The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #126
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Warrior View Post
Aperson can see what Popps was saying and still think he is wrong. I don't think it is so0mething mental that says he can't be a great starter or change of pace at Running back. Shanny's use of him in the offense, and even McDaniels comments in mini camp about the 6 positions he planned to play him at (Obviously McD had watched all the film on him) suggests that it just may be something other than being a dummy
Okay, sure you disagree with Popps' first point. His second (and mine), is that you're putting your football knowledge and what you've seen from his 300 career rushing yards above what McD's seen so far and every day in practice?

Hmm, no thanks. I'll take McD's opinion anyday.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #127
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Mike Anderon was a killer Tailback here at Utah..never took a snap at FB before Shany asked him too. Selvin Young wasn't ever a FB either! Damn fools! Get your facts right! !

Regardless...the point being is they made enough of an impression on the coaching staff to not have been buried so far on the depth chart that it took 6 RB's getting injured before they saw the field on gameday.

I mean c'mon, Mike was so impressed with Hillis that he signed Tatum Bell from a Verizon kiosk at Cherry Creek Mall to replace him.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #128
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
It sure doesn't seem like people are hearing Popps' argument. Instead of really thinking about it, they see what he did for 3.5 games a year ago and assume he was headed for the Hall. Yeah, 3 games with 10+ attempts last year. 1 100 yard game. The stuff of legends.
Exactly....this beast among children was given 11 or more carries twice last season, and he gained 120 in one and 88 in another...that's about 61% of all his yardage in two games...and he was eventually replaced by some clown who was selling LG phones with unlimited texting.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #129
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Hillis to McD: "People can change, Doc."
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #130
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Try me! I played the game, coached the game (Middle schoolers..lol) and have been watching the Broncos since before your punk B ass was a twinkle in your dad's eye
Yeah I know you have said this a lot, so much so we all know it isn't true. Keep it up mullet boy I am having a good laugh at your expense.....AGAIN!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #131
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Exactly....this beast among children was given 11 or more carries twice last season, and he gained 120 in one and 88 in another...that's about 61% of all his yardage in two games...and he was eventually replaced by some clown who was selling LG phones with unlimited texting.
Ya.

Peyton Hillis last year - Started 6 games, 68 attempts, 343 yards, 5.0 ypc average, 5 TDs.

Tatum Bell last year - Started 3 games, 44 attempts, 249 yards, 5.7 ypc average, 2 TDs.

Why aren't people yelling that McD should be signing Tatum?

I'm sure people will get angry at me for saying this, but I think the possible answer rhymes with "shmreat shmwhite shmype".
Old 11-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #132
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Regardless...the point being is they made enough of an impression on the coaching staff to not have been buried so far on the depth chart that it took 6 RB's getting injured before they saw the field on gameday.

I mean c'mon, Mike was so impressed with Hillis that he signed Tatum Bell from a Verizon kiosk at Cherry Creek Mall to replace him.
How many times have we heard Shanny being impressed with someone and then we never hear thier name?Who cares what Shanny thought of Hillis before he played, what matters is how Shanny felt after he played in a game.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #133
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Ya.

Peyton Hillis last year - Started 6 games, 68 attempts, 343 yards, 5.0 ypc average, 5 TDs.

Tatum Bell last year - Started 3 games, 44 attempts, 249 yards, 5.7 ypc average, 2 TDs.

Why aren't people yelling that McD should be signing Tatum?

I'm sure people will get angry at me for saying this, but I think the possible answer rhymes with "shmreat shmwhite shmype".
Bobby Turner... no that can't be it.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #134
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
How many times have we heard Shanny being impressed with someone and then we never hear thier name?Who cares what Shanny thought of Hillis before he played, what matters is how Shanny felt after he played in a game.
Don't sweat them B Life....you can't fix stupid! Great point by the way. And as far as Tatum Bell, he did play strong for us but he is a back that really did end up with a screw loose! ask Detroit! We just signed him cause he knew the offense already!
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #135
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Doesn't matter what I think or see....I'm not the head coach of the Broncos...nor am I the offensive coordinator, nor am I his position coach.

So this is two seasons in which Hillis was not the starting RB of the Denver Broncos on opening day.

Neither Mike Shanahan, nor Josh McDaniels saw what you claim to be immense talent going to waste....and as you implied, have chosen to ignore it.

Two NFL offensive coordinators have also chose to ignore the all-worldly talents of one Peyton Hillis.

And two RB's coaches have also chosen to ignore this glorious example of male pultritude and luminosity.

Neither did 31 other NFL teams (who have dozens if not hundreds of college scouts BTW) in the first 6 rounds of the '08 draft.

Oh, and his college coach held him down as well, forcing him to share carries with McFadden and Jones.

I am really flattered that you think I'm just as good as Mike Shanahan, and Josh McDaniels when it comes to evaluating RB talent....you make me blush. Garrsh!
All you have to rely on as far as Hillis is concerned, is his performance that is yet to be topped by Cbuck and/or Moreno
It doesn't matter where he was drafted at.
He was drafted by his versatility and what he brings to the game.
Where a player gets drafted in the first round or in the 7th round is irrelevant until you see that player pay dividends on the field, and Hillis paid off last year.
I leave you with that...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #136
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:

Again, if you've ever followed the way Shanahan operates(d) he hardly ever starts a rookie. He didn't know what he had in Hillis until he started to see playing action out of necessity when our running game was depleted by injuries.

I'm sure at this point, Shanahan was pleased to see what he saw out of Hillis...
Old 11-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #137
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Let me know when you have something adult or football related to say!
Oh, you mean like posting pictures of your new hair-do?

Yea, you're one to tell people about staying on-topic.

Anyway, don't let me interrupt another episode of you making friends around here. Please, continue to "wow" us with your stellar football insight.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #138
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Again, if you've ever followed the way Shanahan operates(d) he hardly ever starts a rookie. He didn't know what he had in Hillis until he started to see playing action out of necessity when our running game was depleted by injuries.

I'm sure at this point, Shanahan was pleased to see what he saw out of Hillis...
Shanahan started rookies plenty. The best RB in Broncos history started as rookie, and Shanahan continually gave rookies carries after that.

So, despite that CLEAR history of giving the ball to rookies, Shanahan AND Turner decided NOT to give Hillis a shot at the starting job, even with multiple injuries. It was only out of pure necessity that he got carries.

So, again... TWO great offensive coaches and a great RB coach have made the same decision, despite how cool Hillis' Youtube videos look.

As I said, unless you believe Shanahan and McDaniels purposely tried to harm their own teams, there must be another answer.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #139
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Wow. What a post full of complete and utter falsehood. 6 out of Shanahan's 14 seasons, he had a rookie as the team's leading rusher.

You could be arguing Newton's 1st Law right now and no one would believe you. You've lost all credibility.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #140
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Larsen was getting work at FB over Hillis.

Isn't Larsen a Shanahan guy?

Again... yet more questions that no one seems to be able to answer regarding the Hillis "conspiracy."

Doesn't matter. Moreno showed you why this is a totally moot conversation. Moreno is our workhorse, and backs like Buckhalter will be splitting carries with him.

That's our future, and it looks bright.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #141
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Larsen was getting work at FB over Hillis.

Isn't Larsen a Shanahan guy?

Again... yet more questions that no one seems to be able to answer regarding the Hillis "conspiracy."

Doesn't matter. Moreno showed you why this is a totally moot conversation. Moreno is our workhorse, and backs like Buckhalter will be splitting carries with him.

That's our future, and it looks bright.
Moreno finally showed the explosion that he had at Georgia.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #142
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Does it matter as long as Moreno and Buckhalter are getting it done?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #143
errand
Ring of Famer

Moreno had a great game tonight..and againwe got clowns in here b****ing about some 4th stringer not playing enough
Old 11-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #144
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Moreno had a great game tonight..and againwe got clowns in here b****ing about some 4th stringer not playing enough
If only we still had Mike Bell. Just ask bpc, Bell is better than Moreno.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #145
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Hillis is a utility guy, can do multiple things. If we see him get regular work in the backfield then a repeat of the RB pandemic of 08 happened and it wont be a good thing.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #146
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Let me know when he gets a 100-yard game...

Yes he had a nice game, but he stalled a lot. We saw flashes of what he can do, but he has done nothing yet...

He needs to establish himself by being more consistent, that's why Marshall got on his ass last week, and he finally decided to play with the fire and determination he should've all season long...
Old 11-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #147
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Let me know when he gets a 100-yard game... Shanahan doesn't start rookies.

Yes he had a nice game, but he stalled a lot. We saw flashes of what he can do, but he has done nothing yet...I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

He needs to establish himself by being more consistent, that's why Marshall got on his ass last week, and he finally decided to play with the fire and determination he should've all season long...I've never watched a game of football in my life.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #148
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Let me know when he gets a 100-yard game...

Yes he had a nice game, but he stalled a lot. We saw flashes of what he can do, but he has done nothing yet...

He needs to establish himself by being more consistent, that's why Marshall got on his ass last week, and he finally decided to play with the fire and determination he should've all season long...

Adrian Peterson has 3 100 yard games in 10 weeks of play. Is he less of a back because he doesnt get 100 week in and out, or is he more effective because he is part of a solid rotation? NFL football right now uses a back rotation, the teams that win consistently have multiple guys carrying the football, which adds to a back's longevity and keeps them from wearing down. Quit with the negative attitude about a rookie because you have a hardon for Hillis.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #149
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Yes Moreno had a good game, but dont forget this is suppose to be a Peyton Hillis bashing thread.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #150
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Well, I was only b****ing when we couldn't pick up third and short with Moreno or Buck, but Hillis hasn't been doing any better. For whatever reason he simply isn't as effective as he was last year. It's too bad because he looked pretty good-but he did it to himself with his poor play.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote