The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
cutback
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Directv NFL Sunday Ticket

I see it showed up on my bill on 7/2. Has anyone tried to negotiate the price like last year? I remember reading a lengthy thread here where many were able to get a big price reduction.
cutback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutback View Post
I see it showed up on my bill on 7/2. Has anyone tried to negotiate the price like last year? I remember reading a lengthy thread here where many were able to get a big price reduction.
There have been several threads the last few months. Basically, you just have to keep calling them for hours until you get the right person who will give you a discounted price. I usually pay $150 for the ticket in HD. And it's the same way every year. I say this is the price I paid last year, they tell me they can't do it again, I call back, same thing, I keep calling back, then they finally give me the price. There is no easy way, you just have to keep calling and asking for managers, and their managers and be a royal pain in the rear.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
RonDaChamp24
Twitter.com/RonGreco

The Champ is here

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Thomas

I called today and got it reduced $20 a month for 6 months AND got superfan and on the go for free ($170 value). First rep I talked to wasn't willing to help, the 2nd was though. Pretty thrilled with the outcome even though I do the same thing every year. It's always exciting to know that I'll be paying less than $200 to watch every broncos game in the comfort of my own home (except for the 1 game a year I go to).
RonDaChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:35 AM   #4
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I'll be doing the same thing again this year....not looking forward to calling and jumping through the hoops....but it's worth it to save the money.

I pay a lot of money to Directv every month for their premium package....they can cut me a deal now and then.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #5
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

i jst sent an email to DTV with a link to this thread advising them they wold save money if they jst came off their price easier, that way they wold not tie p their reps for all those extra hors being difficlt.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
i jst sent an email to DTV with a link to this thread advising them they wold save money if they jst came off their price easier, that way they wold not tie p their reps for all those extra hors being difficlt.
Maybe they could cut costs by not showing the Broncos games this year and putting the Bears, Redskins, Dolphins, Lions and Browns on two channels each so we can see some REAL FOOTBALL!

Talent, underrated. Go Shanny!
Interceptions, overrated. Go Cutler!
Drops and beating women, overrated. Go Marshall!
Playbooks, overrated. Go Hillis!
Blocking, overrated. Go Scheffler!

Maybe I'll buy Sunday Ticket if Bowlen cans McDouche and hires Kyle Shanahan to get rid of Tebow, Dawkins, Thomas, J.Williams, Goodman and those guys and brings back the real ballers like BMarsh, Scheffler, Clarett, Middlebrooks and THenry. Jamie Winborn 4 life brother...
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

I am a new Direct TV subscriber, just signed up last week. I got Sunday Ticket and the Premium Package, 1 HD DVR reciever and a 2nd HD receiver with the whole home(can watch recorded programs in my 2nd room). So the deal I got after talking to them was I basically get the Premium package for free for the first 5 months, I am just paying for the ST, after the 5 months I plan to move down to the Choice Extra program and i'll be paying around 75 per month, and I'll have basically gotten the ticket for free.

Also, if you are going to be a new subscriber, send me a PM and I might be able to save you 100$ and I'll let you know what to do.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
Crushisback
Camp fodder

Best way to do this is go straight to the Retention department. I ask for retention right off the bat. When you get there tell them the only reason you have DTV is for the ticket and you can no longer afford to pay for the ticket so you want to cancel your sub. When I do this they normally cut the ticket in half, throw in superfan, some movie channells for 3-6 months, and do some minor tweaking to my bill to get it in my "price range". Don't mention you want your bill lowered just say you want to cancel cause of cost and the retention agent goes to work on keeping you as a customer.
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
Naggle Nole
Team Intern

Soul Brotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Maybe they could cut costs by not showing the Broncos games this year and putting the Bears, Redskins, Dolphins, Lions and Browns on two channels each so we can see some REAL FOOTBALL!

Talent, underrated. Go Shanny!
Interceptions, overrated. Go Cutler!
Drops and beating women, overrated. Go Marshall!
Playbooks, overrated. Go Hillis!
Blocking, overrated. Go Scheffler!

Maybe I'll buy Sunday Ticket if Bowlen cans McDouche and hires Kyle Shanahan to get rid of Tebow, Dawkins, Thomas, J.Williams, Goodman and those guys and brings back the real ballers like BMarsh, Scheffler, Clarett, Middlebrooks and THenry. Jamie Winborn 4 life brother...
So I am noticing a theme here the last few days...
Have you decided to become Bizarro Montrose in an effort to lampoon Shanahan apologists?
Naggle Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
meangene
Ring of Famer

I don't like to have to keep calling over and over but did call once and got $10 a month knocked off and a free upgrade on one of my receivers to a DVR. Superfan is included in the price this year so, for me, it's $39.95 a month for six months. The rep I talked to last year told me what they can offer depends on how long you have been with them. I was satisfied. Living in Virginia, the Broncos are never on the regional broadcasts.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #11
mj1569
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushisback View Post
Best way to do this is go straight to the Retention department. I ask for retention right off the bat. When you get there tell them the only reason you have DTV is for the ticket and you can no longer afford to pay for the ticket so you want to cancel your sub. When I do this they normally cut the ticket in half, throw in superfan, some movie channells for 3-6 months, and do some minor tweaking to my bill to get it in my "price range". Don't mention you want your bill lowered just say you want to cancel cause of cost and the retention agent goes to work on keeping you as a customer.
When I called I told the computer voice I wanted to cancel my service and it transfered me to a retention agent. I explained that the Sunday Ticket was getting to expensive to keep and that was the only reason I had DirecTV. She looked for offers and came back with a $5 a month credit. I told her I would have to cancel the Sunday Ticket and she looked for more offers and came back with the $20 a month credit offer. It was actually pretty painless and I got it with the first call.
mj1569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #12
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1569 View Post
When I called I told the computer voice I wanted to cancel my service and it transfered me to a retention agent. I explained that the Sunday Ticket was getting to expensive to keep and that was the only reason I had DirecTV. She looked for offers and came back with a $5 a month credit. I told her I would have to cancel the Sunday Ticket and she looked for more offers and came back with the $20 a month credit offer. It was actually pretty painless and I got it with the first call.
The trouble with the game is that it leaves you always wondering if you got the best deal posible.

Ha sometimes my keyboard will type a "U" and sometimes it won't

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu go figure
Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #13
coachmastermind
Seasoned Veteran

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=170710
coachmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #14
mj1569
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The trouble with the game is that it leaves you always wondering if you got the best deal posible.

Ha sometimes my keyboard will type a "U" and sometimes it won't

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu go figure
I can agree with that because I was wondering how far I could of gone when I hung up the phone. But in the end I am happy getting Sunday Ticket for under $200 for the season.
mj1569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I can get Sunday Ticket in Mexico for 100 a year and it's the same for everyone. No wheeling and dealing that's the price out of the box....

http://www.sky.com.mx/ppe/dep/805840.html

Last edited by baja; 07-05-2010 at 12:00 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #16
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

just called this morning. got it for $180, with superfan (which i think is included for everyone this year) and the To-Go option (where you can watch it on your computer/phone). i paid $150 last year, so im ok with a little inflation--still saves me from large bar tabs!
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer

adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Bronco View Post
just called this morning. got it for $180, with superfan (which i think is included for everyone this year) and the To-Go option (where you can watch it on your computer/phone). i paid $150 last year, so im ok with a little inflation--still saves me from large bar tabs!
X2

If you are a new Directv subscriber you can get a better deal than the 30/mo.
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #18
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

So who am I asking for? Or just talk to the first rep I get on the phone?

I've been getting Sunday Ticket since '95....but $315 is insane.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #19
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

so I just got the $150 Sunday Ticket with SF, free HD for one year, Starz for 6 months and the in home any room DVR connection for $3 per month. Any room DVR upgrades all my receivers to HD for no charge. Pretty happy. Took about 30 minutes.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #20
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

It really helps if youve had it before.

Otherwise it is a pain in the ass to start (why I havent for 2 years).

Gonna try again when I have some money though.

Broke from buying my dog and new 50" G25
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #21
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
so I just got the $150 Sunday Ticket with SF, free HD for one year, Starz for 6 months and the in home any room DVR connection for $3 per month. Any room DVR upgrades all my receivers to HD for no charge. Pretty happy. Took about 30 minutes.
I got a free HDDVR like a month ago. Just complained till they sent it.

****er has a ****ton of lights on the front though that is annoying as ****. I taped some paper over them.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #22
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I'll be deployed so i won't have to worry about this...Broncos are playing in Phoenix this year to..go figure!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #23
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I got a free HDDVR like a month ago. Just complained till they sent it.

****er has a ****ton of lights on the front though that is annoying as ****. I taped some paper over them.
Think you misunderstood. The dvr setup allows me to watch programs from my dvr on any tv in the house
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #24
BlueCrusher
Bowlen's drinking buddy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

I just checked my account online and it shows the NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2010 HD - Charge as 0.0 so hopefully they are giving it to me for free this year. Yeah right...
BlueCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #25
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

I just called and got the sunday ticket for 6 payments of $19.99, I've been a sunday ticket sub since '97

Last edited by i4jelway7; 07-06-2010 at 10:44 AM..
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote