The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 01:46 AM   #126
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
Get a job before you move, not after.
QFT

Then move.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 AM   #127
sixtimeseight
Ring of Famer

"She hasn't had a job because she continues to get hired at a place and either not like it"

"Also, she has a 4 year old daughter, so makes it tougher."

"Now, I don't want to get in too many details, but she had a terrible childhood that caused her to have to drop out of high school"

sixtimeseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:22 AM   #128
chrisp
Friend of the unsung

Not into the football......yet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Don't make the mistake of thinking you can 'save' someone with a troubled background. They will have their own issues that only thay can overcome: your support and understanding can help, but only that. She has to fix herself.

As far as the move goes, you have to reassure yourself that this is not a 'grass is greener' situation on her part. If she has trouble settling into homes or work (which would be entirely understandable given her background, but understanding it doesn't make it not a problem....) then that could mean that this move could turn into another move, or some other problem will suddenly become the Big Issue and The Thing We Have to Change and you will never find rest.

By all means follow your heart and take the plunge if you think its best. Only you can judge at the end of the day and if you consider your reasons carefully enough then I'm sure that the decision you finally make will be the right one. However, please remember those reasons after you've moved. You should expect unforseen issues to crop up after the move, be prepared for them, and more importantly make sure she is also prepared for that.

My ex-wife used to talk so firmly and bravely about each new beginning. She really believed each new change in her life would be the thing that sorted everything out. Trouble is it never did, so each time she had to find a new problem to blame, untill eventually the next problem was our marriage and I had to go......her background was different to your girlfriend's, but I can see some alarming parallels nonetheless.

At the end of the day if you do make a new start you have to both be utterly determined to make it work. Running away from problems doesn't always get rid of them and can easily become a habit, so be warned.
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:44 AM   #129
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac821 View Post
Hey, I knew I wasn't they only one that hated living in Texas. Worst place ever
You live in Amarillo. Do you need a sign?
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #130
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Dude, run for your life. Seriously.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #131
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

OP can't post updates because he's busy eloping and moving to Myrtle ****ing Beach.

In b4 next McFoneco update:

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #132
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Have I mentioned that Myrtle Beach blows? It surpasses even Las Vegas for utter tackiness and draws more douchebags per capita than Palm Springs.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #133
bombay
Ring of Famer

Did you hate where you live and have trouble with your family before you met this woman?
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #134
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

I want to be remembered for this take:

This will not end well.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #135
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
For some risks that is fine. Not this one imo. Think it through carefully with an eye on what happens if it all goes to s**t what did you give up to end up with that result. If we were talking about the job vs you spending 6 months in Europe I'd say go with your gut and get out of there.
Ghwk....You misunderstood my post. My statement about risk and going with your gut can apply to anything. Based on what I read this woman is full of resentments that haven't been resolved. Resentments are the #1 killer of relationships. If she hasn't resolved them they will surely follow her to the next town.

To be honest I think too many people rush into marriages and having babies to begin with. Heck most marriages have less than a 50% success rate as it is.

My advice. Let her go. Keep working, hit a couple Bronco games, and find a woman with an education like you have, a woman without children, and for crying out loud a woman who can hold a job!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #136
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Did you hate where you live and have trouble with your family before you met this woman?
Excellent question!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #137
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Have I mentioned that Myrtle Beach blows? It surpasses even Las Vegas for utter tackiness and draws more douchebags per capita than Palm Springs.
Raises hand as someone who loves going to Myrtle Beach!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #138
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Raises hand as someone who loves going to Myrtle Beach!
But we already know that you are one of the douchebags he's referencing.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #139
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
OP can't post updates because he's busy eloping and moving to Myrtle ****ing Beach.
He probably thinks we're all a bunch of A-holes who don't understand and he's sworn to Tebow to never coming back to the Mane.

Maybe we'll see him in 5 months. I'm sure we'll be supportive.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #140
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
But we already know that you are one of the douchebags he's referencing.
You said it, not me
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #141
Cleo McDowell
underrated.

this thread is like crack.
Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #142
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Oh boy, what do I say in responding?

Thank you for your opinions.

Side note, I mentioned this thread to her, and she saw it, and had this to say in a nustshell:
and what were the results? 20% of the people actually gave you legitimate advice, some told you to wait and save up more money, make investments, etc etc, and the rest of that 20% (the majority of it) told you to follow his heart, that you have nothing to lose.

the other 80% told you in a nutshell, that you're an idiot, to break up with me immediately, and go get laid by some hot chick in texas.

Oh, and that she doesn't like this forum because its mean >.>

haha, I liked that last comment she made.

Nonetheless, after much thinking, you guessed it, I'm going to move. Go ahead and queue this thread up for 6 months if you like, but I truly feel this will be better for my life than not going.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement and thoughtfulness everyone, and I hope to make it out to a game this year. Couldn't last year because my brother sold all his tickets, I told him I want the Rams game to see my alumni Sam Bradford though.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #143
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFoneco1331 View Post
Okay, I'm in the process of making a decision in my life, and need some advice.

I am currently living in Texas, and I hate it here, only reason I moved here was to be near my family. However, there are family issues and I really want to move away.
First, let me say I got involved with a great woman, and we got engaged not too long ago. She moved here in Texas to be with me, but alas, she hates it here too. Now, I don't want to get in too many details, but she had a terrible childhood that caused her to have to drop out of high school, but is set on getting a GED to get into college. She is 22, and I am 25 with a Bachelor's in Accounting from University of Oklahoma. I have an okay job for a private company here, but could definitely get a better one with the economy picking up. She hasn't had a job because she continues to get hired at a place and either not like it, or the pay/hours are **** and no use working it for getting the price back to cover the gas.
Also, she has a 4 year old daughter, so makes it tougher.
Now, she comes from the East Coast, Myrtle Beach, SC. She is very easy-going, comfortable and I'll say "care-free". Most people over there are. Well, she tells me we can move to Myrtle Beach, cut our expenses down, she can easily get a job as a server, and she has contacts and a staffing agency that can get me a job in a month. Basically, become financially stable because we aren't here.
Now, my parents/family will be upset due to the fact that I am leaving a job, known income, to go someplace where there is no guarantee, and also have no money.

I know I'm leaving some stuff out, but basically, I want to hear what other people think of moving out there, which she wants to do in June, for what she feels is the right thing to do, and will make us stable and happy.
First, let me just say that the economy in TX is better than in most places in America. So, if you don't already have a job lined up when you leave, don't go.

And, don't let her force you into anything you don't want to do. I'm going out on a limb here but I'm thinking your problems with your family are due in a lot of ways with your relationship with this young lady.

If you cut and run because you "think" you don't like TX and because you "know" it's because your family is just a little uneasy about your relationship, then your taking an unecessary risk.

Go with your head, not your heart.

If she really needs you and she really respects you and she knows you can be the dad her child needs, then she has to respect your decision.

My advice, don't go to Myrtle Beach.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #144
Cleo McDowell
underrated.

Default you showed her this thread too?

Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #145
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo McDowell View Post
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #146
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Moving to SC = Fail

Showing her this thread = Epic Fail
Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #147
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking you can 'save' someone with a troubled background. They will have their own issues that only thay can overcome: your support and understanding can help, but only that. She has to fix herself.

As far as the move goes, you have to reassure yourself that this is not a 'grass is greener' situation on her part. If she has trouble settling into homes or work (which would be entirely understandable given her background, but understanding it doesn't make it not a problem....) then that could mean that this move could turn into another move, or some other problem will suddenly become the Big Issue and The Thing We Have to Change and you will never find rest.

By all means follow your heart and take the plunge if you think its best. Only you can judge at the end of the day and if you consider your reasons carefully enough then I'm sure that the decision you finally make will be the right one. However, please remember those reasons after you've moved. You should expect unforseen issues to crop up after the move, be prepared for them, and more importantly make sure she is also prepared for that.

My ex-wife used to talk so firmly and bravely about each new beginning. She really believed each new change in her life would be the thing that sorted everything out. Trouble is it never did, so each time she had to find a new problem to blame, untill eventually the next problem was our marriage and I had to go......her background was different to your girlfriend's, but I can see some alarming parallels nonetheless.

At the end of the day if you do make a new start you have to both be utterly determined to make it work. Running away from problems doesn't always get rid of them and can easily become a habit, so be warned.
QFT. Women who are emotionally unstable think that happiness is just around the corner. It's always somewhere in the future because they are too emotionally ill equiped to deal with the present.

I was in a very similar relationship and no matter what I did to make her happy, she finally decided it was not the house we bought together and all the stuff we had done together that didn't work, it was just me.

But, I was the same damn guy she supposedly fell in love with. She too come from a destroyed childhood and the problem was not so much me or us, but her and her inability to cope with reality.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #148
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFoneco1331 View Post
Oh boy, what do I say in responding?

Thank you for your opinions.

Side note, I mentioned this thread to her, and she saw it, and had this to say in a nustshell:
and what were the results? 20% of the people actually gave you legitimate advice, some told you to wait and save up more money, make investments, etc etc, and the rest of that 20% (the majority of it) told you to follow his heart, that you have nothing to lose.

the other 80% told you in a nutshell, that you're an idiot, to break up with me immediately, and go get laid by some hot chick in texas.

Oh, and that she doesn't like this forum because its mean >.>

haha, I liked that last comment she made.

Nonetheless, after much thinking, you guessed it, I'm going to move. Go ahead and queue this thread up for 6 months if you like, but I truly feel this will be better for my life than not going.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement and thoughtfulness everyone, and I hope to make it out to a game this year. Couldn't last year because my brother sold all his tickets, I told him I want the Rams game to see my alumni Sam Bradford though.
Wow, I have to say, your going to be sorry.

It sounds like she's doing the thinking for you. Too bad, and good luck.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #149
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

if she looks like "Dukes" avatar, you do whatever she says...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #150
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Fellow Maners, I think we need an intervention