The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #76
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Get job first, then move. Don't be stupid and run away from your family and a good job because your G/F or wife isn't happy in her job. Time to be a grown up. You are 25 now and it's time to stop just doing things and hoping they will work out.

You need to plan a move a little more I think. At least save up 6 months worth of money and then make the move. Really you need a job before you move there.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #77
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
Move to Austin. The birthplace and final resting place of all that is cool.
Austin would be at the top of my list if I was relocating.

Lot's of bands for me to hook up with and play my sax. Killer looking ladies, cool city with lots to do, vibrant music scene...Hell yeah Austin has it going on.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #78
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

How is all of this free advice working for you?
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #79
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've heard Austin is a liberal bastion & hippy playground.

And there'd be them pesky "hook 'em horns" everywhere...

Just say no to all that pain.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #80
Doggcow
He gimpy

But he doin alright now

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

She sounds like my ex. Troubled childhood, manipulative, kids, can't hold a job, didn't graduate etc.

Once I dumped her, I have accomplished so much more in my life, on my way to grad school now, found a woman 10000x better than I ever imagined, and actually have some money in the bank.

She found some sad 25-year-old sap to marry her, and how he has dropped out of school, and they both work hourly jobs at fast food restaurants.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #81
SureShot
Naked Boots!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Don't shack up with someone that doesn't make you better.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #82
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

If she has a sister, give her the business........if she doesnt leave you then you can consider moving with her.
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #83
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

I would take advice that The Rev gave you. This girl sounds like excuse after excuse why her life has been bad and why she can't hold a job. Sounds like she is using you for a meal ticket. Whatever you do you have to make sure you don't knock her up.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #84
SureShot
Naked Boots!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I disagree. Shack up with plenty that don't make you better... just don't have breakfast with them
I think our definitions of shackin up differ. Bang away but don't pay her bills for Tebow sake.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #85
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

What was your relationship like with your family before this chick came in the picture?

FWW I am with the Rev on this one. 25 is young, but not that young. There are mistakes you can recover from - but throwing away a job on whim that you'll get a decent one in Myrtle Beach (probably doing accounting for some aspect of the service industry, not really advancing your career) is a big mistake. If you have a kid with her that will be a complete disaster.

My advice - apply for graduate school. Take the loans you need to make it happen. Get a better education and a better job and chances are good that on a college campus you can meet someone with intelligence and amibition to match your own.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #86
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Break up with her and go get yourself a Josina.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #87
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post

@ Buddy Tebow ...

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #88
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

If you are asking us, you know that this is a bad idea. It sucks, but it sound like you found someone that isn't an adult and isn't ready to have serious relationship. If you go back to SC, then chances are all the bad decisions that she made before will be rearing their ugly heads and you will be stuck in the middle, without a full time job and no family support group.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #89
leon
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Either make her get an education or drop her.. You are taking on way too much baggage for a guy in your position. You haven't even started to live yet and you wanna take all this on. You are "golden" a guy with an education,no kids,the world is yours, you make things happen and you lead don't follow when you don't have to!!!!!
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #90
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Don't underestimate the value of getting out of a state you hate, and away from dysfunctional family.

Better to have a job lined up in advance, but get out when you can.

And... Do you trust your g/f to be a partner to you, rather than an albatross around your neck?
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #91
bombay
Ring of Famer

The economic 'recovery' doesn't seem to include jobs yet, and it doesn't sound like you have a cushion.

Be careful.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:54 PM   #92
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No brainer, imo.

"She hasn't had a job because she continues to get hired at a place and either not like it"

"Also, she has a 4 year old daughter, so makes it tougher."

"Now, I don't want to get in too many details, but she had a terrible childhood that caused her to have to drop out of high school"

Three key sentences. I'm sure she had rough circumstances as you said, but now she has a 4 year old and apparently lacks the responsibility to even put a solid effort into independently taking care of her child. You can try and blow that off as another reason to where she feels comfortable moving, but uprooting your own life (which it sounds like you have YOUR **** together, albeit probably a little blinded by emotion) on a chance she matures is absurd.

Side note: Unrelated to the previous point, but something that sounds like it's true. You may be being used. A relationship should be based on mutual respect, not by being Captain Save-A-Ho. That may or may not pertain to you, but take a step back and a close look at who you are and the reality of your relationship before doing ANYTHING.

So much more goes into this... what are your families opinions? Is this relationship what caused stress between you and your family? Do you feel the relationship is healthy, or is moving an option partly because you think it will heal part of the relationship?
Im with this guy. I know at work when Im trying to explain something that might not go over well I skip the details too.

If I had a 4 YO and was basically a single parent Id shovel **** if I had to at midnight....What makes you so sure she wont get a crappy job in SC? a lot of people have ****ty jobs but they do them anyway because they have kids.
DenverBroncosJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #93
Meck77

Nothing in life is without risk. Go with your gut.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #94
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Nothing in life is without risk. Go with your gut.
For some risks that is fine. Not this one imo. Think it through carefully with an eye on what happens if it all goes to s**t what did you give up to end up with that result. If we were talking about the job vs you spending 6 months in Europe I'd say go with your gut and get out of there.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:07 PM   #95
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post

If I had a 4 YO and was basically a single parent Id shovel **** if I had to at midnight.
This.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #96
Dogsweat

Go West
Dogsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #97
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

HoFer

This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen dude...i prolly wouldn't be with someone that has a kid, no job and no HS diploma to begin with!

I think she may want to be closer to the baby's dad and is just using that she isn't happy as an excuse to move closer! Not that that's bad but why hide it if in fact she is?? If for no reason why closer to where she's from and further from where your from?? Why not CO?? AZ?? ND??

I think she's holding you back and using you. I wouldn't be surprised if she got her feet underneath her she wouldn't up and leave you!

If you really love her and vice versa...it shouldn't be a problem to wait at least until you find a better job there and have some money saved up. No offense but it doesn't sound like she thinks very logically! Tell her this and observe her reaction..i mean, why June?!?! Why not October or February of next year?? It's easy for someone like that to say when there not the one supporting the "family". I think you'd be making a dumb decision and will regret the decision a year to 3 years down the road from now if you go there with her. Something just doesn't seem right imo!!

Just my .02...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #98
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I've heard Austin is a liberal bastion & hippy playground.

And there'd be them pesky "hook 'em horns" everywhere...

Just say no to all that pain.
We have plenty of conservatives in Austin, naturally. The hippies make for a nice environment. Great food & arts. Fantastic [outdoor] live music every night of the week.

And the Longhorns have a better gameday than the Houston Texans. Guaranteed.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #99
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Also if she is out of state with the kid is she violating any visitation rights granted to the dad?
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #100
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
For some risks that is fine. Not this one imo. Think it through carefully with an eye on what happens if it all goes to s**t what did you give up to end up with that result. If we were talking about the job vs you spending 6 months in Europe I'd say go with your gut and get out of there.
Sometimes the craziest opportunities come out of what happens when everything goes to ****.

As long as you're a hard worker, honest, and have goals you can bounce back from any risk. In fact, if that's your personality I think the biggest risk is not taking one, and being mired in mediocrity.

I'm not sure whether that fit's the OP, that's just more of a life commentary. If you don't have work ethic and ambition, taking risks is stupid.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote