The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #51
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmastermind View Post
I saw the add for that, and did a little research, how much do they charge for instalation? I have 2 HDDVR's and 2HD recievers will I have to pay to upgrade any recievers?
I will no more Thursday afternoon, but as I understand it, they install a couple of wireless modules at no cost and you are done. Your HD receivers are probably sufficient. Replacement receivers will be provided at no charge. Again, my install is Thursday so I will report if anything changes.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #52
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Called this morning to get my deal. Just signed up last year (free everything just had to pay for Sunday Ticket). Told them that money was a bit tight this year - $20 off a month and I don't need the online stuff. Not too bad for 15 minutes. Just be friendly and be upfront about how you like ST but that money is an issue this year.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #53
cutback
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

anyone not in a contract had any luck trying to get the deal for new subscribers where u just pay for the sunday ticket and get the 4 months of premium package for free?

what would stop me from canceling and then calling back as a new subscriber? my buddy was able to pull it off once. i may try.
cutback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #54
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutback View Post
anyone not in a contract had any luck trying to get the deal for new subscribers where u just pay for the sunday ticket and get the 4 months of premium package for free?

what would stop me from canceling and then calling back as a new subscriber? my buddy was able to pull it off once. i may try.
Call in and make that your arguement ask for a supervisor tell him/her you do not think it is fair to be penalized for being a loyal customer. Be adament.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #55
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran

I plan on making this call tomorrow but right now I'm not signed up for auto-renewal, will it still work? I plan on calling and saying that I really want to keep ST but the price is to much and can you (the rep) do anything to help w/ the price....sound about right?
Jerry Curl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #56
jbiel
Seasoned Veteran

So I just called and asked if there were any good deals for Sunday Ticket and mentioned I paid $150 last year. The lady lowballed me and took off a whopping $15. I told her that wasnt good enough so she gave me the $20 off for 6 months. She then asked if she satisfied my needs. I questioned if there was some 24 months of free hd if I signed up for auto-pay. She said yes and looked it up for me and said I qualified. She then threw in the ticket to go thing also. When she was talking about the free HD though she kept on calling it free HD for life. Is this the same as everyone else or am I going to get this credit of $10 for longer than 24 months?

Either way Directv pulled through again. I have a love-hate relationship with them. Still can't believe I dont have local HD's here yet, but I'll deal with it a little longer. I know a lot of people with DISH and they are never allowed to get good deals on receivers or packages.
jbiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #57
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutback View Post

It's 5 months free of the Premium Package, and you pay 59.99 for the ST, and basically that's it. Once the 5months is up, I'm moving down to the Choice Xtra and I'll still get the Sunday Ticket. The guys come tomorrow Thursday to install everything. I am getting 1 HD-DVR, 1 HD receiver and the whole home system and my first bill is 74.99.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #58
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
It's 5 months free of the Premium Package, and you pay 59.99 for the ST, and basically that's it. Once the 5months is up, I'm moving down to the Choice Xtra and I'll still get the Sunday Ticket. The guys come tomorrow Thursday to install everything. I am getting 1 HD-DVR, 1 HD receiver and the whole home system and my first bill is 74.99.

That's a sweet deal
Old 07-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #59
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

I may have found a way to get the denver local channels while doing some research for the Sunday Ticket, thus giving you all the bronco games without having to buy the ticket. you wouldn't obviously get every game though...But since i don't have the dish installed until Thursday I can't say for sure.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #60
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
I may have found a way to get the denver local channels while doing some research for the Sunday Ticket, thus giving you all the bronco games without having to buy the ticket. you wouldn't obviously get every game though...But since i don't have the dish installed until Thursday I can't say for sure.

DTV beams the signal for the locals only in the greater Denver area (called spotlighting) so if you live outside a 50 mile radius you will not receive the signal.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #61
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
DTV beams the signal for the locals only in the greater Denver area (called spotlighting) so if you live outside a 50 mile radius you will not receive the signal.

yeah i figured it wouldn't work , but I came across this LSU football forum and they were talking about a way to change your locals by calling in, giving them a local (denver in this case) address as your updated service address. Tell them you are traveling for work or something, and the CSR can change the Service Address and it will give you locals based off of that information.

I think it may work because where I am at, we don't get locals yet for whatever reason, so I am going to be getting the NY feed. If I can get the NY feed, why can't i get the Denver feed.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #62
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran

I have Denver local channels through DTV...in Laramie, Wy. ~150 miles away.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #63
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Curl View Post

How are you managing that?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #64
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
yeah i figured it wouldn't work , but I came across this LSU football forum and they were talking about a way to change your locals by calling in, giving them a local (denver in this case) address as your updated service address. Tell them you are traveling for work or something, and the CSR can change the Service Address and it will give you locals based off of that information.

I think it may work because where I am at, we don't get locals yet for whatever reason, so I am going to be getting the NY feed. If I can get the NY feed, why can't i get the Denver feed.

They blanket the nation with the signal for the network package which includes NY and SF all other local network stations are beamed via the spotlight beam so unless you are within 50 miles of your home city you will get the national package ie NY & SF
Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #65
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Sometimes there is bleed over on the spotlight signal and I may be wrong about the 50 miles maybe it's a hundred or more in areas where the city with locals available is a fair distance from the next city with DTV locals.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #66
gobroncos313
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why in the hell can we not get the Denver locals? What part of a free media do they not understand? I got them for years on my big dish and it was great, every Bronco game from pre-season to the coaches shows. I don't know how they can constitutionally block you from getting media when the technology is there to get it.
gobroncos313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #67
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobroncos313 View Post
Why in the hell can we not get the Denver locals? What part of a free media do they not understand? I got them for years on my big dish and it was great, every Bronco game from pre-season to the coaches shows. I don't know how they can constitutionally block you from getting media when the technology is there to get it.
So they can get us all to buy Sunday Ticket..and all the other fans to buy the ticket for there teams...Follow the $$
Old 07-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #68
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:

How are you managing that?
Not really sure, when I signed up last year they just said I wouldn't get local (wyoming) channels and instead the Denver channels...Wyoming news is light years behind anyways.

Now just to get the hookup with ST! eff paying $314
Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #69
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Not really sure, when I signed up last year they just said I wouldn't get local (wyoming) channels and instead the Denver channels...Wyoming news is light years behind anyways.

Now just to get the hookup with ST! eff paying $314

The answer if they do not brodcast all local markets just the larger ones.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #70
coachmastermind
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobroncos313 View Post

I think one of the main reasons is our local markets want us to watch them, or even more so the advertisers that pay to have their commercials run on which help to make local channels "free".
coachmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #71
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Well, I didn't get it for $150 like I did the previous year, but it didn't take me 2 hours either. I said to the first guy, we can do this fast or it can take hours, I want it for $150. He said how about $170 and 6 free months of Starz. I said great and thanks for saving me 2 hours of hassling.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:09 AM   #72
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

If anyone is switching to DTV please PM me for my account number and we can both get $100 off our bill thru the referral program
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:47 AM   #73
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
If anyone is switching to DTV please PM me for my account number and we can both get $100 off our bill thru the referral program
I'm actually running a similar program. If you sign up and use me as a referral, I'll paypal you an additional $25 so you will get a total of $125! PM me for details!
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #74
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I'm actually running a similar program. If you sign up and use me as a referral, I'll paypal you an additional $25 so you will get a total of $125! PM me for details!
Mine is better. I'll paypal an additional $75.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 AM   #75
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Gotta love free markets