The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Tailgate Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco
 
cousinal11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 1,222
Default Buffalo Wing Dip

Tried this over the weekend:

2 cans of chicken (9.75 oz. each)
1 1/2 bars of cream cheese
1/2 cup Ranch
1/2 cup of Frank's hot sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Drain chicken and melt cream cheese. Mix all the ingredients in bowl, using most of cheddar cheese. Put in baking pan and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top, or add more. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.

I used pita chips to dip and it came out pretty good, although I thought it was a little too creamy and not spicy enough.

Next time I'll add a 3rd can of chicken, use less cream cheese and more hot sauce.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
studbucket
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

By can of chicken, do you mean cream of chicken soup? This looks like it's worth trying.
studbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco
 
cousinal11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 1,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket View Post
By can of chicken, do you mean cream of chicken soup? This looks like it's worth trying.
Negative. Cans of chicken like cans of tuna. Ugh, I know, I was hesitant. Not real crazy about meat in a can. Next time I may grill and shred the chicken.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
TennMike
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
Negative. Cans of chicken like cans of tuna. Ugh, I know, I was hesitant. Not real crazy about meat in a can. Next time I may grill and shred the chicken.
Yeesh... surely you can grill and chop up the chicken instead, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Dendave
Ring of Famer
 
Dendave's Avatar
 
Echo

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,150
Default

This is how I make mine

2-8oz packages cream cheese
2-5oz jar Kraft Roka blue spread (they normally only sell during holidays, but I have found it througout the year)
8oz hot sauce (not Tabasco, I use Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce)
3/4 cup chopped celery
2 cups cooked cubed chicken (rotisserie chicken)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine cream cheese, Roka blue spread, hot sauce and celery. Heat in microwave until cream cheese is melted. Stir. Add chicken & cheddar cheese. Mix. Put into baking dish. Top with more cheddar cheese if desired. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve with corn chips.

I am able to keep it warm through out the game by putting it in a crock-pot.
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION
 
Simply Red's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket View Post
By can of chicken, do you mean cream of chicken soup?

is this some sort of sick joke?
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION
 
Simply Red's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
This is how I make mine

2-8oz packages cream cheese
2-5oz jar Kraft Roka blue spread (they normally only sell during holidays, but I have found it througout the year)
8oz hot sauce (not Tabasco, I use Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce)
3/4 cup chopped celery
2 cups cooked cubed chicken (rotisserie chicken)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine cream cheese, Roka blue spread, hot sauce and celery. Heat in microwave until cream cheese is melted. Stir. Add chicken & cheddar cheese. Mix. Put into baking dish. Top with more cheddar cheese if desired. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve with corn chips.

I am able to keep it warm through out the game by putting it in a crock-pot.


w/ the Roka addition, this sounds really good.
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION
 
Simply Red's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 359
Default

i just wanted to go on to say that Roka branded cheese sounds amazing, remember those 'sociables?' - the multi-seeded crackers? They'd really match up well w/ that rocka, my nucka!
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 AM.


Denver Broncos