The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #101
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Von Miller is my nightmare possibility.
Miller is a good prospect, but nowhere worth #2 overall. Wasn't there an article from the Senior Bowl week that said we were supposedly really high on him?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #102
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Miller is a good prospect, but nowhere worth #2 overall. Wasn't there an article from the Senior Bowl week that said we were supposedly really high on him?
Miller and Quinn are not good fits for DEN. Miller is Dumervil, except 3 inches taller and with shorter arms! Not sure why anyone would want 2 of the exact same player. Quinn is also a one trick pony. Pure pass rusher, who dominated lesser competition and had a ton of help with that DL to keep him free. Not a good effort run player, and real slow to read his keys. He is just the type of DL I do not draft early.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #103
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Miller and Quinn are not good fits for DEN. Miller is Dumervil, except 3 inches taller and with shorter arms! Not sure why anyone would want 2 of the exact same player. Quinn is also a one trick pony. Pure pass rusher, who dominated lesser competition and had a ton of help with that DL to keep him free. Not a good effort run player, and real slow to read his keys. He is just the type of DL I do not draft early.
Not really, Miller is 237 and wowed scouts at the combine in his coverage skills. He could VERY easily play an OLB role in a 4-3
Old 02-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #104
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Please just draft Dareus he is the surest thing to me
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #105
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

I still think Peterson wouldn't be a bad pick because the Broncos' secondary is old by league standards. But you can never have enough pass rushers and Da'Quan Bowers could be the next Julius Peppers. Dumervil, Ayers, and Bowers would be a great tandem. Bowers could slide inside on 3rd down like Justin Tuck and would allow Dumervil to be worked back into the game without rushing the injury.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #106
schaaf

Honestly....

If we get either,

Peterson
Bowers
Dareus
Fairley
Miller
Green

I'll be pretty damn happy on draft day.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #107
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Honestly....

If we get either,

Peterson
Bowers
Dareus
Fairley
Miller
Green

I'll be pretty damn happy on draft day.
If Broncos could drop down to where the cards are, gets an extra 2nd round pick, then grab a player like Miller, stick him at the weakside. Then you have 3 2nd round picks to target some size at DT, maybe a TE, maybe a safety. The safety from UCLA, the TE from Notre Dame, i think those 2 in a few years will be among the better players that came out this yr.

Talk about helping Tebow. A killer big TE that can do some chipping on the dends, grab him some key 3rd downs, and big and fast enough to scare safetys and CBS deep.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #108
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Not really, Miller is 237 and wowed scouts at the combine in his coverage skills. He could VERY easily play an OLB role in a 4-3
Yeah Miller a prototype 4-3 weakside linebacker. That would mean DJ probably on his way out. I don't see Fox wanting a weakside strongside linebacker etc etc. You draft Miller, then you stick woodyard as his bkup, you trade DJ for maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder? something like that? I don't know if he would be worth much more then that.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #109
serious hops
Developmental poster

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
Miller is a good prospect, but nowhere worth #2 overall.
Is anyone worth the number two overall besides Patrick Peterson?
serious hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #110
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Yeah Miller a prototype 4-3 weakside linebacker. That would mean DJ probably on his way out. I don't see Fox wanting a weakside strongside linebacker etc etc. You draft Miller, then you stick woodyard as his bkup, you trade DJ for maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder? something like that? I don't know if he would be worth much more then that.
DJ has always been amongst the top 3 defensive player on our team at any given time. Not enough talent around him to help him out.
At team with an already stout defense could complement with DJ in there...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #111
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious hops View Post
Considering how devoid this team is of talent on the front seven, even though Bowers and Fairley have their flaws, for this team they certainly are. Dareus as well. I'd prefer trading down and still being able to landing one of those players, Peterson included.

The Bowers/Peppers idea makes sense considering Fox's history, but maybe they are content with Dumervil and Ayers at end. Personally, I'd rather have one of the elite DT's to free up our ends with our first selection if they don't go Peterson.

There are a lot of solid edge rushers and ends in this draft and there will be good value there where we have our next selections. Go for the top tier DT if you can.

We need DT, DE, S, LB with our first four picks. Pending what happens with Harris we could use an OT and perhaps RB. Hopefully a new CBA is adopted quickly, otherwise we have a lot of holes to go and fill in the draft without the possibility of FA until after.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #112
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Disagree on Quinn. He missed a year, but some scouts think he's the same player as Bowers, albeit a bit lighter. Miller is an edge rusher mostly and he's on the small side, not sure how he'd fit here but we have bigger needs.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #113
Shananahan

Quote:
I've seen some Packer fans saying that Nick Barnett could be traded this offseason, some for as low as a 4th. I'd be all over that if I could for Denver.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #114
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Considering how devoid this team is of talent on the front seven, even though Bowers and Fairley have their flaws, for this team they certainly are. Dareus as well. I'd prefer trading down and still being able to landing one of those players, Peterson included.

The Bowers/Peppers idea makes sense considering Fox's history, but maybe they are content with Dumervil and Ayers at end. Personally, I'd rather have one of the elite DT's to free up our ends with our first selection if they don't go Peterson.

There are a lot of solid edge rushers and ends in this draft and there will be good value there where we have our next selections. Go for the top tier DT if you can.

We need DT, DE, S, LB with our first four picks. Pending what happens with Harris we could use an OT and perhaps RB. Hopefully a new CBA is adopted quickly, otherwise we have a lot of holes to go and fill in the draft without the possibility of FA until after.
I would go DT DE LB S/RB/OT. I agree I hope FA can happen before draft come on get CBA done.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #115
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Dareus?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #116
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Miller is a strong side LB in a 4-3.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #117
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
No.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #118
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:

This is a really long winded way of saying "No, unless you're willing to bypass better players and draft for need."
Old 02-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #119
serious hops
Developmental poster

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Dareus?
Yep. I was being sarcastic.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #120
serious hops
Developmental poster

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
No.
Is he, in fact, the best prospect ever?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #121
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Is he, in fact, the best prospect ever?
Champ and Deion were as good. Suh as well.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #122
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
I don't think so. Here's an intriguing scenario though. Newton is supposedly climbing the charts quickly and a great combine might push him up to this spot. If Carolina doesn't take him, speculation is that Buffalo would at #3. That might make Denver's #2 spot very attractive to teams wanting to trade up for a QB ahead of the Bills. IF we have any idea of trading back,they might land a nice haul if they wait long enough to see whether teams will outbid each other or not.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #123
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Miller is a strong side LB in a 4-3.
At 237 lbs? I don't think he's anything but a weak side backer at that size.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #124
serious hops
Developmental poster

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Do you guys think we should trade up to number one to make sure we get Peterson?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #125
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

What would be really sweet is if somebody like Arizona would swap us picks and we take 'em to the cleaners and still wind up with Peterson.