The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #26
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I didn't know Jim Kiick played for the Broncos.
On the day he was released by the Broncos his house burned down and his wife divorced him.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #27
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
On the day he was released by the Broncos his house burned down and his wife divorced him.
I saw that, too. It's like a bad country song.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #28
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

Our week 9 win over the expansion Buccaneers. The 0-8 Bucs actually led the game 13-10 midway through the 3rd quarter until the Broncos ran off 38 straight points to win 48-13.

B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #29
B-Love
Ring of Famer

Our second of two shutouts of the 1976 Chargers. We shut out Fouts twice in one season, pretty impressive. This game was in week 10 and got the Broncos to 6-4 at the time.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #30
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Love View Post
We get to 1-1, with the biggest home victory in team history, still is by the way. John Ralston's Broncos 46 Lou Holtz's Jets 3.

During this game, a key Jets executive suffered a heart attack at Mile High Stadium and died. True story.

Yeah I was at this game, 6 years old... I barely remember.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #31
B-Love
Ring of Famer

Opening day 1974. After losing the division title to the Raiders on the final Sunday of the 1973 season by 4 points, the Broncos were being picked by many to contend in the AFC.

But the schedule makers started Denver out with a murderous start, with this opener against the perennial power Rams, vs the Steelers in week 2 and at the Redskins on MNF in week 3.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #32
B-Love
Ring of Famer

Our first MNF appearance ever in 1973. As you watch this, please put to rest the nonsense that Don Meredith said, "Welcome to Mile High and I sure am". He never said that. But you can see he is drunk, total classic when Gifford says, "I better!!"

Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #33
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I didn't know Jim Kiick played for the Broncos.
he didn't play very well. (-:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...K/KiicJi00.htm

thanks BLove
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #34
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
This is a very underrated game in Bronco history. This game served as a major thorn in the players, leading to the ouster of coach John Ralston. Ralston never really knew the Offense, and when Offensive Coordinator Max Coley took ill in the 2nd quarter, the Broncos were left with no one to call the Offense. Offensive Assistants had to try to call the plays and it was a debacle. Veteran players went to management, incredulous that their head coach could not call the Offensive game plan. This is the game where Alzado, watching from home, threw his crutch through his TV screen. Alzado was lost for the year on the first series in Cincinnati.

I vividly remember watching this game on tv for some reason.

REP and keep it coming.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #35
InMyCornerOfTheWorld

Hey B-Love,

The "Sweet Revenge" and "Dolbin Scores!" clips are from yours truly; so cool to see you posted them here! Thanx much!!

I just posted a new video on my You Tube page called "An Orange Sunday To Remember". Check it out if you have a chance. It was the Broncos' amazing come-from-behind 37-34 win over the Seahawks in '79--truly one of the best comeback games I've ever seen. I dare anybody who thinks Elway was the only Broncos QB to pull off a feat like this to watch this!!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #36
B-Love
Ring of Famer

NFL Films awesomeness!!! 7 minutes of awesome football, sunny days and great colorful uniforms.

Opening Day 1975 was one of the most exciting games in team history!! Rookies Rick Upchurch and Jack Dolbin account for 4 TD's in a great last second shootout win!! I remember watching this as a 10 year old kid!!

Broncos win the shootout 37-33!!

Old 01-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #37
B-Love
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyCornerOfTheWorld View Post
Hey B-Love,

The "Sweet Revenge" and "Dolbin Scores!" clips are from yours truly; so cool to see you posted them here! Thanx much!!

I just posted a new video on my You Tube page called "An Orange Sunday To Remember". Check it out if you have a chance. It was the Broncos' amazing come-from-behind 37-34 win over the Seahawks in '79--truly one of the best comeback games I've ever seen. I dare anybody who thinks Elway was the only Broncos QB to pull off a feat like this to watch this!!
Yeah, I have all of those videos tool they are awesome. I've been collecting Broncos games for a long time now too!! Thanks for putting those on You Tube so all can see them!!

Last edited by B-Love; 01-16-2011 at 09:51 PM..
Old 01-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #38
B-Love
Ring of Famer

More history involving the Broncos. Through 1973, if a game ended with a tie after 60 minutes, it finished as a tie!! In 1974 the NFL enacted "Sudden Death". In week one there were no overtime games. In week 2 the Broncos and Steelers played a 75 minute tie, 35 apiece. Awesome game!!

Old 01-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #39
InMyCornerOfTheWorld

Quote:
Yeah, I have all of those videos tool they are awesome. I've beem collecting Broncos games for a lonf time now too!! Thanks for putting those on You Tube so all can see them!!
I've been collecting Broncos games for the past year, so right now it's still small. I enjoy making edits of the plays and posting them on You Tube because there's virtually nothing with pre-Elway Broncos on there unless it's the Super Bowl XII game. Your list is so impressive; some of those games I haven't even seen on the buy/sell websites so you're lucky to have them.

Recently I won a bid on the '78 Broncos yearbook, which is an item you rarely see. I also acquired two "Broncos Reports" newspapers from '78 as well. I love the rare Broncos stuff.

PS--Where in LI are you? I have lots of family out there (I'm originally from Glendale, Queens)
Old 01-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #40
InMyCornerOfTheWorld

Quote:
NFL Films awesomeness!!! 7 minutes of awesome football, sunny days and great colorful uniforms.

Opening Day 1975 was one of the most exciting games in team history!! Rookies Rick Upchurch and Jack Dolbin account for 4 TD's in a great last second shootout win!! I remember watching this as a 10 year old kid!!

Broncos win the shootout 37-33!!

I was one week old when this game originally aired. I LOVE the background music. And I didn't know that the "Big Orange" banner next to the NBC Sports one pre-dated the '77 season!!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #41
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Keep it up guys. I only have a few videos and hope to collect more so I can enter the conversation anytime someone brings up the 70s. Started in 1977 but as a 7 year old, you cant remember every detail.
BTW, if any of you have the 88 game vs the Rams, I believe the best run in Elway's history (before the helicopter in SB32) happens in this game as he scrambles from the 32 yard line to score and I believe it was on 3rd down of course. The game shows what Elway put up with Reeves' playcalling and then goes in Elway mode for the 4th quarter.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #42
InMyCornerOfTheWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Keep it up guys. I only have a few videos and hope to collect more so I can enter the conversation anytime someone brings up the 70s. Started in 1977 but as a 7 year old, you cant remember every detail.
BTW, if any of you have the 88 game vs the Rams, I believe the best run in Elway's history (before the helicopter in SB32) happens in this game as he scrambles from the 32 yard line to score and I believe it was on 3rd down of course. The game shows what Elway put up with Reeves' playcalling and then goes in Elway mode for the 4th quarter.
I wish I could help you there Broncocalijohn but the only '88 game I have is that debacle in Indianapolis on Monday Night Football Halloween night. The game where I cursed Eric Dickerson's name all night--and I was 13 at the time!!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #43
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyCornerOfTheWorld View Post
I wish I could help you there Broncocalijohn but the only '88 game I have is that debacle in Indianapolis on Monday Night Football Halloween night. The game where I cursed Eric Dickerson's name all night--and I was 13 at the time!!
Oh, that is one game I do have. Maybe start with the games we win first Nice to see ya around here but to make it easier, just call me BCJ. Less time on your keypad.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #44
B-Love
Ring of Famer

Another historical game. Our first ever win in Kansas City. Lost our first 11 trips to KC (1963 to 1973). Thanks to Steve Ramsey's solid relief job and two TD's from rookie Jon Keyworth, we get the win.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #45
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

10/5/75 Broncos @ Bills.....first Broncos game I ever attended, I was 9 yrs old.
They lost 38-14, but if anyone has any footage of that, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #46
InMyCornerOfTheWorld

Halftime segment on "Monday Night Football"--October 13, 1980--Denver vs. Washington. Don Meredith goes tailgating at Mile High to ask fans this proverbial question:

Last edited by InMyCornerOfTheWorld; 01-21-2011 at 07:13 PM..
Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #47
InMyCornerOfTheWorld

This was an Orange Sunday to remember, not to mention one of the greatest Bronco comeback wins of all time (and no, John Elway was NOT manning the troops on this one!)

Old 01-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #48
InMyCornerOfTheWorld

Bob Swenson

Old 01-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #49
InMyCornerOfTheWorld

Jon Keyworth

Old 01-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #50
InMyCornerOfTheWorld

Jack Dolbin