The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #976
Bad Reflexes

Um... Bman... Cassel wasn't in your starting lineup last night dude?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #977
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Yeah, late switch. Commish has it's privys!!!

Check out the scrolling banner on the website. The winner was announced this morning!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #978
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Congrats BR.

We gonna look at keeping this rolling so we don't get such a late start next year?
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #979
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
Congrats BR.

We gonna look at keeping this rolling so we don't get such a late start next year?
For sure!!!

Congrats to everyone and thank you for your participation. I think things settled in nicely. There are some "gaffs" with the site, but all in all I think it offers the best and most features for a league of our size. My plan is to continue with the current site, though we will add some by-laws for situations we encountered this year. If and when we get some consistency, I would love to eventually move to a keeper concept. With a league of this size I think it will be difficult but it is an added dimension for strategy!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #980
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Thanks to both comishes for putting in the leg work and listening to the gripes. It all turned out to be a pretty good time.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #981
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

I concur with Bowtown, I think for what ended up being a last minute deal for the most part...or at least a 9th hour deal it turned into a pretty good league.

When can we expect our little payouts, for those of us that got something?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #982
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I think next year will go much more smoothly in that we will start planning early on, if there is football.

I have been keeping notes of all the feedback so I will at some point get with Alex!

Congrats to all the players!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #983
Bad Reflexes

Default Thanks to everyone who got this league going...

I probably would have been without fantasy football if you guys hadn't let me sneak in! I really hope there isn't a player strike next year... that would suck in so many ways.

I must say I feel pretty fortunate! Thought I was toast when Bman's TE & D/ST dropped 39 on me. With my D/ST giving me a measly 3! In a panic on Sunday morning, I was forced to bench Megatron (who would have been canceled by Bman's "doppelganger" Megatron). In the hopes Britt would have a better game... I was very lucky there. Seemed like kind of a "down week" across the board for fantasy scoring. My Brother & I were at the Broncos game (Awesome!)... I kept checking my phone. But, (other than the 50 points I got in a span of about 5 minutes, care of Bowe & Britt) the scores never changed more than a point or two every 15 minutes.

I hope the site calculates points next week... I'd like to see if I can make 2,500 points! A memorable number to use as a benchmark for my future teams. I would also like to see if Megatron can get in front of Lloyd & Rivers can outscore Vick. If that happened it would mean right around week 5 (before the "TE Massacre"), my team rostered... The #1 QB, #1#2 & #3WR's, #1&#2TE's (you know they woulda been) and two top 12 RB's (Ray Rice was BY FAR the best RB to have in the playoffs IMO). That's ridiculous... I'll never luck into a team like this again!

The loss of Clark followed by Gates really brought my team down to earth. The beat down Floridian Broncos gave me the last week of the season followed by my 87 point Bye week, really had me worried. And CBF set his damn lineup. I just would have died if I lost to his team! I was so glad, I didn't have to play him!

Dropping a 190 on my Brother in the Conference Championship... Priceless

Great year to everyone who played it out! Thanks... you guys make it fun!

I'm already looking forward to next year! hopefully!

BTW... this site wouldn't happen to have "Playoff Capabilities" would it? Where you draft a new (limited roster) team for the playoffs? Just Curious...
Old 12-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #984
Bad Reflexes

Default Oh and Most Importantly!

I do have a jersey preference!

To commemorate the "Davis Division"... It seems only right to add another TD jersey to my Bronco wardrobe (Orange preferably or Blue would be 2nd... I already got an "away" #30 jersey)

And as far as the $... I'll take the "gift card", if it's like a Visa/MC type. If it's "store specific", I think I'd rather get the e-check thing.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #985
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
For sure!!!

Congrats to everyone and thank you for your participation. I think things settled in nicely. There are some "gaffs" with the site, but all in all I think it offers the best and most features for a league of our size. My plan is to continue with the current site, though we will add some by-laws for situations we encountered this year. If and when we get some consistency, I would love to eventually move to a keeper concept. With a league of this size I think it will be difficult but it is an added dimension for strategy!
Bad Reflexes and I used to have a 2x12 league (like this one) with One Keeper league, and one Non-Keeper league. They were independent save the final championship.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #986
sutoazul
Independently Owned

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I really enjoyed this league. Looking forward to next year guys. Congrats to the winner!!
sutoazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #987
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Reflexes View Post
I do have a jersey preference!

To commemorate the "Davis Division"... It seems only right to add another TD jersey to my Bronco wardrobe (Orange preferably or Blue would be 2nd... I already got an "away" #30 jersey)

And as far as the $... I'll take the "gift card", if it's like a Visa/MC type. If it's "store specific", I think I'd rather get the e-check thing.
Excellent choice! So I can't do anything until the end of the season. Everything as you recall is in league safe. I have to appropriate all of the funds at once so we have to wait until the pickem winner is final. I guess we can concede but I think we are within striking distance going into the final week.

Everyone will need to log into league safe and you yourself decide how you want to receive your prizes.

What I need to know from BR is if you want me to order the TD jersey or if you would prefer to get the entire amount and order the jersey yourself. Either way is fine with me, but if you want me to do the ordering, PM me your size and address and I will get it done!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:29 AM   #988
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Bad Reflexes and I used to have a 2x12 league (like this one) with One Keeper league, and one Non-Keeper league. They were independent save the final championship.
This actually worked pretty well since we only needed the "core" group of 12. And a second league for people who don't like keeper leagues, or may not be into "long term" commitment! But with the same playoff "finale" in a pseudo (MLB) AL/NL kinda way.

Last edited by Bad Reflexes; 12-30-2010 at 01:35 AM..
Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #989
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Congrats to the winner(s), and thanks for all participants and commissioner(s)

I'm also looking forward for next year...
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #990
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

We could make it into the champions league. All the playoff teams go into one conference, anyone else who wants to stay and all newcomers go into the other.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #991
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I think I know who the #1 pick should be next year...

http://football99.myfantasyleague.co...=points&TEAM=*
Old 01-04-2011, 04:14 AM   #992
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Bump for Tebow.

Was he the top scorer the last three weeks in Standard Scoring leagues too?

Just Curious.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #993
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I just sent an email out to all league owners. Your team names and names on the Leaguesafe account are different in many cases. Please PM me or respond by email with your correct name on league safe so I can make sure to get all the prizes out. Would like to get this done asap and have to do it all at once!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #994
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Alright Peeps! The money has all been put into your leaguesafe accounts. Up to you to decide how you want to receive your prizes. Just log into league safe and follow the prompts!

P.s. If you don't claim you prize in the next 5 minutes it will, by default, be donated to a super good cause...

j/k, about the 5 minute part. But do log in and collect your prizes!