The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2005, 12:57 PM   #1
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default Denver may open up at home against the Skins or at Jax, Mia,Buff, Gay C or NYG

Tuesday, March 22, 2005
For Openers ...

League's Week 1 Announcement Leaves Six Possibilities for Regular-Season Lid-Lifter
By Andrew Mason
DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Based on the slate of nationally televised games announced Monday, there's a one-in-six chance that the Broncos will be at home to open the regular season.

The Broncos were not among the teams chosen to play on the opening Thursday, Sunday or Monday night. That means the only chance they have to open the season at home is to play the Washington Redskins, since CBS does not broadcast late games in Week 1 due to their coverage of the U.S. Open tennis championships.

If the Broncos open against the 'Skins, FOX would air that game, as they do all non-primetime home games against NFC opponents. The Broncos are 16-5 all-time in games broadcast by the FOX network, a ledger that includes the team's Super Bowl XXXIII win over the Atlanta Falcons.

Denver cannot face their other NFC home opponents, the Philadelphia Eagles, because they are slotted to open the season on Monday Night Football against the Atlanta Falcons in a rematch of the NFC Championship.

If the Broncos are on the road, there are five possibilities -- the Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs and New York Giants.

The Broncos' other 2005 road opponents -- the San Diego Chargers, Dallas Cowboys and Oakland Raiders -- are all slotted into nationally televised games in Week 1 as announced by the league, with the Raiders playing at New England and the Chargers hosting the Cowboys.

The full schedule will be released at a later date. Last year it was announced on April 14; the year before it was released on April 3.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #2
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

They have 3/8 of a chance of being right, how accurate!
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #3
BritBronco Maniac
Realist

I wish they would hurry up and annouce the dates already

Its holding up my holiday booking!
BritBronco Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritBronco Maniac
I wish they would hurry up and annouce the dates already

Its holding up my holiday booking!
I hear ya..........Second trip to Denver for me......me and brother (who is an iggles fan) are coming down to the Philly game.
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:36 PM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I am strongly considering a trip to Denver for a regular season game in September. The Skins game would be nice, i am hoping we play at home against the Chargers in September so i could go to that game instead taking my best friend, Charger Fan (he is a recovering ex-Raider Fan too).

Old 03-23-2005, 01:39 PM   #6
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I predict that we'll be at Miami opening weekend for the season. Just my feeling. The way the last couple of seasons have been, we've had softer opening schedules vs. harder closing schedules. I'm sure we'll be loaded up with playoff teams in December yet AGAIN.

My ideal trip would be going to KC in week 1. I would love to get that trip out of the way. They always seem to put us at KC in December weather where we don't ever fare well.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:42 PM   #7
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
I am strongly considering a trip to Denver for a regular season game in September. The Skins game would be nice, i am hoping we play at home against the Chargers in September so i could go to that game instead taking my best friend, Charger Fan (he is a recovering ex-Raider Fan too).
i'm going (prolly) to the Giants game, cuz i live in NY and a game in Den over columbus Day weekend and/or a game around Christmas in Den. I am very eager to find out when all of the games are. My cousin is Joe Ellis, who is the Executive VP of Business Operations for the Broncos, so now i get to go to the games that i can get to.
dbroncos31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #8
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
September game here as well.....maybe October at the latest, schedule depending. I'm hoping it lines up with when the Rockies are in town (weekend of Sept. 25th) so I can catch the baseball game on Friday night, help pack the bus Saturday night and join up with the OF1 crew on Sunday for the game. I did this last year and it rocked.

I know they'll be in Buffalo sometime this season, but I wouldn't go there for a game if you paid me to....too many bad experiences for me @ Rich....those people are just plain animals.

Last edited by Hogan11; 03-23-2005 at 05:55 PM..
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:52 PM   #9
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Get better friends...we should get up....I'm absolutely going to a game in Denver this year.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:53 PM   #10
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

I really hope the Dallas game isn't on thanksgiving.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #11
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Well, I hope you guys put your KC trip off until late in the year.

Ah, who are we kidding? We'll split again no matter what time of year we play. But we could use that nice soft cushiony victory over Denver in the middle of our playoff run.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:02 PM   #12
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I just hope they have a good early home game when the weather is still nice.

The raider game last year was fun (minus losing) but I'll take weather like we had for KC any day... it was real nice.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:34 PM   #13
FADERPROOF

I'll probably end up at Giants stadium watching the Broncos play.

I might just catch the Texas-OSU game and another one instead and blow my precious money on the college game.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
September game here as well.....maybe October at the latest, schedule depending. I'm hoping it lines up with when the Rockies are in town (weekend of Sept. 25th) so I can catch the baseball game on Friday night, help pack the bus Saturday night and join up with the OF1 crew on Sunday for the game. I did this last year and it rocked.

I know they'll be in Buffalo sometime this season, but I wouldn't go there for a game if you paid me to....too many bad experiences for me @ Rich....those people are just plain animals.
Hey Hogan, if we end up going to the same game in september you gotta remind me to bring that jersey for you. I will give you a choice, either that Portis/Sharpe Flavor Clown creation or a shiny new Nick Ferguson jersey, its your choice, bud.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:06 PM   #15
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenFan38
I'll probably end up at Giants stadium watching the Broncos play.

I might just catch the Texas-OSU game and another one instead and blow my precious money on the college game.
Then again, I may not even be a Broncos fan by that time depending on who we draft so there's a good shot that my money will be devoted to go see the Buckeyes play.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:32 PM   #16
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11

Dude, I love that place. Go there about 3 times per year. I can't ait for Denver to go back. Haven't been since Traylor intercepted that pass and "ran" for a TD.

The place is crazy. Against the Jets or fins the place is 1/2 empty by the 3rd quarter. Fights EVERYWHERE!!! All ya see are the neon security jackets in swarms all over the stadium. Best atmosphere that i've been aroiund though and I've been to Philly, Baltimore, DC, Denver, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Carolina, Cincy, Detroit and Indy. It's frickin great.
27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:36 PM   #17
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenFan38
Then again, I may not even be a Broncos fan by that time depending on who we draft so there's a good shot that my money will be devoted to go see the Buckeyes play.

We're trying to organize a group to meet up at the Bills game. So afr a bunch of guys from thefreak are going, plus a few of my friends who are local bronco fans. you should consider meeting up with us. we can tailgate at a the Community College lot behind the stadium. It's real cheap parking and is a short walk to the stadium. It'd be REAL easy for everyone to meet up that way. ALL ARE WELCOME to represent the Orange and Blue in Buffalo!!!
27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:01 PM   #18
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27atwater
Dude, I love that place. Go there about 3 times per year. I can't ait for Denver to go back. Haven't been since Traylor intercepted that pass and "ran" for a TD.

The place is crazy. Against the Jets or fins the place is 1/2 empty by the 3rd quarter. Fights EVERYWHERE!!! All ya see are the neon security jackets in swarms all over the stadium. Best atmosphere that i've been aroiund though and I've been to Philly, Baltimore, DC, Denver, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Carolina, Cincy, Detroit and Indy. It's frickin great.
You like it and that's cool....I don't pay my money to fight though and always....always some drunken goon wants to get into my face there, even if Denver isn't in town. I go to Sabres games in full Flyers regalia and never get messed with like I always have at a Bills game.

No thanks, I'll pass....screw that place.

Last edited by Hogan11; 03-23-2005 at 08:09 PM..
Old 03-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #19
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Hey Hogan, if we end up going to the same game in september you gotta remind me to bring that jersey for you. I will give you a choice, either that Portis/Sharpe Flavor Clown creation or a shiny new Nick Ferguson jersey, its your choice, bud.
Funny.....somehow though, I have a really creepy feelin' that you'd might actually do something like that......

Save your cash and just buy me a beer...I don't need any rags.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:36 PM   #20
broncofan4life
Solid Starter

just got season tickets going to at least 6 games depending on work. They need to hurry up with the dates so I can book my filghts. went 4 games last year to up my record to 15-1.
broncofan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:45 PM   #21
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal
I really hope the Dallas game isn't on thanksgiving.
I went to the throw back Den/Dal game in 2001?? or 2000. Thank God Denver barely won against the Ryan Leaf led Cowboys.

I hope it's before thanksgiving BUT not in september. I don't want it to be 100 degrees
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #22
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Already got my hotel reserved, thanks!!!!
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #23
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

He's gonna ban you Rhyme.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer