The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 02:06 AM   #26
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,847

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Let's be real here. Is there ever a DL you would pick with the #2 pick for a 3-4 defense? Obviously you want talent on the front 3 but given the roles you ask out of those 3, is that worth a #2 pick? I'd have to say NO. Do we need improvements on our front 3, hell yes we do, but not with the 2nd overall pick. Hopefully we can get a 2nd for Orton or even a 3rd. As it stands right now, I'd have to take Peterson and then go DL with #36 and #46. What we get for Orton, look at adding either a safety or a take a chance on a really fast RB that can be a home run threat.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #27
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Let's be real here. Is there ever a DL you would pick with the #2 pick for a 3-4 defense? Obviously you want talent on the front 3 but given the roles you ask out of those 3, is that worth a #2 pick? I'd have to say NO. Do we need improvements on our front 3, hell yes we do, but not with the 2nd overall pick. Hopefully we can get a 2nd for Orton or even a 3rd. As it stands right now, I'd have to take Peterson and then go DL with #36 and #46. What we get for Orton, look at adding either a safety or a take a chance on a really fast RB that can be a home run threat.
3-4 teams target linemen in the first all the time. That said, I do tend to agree that we shouldn't spend the #2 pick on one. Then again, as much as I like Peterson, I don't like the idea of drafting a corner at that slot either. God I hope we can trade down for some more picks. If we keep the 3-4 we can get a lot of good players for that scheme in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #28
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns
 
srphoenix's Avatar
 
The next TD

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 1,005

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default

Cotton bowl is tonight, will be fun to see how Peterson plays knowing that he's listed as the consensus number 2 pick in most drafts. Does Texas A&M have any big name receivers he'll be locked onto?
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #29
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
Cotton bowl is tonight, will be fun to see how Peterson plays knowing that he's listed as the consensus number 2 pick in most drafts. Does Texas A&M have any big name receivers he'll be locked onto?
A&M is staying away from him like everyone else.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #30
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
A&M is staying away from him like everyone else.
Not really. He got lulled to sleep and gave up 5 catches unofficially by my count. Plus, was underwhelming in run support all night. He played pretty poorly IMHO.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #31
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,905

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

After tonight's game, I'm in the trade down or take a DE/DT camp.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #32
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,029

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
After tonight's game, I'm in the trade down or take a DE/DT camp.
Dareus at #2 and that would be it for the DL, unless we change schemes and Fairley's talents could be utilized in the correct manner.

Still hoping for a trade down, but I'm still fine with Peterson even after tonight's game.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #33
Bronc62
Solid Starter
 
Bronc62's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Love this mock from a non-Denver guy and I think it could go down this way...A.J. Green #1 to Carolina and our man Patrick Peterson #2 to Broncos. Two best players in the draft, IMO.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php
Bronc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Denver Broncos