like many areas in Mexico there is large
demand for full and part time retirement living and a lot of
construction underway to meet this demand. Pre construction of
course is where the best bargains are available.


I would offer a word of caution for investors in Mexico. Do not
be seduced by the endless natural beauty that is everywhere, both
inland in colonial towns and along thousands of miles of beach.
Apply conservative medium and long term investment strategies
without emotion. The demand for full and part time living by
American and Canadian Baby Boomers is evident throughout the
country. The top two choice locations are ocean front, and ocean
view. The third overall choice, which is less expensive, is
inland in one of the many beautiful colonial towns or small
cities.


Mexico, with the world‚s 13th largest GDP, is no longer a „Third
World Country‰, but rather a fast growing, economically secure
state, as the most recent five-year history of its financial
markets when compared to the U.S.A.‚s financial markets
suggests.


DOW JONES AVERAGES
MAY 2004 10,200 MAY 2009 8,200 20% LOSS IN 5
YEARS


MEXICAN BOLSA
MAY 2004 10,000 MAY 2009 23,000 130% GAIN IN 5
YEARS
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #104
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Oh ya that's what I said.... We got some real reading comprehension genius' here don't we.
That is exactly what you are saying so don't try to sugar coat it. Oh wait, you are.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #105
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

No I'm sayin;

"Having separate self consciousness doesn’t mean you are really separate, but
it does mean having a total ‘illusion’ of separateness from everyone and everything
else in the Universe. And when a person truly believes they are separate, they naturally
focus on themselves. And when someone believes they are separate, and they
focus their attention, and their energy, on their ‘self’, this naturally leads to ‘self’-
ishness. This is very important my son, pay close attention. This is the BIG issue.
The Big problem of all problems. The only REAL problem. As silly and simple as
it sounds, it is serious - simple selfishness is the root of all problems and ‘evils’
that exist on Earth. This is one of the greatest, most important teachings to understand,
so say it back to me - selfishness is the root of all problems and ‘evils’ that
exist on Earth.”
“Ok. Selfishness is the root of all problems and ‘evils’ that exist on Earth.”
“Good. And again, how does this selfishness come to exist?”
“Uh...”
“Where there is such separate consciousness as humans have, everyone perceives
everyone else in an ‘us and them’, and a ‘me against the world’ fashion.
When this occurs, which it naturally must with separateness, there will naturally be
attempts to get, or take, from others, and keep others from getting what you have.
It is perfectly natural, and in its own warped way, logical. And where does it all
leave us? Where there is separateness and selfishness, there will be strife, discord,
injustice, taking from others, harm to other beings, creatures, the environment,
etc.. So when someone says something about the problems of the world being
from political parties, or greed, or money, or war, or lust, or vanity, or carelessness,
or whatever, what do you say?”
“That they are only branches. The root of all problems, all evil, all suffering,
is selfishness.”
“And why is there selfishness and thus all these evils?”
“Because it is the natural outcome of separate self consciousness - of thinking
you are separate from the Universe, and thus all things in existence.”
“And so what is the only cure for evil, suffering, and all problems?”
“Losing separate consciousness and selfishness by regaining consciousness of
our Oneness with everything. Universal Consciousness.”
“And how can one regain Universal Consciousness?”
“Through Unselfish Love, self-sacrifice, caring, giving, seeing the illusions of
self consciousness that we carry with us in our mind, and breaking them.”
“Please don’t let the teachings that promote Oneness be misunderstood as
promoting a ‘one world religion or government’ where oneness and peace are
enforced by human rule or dogma. Nothing could be further from what we mean
to convey. We are first of all proponents of freedom, and free will. I’m talking
about an internal way of being, a consciousness, that includes sensitivity, compassion,
and freedom - and caring about all people, creatures, all creation, as much as
you do about your self.
“Are you saying all governments are bad?”
“No. Just incomplete, and that they won’t ever solve all the problems, or work
properly unless people themselves changchange inside. Certainly, some governments are
formed just to wield power for an elite group over the people. But sometimes gov
ernments are formed to administer, and insure justice between all the separate
beings it controls, but no form of government can really ‘work’, or last, when separate
consciousness exists. Why? Because the people running the government
have the same separate consciousness, and when they get power, you see the worst
of selfishness, and they can appeal to the selfishness in the populace, to get what
they want. When you stop and think about these things it is easier to understand
why the Children teach that only when all people have Universal Consciousness,
and everyone is primarily governed from within by the Universal Spirit, will there
ever be peace & harmony, and freedom from tyranny on Earth.”
“Why did you say it that way - on Earth.”
“Because there is so much more, and the Earth is just...."

- The Children of the One

Last edited by baja; 05-23-2011 at 10:13 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #106
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

These stats tell the story as much as Felix Hernandez's Win Loss ratio told his story last year.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #107
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Are you people getting your **** and getting the f out yet? Are you grabbing illegals and the homeless by the shirt collar, piling them a few hundred deep into a trailer and making for the border yet? You better because s### is starting to get real up in here.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #108
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,324

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I'm just trying to pick out a nice spot for my golden years. Here's a nice crib:



Of course, communal living also has advantages:



Screw that. I'll stick with the resorts.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:01 AM   #109
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Googled slums in usa;


http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&so...q=slums+in+usa
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #110
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Nationalism is the problem.

I consider myself a citizen of the world.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #111
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Even the prisons are better in Mexico;

(AP) MEXICO CITY (AP) — Police have discovered a bar at prison in northern Mexico that served beer, tequila and vodka to inmates.

A spokesman for Chihuahua state's prosecutor for prisons says the deputy director of the prison where the bar was discovered has been fired. Spokesman Jorge Chaires said Wednesday that guards at the low-security prison are under investigation.

The bar was discovered Monday at the prison in Chihuahua city, the state capital. Federal police and state authorities confiscated 200 beer cans, 12 bottles of tequila and 20 bottles of vodka. The bar also had a billiard table.

Seventeen inmates, meanwhile, have escaped from another northern Mexican prison, apparently using a tunnel they had dug from the laundry room.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #112
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,300

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Lol, escaped convicts.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #113
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

I guess Mexico would be so bad... if you didn't have to hear that crap-ass spanish all the ****ing time. mother ****ing anoying. Makes my head hurt even worse than bad country music. Which is still amazing to me... I didn't think anything would make my head worse than bad ****ing country music.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #114
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
I guess Mexico would be so bad... if you didn't have to hear that crap-ass spanish all the ****ing time. mother ****ing anoying. Makes my head hurt even worse than bad country music. Which is still amazing to me... I didn't think anything would make my head worse than bad ****ing country music.
Are you implying there is good country music?


Actually I do like some of the older country. Don Williams, Willie Nelson, Waylon.

Listened to a ton of country when I lived in Cripple Creek CO.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #115
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Are you implying there is good country music?


Actually I do like some of the older country. Don Williams, Willie Nelson, Waylon.

Listened to a ton of country when I lived in Cripple Creek CO.
Well there is the man in black, but it seems any good country is really more actually folk.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #116
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Not a big fan of Jonny Cash the singer like the man though.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #117
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Weird, I just saw the ice cream truck go down my street. Haven't seen this though...



http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...eize-narcotank
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #118
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,549

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Related slow Wednesday in Mexico news:

29 Killed in Drug Shootout
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #119
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

28 drug gang members killed each other, how is that a bad thing?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #120
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
28 drug gang members killed each other, how is that a bad thing?
There are 28 more to step in and fill their "positions" in the gang. This **** doesn't happen in the U.S., even as bad as our "gang" problem is. Sugar coat it all you want, but there just isn't a comparison.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #121
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,549

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

From TFA:

"In Michoacan, officials said more than 700 people fled their villages amid fighting between rival drug traffickers, which appeared to be unrelated to the Nayarit conflict.
Michoacan state Civil Defense Director Carlos Mandujano said Wednesday that the villagers were given refuge at five shelters.
It is at least the second time a large number of rural residents have been displaced by drug violence in Mexico. In November, about 400 people in the northern border town of Ciudad Mier took refuge in the neighboring city of Ciudad Aleman following cartel gunbattles. That shelter has since been closed and most have returned to their homes."
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #122
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

http://www.yale.edu/gsp/publications/02_Kiernan.pdf
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #123
v2micca
Ring of Famer
 
v2micca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Uh, that is another thread topic. If you want to complain about American handling of foreign conflict you may have a legitimate argument. But, that is a completely separate discussion. I thought we were discussing quality of life in Mexico vs. America. If you want to make a rebuttal to the good Doctor's last post, please link to a relevant article.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:39 AM   #124
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

They are both wars. Gangs in Mexico are at war with each other.

We (USA) like to fight our wars in someone else's yard.

But make no mistake the danger in Mexico is because of a war and it will end eventually.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #125
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

The war is about market share for the huge demand for illegal drugs by the US population and the US provides the assault weapons to make the war more efficient.

Not to mention scaring US citizens into spending their winter vacation dollars at home.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Denver Broncos