The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #76
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

McFoneco, this chick is holding you back of becoming a productive citizen. She wants you to go back to her part of the world where her life wasnt very good. She is 22 and already damaged goods. Sorry, but it is true. She has no education, no job, no aspirations it seems and a 4 year old kid. You really want to get involved with someone with a kid at 25? Plus, she wants you to move to easier living so you can probably work side by side with her at some truck stop or Waffle House. You should look at yourself and see why you are settling so low. Are you an easy push over? Do you have low self esteem? If you want to get out of Texas, go for it. If you really need to stay with her, tell her she needs to stay away from the misery of her hometown and get her **** together and have that GED by the end of the year and then enroll in college. Furthermore, if you moved to South Carolina, will you have to deal with the loser that knocked up your girlfriend? In my eyes, you picked a loser in life. Nice girl but you are making excuses for her and she might never change. If you dont listen now, how does "Step Daddy" sound to you?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #77
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Advice I'd give my own son if he were in your shoes: Do not give up one job (the proverbial "bird in the hand") without a new (hopefully better-paying) one already lined up. Some jobs can be applied for online... you might look into that too (and the local Chamber of Commerce website for whatever town you're looking at moving to). Money troubles are one of the primary issues that can put stress on a relationship though.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #78
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Way off base. Myrtle Beach is actually the only place with restaurants where she can be a server.
When I grow up, I want to quit school, have a kid at 18 with no marriage, find a guy to support me and work at one of those cool jobs where you can where a skirt and talk to the customers......like being a server.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #79
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
But did you really waste your time? I bet you learned things that most take decades to learn. In the end are you better for it? Did you learn something? Are you wiser now.

Some things in life can only learned through trial and error. We all have to get knocked down before we get up again...

Yes, I did waste my time. But like I said it was worth it. Doesn't mean I wouldnt do things differently but as you said I came out better, smarter, wiser and with a fat 3 year old who is awesome....

Thats why i gave him the candy scenario. some things you can learn on your own. It will be tougher, but you will get the full meaning of them. or you take peoples word for it still learn it but not as much or in the same way.......For me atleast- had I taken the blue pill- I probably would be able to retire at 30...Now I basically am starting over from scratch only I have a 3 year old i have to support too. But that will just make me work harder and be better. Maybe this was the best for me.? Same could be said for him....But I am not sure. Could be too early for me to tell.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #80
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

I've been happily married for 30 Years, and it only took three marriages to figure it out (however, the third time really is the charm ), so I speak from experience-this has disaster written all over it-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #81
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Dude my advice to you is don't take advice that suggests one choice over another, there is no one here that knows the situation well enough to make that type of call.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #82
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #83
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Myrtle Beach blows, dude.
Jason Heyward lived there.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #84
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Move to Austin. The birthplace and final resting place of all that is cool.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #85
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Get job first, then move. Don't be stupid and run away from your family and a good job because your G/F or wife isn't happy in her job. Time to be a grown up. You are 25 now and it's time to stop just doing things and hoping they will work out.

You need to plan a move a little more I think. At least save up 6 months worth of money and then make the move. Really you need a job before you move there.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #86
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
Move to Austin. The birthplace and final resting place of all that is cool.
Austin would be at the top of my list if I was relocating.

Lot's of bands for me to hook up with and play my sax. Killer looking ladies, cool city with lots to do, vibrant music scene...Hell yeah Austin has it going on.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #87
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

How is all of this free advice working for you?
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #88
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've heard Austin is a liberal bastion & hippy playground.

And there'd be them pesky "hook 'em horns" everywhere...

Just say no to all that pain.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #89
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

She sounds like my ex. Troubled childhood, manipulative, kids, can't hold a job, didn't graduate etc.

Once I dumped her, I have accomplished so much more in my life, on my way to grad school now, found a woman 10000x better than I ever imagined, and actually have some money in the bank.

She found some sad 25-year-old sap to marry her, and how he has dropped out of school, and they both work hourly jobs at fast food restaurants.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #90
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Don't shack up with someone that doesn't make you better.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #91
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
Don't shack up with someone that doesn't make you better.
I disagree. Shack up with plenty that don't make you better... just don't have breakfast with them
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #92
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

If she has a sister, give her the business........if she doesnt leave you then you can consider moving with her.
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #93
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

I would take advice that The Rev gave you. This girl sounds like excuse after excuse why her life has been bad and why she can't hold a job. Sounds like she is using you for a meal ticket. Whatever you do you have to make sure you don't knock her up.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #94
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I disagree. Shack up with plenty that don't make you better... just don't have breakfast with them
I think our definitions of shackin up differ. Bang away but don't pay her bills for Tebow sake.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #95
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

What was your relationship like with your family before this chick came in the picture?

FWW I am with the Rev on this one. 25 is young, but not that young. There are mistakes you can recover from - but throwing away a job on whim that you'll get a decent one in Myrtle Beach (probably doing accounting for some aspect of the service industry, not really advancing your career) is a big mistake. If you have a kid with her that will be a complete disaster.

My advice - apply for graduate school. Take the loans you need to make it happen. Get a better education and a better job and chances are good that on a college campus you can meet someone with intelligence and amibition to match your own.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #96
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Break up with her and go get yourself a Josina.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #97
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post

@ Buddy Tebow ...

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #98
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

If you are asking us, you know that this is a bad idea. It sucks, but it sound like you found someone that isn't an adult and isn't ready to have serious relationship. If you go back to SC, then chances are all the bad decisions that she made before will be rearing their ugly heads and you will be stuck in the middle, without a full time job and no family support group.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #99
leon
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Either make her get an education or drop her.. You are taking on way too much baggage for a guy in your position. You haven't even started to live yet and you wanna take all this on. You are "golden" a guy with an education,no kids,the world is yours, you make things happen and you lead don't follow when you don't have to!!!!!
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #100
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Don't underestimate the value of getting out of a state you hate, and away from dysfunctional family.

Better to have a job lined up in advance, but get out when you can.

And... Do you trust your g/f to be a partner to you, rather than an albatross around your neck?
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote