The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #76
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

got 20 bucks off (per month for 6 months) and a year of Showtime free....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #77
slatimer
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

got six payments of $29.99 in about 3 minutes...I can stomach that...
slatimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #78
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just called and was told they don't have any offers because I'm a new customer and already getting a discount on service (still pay $70 per month).

Anyone else in that situation?
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #79
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Just called and was told they don't have any offers because I'm a new customer and already getting a discount on service (still pay $70 per month).

Tell then dish made you a better offer that's a double hit to them.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #80
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I just called again and asked for retention. Got a really nice girl on the phone and told her I was thinking about canceling. She said I wasn't eligible for any discounts because I have only been a customer for 6 months and they only give out discounts to longtime customers with good account history. She said if I waited until next season I could probably get the discount.

I made small talk about how times are tough, we have two kids, etc. and she put me on hold for a couple minutes. Came back with $199 total with all the extras. I tried to push for more, but she said she said no thats the best she could do and I had to pay it as one lump sum because she wasnt allowed to put any more monthly discounts on my account so I said OK (I'm already getting $31 off per month as the incentive when I started service). I didnt want to push it. Ended up being a 30 minute call with all the small talk, but worth it. At the end of the call she even gave me pointers on how to negotiate the price for next season.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #81
mj1569
Just Drafted

Quote:
I just called again and asked for retention. Got a really nice girl on the phone and told her I was thinking about canceling. She said I wasn't eligible for any discounts because I have only been a customer for 6 months and they only give out discounts to longtime customers with good account history. She said if I waited until next season I could probably get the discount.

I made small talk about how times are tough, we have two kids, etc. and she put me on hold for a couple minutes. Came back with $199 total with all the extras. I tried to push for more, but she said she said no thats the best she could do and I had to pay it as one lump sum because she wasnt allowed to put any more monthly discounts on my account so I said OK (I'm already getting $31 off per month as the incentive when I started service). I didnt want to push it. Ended up being a 30 minute call with all the small talk, but worth it. At the end of the call she even gave me pointers on how to negotiate the price for next season.

Which were?

Last edited by mj1569; 07-09-2010 at 12:35 PM..
mj1569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #82
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

Well I called yesterday and got my payments reduced from $50 a month to $34.

It didn't take long either
BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #83
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

just got my dish installed yesterday, its pretty sweet...love the whole home DVR feature that allows you to watch recorded programs in different rooms. One thing I noticed was my picture HD quality on my 4 yr old DLP Samsung HD TV wasn't as good as it was when I had the cable HD box hooked up. I looked at it, and noticed DTV HD DVR box was hooked up HDMI, and switched it to Component and the picture quality was much better. Any reason for that? Any HD guru's that have suggestions, I guess just go with component since its a better picture?
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #84
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1569 View Post
Which were?
Call and ask for retention. Don't start off by asking "can I get the $20 off per month for the NFL package". Just ask what specials they have going on. If you don't like what they tell you, ask them if thats all they have going. If they say "yes", tell them you want to cancel your ST subscription. That should get them to offer you the best deal they have. If that doesn't work, call back.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #85
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Call and ask for retention. Don't start off by asking "can I get the $20 off per month for the NFL package". Just ask what specials they have going on. If you don't like what they tell you, ask them if thats all they have going. If they say "yes", tell them you want to cancel your ST subscription. That should get them to offer you the best deal they have. If that doesn't work, call back.
Sounds like the same thing we've heard from most of the DTV vets
Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #86
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran

what if when you said you wanted to cancel if they just say 'alright' or something along those lines...just hang up then?
Jerry Curl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #87
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Curl View Post
what if when you said you wanted to cancel if they just say 'alright' or something along those lines...just hang up then?
Yes. That happened the first time I called. I said I wanted to cancel. The guy was a total douche acted like he could care less. I hung up and called back a few hours later.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #88
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

ok my story.

called a week ago and was told sorry $300 (6 x $50) and I can take $10 off for 6 months. i said no thanks just leave as is whle I "mull it over"

called back 10 minutes ago and got the $20 x 6 off so total price of $180, and when she was done with that I said What is this sunday ticket to go im reading about, I have an iphone. she said hold on, normally $10 x 5...FREE!!!! just have to download the app onto my phone and can watch live streams as well as highlights right on my iphone....saaaweet!

ALSO, there is a new broncos directv remote control for sale if you go to thier site too. looks to be about $24 after taxes kinda nifty, may order that this week too
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #89
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

question for DTV vetrans. I have had my DTV for about a week, I've noticed some annyoing things that I've never experienced. On my main TV I have surround sound hooked up, and a lot of the DVR'd programs I tape don't have volume when I tape them, so I have to use the TV volume which is just annoying and not as good. NFL N I always have to use the TV volume, it never comes in, also a lot of nonHD channels have the same issue, while it works on most others.

Also, do you guys pay the 5.99 ADP plan for your receivers, remote, dish?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #90
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
question for DTV vetrans. I have had my DTV for about a week, I've noticed some annyoing things that I've never experienced. On my main TV I have surround sound hooked up, and a lot of the DVR'd programs I tape don't have volume when I tape them, so I have to use the TV volume which is just annoying and not as good. NFL N I always have to use the TV volume, it never comes in, also a lot of nonHD channels have the same issue, while it works on most others.

Also, do you guys pay the 5.99 ADP plan for your receivers, remote, dish?
sounds like it's some setting regarding pushing out digital audio...just guessing though.

RE: the $5.99...absolutely. In 2 years, I've had one HDDVR go bad, the dish needed re-adjusting, and my non-HD tuner bit the bullet just today.

Here's a trick though: I didn't do the plan when I signed up. When my antenna needed re-aimed, that's when I signed up for the protection plan, and then once I had that going I called for the adjustment. They were ok with it as long as I continued w/ the plan for the duration of my contract.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #91
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

yes yes yes on the protectionplan
Old 07-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #92
No Frills
Just Drafted

I have DirecTv's NFL Sunday Ticket for this coming season for $174.94 which includes all games in Hd!
THANK YOU DIRECTV!!!
No Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #93
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:

I was told to hit the road ...
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #94
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

so is there some good links to free tv on the web ? I am kind of tired paying $100 a month
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #95
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~crash~ View Post
i was told to hit the road ...
if at first you don't succeed try try again!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #96
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
I was told to hit the road ...
You got to play nice. If you get a prick don't be a prick back because they will type something in your notes that the next rep will see, just hang up and call back. The chances of getting the same person are like 5000 to 1.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #97
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Well, I have had NFL Ticket for several years now, and most of those years I have had to call DTV to negotiate the price. I always told the 1st guy/gal that i wanted to cancel, then they transfered me to the retention dept. who are able to negotiate.

Anyway, I called yesterday and went through the routine, and when I told retention that I would cancel unless I got last year's price ($24.99 6 mos.). She said she could offer me $29.99 for 6 mos., and I told her no, I really wanted last year's price or I would have to cancel.

She then proceeded to cancel my NFL service altogether; she called my bluff. So, right now I don't have the Ticket for the 1st time in ages. Oh well, I may call them back before the season starts, or I have 2 sports bars close by I can go to. We'll see.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #98
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Well, I have had NFL Ticket for several years now, and most of those years I have had to call DTV to negotiate the price. I always told the 1st guy/gal that i wanted to cancel, then they transfered me to the retention dept. who are able to negotiate.

Anyway, I called yesterday and went through the routine, and when I told retention that I would cancel unless I got last year's price ($24.99 6 mos.). She said she could offer me $29.99 for 6 mos., and I told her no, I really wanted last year's price or I would have to cancel.

She then proceeded to cancel my NFL service altogether; she called my bluff. So, right now I don't have the Ticket for the 1st time in ages. Oh well, I may call them back before the season starts, or I have 2 sports bars close by I can go to. We'll see.
You should have asked to speak to a higher athourity
Old 07-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #99
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Somebody needs to try to get one of these thrown in for free.
Attached Images

cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #100
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Somebody needs to try to get one of these thrown in for free.
I tried.

The directv reps acant een order on thier side. When I mentioned it to the rep I was speaking with she was like hmm I see them but I cant order. I think its because yo ucan only order with a credit card not add to your bill.