The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #201
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Okay, now I'm on the computer (rather than my phone) so I'll try to answer everyone's questions in more detail.

1st is Doggcow's. I agree with McApa. The site is well worth the coin, plus I was able to talk them into giving us a pretty good discount. You'll note on leaguesafe that the amount I pulled for the league is less than what we originally obligated/appropriated. Right now it is difficult to use b/c several of the links are still being hooked up. You guys have no idea how much time I've spent attempting to remake the links, adjusting the layout, and setting up the league. In hindsight, I should have just dropped the extra money on a custom template. I may just do that still, even if some of it is out of my own pocket. It will be worth it as I plan on keeping the league going for years to come or as long as TJ gives us the go-ahead. So in part, I do agree with you guys that for a newcomer it's probably a little overwhelming. I've been playing on myfantasyleague for five years now so it's pretty familiar to me now. As far as a free site, nothing out there comes close to giving us the capability that myfantasyleague does.

Mock- The draft will be nothing like the mock drafts we have on the OM. It will be done through the fantasy site and will be "Live" and take all of two hours (give or take a little bit) to complete... Each owner will have 1 minute to draft their player. You can queue players so that when your turn comes, you can choose your player pretty quickly. PM me with your number and we can set up a time to do a quick 101 for the site. If anybody else would like the same thing send me a PM with a number to contact you and I'll be happy to give you a quick review.

Has anyone/everyone read the front page article on the league site? It covers some important topics.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:07 PM   #202
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Okay, now I'm on the computer (rather than my phone) so I'll try to answer everyone's questions in more detail.

1st is Doggcow's. I agree with McApa. The site is well worth the coin, plus I was able to talk them into giving us a pretty good discount. You'll note on leaguesafe that the amount I pulled for the league is less than what we originally obligated/appropriated. Right now it is difficult to use b/c several of the links are still being hooked up. You guys have no idea how much time I've spent attempting to remake the links, adjusting the layout, and setting up the league. In hindsight, I should have just dropped the extra money on a custom template. I may just do that still, even if some of it is out of my own pocket. It will be worth it as I plan on keeping the league going for years to come or as long as TJ gives us the go-ahead. So in part, I do agree with you guys that for a newcomer it's probably a little overwhelming. I've been playing on myfantasyleague for five years now so it's pretty familiar to me now. As far as a free site, nothing out there comes close to giving us the capability that myfantasyleague does.

Mock- The draft will be nothing like the mock drafts we have on the OM. It will be done through the fantasy site and will be "Live" and take all of two hours (give or take a little bit) to complete... Each owner will have 1 minute to draft their player. You can queue players so that when your turn comes, you can choose your player pretty quickly. PM me with your number and we can set up a time to do a quick 101 for the site. If anybody else would like the same thing send me a PM with a number to contact you and I'll be happy to give you a quick review.

Has anyone/everyone read the front page article on the league site? It covers some important topics.
If you say so. I've used Yahoo/CBS/ESPN/NFLN and never had the kind of problems ive been having with this one. Nor did I have a desire to really upgrage them. Capability is one thing, but the clunkyness of the site is just painful imo.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:07 PM   #203
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Last time I did a draft with Mock, he "mysteriously disappeared" around round 7. So, he pick would just revert to auto pick, which he hadn't set. It was fun to watch his picks - I think he ended up with three kickers.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #204
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
If you say so. I've used Yahoo/CBS/ESPN/NFLN and never had the kind of problems ive been having with this one. Nor did I have a desire to really upgrage them. Capability is one thing, but the clunkyness of the site is just painful imo.
So what exactly is your problem. "clunkyness" doesn't describe any real issues.

Honestly dude, you're welcome not to volunteer to play next year...nobody forcing you to play again, keep that in mind.

Last edited by Broncoman13; 09-02-2010 at 11:20 PM..
Old 09-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #205
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Last time I did a draft with Mock, he "mysteriously disappeared" around round 7. So, he pick would just revert to auto pick, which he hadn't set. It was fun to watch his picks - I think he ended up with three kickers.
, we've had some great battles in FF over the years. I wear a #13 Jersey to every OM Weekend game. I won that jersey in a league back in 2001/2002. My daughter wears a Bronco Head to school every "Crazy Hat" day, Philly can tell you how I got that one! That was probably 2002 as well.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #206
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
So what exactly is your problem. "clunkyness" doesn't describe any real issues.

Honestly dued, you're welcome not to volunteer to play next year...nobody forcing you to play again, keep that in mind.
The site in its entirety lol. I had to dig around to find the draft room. The left bar is essentially worthless, and cluttered with links and stuff that I will never use.

The top bar is way to small, and should definitely be flipped with the side bar.

There are also like 5 different places to click "standings" etc. It just seems like it could be easily streamlined with a few tweeks.

Not trying to be an ass, my gf is a web designer and always complains about stuff like this to me too.

Many of this is personal preference.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #207
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

OM

1.01 SodBusters
1.02 Sittin' on Your Lipps
1.03 Missing Striped Socks
1.04 PHILLYlikesBRONCO'SNUTz
1.05 DUDERStadt
1.06 ApaOps' Fightin Whities
1.07 Just DomCasual
1.08 Practice Squad Warriors
1.09 CBF1's Agent Orange
1.10 Floridian Broncos
1.11 I'm Thinkin RB's
1.12 Suck my Tebow

NPN
1.01 Mock's Marauders Pre-Draft Selection Made
1.02 Ky's Lax Wannabees
1.03 Worm's Orange Halos
1.04 Tebow's Holy Rollers
1.05 STG's Men in Tight Pants
1.06 BMan's Republic of the Gridiron
1.07 Cover Zero All Day
1.08 Drinking and Drafting
1.09 HAT
1.10 Raiders SUCK
1.11 Judean Peoples' Front
1.12 Arkie Sod Busters

What's the deal with Sod Busters? For a second there I thought Arkie was showing up in both leagues... was gonna freak!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #208
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
The site in its entirety lol. I had to dig around to find the draft room. The left bar is essentially worthless, and cluttered with links and stuff that I will never use.

The top bar is way to small, and should definitely be flipped with the side bar.

There are also like 5 different places to click "standings" etc. It just seems like it could be easily streamlined with a few tweeks.

Not trying to be an ass, my gf is a web designer and always complains about stuff like this to me too.

Yeah, this site has a ton of tools and it is not very intuitive to use. I was the Commish on this the last time, but Pez did all the heavy lifting with the site.

I see how it could be called clunky. I call it difficult to use. However, it does allow us to be more flexible than some of the other leagues you mentioned.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #209
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

But you are being an ass. JMO
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #210
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

You know the rule of 90/10 right McApa. Seems to apply here as well. You spend 90% of your time on 10% of the people.

As for the several different links doing the same function, I think the intent was to make sure everyone could easily find a link to take them to important functions such as submitting your line up.

As for finding the draft room... You put your cursor over the button on the top that says FOR OWNERS. The first four options are for the draft. Really, is it that hard?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #211
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
You know the rule of 90/10 right McApa. Seems to apply here as well. You spend 90% of your time on 10% of the people.
Hmmmm, I wonder who he's referring to?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #212
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
OM

1.01 SodBusters
1.02 Sittin' on Your Lipps
1.03 Missing Striped Socks
1.04 PHILLYlikesBRONCO'SNUTz
1.05 DUDERStadt
1.06 ApaOps' Fightin Whities
1.07 Just DomCasual
1.08 Practice Squad Warriors
1.09 CBF1's Agent Orange
1.10 Floridian Broncos
1.11 I'm Thinkin RB's
1.12 Suck my Tebow

NPN
1.01 Mock's Marauders Pre-Draft Selection Made
1.02 Ky's Lax Wannabees
1.03 Worm's Orange Halos
1.04 Tebow's Holy Rollers
1.05 STG's Men in Tight Pants
1.06 BMan's Republic of the Gridiron
1.07 Cover Zero All Day
1.08 Drinking and Drafting
1.09 HAT
1.10 Raiders SUCK
1.11 Judean Peoples' Front
1.12 Arkie Sod Busters

What's the deal with Sod Busters? For a second there I thought Arkie was showing up in both leagues... was gonna freak!

Wait- I am picking 12th. This is the one thing I could not find anywhere on the site. It was pick I was. When I finally found a list of teams i thought I was 4th. I do not really care, I just need to know where I am at so I can plan accordingly.

So my only 2 questions.

1. What pick am I and where do i find that on the site?

2. When the draft time comes I just click on draft and then I am in the draft room and can start drafting, while seeing who has been selected right?

Other than that I am good to go. I will figure the rest out along the way. I just have trouble finding the draft stuff.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #213
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

oh hey I found where the draft order is hiding for those who could not see it.

You have to go to "reports" at the top of the screen, then "leagues" then "draft".

If you go to "draft" anywhere else you will not see the order.

OK-Commishers- I got my two questions figured out, ignore above post!
(Im sure you already have)
Old 09-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #214
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Wait- I am picking 12th. This is the one thing I could not find anywhere on the site. It was pick I was. When I finally found a list of teams i thought I was 4th. I do not really care, I just need to know where I am at so I can plan accordingly.

So my only 2 questions.

1. What pick am I and where do i find that on the site?

2. When the draft time comes I just click on draft and then I am in the draft room and can start drafting, while seeing who has been selected right?

Other than that I am good to go. I will figure the rest out along the way. I just have trouble finding the draft stuff.

If you have time right now, you can give me a call... I'm on the computer and can walk you through everything real quick... PM coming.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #215
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If you have time right now, you can give me a call... I'm on the computer and can walk you through everything real quick... PM coming.
I think I am good to go. I know my draft order now, and click on enter live draft sunday night to show you all how a real draft is done.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #216
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

As for the several different links doing the same function, I think the intent was to make sure everyone could easily find a link to take them to important functions such as submitting your line up.

As for finding the draft room... You put your cursor over the button on the top that says FOR OWNERS. The first four options are for the draft. Really, is it that hard?
Why bother to ask if you're just going to blast me for my opinion?

I am definitely more critical of a site that we have to pay for as opposed to a free one.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #217
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Ease up a little dude! That site is cluttered and not everyone has been able to spend hours on it the last few years to get acclimated. "User Friendly" it is not!

It took me a long time to get used to it after not using it for a few years.

Difference is, I am just going to take it out on your wallet
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #218
sutoazul
Independently Owned

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I would agree with Doggcow here. It took me a while to find where I was drafting. (BTW I noticed how the moved me from the NPN to the Orangemane, but it's still ok).

Anyways, last year I used yahoo, espn and cbs sportsline with no problems. I just hope that this site wins me over. We'll see how it goes on draft day and when I'm submitting my lineups. BTW, major props for myfantasyleague.com is that they have a Iphone app, that I could do a lot of stuff from my phone... pretty cool!!
sutoazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #219
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yep see how the site goes then next year when we use it don't sign up, problem solved!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #220
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

WTF are you taking criticism of a web site so personally Apa?

The site sucks ass and I can't believe they actually charge for that POS.

Nobody is saying the league sucks, you suck, b'man sucks, the rules suck or anything else sucks.

The WEBSITE...It sucks.
HAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #221
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post

Nobody is saying the league sucks, you suck, b'man sucks, the rules suck or anything else sucks.

The WEBSITE...It sucks.
In fairness, I think both Apa and Oskie suck.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #222
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post

The WEBSITE...It sucks.
I'm not taking it personally I am just saying if you play and don't like it then don't play again.

The problem with the internet is a few short sentences can come across way more serious then it sounds. I literally spent several days trying to make that damn thing work better but it didn't work, so my frustration is more towards that than people themselves.

Nothing personal just stating my opinion like the others here why are you taking it so personally that you think I am taking it so personally?

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 09-03-2010 at 06:37 PM..
Old 09-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #223
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Also for what its worth, when the draft is over I think the site will be way more user friendly as it seems that the front page is definitely geared more towards weekly play.

Maybe next year when we have some more time to prepare we will find a host that is more user friendly but has some dynamics towards it!

Good luck everyone it will be a fun year!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #224
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
In fairness, I think both Apa and Oskie suck.
I resemble that remark!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #225
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Alright, I did a lot of re-formating on the face of the league site. If there is too much information on the front page I can take it off. Just figured it might be easier than having to search through all the links. I can just as easily remove it if it's too cluttered or annoying.

As for the links all over the place... I've sent an email in to myfantasyleague.com and will try to get rid of them. I'm not sure I will be able to b/c this is the customized format that Pez had created a few years ago. The links are all a part of that customization. I could cut the customization out, but then we lose all pictures/banners including the division names/pics. I can do it, but it will look quite plain... which may be more appealing to some. Just let me know, I'm not married to the pictures and format so if we want something more plain, let me know and we'll go that route.