The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #101
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
Does Miller have the hips to turn and run with a TE? He doesn't have to be able cover a guy like dallas clark, since teams play a 4-2-5 then, but still a guy like Zach Miller can get down the field.
He wasn't perfect in the drills I watched but he looked pretty damn good for a guy who wasn't asked to do it in college. I think he can cover, but he's a Will not a Sam.
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #102
Shananahan

It boggles my mind that people would rather draft a guy who would be moving to a position he's never really played than a potentially dominate defensive lineman with the second pick in the draft. Throw in that this guy is said to have trouble getting off blocks and stuffing the run and I understand it even less.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #103
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Does Miller have the hips to turn and run with a TE? He doesn't have to be able cover a guy like dallas clark, since teams play a 4-2-5 then, but still a guy like Zach Miller can get down the field.
Imo if any lb can it would be vonn but it is speculation. However on 3 rd. And long vonn would be better served chasing a qb than te
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #104
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
It boggles my mind that people would rather draft a guy who would be moving to a position he's never really played than a potentially dominate defensive lineman with the second pick in the draft. Throw in that this guy is said to have trouble getting off blocks and stuffing the run and I understand it even less.
I think he is the best pass rusher in the draft. We need that
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #105
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
No way he's a better prospect than Long, or anywhere close.
thats quite the exaggeration
They are similar players, but Long was a bit more polished
Watt weights about 15 lb more though
Neither of them are elite pass rushers

As far as being a 3-4 DE, Watt is pretty much just as good
Mayock generally knows what he is talking about
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #106
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Well, Watt will go nowhere near #2 like long, so I don't think it's an exaggeration at all.

Long had more sacks his last year in college than Watt has had in his entire college career.

Watt is much more comparable to Adam Carriker, who people also raved about coming out, than he is to Long.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #107
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
from all i have seen and read about the guy, he is good in coverage. he is one of the few OLB who have experience both in coverage and rushing the passer.

he is a dominant force that this front 7 desperately needs
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #108
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post

As far as being a 3-4 DE, Watt is pretty much just as good
Mayock generally knows what he is talking about
You do realize that in a 3-4 Long is more an OLB than a DE, right?

He's only strictly a DE in a 4-3 front, and it goes directly against his strengths. Guy should be in a 3-4. Here in St. Louis the beat writers frequently reference how Long was only selected because Shaw and/or Zygmunt (guys running the team then) were tied to his agent and knew they were on the way out of town at the end of the year.

He was a horrible selection at #2 for a 4-3 team. The Rams should have taken Matt Ryan and Long would have fallen to #6 and been taken by the Jets over Vernon Gholston.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #109
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Posting so I can access thread from my usercp
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #110
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
It boggles my mind too. He excelled by being quicker in college and I doubt he will have that same success.
I think people envision some studly LB who can do it all but he won't be that good.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #111
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

There is simply only one player in this draft that is can't miss and that is Patrick Peterson. Every other player has questions. I don't feel like at #2 you can pick a player that might not perform. Pick Petersen, and address the front 7 with the rest of the draft.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #112
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
There is simply only one player in this draft that is can't miss and that is Patrick Peterson. Every other player has questions. I don't feel like at #2 you can pick a player that might not perform. Pick Petersen, and address the front 7 with the rest of the draft.
I won't jump off a cliff if we take Bowers, Dareus, or even Fairley, but I pretty much feel the same way. Peterson is not going to miss, imo.

There is plenty of great front 7 help available with the next two picks.

Last edited by Dedhed; 03-01-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #113
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
NO!

we have been witness to the fact that a strong secondary doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't put pressure on the QB with your front 7.

we have marched out secondaries with guys who have been decorated with multiple pro bowls, all pros, and widely known as some of the best in the game, and with a weak front 7, it produced nothing.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #114
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
I won't jump off a cliff if we take Bowers, Dareus, or even Fairley, but I pretty much feel the same way. Peterson is not going to miss, imo.

There is plenty of great front 7 help available with the next two picks.
yes there are going to be front 7 players available in the draft in eash round we draft, but this team needs the best, not just bodies to plug into the defense. getting guys because they play positions of need, and not necessarily for talent is how our defense got this bad.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #115
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
yes there are going to be front 7 players available in the draft in eash round we draft, but this team needs the best, not just bodies to plug into the defense. getting guys because they play positions of need, and not necessarily for talent is how our defense got this bad.
You just argued with yourself.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #116
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
You do realize that in a 3-4 Long is more an OLB than a DE, right?

He's only strictly a DE in a 4-3 front, and it goes directly against his strengths. Guy should be in a 3-4. Here in St. Louis the beat writers frequently reference how Long was only selected because Shaw and/or Zygmunt (guys running the team then) were tied to his agent and knew they were on the way out of town at the end of the year.

He was a horrible selection at #2 for a 4-3 team. The Rams should have taken Matt Ryan and Long would have fallen to #6 and been taken by the Jets over Vernon Gholston.
I saw some scouting reports suggesting Long would be best as a 3-4 end around the time the combine he was in
he would of been more of a hybrid player I think anyways

but my point is that had Chris Long come out this year he likely wouldnt have gone in the top 3 and if you were to draft a player for a 3-4 defense I am not sure he would be a better choice than Watt
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #117
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
You just argued with yourself.
that was misworded in what i actually meant. what i was trying to get across was, right now we are in a position to very well get the very best DT in this draft, or the very best LB, the best CB. why spend the pick on a guy like Peterson when Corner is the one position on the field that can be completely avoided, and then hope there is quality front 7 guys still on the board? we have the pick we need to get the best in the front 7

he could be a Champ clone and lock down the opposite side of the field that Champ doesn't and it won't make one bit of difference, if our front 7 remains so terrible that opposing QBs have all day to decide what to do with the ball.

Peterson very well may turn into a beast at the position but right now, that would be a terrible way to use the number 2 pick. anyone who is picked at 2 needs to make an instant impact. CB can be completely ignored, but front 7 always is a concern.

Miller or Dareus has to be the pick
Old 03-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #118
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Posting so I can access thread from my usercp
Just subscribe to it.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:05 AM   #119
meangene
Ring of Famer

Miller said on NFL Network that he dropped into coverage about 40% of the time last year and more the year before. So, he has more experience in coverage than folks seem to think. He also looked very good doing that at the Senior Bowl.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:18 AM   #120
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Some Seahawks fan tried to tell me Peterson was too short today...

I laughed in his dumb ass face after I asked "wait, is Trufant good?" "Oh yeah, Trufant is a beast" "Trufant is 5'11'' dude..."
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #121
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
that was misworded in what i actually meant. what i was trying to get across was, right now we are in a position to very well get the very best DT in this draft, or the very best LB, the best CB. why spend the pick on a guy like Peterson when Corner is the one position on the field that can be completely avoided, and then hope there is quality front 7 guys still on the board? we have the pick we need to get the best in the front 7

he could be a Champ clone and lock down the opposite side of the field that Champ doesn't and it won't make one bit of difference, if our front 7 remains so terrible that opposing QBs have all day to decide what to do with the ball.

Peterson very well may turn into a beast at the position but right now, that would be a terrible way to use the number 2 pick. anyone who is picked at 2 needs to make an instant impact. CB can be completely ignored, but front 7 always is a concern.

Miller or Dareus has to be the pick

I want the player that actually is the best player in this draft with #2 pick. Whether it's biggest need or not.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 04-07-2011 at 10:32 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #122
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I want the player that actually is the best player in this draft with #2 pick. Whether it's biggest need or not.
Cant agree more!!! We cant affordor a player that "fills a hole", is a "solid contributer", or solidifies a position. We need someone at #2 that is SPECIAL! Anything less than special at #2 is a dissapointment at the least. Marcel to me is a player that will be solid borderline all pro. IMO Peterson/ Von Miller have the higher ceiling and potential to be all world. Dont get me wrong, Im a big fan of Dareus, who I think is solid....but do we roll the dice for something special instead, IDK.
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #123
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
oh wow....

not sure if i would like that....would sure make the draft interesting but i would not agree with it
Would be plenty happy with Von Miller at #4 and stock up on a couple solid Dlinemen plus a TE or RB with the first three 2nd rounders including 35, 36 and 46.

More bang for the buck in a draft that is so deep on the DL.. Will be some real talent left in the 2nd round.. perhaps one of which becomes as good as or better than Dareus and then we still have Miller stalking the opposing 3 AFC West QB's in their worst nightmares for the next 12 + years!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:02 AM   #124
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Peterson 4.32
Peterson<10
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:55 AM   #125
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Wow. That would be amazing.

Two studs on defense.

Use the third round pick for the best available safety.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote