The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2010, 06:20 AM   #101
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
PS: What in the world is STG doing here... I did not know she watched football any longer ::
Seriously. I think STG = Small Town Ghost.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #102
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

BMan,

From the league safe site:

Quote:
ALCON, We are up to $315 now! The FFL site costs $179.99. I've already begun to set up the league but am waiting to get some more owners to pay before purchasing the league. I will wait until we have at least 10 players to purchase which will ensure we have at least enough $$$ to pay for the site and provide the top prize (authentic jersey!) to the winner. 10 players will give us at least enough to purchase the league and provide that top prize. The additional 10-14 players will give us the ability to do weekly prizes and other performance prizes! Looking forward to a great season! GO BRONCOS!!! Commish Alex (BMan13)
What's the reasoning behind using a pay site to manage the league? Why not espn, cbs, yahoo, etc. (I know they each have their issues but free is free?)

$180 bucks is 4 whole entries. I'm in either way but was just curious as to why take that much out of the prize pool?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #103
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

You addressed this to Bman but I am co-commish so I am going to reply.

You want to know why we are using that site? Because that is how the past OM league has been set up and the bylaws and rules are already in place. At this point its too late to change and truthfully we wouldn't consider anything else.

Remember BMan and myself have real jobs AND families. This set up makes it easier to run the league in which you are ENJOYING. So that $180 to me is the fee that makes this league possible while still giving out some great prizes.

We could scrap the league entirely. It would be easier that way because we wouldn't have to hear the b****ing and moaning about when the draft is and why we haven't "sat" together to get everything perfect for the users. Trust me its easier to return the money than have people complain about how we run the league.

BMan and myself don't stand to gain anything from this league other than to have a good time. We aren't getting any kind of fee to organize this and we aren't guaranteed any kind of winnings. We volunteered to run this league because we thought it would be fun.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #104
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
You addressed this to Bman but I am co-commish so I am going to reply.

You want to know why we are using that site? Because that is how the past OM league has been set up and the bylaws and rules are already in place. At this point its too late to change and truthfully we wouldn't consider anything else.

Remember BMan and myself have real jobs AND families. This set up makes it easier to run the league in which you are ENJOYING. So that $180 to me is the fee that makes this league possible while still giving out some great prizes.

We could scrap the league entirely. It would be easier that way because we wouldn't have to hear the b****ing and moaning about when the draft is and why we haven't "sat" together to get everything perfect for the users. Trust me its easier to return the money than have people complain about how we run the league.

BMan and myself don't stand to gain anything from this league other than to have a good time. We aren't getting any kind of fee to organize this and we aren't guaranteed any kind of winnings. We volunteered to run this league because we thought it would be fun.
WOW....Bitter much? You replied as if I was complaining. Excuse the **** out of me for being curious.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #105
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
WOW....Bitter much? You replied as if I was complaining. Excuse the **** out of me for being curious.
No it wasn't directed at you entirely, you just were the last to post questioning how we ran the league and it was enough.

My basic point is don't question how we run the league. We are taking the time to set this up to make it fun for everyone. You are only paying $46.00 to play and will have a good chance at winning most that back.

With the complaining about when the draft and how we were running the league I just got fed up and unleashed using your post. So I do apologize for pretty much unleashing on you!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #106
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
No worries HAT, Nick and I have both been getting our asses kicked with work and then trying to make time to work on the site. The biggest issue is the deluxe league. Having two conferences that are within the same league is why is cost so much more and Myfantasyleague is the easiest site to set up for our kind of league. The deluxe league allows both conferences to draft from the entire NFL Roster so you don't have 20-24 teams picking the same players... you'd end up with Brandon Stokley as your #2 and Daniel Graham as your TE in a league that big.

So your question is fine, but there was some thought put into it and I'm posting the $$$ status to be transparent and in the spirit of disclosure, so that everyone knows where their money is going.

Oh, and as far as me and Nick not getting anything out of this, I full expect that we will be taking the left over $4.45 and buying a couple cups of coffee... though at today's rates we'll probably have to bring some money to the table for that as well!

Seriously, no worries on the questions and I am fine answering them here in the open. The $180 would be great to put towards prizes, but our overall FFL experience would suffer trying to do it through another site and the other sites that do have deluxe type leagues charge nearly the same, maybe $20-30 less.

Rather than looking at is as 4 owners worth of entry fees are going toward the site, think of it as a pct of everyone's entry fee is going toward the site. Also keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Myfantasyleague is a great site for hosting leagues and it makes for a lot of fun. We can even play Fantasy Survivor for a $20 prize or something. In fact, we may just do that... when we get the full 24 owners.

Last edited by Broncoman13; 08-25-2010 at 10:26 PM..
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #107
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
No worries HAT, Nick and I have both been getting our asses kicked with work and then trying to make time to work on the site. The biggest issue is the deluxe league. Having two conferences that are within the same league is why is cost so much more and Myfantasyleague is the easiest site to set up for our kind of league. The deluxe league allows both conferences to draft from the entire NFL Roster so you don't have 20-24 teams picking the same players... you'd end up with Brandon Stokley as your #2 and Daniel Graham as your TE in a league that big.

So your question is fine, but there was some thought put into it and I'm posting the $$$ status to be transparent and in the spirit of disclosure, so that everyone knows where their money is going.

Oh, and as far as me and Nick not getting anything out of this, I full expect that we will be taking the left over $4.45 and buying a couple cups of coffee... though at today's rates we'll probably have to bring some money to the table for that as well!

Seriously, no worries on the questions and I am fine answering them here in the open. The $180 would be great to put towards prizes, but our overall FFL experience would suffer trying to do it through another site and the other sites that do have deluxe type leagues charge nearly the same, maybe $20-30 less.
Yeah that is so how I should have answered!

I am just up against some big deadlines at work and trying to help get this league up to speed and so when I see people question how we are doing it I get a little fired up!

Sorry HAT that wasn't the best way to address your post!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #108
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
The biggest issue is the deluxe league. Having two conferences that are within the same league is why is cost so much more and Myfantasyleague is the easiest site to set up for our kind of league.
Thanks...That's pretty much what I figured. On ESPN or what not you would need to have 2 separate leagues play to winner and then do final game rosters via email and grade the 'real' championship game by hand.

No worries apa, but chill out man...Football is almost here!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #109
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Yeah that is so how I should have answered!

I am just up against some big deadlines at work and trying to help get this league up to speed and so when I see people question how we are doing it I get a little fired up!

Sorry HAT that wasn't the best way to address your post!
He'll get over it, legit question and I had a little sticker shock when I first saw the price as well. I was assuming it would be around $120. But to have it the same way Pez and Med had it a few years ago, it is a necessary evil. Plus like you said, the rules and bylaws were pretty much already set up as well as the layout. We'll make some minor changes to the bylaws, and scoring system, but for the most part it's already complete.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #110
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Thanks...That's pretty much what I figured. On ESPN or what not you would need to have 2 separate leagues play to winner and then do final game rosters via email and grade the 'real' championship game by hand.

No worries apa, but chill out man...Football is almost here!
Oh I am chill especially with Football around the corner I was just surprised at how many people were calling out the league and when we were drafting because we hadn't come up with an immediate schedule. So when I saw your post about the fees I just popped off! Again sorry about that!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #111
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Oh my god... you guys are getting half a cup of coffee out of this? Next thing you know, we will have to start calling you guys "MASTERMIND"

Okay, all kidding aside, I personally want to thank you guys for doing this. If anyone has ever run a money league, it is a thankless job and more of a pain in the ass then being married... Now throw in 24 posters from the Orangemane and you can only imagine what it is like.

Keep up the good works guys and a serious thank you from Southern California for putting this together.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:03 AM   #112
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

I'd like to play if there is room
i4jelway7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:27 AM   #113
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Alright I paid. So, no more harassing emails please

I have one Credit card for online purchases, and it just got renewed.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:59 AM   #114
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

Hahahahahaha... That "nag" button is kind of cool isn't it. I knew you were gonna pay bro, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be a nagging commish!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #115
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Alex and Nick,

I am in, just visited LS.

PS: What in the world is STG doing here... I did not know she watched football any longer ::
Hey now! Just because I disappear for OFF SEASON doesn't mean I don't still LOVE football.

Missed you guys!
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #116
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediator12 View Post
alright i paid. So, no more harassing emails please ;d

i have one credit card for online purchases, and it just got renewed.
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #117
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

You could have done an eCheck... I used my debit card (Since it has a MC logo on it)... no problems, and I was paid a week ago. I find your excuses without merit and meaningless, please try again.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #118
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Oh my god... you guys are getting half a cup of coffee out of this? Next thing you know, we will have to start calling you guys "MASTERMIND"

Okay, all kidding aside, I personally want to thank you guys for doing this. If anyone has ever run a money league, it is a thankless job and more of a pain in the ass then being married... Now throw in 24 posters from the Orangemane and you can only imagine what it is like.

Keep up the good works guys and a serious thank you from Southern California for putting this together.
No problem dude, you just bring the Don Julio or Corzo and we'll take care of the rest
Old 08-27-2010, 02:29 AM   #119
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

has the draft date been set?

I'm available to draft on labor day, but not that Sunday.

Last edited by i4jelway7; 08-27-2010 at 02:35 AM..
Old 08-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #120
16slayer24
Solid Starter

Default fantasy

hey try runniing a money league before internet everything done by hand life is easy now
16slayer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #121
16slayer24
Solid Starter

Default fantasy

werent even cell phones
Old 08-28-2010, 12:06 AM   #122
16slayer24
Solid Starter

Default fantasy

we had too meet at a bar once a week too discuss trades and stuff was wayyyyy fun
Old 08-28-2010, 03:35 AM   #123
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

I'm paid up... when are we getting the invites to the actual league site?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #124
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
I'm paid up... when are we getting the invites to the actual league site?
I can start sending invites now, just can transfer the full league from Leaguesafe to MFL until I have all 24 members email addresses. I'll start sending out more invites to the actual site very soon. Need to do some league votes on some important scoring options.

1). QB scoring- 4 points or 6 points per TD.
QB passing- 1 point per 25 yds or 50 yds.

2 RBs- Would like to add something to help offset all of the RB by committee backs. How does points per reception sound?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 AM   #125
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Quote:
I can start sending invites now, just can transfer the full league from Leaguesafe to MFL until I have all 24 members email addresses. I'll start sending out more invites to the actual site very soon. Need to do some league votes on some important scoring options.

1). QB scoring- 4 points or 6 points per TD.
QB passing- 1 point per 25 yds or 50 yds.

2 RBs- Would like to add something to help offset all of the RB by committee backs. How does points per reception sound?
ok i vote for QB td's 4 pts & 1 point per 25 yds