The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #1076
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
Yeah, it's called be disciplined.

Get away from refined sugars - Ice cream, candy, etc. You should only really be getting sugar from fruit and the minimal amounts found in milk/dairy/etc.

Don't eat enriched flours or pastas. Go all whole wheat for every bread or pasta carb, this means the first ingredient on the pasta or bread should be whole wheat or stone ground whole wheat flour. Spelt grains are really good too, but you typically only get those at health conscious grocers.

Get rid of red meat. Only eat lean meats and fish (99% fat free turkey meat, chicken breast, and salmon/tuna/etc).

Workout and run 3 times a week.

You'll lose 10 lbs in no time.

I've been working out every other night on weight machine but not heavy lifting and I started walking on a treadmill for 20 minutes a day and I am up to 30 minutes now

as for eating we eat alot of grilled food your typical meats and chicken I've given up salt and eat fruit (apples, bananas, oranges, grapes) and I currently don't eat lunch going instead with a protein drink

Is any of this going to work or should I reassess my gameplan and my lower back has been hurting since the treadmill

Thanks
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #1077
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I've been working out every other night on weight machine but not heavy lifting and I started walking on a treadmill for 20 minutes a day and I am up to 30 minutes now

as for eating we eat alot of grilled food your typical meats and chicken I've given up salt and eat fruit (apples, bananas, oranges, grapes) and I currently don't eat lunch going instead with a protein drink

Is any of this going to work or should I reassess my gameplan and my lower back has been hurting since the treadmill

Thanks
Sorry for the late response OU.

Yeah it will definitely work, but it also depends on what you're grilling...

You need to stay away from red meat and grill with 99% fat free turkey meat if you're into burgers etc (you can mix the turkey meat with spices like pepper, garlic, cumin, a little egg, etc to make them taste better). Also use whole wheat buns and stay away from chips. Stay away from pretty much everything with the exception of chicken, fish, and lean turkey meat. If you make a salad, use dressings that are fat free.

Do you use whole milk or fat free milk with your protein drink? I would suggest mixing in blueberries, some organic peanut butter (don't worry about the high fat content, it's good for you), and a banana in your drink.

Lastly, yes it will all work. The key, as I stated previously, is discipline. The biggest problem with the perception of America is that everything should be a quick fix. The hard fact is that it's not. You may not see much weight loss to begin with, you may be drinking more water that contributes to extra water weight and you may be adding some muscle mass which will make it seem like you like nothing is happening as far as your weight is concerned.

This is why things like BMI bear absolutely no meaning in today's society. If you continue along this path, your body will be changing internally, no doubt about it - regardless of what the scale says.

Be patient and keep it up, before you know it you will be feeling 100x better and out of nowhere the pounds will start dropping. Don't try to go for some retarded miracle drug from the inept pharmaceutical and "health" industry.

Last edited by mr007; 11-29-2009 at 09:28 AM..
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #1078
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcMotherEffin007 View Post
Sorry for the late response OU.

Yeah it will definitely work, but it also depends on what you're grilling...

You need to stay away from red meat and grill with 99% fat free turkey meat if you're into burgers etc (you can mix the turkey meat with spices like pepper, garlic, cumin, a little egg, etc to make them taste better). Also use whole wheat buns and stay away from chips. Stay away from pretty much everything with the exception of chicken, fish, and lean turkey meat. If you make a salad, use dressings that are fat free.

Do you use whole milk or fat free milk with your protein drink? I would suggest mixing in blueberries, some organic peanut butter (don't worry about the high fat content, it's good for you), and a banana in your drink.

Lastly, yes it will all work. The key, as I stated previously, is discipline. The biggest problem with the perception of America is that everything should be a quick fix. The hard fact is that it's not. You may not see much weight loss to begin with, you may be drinking more water that contributes to extra water weight and you may be adding some muscle mass which will make it seem like you like nothing is happening as far as your weight is concerned.

This is why things like BMI bear absolutely no meaning in today's society. If you continue along this path, your body will be changing internally, no doubt about it - regardless of what the scale says.

Be patient and keep it up, before you know it you will be feeling 100x better and out of nowhere the pounds will start dropping. Don't try to go for some retarded miracle drug from the inept pharmaceutical and "health" industry.
well starting off giving up ribeyes is just been the hardest thing so far!!

we eat alot of chicken, and lean everything and use the fat free dressings

as for the Drink i'm drinking I use 2% milk and 52g whey protein I hadn't thought about adding anything too it, thanks

I'm not too much into adding muscle mass at this point as losing the 10-15 lbs the doc wants off and I've been drinking the hell out of water

the dr mentioned a book called the GI diet have you tried this

and thanks very much for the info
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #1079
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
well starting off giving up ribeyes is just been the hardest thing so far!!

we eat alot of chicken, and lean everything and use the fat free dressings

as for the Drink i'm drinking I use 2% milk and 52g whey protein I hadn't thought about adding anything too it, thanks

I'm not too much into adding muscle mass at this point as losing the 10-15 lbs the doc wants off and I've been drinking the hell out of water

the dr mentioned a book called the GI diet have you tried this

and thanks very much for the info
I have not tried the GI diet and this is the first time I've heard of it. My diet has come from the past 10 years of learning nutrition on my own and figuring out what works best for my body. It can be used as a template for pretty much anybody.

I briefly looked at the GI diet and it looks ok to me. The key is to keep your healthy eating habits and knowing what healthy eating habits are for 6 days out of the week. As long as you follow that, it's really easy to maintain a lean healthy body.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #1080
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

also get your heart broken by a woman helps you to lose weight. 3 years ago I went from 190 to 150 in a few months.
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #1081
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Roll View Post
also get your heart broken by a woman helps you to lose weight. 3 years ago I went from 190 to 150 in a few months.
That is so true. It happened to me once and I went from about 185 to 165 in a very short period of time. Like, less than a month. I read this article that said when men are heart broken they will always lose weight. It gave the scientific reasons (which I do not remember). When it happened to me I was working out and eating right so the weight came off quick. I remember losing 7 lbs in one week and I kind of freaked out about it. Damn hoes.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #1082
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Weight loss? Hell, it's time to put on your winter coats, it's football season!!
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:18 AM   #1083
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Weight loss? Hell, it's time to put on your winter coats, it's football season!!
I really don't think back hair weighs that much.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:02 AM   #1084
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bronco View Post
i really don't think back hair weighs that much.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:07 AM   #1085
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcMotherEffin007 View Post
Yeah, it's called be disciplined.

Get away from refined sugars - Ice cream, candy, etc. You should only really be getting sugar from fruit and the minimal amounts found in milk/dairy/etc.

Don't eat enriched flours or pastas. Go all whole wheat for every bread or pasta carb, this means the first ingredient on the pasta or bread should be whole wheat or stone ground whole wheat flour. Spelt grains are really good too, but you typically only get those at health conscious grocers.

Get rid of red meat. Only eat lean meats and fish (99% fat free turkey meat, chicken breast, and salmon/tuna/etc).

Workout and run 3 times a week.

You'll lose 10 lbs in no time.
You really need to read the label when comes to "whole wheat" products. Manufacturers will sub in stuff that actually makes them worse for you then some of bad flours.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #1086
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Back on the wagon. I have to recover my momentum before my busy/holiday season hit. Not bad though. This year I put on 13 lbs. during it. It's been much worse in the past. I'll lose 10 of that in a month, and head into the spring headed strong towards my goal weight just in time to start training for the Seattle to Portland bicycle classic!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:51 AM   #1087
shakenbake
Texas Homer

I just finished P90x about a week ago and feel like I got good results.

I started at 227 pounds and ended at 190 pounds.

Still a ways to go, but I think a few more months I will reach my goal of 180.

I have some results pictures I can post when I get to my home computer
shakenbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #1088
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Back on the wagon. I have to recover my momentum before my busy/holiday season hit. Not bad though. This year I put on 13 lbs. during it. It's been much worse in the past. I'll lose 10 of that in a month, and head into the spring headed strong towards my goal weight just in time to start training for the Seattle to Portland bicycle classic!
Have you done this event before TJ? I have heard about it...it was on my 'to-do' list.

I am also planning on bagging Mt Olympus this year. Was dayhiking the Hoh River Trail this weekend and laying groundwork for the bigger summit trip in late summer.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #1089
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

No, I haven't done Seattle to Portland. Hell, I haven't ridden a bike in a decade. But it's been calling me for some time, and this particular ride is serving as inspiration. I don't know if I could pull off two century rides in two days. That's a LOT of pumping. But if I don't do it this year, I'll at least be training to pull the entire thing off next year. One way or another, though, I will do this.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #1090
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I'm getting a Wii and Wii fit to add some variety. I have about 12 pouns to go to my ideal BMI.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #1091
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
No, I haven't done Seattle to Portland. Hell, I haven't ridden a bike in a decade. But it's been calling me for some time, and this particular ride is serving as inspiration. I don't know if I could pull off two century rides in two days. That's a LOT of pumping. But if I don't do it this year, I'll at least be training to pull the entire thing off next year. One way or another, though, I will do this.
I think you should swing for the fences and do the 200 in one day.

I am more of a mountain biker than road biker...but this event has intrigued me. I think they got something like 10,000 people to do this last year.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #1092
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake View Post
I just finished P90x about a week ago and feel like I got good results.

I started at 227 pounds and ended at 190 pounds.

Still a ways to go, but I think a few more months I will reach my goal of 180.

I have some results pictures I can post when I get to my home computer
My wife and I just got ours delivered to us this week. Any advice to survive the first week or so?
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #1093
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan4life View Post
My wife and I just got ours delivered to us this week. Any advice to survive the first week or so?
Just listen to Tony. You probably won't be able to do the entire workout, but just stick with it. p90x is responsible for getting me back in shape and after I finished it got me back in the weight room. After finishing the program I was stronger than I had ever been when I went back to lifting weights and my motivation level is still going strong (finished p90x about a year ago). With that motivation that I got doing p90x, my results in the weight room are at a level that I honestly thought I would never see.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #1094
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Holy cow P90X is kicking my ASS!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #1095
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Holy cow P90X is kicking my ASS!
P90X is good but the The Insanity Workout is truly crazy.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #1096
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan4life View Post
Keep trying even when it extremely hard, and you need to follow the diet to get the best results. Of all the workouts, I found the Yoga X to be the hardest and one that I really love to hate.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #1097
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

P90X... how's it working out for all of you trying it?

I am considering it and would like some feedback. I worked out regularly until about 16 months ago and would like to shed the 10 pounds I have gained since I stopped.

I don't want to give those high priced gyms anymore of my money so what kind of equipment do I need to get results?
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #1098
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBronco View Post
P90X... how's it working out for all of you trying it?

I am considering it and would like some feedback. I worked out regularly until about 16 months ago and would like to shed the 10 pounds I have gained since I stopped.

I don't want to give those high priced gyms anymore of my money so what kind of equipment do I need to get results?
P90X is ok, but there are much better DC style training systems out there.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #1099
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in McLA View Post
That is so true. It happened to me once and I went from about 185 to 165 in a very short period of time. Like, less than a month. I read this article that said when men are heart broken they will always lose weight. It gave the scientific reasons (which I do not remember). When it happened to me I was working out and eating right so the weight came off quick. I remember losing 7 lbs in one week and I kind of freaked out about it. Damn hoes.
Probably because it kicks a guy in the arse to get his butt back in shape to get another woman.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #1100
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
Probably because it kicks a guy in the arse to get his butt back in shape to get another woman.
It's not so much that, because I was working out before everything went down. From the article that I read, I really don't remember the science behind it, is that it happens to all men after a bad break up. I was already working out, the pounds just came off at a much faster rate. At an alarming rate. I've never had weight loss like that.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote