The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #1501
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,453
Default

The Miami Dolphins announced Friday that they are terminating the contract of linebacker Joey Porter.

Porter asked to be cut or traded in the past two weeks because he wasn't happy with his playing time last season. Porter was scheduled to make $4.8 million this season.

Porter, who originally signed with the Dolphins as a free agent on March 7, 2007, had 41 tackles, nine sacks and one forced fumble in 14 games last season.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #1502
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,453
Default

Darrell Green has still got it

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-still-got-it/

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 15, 2010 2:41 PM ET

Darrell Green celebrated his fiftieth birthday Monday like only he can.

The Redskins Hall of Famer tweets that he ran a 4.43 forty in Orlando this morning to celebrate the milestone and humiliate prospects getting ready for next week's Scouting Combine.

Okay, he didn't say that last part. But we'd like to send out a hearty PFT happy birthday to Green, a memorable player for all of his 20 NFL seasons.

We fully expect Todd McShay to soon hear "whispers among league sources" about "some unknown Florida kid named Green" rising up draft boards.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #1503
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,453
Default

SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #1504
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Though some suspected longtime New England Patriots starting guard Stephen Neal was retiring, he is not.

"He's going to be playing," Neal's agent, Neil Cornrich, said in brief comments Wednesday afternoon. "We expect there to be a vibrant free-agent market for his services."

In an offseason in which few starting-caliber offensive linemen will be available, Neal figures to be one of the premium free agents. The Patriots still are interested in retaining his services, but not before Neal at least tests the free-agent market first.

Since joining the Patriots in 2001, Neal has played in 78 games, starting 73 of them. Neal is 33 years old, which is old for a running back, but not a guard. He is one of football's toughest players, having been a national champion amateur wrestler that once defeated WWE champion, and UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

But one of Neal's most impressive feats came last season, when he played with broken ribs that few knew about. It was the latest testament to his toughness and one of the reasons some thought he would retire this offseason. Some thought, at Neal's age, he was finished played.

But Cornrich confirmed Neal is not done, and he intends not only to play next season but to do it at a high level.

Adam Schefter is an NFL reporter for ESPN Insider.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=4922580
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #1505
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 45,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Though some suspected longtime New England Patriots starting guard Stephen Neal was retiring, he is not.

"He's going to be playing," Neal's agent, Neil Cornrich, said in brief comments Wednesday afternoon. "We expect there to be a vibrant free-agent market for his services."

In an offseason in which few starting-caliber offensive linemen will be available, Neal figures to be one of the premium free agents. The Patriots still are interested in retaining his services, but not before Neal at least tests the free-agent market first.

Since joining the Patriots in 2001, Neal has played in 78 games, starting 73 of them. Neal is 33 years old, which is old for a running back, but not a guard. He is one of football's toughest players, having been a national champion amateur wrestler that once defeated WWE champion, and UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

But one of Neal's most impressive feats came last season, when he played with broken ribs that few knew about. It was the latest testament to his toughness and one of the reasons some thought he would retire this offseason. Some thought, at Neal's age, he was finished played.

But Cornrich confirmed Neal is not done, and he intends not only to play next season but to do it at a high level.

Adam Schefter is an NFL reporter for ESPN Insider.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=4922580
Neal would be a nice transplant here. Does he play LG or RG?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #1506
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Neal would be a nice transplant here. Does he play LG or RG?
right
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #1507
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,304
Default

Texans | May not franchise D. Robinson
Comment (0)
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:26:34 -0800

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports via Twitter he spoke with Houston Texans pending free-agent CB Dunta Robinson, who said he has yet to hear anything from the team - a sign the Texans have no plans to place the franchise tag on him by the Feb. 25 deadline.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #1508
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,304
Default

Vikings | Unlikely to keep C. Taylor
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 07:59:26 -0800

Pro Football Weekly reports the Minnesota Vikings appear to be a team that is prepared to move on without pending free-agent RB Chester Taylor. Although they appreciate Taylor quite a bit and would like to retain him, they know they probably can't afford to keep him at the salary and opportunity he's likely to get elsewhere.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #1509
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,304
Default

Any interest?


Cardinals | Lutui could get second-round tender

Comment (0)
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:07:30 -0800

Darren Urban, of AZCardinals.com, reports Arizona Cardinals impending restricted free-agent OG Taitusi Lutui could receive the second-round tender worth $1.759 million, or the team could give him the lower tender worth $1.176 million. Both tenders would require a team to give up a second-round pick as compensation for signing Lutui.



Cardinals | Watson to get second-round tender
Comment (0)
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:07:07 -0800

Darren Urban, of AZCardinals.com, reports Arizona Cardinals impending restricted free-agent DT Gabe Watson is expected to receive the second-round tender worth $1.759 million.



Cardinals | B. Patrick to get second-round tender
Comment (0)
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:06:54 -0800

Darren Urban, of AZCardinals.com, reports Arizona Cardinals impending restricted free-agent TE Ben Patrick is expected to receive the second-round tender worth $1.684 million.



Cardinals | Sendlein to get second-round tender
Comment (0)
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:06:37 -0800

Darren Urban, of AZCardinals.com, reports Arizona Cardinals impending restricted free-agent C Lyle Sendlein is expected to receive the second-round tender worth $1.684 million.



Cardinals | Breaston to get first-round tender
Comment (0)
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:06:03 -0800

Darren Urban, of AZCardinals.com, reports Arizona Cardinals impending restricted free-agent WR Steve Breaston is expected to receive the first-round tender worth $2.946 million.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #1510
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,304
Default

Cardinals | Rolle could get released
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:25:12 -0800

Darren Urban, of AZCardinals.com, speculates Arizona Cardinals S Antrel Rolle might be released from the team. Rolle is due a $4 million roster bonus.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #1511
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,304
Default

Jets | Expected to let M. Douglas hit open market
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 16:59:20 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets are expected to let DE Marques Douglas hit the open market.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #1512
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,453
Default

Eagles will release Brian Westbrook

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ian-westbrook/

Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2010 2:08 PM ET

Though he has indicated a desire to continue playing, the Philadelphia Eagles have announced that they will be releasing veteran running back Brian Westbrook.

"Brian is one of the greatest Eagles of all time and he is even a better person and leader," coach Andy Reid said. "In my mind, there has not been a more versatile running back that the NFL has seen. I had a conversation with Brian this morning to let him know. This is by far the most difficult part of this job. We wanted to make this move now in order to maximize Brian's chances of landing with another NFL team."

Added owner Jeffrey Lurie: "Brian Westbrook is one of the most electric players in the history of this franchise and is certainly also one of the most popular. He was personally one of the my favorite players to watch each and every Sunday and his playmaking abilities, leadership and values will be missed."

"We all know how valuable Brian was as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles and he will certainly go down as one of the greatest Eagles of all time," said president Joe Banner. "But what really showed me how special a person Brian is, was watching the way he interacted with my children. That said more to me about Brian than anything else he could have done on the playing field. We will miss him both as a person and as a player."

Westbrook was due to earn a base salary of $7.25 million in 2010.

Interest in him could be limited. Apart from a lengthy history of knee and ankle problems, Westbrook's multiple concussions from the 2009 season make him a risk for repeated problems with respect to one of the hottest-button subjects the league currently faces.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #1513
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,807
Default

Kudos to SoCal about Chester Taylor, he's has a good run, hut he's a step slow, much like Denver RBs Backs.,

He would been just as good as NoShoMoreno.


Beavis better get his head out his ass and highlt thnder averone, there isn't anyrhing coming
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #1514
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 24,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
...highlt thnder averone, there isn't anyrhing coming
Am I the only one having trouble here?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #1515
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,304
Default

Packers | Will reportedly franchise Pickett
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:10:32 -0800

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports the Green Bay Packers will designate DL Ryan Pickett as their franchise player if they don't sign him to a contract by Thursday, Feb. 25, according to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #1516
BroncosSouth
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Packers | Will reportedly franchise Pickett
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:10:32 -0800

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports the Green Bay Packers will designate DL Ryan Pickett as their franchise player if they don't sign him to a contract by Thursday, Feb. 25, according to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora.
Seems like a lot of DT are being franchised this off-season, would be nice to have a good one locked up, but it's a pretty good group in the draft this year.
BroncosSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #1517
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,304
Default

Yes I believe in building through the draft but if you can pick up a young good player then do it but I'm not a big fan of getting older players unless your a player or two away from contending
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #1518
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
Kudos to SoCal about Chester Taylor, he's has a good run, hut he's a step slow, much like Denver RBs Backs.,

He would been just as good as NoShoMoreno.


Beavis better get his head out his ass and highlt thnder averone, there isn't anyrhing coming
seriously?
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #1519
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,453
Default

Combine rumor: Boldin will finally get dealt

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lly-get-dealt/

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 25, 2010 7:11 PM ET

It's always been a career goal of mine to pass along some nebulous "buzz" or "word on the street" that a respectable journalist would be too responsible to write.

My time has come.

The chatter at the Scouting Combine from a few places is that Anquan Boldin will finally get traded this offseason.

The notion isn't much different from what I wrote on the topic Wednesday, but now it's coming from people who know what they are talking about.

The Cardinals held out for a big trade package for Boldin last offseason and never came close to dealing him.

The feeling now is that they will accept less for him for a variety of reasons. Boldin has only one year left on his deal, his body takes the punishment of a running back, and Steve Breaston has proven to be a reliable starter.

While Boldin's health is a question mark, he's only 29 years old and is known as a great locker room leader. Baltimore tops the list of teams that will be interested and Miami also makes sense.

The Cardinals wanted a first and a third-round pick last year. With his trade value down, perhaps a second-round pick and change could seal the deal.

Expect to hear a lot more about Boldin in the build up to April's draft. This time, it should pay off in a trade.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #1520
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 7,134

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Combine rumor: Boldin will finally get dealt

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lly-get-dealt/

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 25, 2010 7:11 PM ET

It's always been a career goal of mine to pass along some nebulous "buzz" or "word on the street" that a respectable journalist would be too responsible to write.

My time has come.

The chatter at the Scouting Combine from a few places is that Anquan Boldin will finally get traded this offseason.

The notion isn't much different from what I wrote on the topic Wednesday, but now it's coming from people who know what they are talking about.

The Cardinals held out for a big trade package for Boldin last offseason and never came close to dealing him.

The feeling now is that they will accept less for him for a variety of reasons. Boldin has only one year left on his deal, his body takes the punishment of a running back, and Steve Breaston has proven to be a reliable starter.

While Boldin's health is a question mark, he's only 29 years old and is known as a great locker room leader. Baltimore tops the list of teams that will be interested and Miami also makes sense.

The Cardinals wanted a first and a third-round pick last year. With his trade value down, perhaps a second-round pick and change could seal the deal.

Expect to hear a lot more about Boldin in the build up to April's draft. This time, it should pay off in a trade.
this is good for us...BM will not have too many suitors if Boldin is available.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #1521
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,304
Default

Jets | Jones to be released Friday
Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:36:50 -0800

Updating a previous report, Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets have announced they will release RB Thomas Jones Friday, March 5.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #1522
HooptyHoops
We need a DE
 
HooptyHoops's Avatar
 
C'mon D

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Jets | Jones to be released Friday
Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:36:50 -0800

Updating a previous report, Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets have announced they will release RB Thomas Jones Friday, March 5.
There goes my sleeper RB the the last few years in fantasy. Helped me win the Superbowl each year. Wonder where he'll end up?
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #1523
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,304
Default

Steelers | Not expected to tender offer to Stapleton
Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:21:44 -0800

Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers are not expected to tender an offer to restricted free-agent OG Darnell Stapleton.

any interest?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #1524
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,453
Default

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4965809

Realizing risks, Redskins' Samuels quits
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:42 AM   #1525
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,453
Default

Arizona has taken a few steps back this offseason.

Kurt Warner retires, Anquan Boldin gets traded, Antrel Rolle gets cut, and Karlos Dansby leaves via fee agency.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Denver Broncos