The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #151
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?288106-Sarah-Palin-Tea-Party-wouldn-t-exist-without-President-Obama..

Prime example of the difference between tea parties. Sarah Palin a leader of the teaocons states the tea party would not exist without President Obama.

As I stated earlier in the thread, the original tea party started 2007. It was in response to the tarp bailout.

Just read several posts in the thread. Everyone is railing on Palin and the teaocons stating they weren't there during bush years. One person even states the tea party (implied teaocons) would not exist if it weren't for Obama simply cause the reps do not care what happens while they have one of their own in office... Kinda like all those anti war dems that seem to have disappeared now that they got one of their own in office.

There is a difference in the tea parties. All you have to do is open your eyes to see it. There isn't much of a difference between, if any, between a majority of reps and dems. Its okay though. Keep your eyes closed and vote for your team.

Last edited by BABronco; 04-17-2011 at 11:26 PM..
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #152
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABronco View Post
ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?288106-Sarah-Palin-Tea-Party-wouldn-t-exist-without-President-Obama..

Prime example of the difference between tea parties. Sarah Palin a leader of the teaocons states the tea party would not exist without President Obama.

As I stated earlier in the thread, the original tea party started 2007. It was in response to the tarp bailout.

Just read several posts in the thread. Everyone is railing on Palin and the teaocons stating they weren't there during bush years. One person even states the tea party (implied teaocons) would not exist if it weren't for Obama simply cause the reps do not care what happens while they have one of their own in office... Kinda like all those anti war dems that seem to have disappeared now that they got one of their own in office.

There is a difference in the tea parties. All you have to do is open your eyes to see it. There isn't much of a difference between, if any, between a majority of reps and dems. Its okay though. Keep your eyes closed and vote for your team.
you are just making it worse on Ron Paul , he started this whole tea party crap but wasnt strong enough to hold it , or prevent it from bein hijacked , and you goofballs still insist he would be a great leader , he cant lead a group of rednecks , yet you peoples think he can lead a nation ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #153
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
It's hard to argue the TP is nothing more than a neocon Trojan horse.
I disagree. It's short sighted to think all democrats are liberal, that all republicans conservative and so on. That all democrats are ethnic and the all repupublicans aren't and yadda-yadda-yadda....or in general that any group "always" does anything

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 04-18-2011 at 09:42 AM..
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #154
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #155
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I disagree. It's short sighted to think all democrats are liberal, that all republicans conservative and so on. That all democrats are ethnic and the all repupublicans aren't and yadda-yadda-yadda....or in general that any group "always" does anything

The Tea party faithful are not supporting Paul.

Look at who they are supporting. The Tea Party left Paul behind, which is no surprise.....remember how few votes he got running for President, despite excellent fund raising: 42,426 [0.03%]

Why was he not the choice of the Libertarian party?

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #156
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

For now, it's difficult to tell the difference. Why does Paul run as a Repub instead of a Libertarian?
Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #157
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Ballot access laws in Texas and the fact that he owns his district as it is non-competitive.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #158
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
So 62% of the Tea-baggers supportors have less then 2 years of college education. I bet if you ask them they also have non favorable view of individuals that have hold four year college or grad school educations.
I wish education were a priority in America.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #159
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
The Tea party faithful are not supporting Paul.

Look at who they are supporting. The Tea Party left Paul behind, which is no surprise.....remember how few votes he got running for President, despite excellent fund raising: 42,426 [0.03%]

Why was he not the choice of the Libertarian party?

You have an error of assumption. You assume the printed study is correct.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #160
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Ballot access laws in Texas and the fact that he owns his district as it is non-competitive.
That may be changing, he's being attacked by the Tea Party.

WASHINGTON - Even anti-government icon Ron Paul can't escape the conservative "Tea Party" fervor stretching across the county.
Quote:
And Paul - who understands a thing or two about grass-roots politics - took a more defensive stance last month in a letter to his supporters. Paul wrote that his opponents had "turned their attack dogs loose on me" and cautioned that the anti-Washington sentiment could take him out as well.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/polit...draws-9282.ece
Old 04-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #161
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

The Tea Party used to be for ending the wars of aggression, ending the Federal Reserve Bank, ending the war on drugs, and ending all other abuses of liberty. They believed Congress should repeal the Patriot Act. They believed we should stop adding to the debt and unfairly placing the burden on our kids' futures. Anybody that deviates from those beliefs isn't part of the original tea party. They joined in 2009 or later and hi-jacked the party.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #162
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
You have an error of assumption. You assume the printed study is correct.
It's not a 'study', it's a poll. Error is about 3%, +/- which is normal.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #163
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
I wish education were a priority in America.
It used to be, then sometime in the last 25 years it because elitist and
American public turned away from it.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #164
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

Quote:
For now, it's difficult to tell the difference. Why does Paul run as a Repub instead of a Libertarian?
From listening to paul, I'd say the reason he runs as a rep is because the libertarian party has constantly been a joke. Another reason would probably be he gets A LOT more exposure as a rep. In oklahoma, where I lived the last voting session, if you wanted to vote for pres it was either obama or mccain. There was literally no other choice. This two party system we have makes it incredibly difficult for any third party to form and be taken seriously, and imho they planned it that way. Less competition and they barely have to be different to have a divided populace.

I'm glad Paul ran rep and hopefully will again. I never would have heard of him or been exposed to his ideas. Had he ran libertarian or constitutionalist nobody would be talking about him today. I know very few people who can name on spot either of the candidates from those parties, or even the green party.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #165
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The Tea Party used to be for ending the wars of aggression, ending the Federal Reserve Bank, ending the war on drugs, and ending all other abuses of liberty. They believed Congress should repeal the Patriot Act. They believed we should stop adding to the debt and unfairly placing the burden on our kids' futures. Anybody that deviates from those beliefs isn't part of the original tea party. They joined in 2009 or later and hi-jacked the party.
This +
Old 04-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #166
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
From listening to paul, I'd say the reason he runs as a rep is because the libertarian party has constantly been a joke. Another reason would probably be he gets A LOT more exposure as a rep. In oklahoma, where I lived the last voting session, if you wanted to vote for pres it was either obama or mccain. There was literally no other choice. This two party system we have makes it incredibly difficult for any third party to form and be taken seriously, and imho they planned it that way. Less competition and they barely have to be different to have a divided populace.

I'm glad Paul ran rep and hopefully will again. I never would have heard of him or been exposed to his ideas. Had he ran libertarian or constitutionalist nobody would be talking about him today. I know very few people who can name on spot either of the candidates from those parties, or even the green party.
Ron Paul ran for President in 1988 as a Libertarian. He's for the exact same things in 1988 which would have prevented a lot of the problems with our current government. Ron Paul is a true Libertarian.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #167
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

Quote:
Ron Paul ran for President in 1988 as a Libertarian. He's for the exact same things in 1988 which would have prevented a lot of the problems with our current government. Ron Paul is a true Libertarian.

Yes he did. I love the interview where he yells at a bigger guy saying well maybe the government should regulate what you can or can't eat. I also agree he would have prevented a lot of what is wrong with this country. Again though, with the way the reps and dems have a stronghold on the system it is nearly impossible to gain a step for any third party.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #168
mosca
grand pubah

honest optimism

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bubby Brister

The problem with the Tea Party was when it became a trademark, a brand name, a labelled 'movement'. Back when Ron Paul started the tidal wave back in 2007 people were genuinely interested in his ideas and passionate about it. Then it got co-opted by the Koch Brothers and other Republican bandwagon-hoppers. Now newcomers like Rand Paul now have to play the dangerous balancing game of balancing compromising your original values to gain acceptance and outright selling out.

I prefer the 2007 tea party movement to this new 'Tea Party'. They're trying too hard to make it a new political party and instead forgetting what the sparked the original revolution.
mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #169
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosca View Post
The problem with the Tea Party was when it became a trademark, a brand name, a labelled 'movement'. Back when Ron Paul started the tidal wave back in 2007 people were genuinely interested in his ideas and passionate about it. Then it got co-opted by the Koch Brothers and other Republican bandwagon-hoppers. Now newcomers like Rand Paul now have to play the dangerous balancing game of balancing compromising your original values to gain acceptance and outright selling out.

I prefer the 2007 tea party movement to this new 'Tea Party'. They're trying too hard to make it a new political party and instead forgetting what the sparked the original revolution.
I could buy this , I was on the Ron Paul bandwagon until the Ron Paul letters got leaked out ...... bad ju ju there
Old 04-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #170
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default Excellent point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosca View Post

I think a lot of movements got co-opted the past 16 years. It's a tragic when you see good candidates corrupted and compromised.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #171
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I could buy this , I was on the Ron Paul bandwagon until the Ron Paul letters got leaked out ...... bad ju ju there
My Internet busted. PM me links.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #172
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
My Internet busted. PM me links.
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/ron-p...y-newsletters/
Old 04-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #173
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Goldman has their hand in making the regulations that prevent smaller competitors from competing.

well, look at Government Sachs go!

Goldman Sachs smashes forecasts with $2.7bn first-quarter profit

• Earnings per share of $1.56, against forecasts of 82 cents
• Bank sets aside $5.2bn to pay staff
• Figures hit by $5bn payout to Warren Buffett
• Boss Lloyd Blankfein 'wants to leave'

Assailed by critics on all sides, Goldman Sachs did what it does best on Tuesday, smashing estimates for its first-quarter results and setting aside $5.23bn (£3.2bn) to pay its staff.

The bank reported net revenues of $11.89bn and net earnings of $2.74bn for the first quarter which ended on 31 March, 2011. Profits were down 21%, held back by a payout to billionaire investor Warren Buffett, but the figures comfortably beat analysts' forecasts. Diluted earnings per common share were $1.56. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected Goldman to post first-quarter earnings of 82 cents a share, down from $5.59 a year earlier.

The bank's results were hampered by the decision to buy back $5bn of shares from Warren Buffett. The billionaire investor made a $5bn bet on Goldman at the low point of the financial crisis in a move that was seen as a major vote of confidence in the bank. Goldman bought back the preferred stock from Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway during the quarter, reducing its earnings by $1.6bn.

The $5.23bn set aside to pay salary, bonuses and other compensations was 5% lower than the money set aside by the bank in the first quarter of last year but 132% higher than the $2.25bn set aside in the last quarter. The ratio of compensation and benefits to net revenues for the first quarter of 2011 was 44%, compared to 43% for the same quarter last year.

"We are pleased with our first-quarter results," said Lloyd Blankfein, chairman and chief executive. "Generally improving market and economic conditions, coupled with our strong client franchise, produced solid results. Looking ahead, we continue to see encouraging indications for economic activity globally."

Excluding Buffett's payment, the firm posted a per share profit of $4.38. Investment banking revenues rose 5%, investment management revenues overall rose 16% to $1.3bn. Institutional client services revenues dropped 22%.

Last year's first quarter was a trading bonanza for many Wall Street banks and has proved hard to match with both Bank of America and Citigroup reporting big declines in trading revenues from the year-ago period. Goldman's arch-rival JP Morgan Chase managed to post strong trading results last Wednesday, especially in fixed income, currencies and commodities.

Goldman's results come as speculation mounts that Blankfein is considering stepping down. Friends told the New York Times that the 56-year-old is "exhausted" and would be leaving "when he could do so gracefully, without the move appearing to be anything but voluntary".

Last week Senator Carl Levin singled out Goldman for particular criticism after the publication of the 650-page bipartisan report, Wall Street and the Financial Crisis: Anatomy of a Financial Collapse.

Levin said "Goldman clearly misled their clients and they misled Congress," and said he would push for the department of justice to investigate whether criminal charges should be brought against Blankfein and other executives.

In a statement the bank said: "While we disagree with much of the report, we take seriously the issues explored by the subcommittee. We recently issued the results of a comprehensive examination of our business standards and practices and committed to making significant changes that will strengthen relationships with clients, improve transparency and disclosure and enhance standards for the review, approval and suitability of complex instruments."
Old 04-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #174
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The tea party are sheep, doing the work of wolves.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #175
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I had a similar reaction to his newsletters and his typical politicians response that it was someone else doing it without his knowledge.

From your link.
Quote:
Paul says he didn’t write the letters, that he denounces the words that appeared in them, that he was unaware for decades of what 100,000 people were receiving every month from him. That’s an odd claim on which to run for president: I didn’t know what my closest associates were doing over my signature, so give me responsibility for the federal government.