The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #1576
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Not sure if this was posted but I saw the Panthers jet outside my window landing in Boston last Friday

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5050997
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #1577
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Lions acquire Rob Sims in trade with Seahawks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-seahawks/

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 5, 2010 1:05 PM ET

Rob Sims is heading to Detroit.

Sims, a guard who recently signed his restricted free agent tender with the Seahawks, has been traded to the Lions. Adam Schefter first reported the news on Twitter.

The trade is no surprise; the new Seahawks coaching staff had said Sims wasn't in their long-term plans, and we noted yesterday that Sims was likely to be traded to either the Lions or Bears this week.

There's no word yet on what the Lions gave up to acquire Sims.

In 2009 the 26-year-old Sims started 14 games for the Seahawks. In 2010 he's likely to be the starting left guard for the Lions.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #1578
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

The St. Louis Rams announced Monday that they have released quarterback Marc Bulger.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #1579
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Former Chicago Bears defensive end Alex Brown reached a two-year deal worth $6 million with the New Orleans Saints, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
The Saints brought Brown in for a visit on Tuesday.
Brown will be 31 in June and has played eight seasons for Chicago. His six sacks last season ranked second on the team.

The rich get richer...
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #1580
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

The St. Louis Rams have signed veteran linebacker Na'il Diggs.
The terms of the deal, announced Wednesday, were not disclosed.
Diggs has made 127 career starts for the Green Bay Packers and Carolina Panthers, with whom he spent the past four seasons. The 31-year-old linebacker started 11 games for the Panthers last season and led the Packers in tackles from 2002-04.
The former Ohio State star, a fourth-round selection of Green Bay in 2000, also has 11 sacks and five interceptions in his career.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #1581
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
Former Chicago Bears defensive end Alex Brown reached a two-year deal worth $6 million with the New Orleans Saints, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
The Saints brought Brown in for a visit on Tuesday.
Brown will be 31 in June and has played eight seasons for Chicago. His six sacks last season ranked second on the team.

The rich get richer...
Good solid signing for New Orleans....if Denver still ran the 4-3, I would have really wanted to see him sign with us.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #1582
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-meathead.html

Fireman Ed calls Jason Taylor a meathead

Every time I see or hear about that twat (Fireman Ed), I think about how me and my bud almost goaded him into a fight walking outside the stadium after the Jets/Broncos AFC Championship Game. He looked like he was ready to cry after the game. He is a douchebag who deserved all the **** we were blowing him.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:34 AM   #1583
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-meathead.html

Fireman Ed calls Jason Taylor a meathead

Every time I see or hear about that twat (Fireman Ed), I think about how me and my bud almost goaded him into a fight walking outside the stadium after the Jets/Broncos AFC Championship Game. He looked like he was ready to cry after the game. He is a douchebag who deserved all the **** we were blowing him.
Yeah, I was at the Broncos/Jets game last year in the Meadowlands. It was a cold and wet day, and before the game started they were showing him all over the jumbotron, jumping up and down. Well i was seated not too far away from him, and he didn't even make it to the end of the 3rd Quarter before slinking away with his tail between his legs. Pretty hardcore, Jackass.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #1584
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Yeah, I was at the Broncos/Jets game last year in the Meadowlands. It was a cold and wet day, and before the game started they were showing him all over the jumbotron, jumping up and down. Well i was seated not too far away from him, and he didn't even make it to the end of the 3rd Quarter before slinking away with his tail between his legs. Pretty hardcore, Jackass.
I thought he used the excuse that he has some illness/disablity. If you want to go to the game and bail, fine but if your going to cheerlead do it all 4 quarters.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #1585
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Sources: Santonio Holmes facing four-game suspension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...me-suspension/

Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2010 11:24 AM ET

Late Friday afternoon brought good news for the Pittsburgh Steelers, with the report from ESPN that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger won't be charged with sexual assault in Milledgeville, Georgia.

Now for the bad news.

Multiple sources have advised us that receiver Santonio Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the league's substance-abuse policy. It's presently unknown whether Holmes tested positive for a prohibited substance or committed some other violation of the policy, such as missing a required test. It's our current understanding that the internal NFL appeals process has not been finalized.

Under the substance-abuse policy, a four-game suspension comes after multiple violations. The fact that Holmes, the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, is facing a four-game suspension means that Holmes previously has paid a fine in the amount of three seventeenths of his base salary (i.e., three game checks).

Though we're not aware of the specific identity of the substance involved, Holmes has a history with marijuana. In 2008, he was cited for marijuana possession, prompting the Steelers to suspend him for one game with pay. Recently, he posted on Twitter a message indicating an intention to "wake n bake," slang for smoking marijuana upon getting out of bed.

Holmes also has recently been accused of throwing a drink in the face of a woman at an Orlando nightclub. The alleged victim has both sued Holmes and pursued criminal liability, after indicating on the scene that she did not want to press charges. His lawyer has denied the accusations, recently claiming that a witness has signed a sworn statement taking responsibility for throwing the drink. The suspension Holmes faces arose independently of this alleged incident.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #1586
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Idiot
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #1587
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Steelers re-sign DE Eason to one-year deal

The Pittsburgh Steelers re-signed defensive end Nick Eason to a one-year contract on Monday. Financial terms of the deal were not announced.
The 6-foot-3, 305-pounder will be entering his fourth year with the Steelers after originally inking a deal with the club as an unrestricted free agent in April, 2007. Prior to joining the Steelers, Eason spent 2003 with Denver and the following three campaigns with Cleveland.
Eason has played in 69 career games -- nine starts -- and has recorded 92 tackles, including three sacks

Old 04-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #1588
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Kyle Boller returns to the Bay Area

Posted by Mike Florio on April 15, 2010 5:34 PM ET
Quarterback Kyle Boller, who parlayed his stint at Cal-Berkeley into a ride up the draft board and, eventually, a disappointing career as a starting NFL quarterback, has returned to the Bay Area.

The Raiders have announced, via Twitter, that they have signed Boller.

He does not yet appear on the team's web site, either on the transactions page or on the roster.

Boller spent the 2009 season with the Rams, after spending 2008 on injured reserve with the Ravens. In all, Boller was in Baltimore for six years. He started 42 games over five seasons, including all 16 in 2004.

In Oakland, he'll presumably compete with JaMarcus Russell and Bruce Gradkowski for the starting job. Boller's final year in Baltimore was also Raiders offensive coordinator Hue Jackson's first of two years with the Ravens.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #1589
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Steelers re-sign DE Eason to one-year deal

The Pittsburgh Steelers re-signed defensive end Nick Eason to a one-year contract on Monday. Financial terms of the deal were not announced.
The 6-foot-3, 305-pounder will be entering his fourth year with the Steelers after originally inking a deal with the club as an unrestricted free agent in April, 2007. Prior to joining the Steelers, Eason spent 2003 with Denver and the following three campaigns with Cleveland.
Eason has played in 69 career games -- nine starts -- and has recorded 92 tackles, including three sacks

Nick Eason, another Shanahan draft pick. Wow, he sucked.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #1590
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

The Raiders' addition of Kyle Boller on Thursday came after an injury to one of their incumbent QBs.
Agent Ralph Cindrich confirmed to the AP, after PFT had reported, that QB Bruce Gradkowski tore a pectoral muscle lifting weights.
Gradkowski, who is going to compete with JaMarcus Russell for the starting job in camp, is going to have surgery. Cindrich told the AP that Gradkowski will likely be healed before training camp starts. -- Sean Leahy
Old 04-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #1591
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Anyone else hear the rumor that Cleveland and St. Louis are talking about a trade for the #1 pick?. Why Cleveland would do this is beyond me. Of course, Mike Holmgren is their GM so who knows what the heck he's thinking....
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #1592
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Ted ginn just traded to 49ers for a late-round pick in this year's draft! http://myloc.me/64NgJ 19 minutes ago via UberTwitter
Old 04-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #1593
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Seahawks welcome WR Williamses back to NFL

By GREGG BELL (AP) – 16 hours ago
SEATTLE — Pete Carroll wasn't kidding when he promised to bring guys in from everywhere, with all kinds of backgrounds, to compete for jobs with the Seattle Seahawks.
Friday, the coach brought aboard wide receivers Mike Williams and Reggie Williams, both former first-round draft picks by other teams who then flopped out of the league. The big wide receivers signed free-agent contracts less than 24 hours after they finished three-day tryouts in Carroll's first Seahawks minicamp.
The 6-foot-5 Mike Williams is the former No. 10 overall draft choice of the Detroit Lions who ballooned to 270 pounds and has been out of the league for two years. He played for Carroll at Southern California through 2003.
He visited USC and his old coach for a pick-me-up in October, before he started working with a personal trainer to get ready for this chance.
"It's like riding a bike — except the bike is a little rusty right now," he said of playing for the first time since Tennessee released him in the early months of 2008.
Reggie Williams, at 6-4, is the former ninth overall pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars from nearby Tacoma and the University of Washington. He is serving two years of probation stemming from a cocaine possession charge. He has been out of the league for a year.
He says Carroll has already proven to be the same exciting, motivating guy who recruited him out of Lakes High School years ago.
"It's just a gift from God that I'm allowed the second opportunity to play the game that I love, especially in my hometown," he said.
It could become a gift to three-time Pro Bowl quarterback Matt Hasselbeck.
Seattle's previous regimes under Mike Holmgren and the one-year run of Jim Mora last season preferred smaller receivers such as Darrell Jackson, Bobby Engram and Deion Branch.
Carroll? For his wide receivers, bigger is better.
"If you look back at our past we love big guys and have had a lot of success with them," Carroll said. "We haven't changed our attitude on that at all."
Both Williamses have plenty of work to do to compete in training camp for playing time. They just got Seattle's playbook on Monday. And playing shape will remain an issue for a while. Mike Williams said that before he began training in October he was doing "nothing, nothing important, nothing I can remember."
Yet their size makes them enticing options for a team that wants to throw the ball downfield more under Carroll's new offense.
"I would say each of them would admit they have a ways to go, but I think they are heading in the right direction — personally and professionally," Seahawks general manager John Schneider said.
Mike Williams was drafted ahead of DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman and Aaron Rodgers early in 2005. But the fed-up Lions dumped him after just 37 catches and 1 1/2 seasons. The Raiders got rid of him after just seven games in 2007. The Titans did the same thing later that season. He played just two games for them.
"I've really embraced every aspect of this — from even just having my name on the back of a jersey," Williams said. "This is definitely a great opportunity. I appreciate the Seahawks, obviously."
Reggie Williams is also 26. Considered a flop after Jacksonville didn't resign him beyond his rookie contract following the 2008 season, he missed all of '09 while in legal trouble.
Last May, he was sentenced to two years of probation for cocaine possession. In that case, an off-duty police officer in Houston used a Taser to subdue him after he allegedly refused to leave a bar.
He's since gotten engaged. He has a son nearly 5 months old, Rush.
"I became a better person, a better man, because of those mistakes," he said Thursday, before he learned he had a contract. "I'm just glad I have the opportunity to be out here and playing. It means everything for me and from my family."
Seattle also signed cornerback Kennard Cox, guard Mitch Erickson and fullback Ryan Powdrell. All were among the 17 free agents who got tryouts in the minicamp.

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel! They should have traded for BM!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #1594
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Seahawks welcome WR Williamses back to NFL

By GREGG BELL (AP) 16 hours ago
SEATTLE Pete Carroll wasn't kidding when he promised to bring guys in from everywhere, with all kinds of backgrounds, to compete for jobs with the Seattle Seahawks.
Friday, the coach brought aboard wide receivers Mike Williams and Reggie Williams, both former first-round draft picks by other teams who then flopped out of the league. The big wide receivers signed free-agent contracts less than 24 hours after they finished three-day tryouts in Carroll's first Seahawks minicamp.
The 6-foot-5 Mike Williams is the former No. 10 overall draft choice of the Detroit Lions who ballooned to 270 pounds and has been out of the league for two years. He played for Carroll at Southern California through 2003.
He visited USC and his old coach for a pick-me-up in October, before he started working with a personal trainer to get ready for this chance.
"It's like riding a bike except the bike is a little rusty right now," he said of playing for the first time since Tennessee released him in the early months of 2008.
Reggie Williams, at 6-4, is the former ninth overall pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars from nearby Tacoma and the University of Washington. He is serving two years of probation stemming from a cocaine possession charge. He has been out of the league for a year.
He says Carroll has already proven to be the same exciting, motivating guy who recruited him out of Lakes High School years ago.
"It's just a gift from God that I'm allowed the second opportunity to play the game that I love, especially in my hometown," he said.
It could become a gift to three-time Pro Bowl quarterback Matt Hasselbeck.
Seattle's previous regimes under Mike Holmgren and the one-year run of Jim Mora last season preferred smaller receivers such as Darrell Jackson, Bobby Engram and Deion Branch.
Carroll? For his wide receivers, bigger is better.
"If you look back at our past we love big guys and have had a lot of success with them," Carroll said. "We haven't changed our attitude on that at all."
Both Williamses have plenty of work to do to compete in training camp for playing time. They just got Seattle's playbook on Monday. And playing shape will remain an issue for a while. Mike Williams said that before he began training in October he was doing "nothing, nothing important, nothing I can remember."
Yet their size makes them enticing options for a team that wants to throw the ball downfield more under Carroll's new offense.
"I would say each of them would admit they have a ways to go, but I think they are heading in the right direction personally and professionally," Seahawks general manager John Schneider said.
Mike Williams was drafted ahead of DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman and Aaron Rodgers early in 2005. But the fed-up Lions dumped him after just 37 catches and 1 1/2 seasons. The Raiders got rid of him after just seven games in 2007. The Titans did the same thing later that season. He played just two games for them.
"I've really embraced every aspect of this from even just having my name on the back of a jersey," Williams said. "This is definitely a great opportunity. I appreciate the Seahawks, obviously."
Reggie Williams is also 26. Considered a flop after Jacksonville didn't resign him beyond his rookie contract following the 2008 season, he missed all of '09 while in legal trouble.
Last May, he was sentenced to two years of probation for cocaine possession. In that case, an off-duty police officer in Houston used a Taser to subdue him after he allegedly refused to leave a bar.
He's since gotten engaged. He has a son nearly 5 months old, Rush.
"I became a better person, a better man, because of those mistakes," he said Thursday, before he learned he had a contract. "I'm just glad I have the opportunity to be out here and playing. It means everything for me and from my family."
Seattle also signed cornerback Kennard Cox, guard Mitch Erickson and fullback Ryan Powdrell. All were among the 17 free agents who got tryouts in the minicamp.

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel! They should have traded for BM!
They made a huge mistake by not stepping up to the plate and taking a chance with Marshall.

If a cocaine conviction and a cop having to taser Williams is ok, then BM would have been a better risk and a huge talent upgrade.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #1595
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Reunited with Pete Carroll for small money = good move by Pete. I always wondered if the current Pete Carroll coaching style would translate into the NFL, we will see.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #1596
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-schedule.html

Cowboys Shopping DE Marcus Spears, S Pat Watkins, LB Bobby Carpenter, G Cory Procter, WR Sam Hurd

Jets Shopping G Alan Foneco, DE Shaun Ellis, OLB Bryan Thomas

Looks like McD was totally ahead of the curve. Although, actually all the aforementioned players are not as good as they once were or turned out not to be as good as advertised. Still, market is now getting flooded with some names.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #1597
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Reunited with Pete Carroll for small money = good move by Pete. I always wondered if the current Pete Carroll coaching style would translate into the NFL, we will see.
For whatever it's worth, Carroll wasn't THAT bad the first time around. He got screwed by NY and was ok in New England. He was a rah rah kind of guy which reminded me of the problems I remember reading that John Ralston had in Denver 35 years ago. Maybe he has a more confident and mature approach to the game after his success at USC. I would bet that he does well.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:03 PM   #1598
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Torry Holt heading to New England

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-new-england/

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 20, 2010 1:52 PM ET

The New England Patriots are about to add a veteran wide receiver.

Tom E. Curran of CSNNE.com tweets that Torry Holt will be signing with the Patriots.

In 2009 Holt played in 15 games for the Jaguars, starting 12 and catching 51 passes for 722 yards.

Holt, who will turn 34 in June, played his first 10 seasons with the St. Louis Rams and said early in the offseason that he wanted to be reunited with his old Rams coach and current Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz. But the Bears never showed much interest, and now Holt is heading to New England.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #1599
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

New England has become the Love Boat of old WRs.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #1600
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I have to admit I love NEs trade & draft moves glad Josh cut his teeth there
baja is offline   Reply With Quote