The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #2301
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

The New Orleans Times-Picayune's Mike Triplett does not expect the Saints to release Reggie Bush before the end of the league year on March 4.

"From all indications, they'll wait and work on possible extension or restructure," explains Triplett. Bush understands the Saints aren't going to pay his $11.8 million base salary, and both sides seem amenable to meeting in the middle. The Saints will have to offer guaranteed money and long-term security while Bush must realize he's not going to break the bank as an injury-prone role player.
Source: Mike Triplett on Twitter
Feb 24, 8:55 PM
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #2302
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Stanford Routt's three-year deal is worth $31.5 million, including $20 million over the first two years.

You read that correctly. No team in the league values Routt as highly as the Raiders. They managed to drastically overpay even though they were essentially bidding against themselves. Routt is a versatile corner sporting an impressive catch rate last season, but it's laughable to hand him two-thirds of Nnamdi Asomugha's salary.

Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter
Feb 24, 1:28 PM
This is one of the reasons Senator Rockefeller is asking the owners to show their financial books, something the players unions have been asking for a year and the owners refuse to do.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #2303
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Hearing unconfirmed strong rumors that a very high-profile agent was thrown out of Lucas Oil Stadium by security today and was handcuffed.

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/st...71921980551169
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #2304
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Clinton Portis: Redskins release coming today

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 28, 2011, 12:10 PM EST

Clinton Portis says today is his last day as a member of the Washington Redskins.

I should be released today, Portis said on 106.7 The Fan Monday morning, via Ryan OHalloran of CSNwashington.com. It was a decision that was best for the both of us.

The end comes for Portis after a 2010 season in which he played just five games and ran for a career-low 227 yards. Portis, who turns 30 in September, said he understands the NFL is a business and the Redskins simply decided he wasnt worth the $8.3 million he would have been due during the 2011 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-today/related
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #2305
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

BREAKING: #Jets will release Kris Jenkins, Vernon Gholston, Damien Woody and Jason Taylor, per sources. #nfl #nyj
33 minutes ago via web

There's a possibility #Jets may re-sign Jenkins, Gholston, Woody and/or Taylor to reduced salaries after they are cut, per sources #nfl #nyj
32 minutes ago via web
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #2306
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
BREAKING: #Jets will release Kris Jenkins, Vernon Gholston, Damien Woody and Jason Taylor, per sources. #nfl #nyj
33 minutes ago via web

There's a possibility #Jets may re-sign Jenkins, Gholston, Woody and/or Taylor to reduced salaries after they are cut, per sources #nfl #nyj
32 minutes ago via web

Vernon Gholston. What a bust.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #2307
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

I wonder if Fox would have interest in bringing Kris Jenkins in
Old 02-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #2308
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
This is one of the reasons Senator Rockefeller is asking the owners to show their financial books, something the players unions have been asking for a year and the owners refuse to do.
That's because they have the Anti-Trust exemption.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #2309
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post

Vernon Gholston. What a bust.
I have to admit I was enamored of the guy. I just liked that name "Gholston". I was thinking you gotta make that name stand out, Vern.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #2310
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Pats signed Marcus Stroud to 2 year deal....

The Patriots have signed veteran defensive tackle Marcus Stroud to a two-year contract, according to a report by ESPN's Adam Schefter this afternoon.
Stroud, a 10-year veteran and three-time Pro Bowl selection, was recently released by the Bills after three seasons in Buffalo. It is because he was released by the Bills -- and not scheduled to become a free agent due to an expired contract -- that the Pats were able to sign him. Teams have until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, the time the current CBA expires, to sign players that have been released by other clubs or re-sign their own free agents.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #2311
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Report: Carson Palmer claims he’ll never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stadium-again/

As the Bengals continue to kick tires on possible quarterback prospects, it’s becoming more clear that Carson Palmer won’t be playing the position (or any other) for the team in 2011 or beyond.

Dennis Janson of WCPO-TV in Cincinnati reports that Palmer recently told a confidant, “I will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again.” (Of course, if Palmer plays for a team that plays at the Bengals, then he will.)

Palmer reportedly added: “I have $80 million in the bank. I don’t have to play football for money. I’ll play it for the love of the game but that would have to be elsewhere. I’m prepared to live my life.”

The fact that the dispute between player and team went public shows that Palmer is serious about leaving. The sooner the Bengals realize that and trade him for whatever they can get, the better off everyone will be.

That said, they can’t trade him until the next league year begins, and the next league year most likely won’t begin until the labor situation is resolved.

Meanwhile, the only other quarterbacks on the roster are Jordan Palmer and Dan LeFevour.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #2312
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Report: Carson Palmer claims hell never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again

As the Bengals continue to kick tires on possible quarterback prospects, its becoming more clear that Carson Palmer wont be playing the position (or any other) for the team in 2011 or beyond.

Dennis Janson of WCPO-TV in Cincinnati reports that Palmer recently told a confidant, I will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again. (Of course, if Palmer plays for a team that plays at the Bengals, then he will.)

Palmer reportedly added: I have $80 million in the bank. I dont have to play football for money. Ill play it for the love of the game but that would have to be elsewhere. Im prepared to live my life.

The fact that the dispute between player and team went public shows that Palmer is serious about leaving. The sooner the Bengals realize that and trade him for whatever they can get, the better off everyone will be.

That said, they cant trade him until the next league year begins, and the next league year most likely wont begin until the labor situation is resolved.

Meanwhile, the only other quarterbacks on the roster are Jordan Palmer and Dan LeFevour.
80 mil in the bank. Wow to have that kind of nest egg.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #2313
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Palmer's still under contract for 4 more years at an average salary of $12 mil a year before bonuses. Good luck getting anyone to jump on that.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #2314
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I can see Palmer in an AZ uniform... heck, even a SF uni...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #2315
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Palmer's still under contract for 4 more years at an average salary of $12 mil a year before bonuses. Good luck getting anyone to jump on that.
Who'll have to? He's not playing for Cincy. They'll either have to pay him or cut him if they can't trade him.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #2316
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
Who'll have to? He's not playing for Cincy. They'll either have to pay him or cut him if they can't trade him.
Well they won't have to pay him if he doesn't show up to play, which he's vowed he won't.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #2317
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Former New Orleans Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey tweeted Thursday that he is going to join the Carolina Panthers.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #2318
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also Owen Daniels resigns with Texans.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #2319
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Report: Carson Palmer claims hell never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again

As the Bengals continue to kick tires on possible quarterback prospects, its becoming more clear that Carson Palmer wont be playing the position (or any other) for the team in 2011 or beyond.

Dennis Janson of WCPO-TV in Cincinnati reports that Palmer recently told a confidant, I will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again. (Of course, if Palmer plays for a team that plays at the Bengals, then he will.)

Palmer reportedly added: I have $80 million in the bank. I dont have to play football for money. Ill play it for the love of the game but that would have to be elsewhere. Im prepared to live my life.

That said, they cant trade him until the next league year begins, and the next league year most likely wont begin until the labor situation is resolved.

Lance Briggs said the same thing a couple years ago, he signed with duh bears once they showed him the $.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #2320
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Lance Briggs said the same thing a couple years ago, he signed with duh bears once they showed him the $.
But Carson's already in line for huge money for the next 4 years. It's really not about the money here.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #2321
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Bob Sanders bolts for the Bolts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-the-bolts/

After safety Bob Sanders was cut by the Colts, former Indy coach Tony Dungy suggested that Sanders possibly would return to the team after exploring the open market.

As it turns out, Sanders liked what he saw on the open market.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Sanders has signed a one-year deal with the Chargers.

Sanders also had visited the Jets, Bills, and Jaguars.

San Diego has had Indy’s number for years, and Sanders now brings inside information and, if healthy, a high degree of ability. Though the Chargers won’t face the Colts during the 2011 regular season, Sanders could get a shot at his former team in the postseason.

If there’s a postseason.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #2322
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

Quote:
Bob Sanders bolts for the Bolts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-the-bolts/

After safety Bob Sanders was cut by the Colts, former Indy coach Tony Dungy suggested that Sanders possibly would return to the team after exploring the open market.

As it turns out, Sanders liked what he saw on the open market.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Sanders has signed a one-year deal with the Chargers.

Sanders also had visited the Jets, Bills, and Jaguars.

San Diego has had Indys number for years, and Sanders now brings inside information and, if healthy, a high degree of ability. Though the Chargers wont face the Colts during the 2011 regular season, Sanders could get a shot at his former team in the postseason.

If theres a postseason.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=97241
Old 03-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #2323
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!

RF

The Raiders tendered one-year contracts to tight end Zach Miller and running back Michael Bush, their top two free agents.

Bush and Miller received restricted first- and third-round tenders, which were worth $3.168 million last season. It remains to be seen what the new figure will be because the league and the players have yet to work out a new collective bargaining agreement.

Bush and Miller are four-year players who earned less than $1 million each last season. Miller has led the Raiders in receiving each of his four NFL seasons. Bush has solidified himself as the primary backup to Darren McFadden.
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:35 AM   #2324
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Default Cooper figures he's gone

Quote:
Inside linebacker Stephen Cooper has started 55 games over the past four seasons, more than any Chargers defender besides Quentin Jammer and Shaun Phillips.

He has come a long way in eight years since signing with the Chargers as an undrafted free agent out of Maine -- from longshot to special teamer to backup to mainstay.

His run is likely over. It hasn't been made official, but he knows it.

"I think I'm going to have an opportunity to test the market," Cooper said Saturday.

Cooper has been rehabbing two sprained knees, which he played through for 11 games in 2010, including a masterful performance in the Chargers' Nov. 28 victory at Indianapolis. He said he is "excited" for the opportunity.

The Chargers are, likewise, excited to give Donald Butler a shot at a starting job after he missed his rookie season with a torn Achilles'. And they will likely make a strong run at keeping Kevin Burnett, who will also be an unrestricted free agent.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...res-hes-gone/#
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #2325
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Well they won't have to pay him if he doesn't show up to play, which he's vowed he won't.
I would guess that there are some roster bonuses and whatnot that would make it unattractive to keep him while he isn't playing.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote