The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #26
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,680

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
I just called and got the sunday ticket for 6 payments of $19.99
Your lying
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #27
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS
 
dbfan21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wichita
Posts: 2,176

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
I just called and got the sunday ticket for 6 payments of $19.99
what did you say to them?
dbfan21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #28
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
Thread Killer

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Your lying
Ha ha @ baja, if that's what you want to believe then be my guest but I"m not lying nor do I have any reason to lie... I've been a sunday ticket sub since '97... all I said was that I wanted to cancel for this year and the rep offered $20 off a month for 6 months and I said it was still too expensive, she came back on and offered the 6 payments of $19.99 (which is including 6 months of free HD access which costs $10 a month) I said wow OK then, thx and have a nice day, the whole phone call lasted less than 6 minutes

Last edited by i4jelway7; 07-06-2010 at 09:53 AM..
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #29
BlueCrusher
Bowlen's drinking buddy
 
BlueCrusher's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Daytona Beach
Posts: 180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers
Default

Oh yeah, if you have a friend that has Sunday ticket you could always watch the games online if your friend trusts you with their password.
BlueCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #30
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco
 
cousinal11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 1,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene View Post
I don't like to have to keep calling over and over but did call once and got $10 a month knocked off and a free upgrade on one of my receivers to a DVR. Superfan is included in the price this year so, for me, it's $39.95 a month for six months. The rep I talked to last year told me what they can offer depends on how long you have been with them. I was satisfied. Living in Virginia, the Broncos are never on the regional broadcasts.
Yep, Superfan is included this year.

I called got the $120 credit which is what they gave me last year.

So I'm paying $30 a month for 6 months to watch whoever the **** I want to watch in beautiful high definition from the comfort of my own living room. Well worth it.




Last edited by cousinal11; 07-06-2010 at 10:06 AM..
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #31
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,680

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
Ha ha @ baja, if that's what you want to believe then be my guest but I"m not lying nor do I have any reason to lie... I've been a sunday ticket sub since '97... all I said was that I wanted to cancel for this year and the rep offered $20 off a month for 6 months and I said it was still too expensive, she came back on and offered the 6 payments of $19.99 (which is including 6 months of free HD access which costs $10 a month) I said wow OK then, thx and have a nice day, the whole phone call lasted less than 6 minutes
Dude that's cheaper than the first season it became available. Hard to believe.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #32
meangene
Ring of Famer
 
meangene's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Dude that's cheaper than the first season it became available. Hard to believe.
I do think what they can offer is based on how long you have been a subscriber. He has had Sunday Ticket since '97 which probably makes him eligible for the best deal possible. I remember reading that they actually lose money on the Ticket but make it up with increased DirecTv subscribers. So, if they have to make deals with some subscribers to keep them it must be worth it to them based on their cost-benefit analysis. I'm just glad I saw the thread here last year or I would have just kept on paying full price!
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #33
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
Thread Killer

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Dude that's cheaper than the first season it became available. Hard to believe.
I remember the days when the sunday ticket was $149, so yeah it's definately a great deal.. I couldn't believe it either.. When I get billed I'll post a pic of my bill if you want me to although all the credits and adjustments on the paper bills sometimes makes it hard to see what your actually paying for
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #34
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,680

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
I remember the days when the sunday ticket was $149, so yeah it's definately a great deal.. I couldn't believe it either.. When I get billed I'll post a pic of my bill if you want me to although all the credits and adjustments on the paper bills sometimes makes it hard to see what your actually paying for
If true and you do have the ring of telling the truth about you than I'll bet they have to show to the NFL a certain subscriber base or face losing their exclusive status. I know cable and Dish would love to get their hands on the Ticket. They are losing money at those numbers so they must need subscribers badly.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #35
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
Thread Killer

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If true and you do have the ring of telling the truth about you than I'll bet they have to show to the NFL a certain subscriber base or face losing their exclusive status. I know cable and Dish would love to get their hands on the Ticket. They are losing money at those numbers so they must need subscribers badly.
yep I'm pretty sure you have hit the nail on the head about showing the NFL a certain sub base.. I've never threatened to cancel my whole DTV service just the sunday ticket and every year I get it cheaper and cheaper.. I think I paid $150 last year
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #36
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,888
Default

Just called and got it reduced to 6 payments of $29.99 ($180).

That's down from the $299 he told me it was at when I called. All I said is that I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket after 15 years because the price was too outrageous.

Call took all of 5 mins, and he said the price was as low as he was allowed to go. (True or not I dunno, but $120 off...I'll take it.)
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #37
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
Thread Killer

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Just called and got it reduced to 6 payments of $29.99 ($180).

That's down from the $299 he told me it was at when I called. All I said is that I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket after 15 years because the price was too outrageous.

Call took all of 5 mins, and he said the price was as low as he was allowed to go. (True or not I dunno, but $120 off...I'll take it.)

yeah I'd say that is as low as they can go w/ the actual sunday ticket package, to get mine to $19.99 a month they added a $10 HD credit for 6 months
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #38
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,680

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Just called and got it reduced to 6 payments of $29.99 ($180).

That's down from the $299 he told me it was at when I called. All I said is that I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket after 15 years because the price was too outrageous.

Call took all of 5 mins, and he said the price was as low as he was allowed to go. (True or not I dunno, but $120 off...I'll take it.)
This is going to unravel for DTV. Word will get out they are playing let's make a deal. Guess the decider never played poker.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #39
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
This is going to unravel for DTV. Word will get out they are playing let's make a deal. Guess the decider never played poker.
This is the same age old trick that work with all salesmen. For every 1 person that negotiates their price, their are two that come in and just pay full price.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #40
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,680

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
This is the same age old trick that work with all salesmen. For every 1 person that negotiates their price, their are two that come in and just pay full price.
In a good ecomony you would be right but this is not a good ecomony and the value is not there at 300 per.

Remember a case can be made that they are under the gun to maintain a certain number of subscribers. That is their handy cap.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #41
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,680

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Actually it is incredabilly stupid for the NFL to continue to give exclusitivity to DTV.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #42
coachmastermind
Seasoned Veteran
 
coachmastermind's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 292
Default

I just called... I've been out of town for 2 weeks so, I haven't had the chance too... I got the deal for $20 a month off of Sunday Ticket for 6 months... so I'm paying $29.99/month for Ticket... There is no Super Fan anymore, you automatically get the HD games... they do have NFL Sunday Ticket to be able to watch games online or from your smart phone for $49.99. I know some people were getting that for free, she didn't offer it me, so I cancelled that, I doubt I would use it anyway.

Beyond that, as mentioned if you have HD and are interested in signing up for Auto Renewal they will give you a $10/month for 24/months discount... add to that I have 3 Refer-a-friends and DirecTv is almost paying me for their service.
coachmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #43
coachmastermind
Seasoned Veteran
 
coachmastermind's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Think you misunderstood. The dvr setup allows me to watch programs from my dvr on any tv in the house
I saw the add for that, and did a little research, how much do they charge for instalation? I have 2 HDDVR's and 2HD recievers will I have to pay to upgrade any recievers?
coachmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #44
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan
 
PFM / Kopitar

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 5,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound
Default

I've had Sunday ticket for 15 years. Two years ago, I was trying to haggle a lower price with the agent. I said I've been a loyal customer and I think the price of the NFL ticket was too much, and Im thinking about canceling it. He said no problem , we will take you off the Sunday ticket list. Doh !! The dude wouldnt budge whatsoever. I ended up having to call back a week later to get the ticket back. Then called back after another week and talked to a friendly gal who got the okay to give me a deal.
cabronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #45
coachmastermind
Seasoned Veteran
 
coachmastermind's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
I've had Sunday ticket for 15 years. Two years ago, I was trying to haggle a lower price with the agent. I said I've been a loyal customer and I think the price of the NFL ticket was too much, and Im thinking about canceling it. He said no problem , we will take you off the Sunday ticket list. Doh !! The dude wouldnt budge whatsoever. I ended up having to call back a week later to get the ticket back. Then called back after another week and talked to a friendly gal who got the okay to give me a deal.
I've found anytime I need to contact DirecTv it's Customer Service Roulet, when I call in. More good ones than bad though... I find if there is a problem, I just ask to speak to their supervisor...
coachmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #46
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,680

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
I've had Sunday ticket for 15 years. Two years ago, I was trying to haggle a lower price with the agent. I said I've been a loyal customer and I think the price of the NFL ticket was too much, and Im thinking about canceling it. He said no problem , we will take you off the Sunday ticket list. Doh !! The dude wouldnt budge whatsoever. I ended up having to call back a week later to get the ticket back. Then called back after another week and talked to a friendly gal who got the okay to give me a deal.
The trick is all in who you get if you get a prick or a stupid person just hang up and call back and do it until you get someone you can work with.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #47
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

I did my negotiation call today. When the robot asked what I wanted, I said "cancel service." I told the customer service rep that I no longer wanted Sunday ticket because it's too expensive and told her I paid $150 last year, and I could barely manage that. She offered me $20 off for the next 6 months - I told her that was close to what I could do - it's not much, but another $30 would make it the same as last year and that would be something I could justify. Times are tight with the economy and all. She came back with an additional $50 off for the first month, and I said DEAL!

So - I'm in for $314-$20*6-$50 = $144.

Easy negotiating. Maybe I got lucky, maybe I'm just such a great and fantastic customer, maybe I'm a rube who is getting ripped off on some other package and they are desperate to keep my money coming. Either way, I'm back in.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #48
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,680

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I did my negotiation call today. When the robot asked what I wanted, I said "cancel service." I told the customer service rep that I no longer wanted Sunday ticket because it's too expensive and told her I paid $150 last year, and I could barely manage that. She offered me $20 off for the next 6 months - I told her that was close to what I could do - it's not much, but another $30 would make it the same as last year and that would be something I could justify. Times are tight with the economy and all. She came back with an additional $50 off for the first month, and I said DEAL!

So - I'm in for $314-$20*6-$50 = $144.

Easy negotiating. Maybe I got lucky, maybe I'm just such a great and fantastic customer, maybe I'm a rube who is getting ripped off on some other package and they are desperate to keep my money coming. Either way, I'm back in.
Next negotiator should say they have a friend that is thinking of signing up and that you are sure this price would close the deal and would DTV offer the same deal to this friend and someone here would love the deal I am sure. Just ask the rep for a code to verify.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #49
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan
 
PFM / Kopitar

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 5,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The trick is all in who you get if you get a prick or a stupid person just hang up and call back and do it until you get someone you can work with.
You're right. Last year was much easier getting the rates down. I wasnt getting my full rate of pay from work, as I was hurt on the job, which is true. She was easy to talk & work with over the phone. Looks like its time to make another call for this year. I cant quit Sunday ticket, having the 55" Mitsu. & HD, & the ability to watch any other games. Pre-seasons right around the corner .
cabronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #50
OrangenBlueOhio
Solid Starter
 
OrangenBlueOhio's Avatar
 
Orange Crush please, Mr. Fox

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 178
Default

So what you all are saying is this works if you currently have the Ticket? I have had the ticket off and on for the last 10 yrs. Last time was two yrs ago. I have been having all kinds of problems with my HD channels this past 2-3 months, was thinkin I might be able to negotiate a deal on the Ticket for my troubles??
OrangenBlueOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Denver Broncos