The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Twill be the night before Christmas........

Twill be the night before Christmas,

And all through Our Snowy Cowtown,

Not a person will be stirring,

Except for, of course, this Dusty Old Clown.

The Broncos will be nestled all snug at Dove Valley,

With visions that in Philly they will win with a rally.

And McD in his hoodie, and me in my Snuggie,

Try to figure out how to keep it from getting ugly.

Every Broncos Fan in Denver likes Christmas a lot.

But if Our Team loses to the Eagles, the year could be a blot.

We'll be Grinches who hate Christmas! With an unhappy new year!

Now, please don't ask why. We'll have no Broncos to cheer.

So, we'll stay at home on Christmas Eve, in the Broncos we will believe.

Mama says every time a bell rings, it means an angel gets his wings.

Clarence got his wings for helping George Bailey.

I want to get my wings for helping Champ Bailey.

Champ has been down and depressed this week.

After the Broncos lost to the Raiders who reek.

You're the Champ, Bailey. You're The Man.

If anybody can lead the Broncos to an upset victory, you can.

Intercept McNabb, I'll lead the drum-and-fife.

And you'll be excited again, Champ. It's a Wonderful Life.

I'll be visited on Dec. 24 by three unfriendly ghosts, I'd rather be with men staring at goats.

A ghost from the future, another from the present, and the first from the past. Something about the Broncos, maybe it'll be a blast.

I guess I am a Scrooge because of columns I've written about Our Team,

But the purpose was to be motivational, or so it would seem.

The ghost from the past wants to visit and talk about the Broncos of '77,

When the Broncos won their first playoff game on Christmas Eve, and Denver was in heaven.

That was the best Christmas of all; all three pro teams of that time were having a ball.

The Broncos went to the Super Bowl, and the Hockey Rockies and the Nuggets would play on to playoffs.

So, at last, in Denver, hopes for great teams weren't so way off.

The ghost from the present wants to discuss why the coach would cuss, why the line that doesn't block is such a crock, while at running back there has been a lack, why Hillis doesn't get a chance to thrill us, why Kyle Orton has not been Craig Morton, why the Bears' Cutler throws worse than an English butler.

The ghost from the future will show us how the holidays will be so bleak if the Broncos remain meek, that of men and mice, they'll be naughty, not nice. If they lose in Philly, the winter in Denver will be long, dark and chilly.

What can we do to make sure our goose is not cooked, that the Broncos don't end up forsook-ed?

The Broncos must change their wicked way, the ghost of the future will say.

God bless the Broncos every one, I say; in Philadelphia surely they will find the right way.

Santa Claus is real, and he will bring us a miracle, because we do believe in the Broncos and Josh and Champ and Kyle and the Brandons, and we've seen it before with our very own eyes on Dec. 24, 1977 Merry Crushmas and in Detroit on Christmas Day, 1999; on Dec. 25, 2004, in Nashville against the Titans; and on Christmas Eve, 2005, against the Raiders here, good victories every one.

In this tale, "A Christmas Carol On The Night St. Nick Arrives As The Grinch Fails to Steal A Wonderful Life And the Broncos Produce The Miracle On Philadelphia's Pattison Avenue," Santa exclaims as he and his reindeer fly out of sight: "At the end of the day have a great night."

My first Christmas Eve in Denver was 35 years ago, and I'm still crazy after all those years and still love watching the Broncos after 400 games, including six Super Bowls. My daughter's first Christmas Eve on Earth was in 1977 the Year of the Horse, the Broncos. Several weeks ago she returned to Denver to live. My mother's first Christmas Eve as a full-time resident of Denver was 2007. We three will spend our 2009 Christmas Eve together in Denver, our home.

From my family to your family, Merry Christmas, and Happy Broncos.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz0abULP2N7

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links