The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #101
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
...OK, so to use your own argument against you, how is it other low round draftees excelled at the game and he hasn't?

Mike Anderson was a FB when he came to Denver, and he became our starting RB when Gary was injured, and Davis was still recovering from his injury. It did not take Mike nearly 3/4 of the season to discover that Mike Anderson could deliver. Selvyn Young ran for about 700 yards too as our FB thrust into the starting RB role.

The poiint being is that these guys weren't listed as 7th on the depth chart. They stood out in camp or practice to make their coaches take notice that they could make plays and could perform if the situation arose.
No Mike Anderson was a RB when we drafted him. Shanny is the one who turned him into a FB.

"It's always tough to lose a guy like that," coach Mike Shanahan said. "But he will be good for the future. He's proved that he can play tailback in the National Football League, and that one catch he made was probably as good a catch as you could make in a very tough situation and unfortunately, he pulled his hamstring making that catch."

Sure looks like Shanny realised what he had after Hillis played. To bad Mcdaniels doesnt.

Last edited by broncolife; 11-26-2009 at 02:04 PM..
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #102
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Huh?

So, Shanahan and McDaniels both chose to bench him to purposely hurt their own teams?
Shanny drafted him as a FB and as a FB with made recieving skills he excelled, and when his turn came to carry the rock at Tail he dominated till HE WAS HURT AND WENT ON IR....HE WASN'T BENCHED BY SHANNY DumbShiiiit!!
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #103
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
I agree, if we can only score 3 in this complex offense, than go less complex and find ways to get Hillis the damn ball. I am a little pissed that Hillis has seen very limited action, when we saw last year what he can do, in more than one area too. I can see the writing on the wall. McD will let Hillis go next year and he will excel wherever he goes. I like McD, but times like these I miss the Shanahan lead offense where we saw Stokley more involved, Scheffler more involved, Royal, BM, and Hillis all making big plays. Right now this dink & dunk offense looks lame & predictable.
i agree with this. why has McD completely overhauled the O? none of our playmakers from last year seem to be getting much of a chance to make plays this year. and if i see one more bubble screen to the WR, i'm going to stick a pair of scissors into a wall socket! at this point... dink & dunk = 3 and punt.

a more experienced coach would have made the transition from WC to NE style offense over the course of 2 or 3 seasons, while accumulating players well suited for the new scheme. i'm not off the McD bandwagon, but when your offense goes 5 games and shows it's unable to score more than 1 TD per game, you have to sit down and reconsider EVERYTHING you might be doing wrong!
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #104
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Warrior View Post
Shanny drafted him as a FB and as a FB with made recieving skills he excelled, and when his turn came to carry the rock at Tail he dominated till HE WAS HURT AND WENT ON IR....HE WASN'T BENCHED BY SHANNY DumbShiiiit!!
Did you write about this in your local rag aka Myspace?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #105
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

i SAW Hillis on the field.

I would like to see more.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #106
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mike Anderon was a killer Tailback here at Utah..never took a snap at FB before Shany asked him too. Selvin Young wasn't ever a FB either! Damn fools! Get your facts right! !
Old 11-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #107
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
i agree with this. why has McD completely overhauled the O? none of our playmakers from last year seem to be getting much of a chance to make plays this year. and if i see one more bubble screen to the WR, i'm going to stick a pair of scissors into a wall socket! at this point... dink & dunk = 3 and punt.

a more experienced coach would have made the transition from WC to NE style offense over the course of 2 or 3 seasons, while accumulating players well suited for the new scheme. i'm not off the McD bandwagon, but when your offense goes 5 games and shows it's unable to score more than 1 TD per game, you have to sit down and reconsider EVERYTHING you might be doing wrong!
And the funny thing is we were starting to introduce some things the patriots did on O into our O last year.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #108
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Did you write about this in your local rag aka Myspace?
Love ignorant Haters! Never write for my myspace..hell hardly ever even blog..lol..only a City weekly article or too..thanks for asking!
Old 11-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #109
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Love ignorant Haters! Never write for my myspace..hell hardly ever even blog..lol..only a City weekly article or too..thanks for asking!
Who doesn't care about editing or quality or sentence structure. I could keep going but its just not fair.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #110
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
And the funny thing is we were starting to introduce some things the patriots did on O into our O last year.
The funny thing is that WC and the Spread passing game aren't that much different (Invented the same place and same coach..but that is another arguement), although the running game has alot of differences between Shanny's Run game and the McD run game. McD's running attack is overly complicated and convoluted with traps and pulling lineman that isn't nearly as effective as our time tested Dominating Zone blocking attack. Untill Washinton we didn't have so much as a hint of misdirection or counter action, and no roll outs or bootlegs like I had been whining about since Baltimore. What do you know Orton all of a sudden has time to get the ball deep and our run has made some huge gains! Wow who knew? Oh wait...ME!!
Old 11-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #111
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Who doesn't care about editing or quality or sentence structure. I could keep going but its just not fair.
My sentance structure is just fine, and don't really spell check every dumb post...Anal much? Why don't you actually have something to say that is factual or relevant before you open your crap-hole!!
Old 11-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #112
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Wow, well first off... congrats for one post without a picture of yourself. You have to start somewhere.

Second, I never said Shanahan didn't draft him as a fullback.

What I said was, he averaged 5 ypc in college. Shanahan AND Turner had plenty of time to analyze him as a runner and both chose NOT to start him.

Now, McDaniels has followed suit.

Clearly, there's something that these offensive-minded coaches are seeing that you are not. (As hard as that may be for everyone to believe.)

Anyway, resume your babble and self-portrait posting...
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #113
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
My sentance structure is just fine, and don't really spell check every dumb post...Anal much? Why don't you actually have something to say that is factual or relevant before you open your crap-hole!!
How about posting up that piece of trash you tried to pass off as an article again and let the public decide again. Last time you became such a laughing stock you pulled down in under a day. Keep it up and lets see just how "good" it is. If not shut your crap-hole!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #114
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wow, well first off... congrats for one post without a picture of yourself. You have to start somewhere.

Second, I never said Shanahan didn't draft him as a fullback.

What I said was, he averaged 5 ypc in college. Shanahan AND Turner had plenty of time to analyze him as a runner and both chose NOT to start him.

Now, McDaniels has followed suit.

Anyway, resume your babble and self-portrait posting...
Funny...have only posted self pics when I was making fun of myself or was messing with other rtards like you!
Second Hillis was in a backfield with Felix Jones and McFaggen, and neither of those guys can block their way out of a wet paper sack!!
The point I disagreed with is that Shanny BENCHED him. Once he showed he could carry the rock in the NFL he was the starter and was the secoind coming of John Alstott. He didn't start at the first of the season, and was also the best FB option, like Mike Anderson in his rookie year...but that doesn't mean he wasn't a great TB option. Anderson ran for 1600 yards in 3/4 of a season..but Shanny had him at Fullback till injuries thrust him into starting at tail. Did Anderson suck at TB.... or did Shanny make the wrong opening day call for the starter in O Gary?? T Davis was the 5th Tailback in the preseason till he laid out a guy on a ST tackle in Japan. The rest is history!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #115
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Funny...have only posted self pics when I was making fun of myself or was messing with other rtards like you!
Yea, I've seen what a huge fan club you've built up around here.

Look, I've been a huge fan of Hillis. I simply said there's got to be a reason that two great coaches chose to have him be a back-up.

You've offered no explanation other than you like him, and you want to call people names.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #116
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How about posting up that piece of trash you tried to pass off as an article again and let the public decide again. Last time you became such a laughing stock you pulled down in under a day. Keep it up and lets see just how "good" it is. If not shut your crap-hole!
Funny that it was on another site originally for a month and I got over 50 high 5's and some editing help in the first 30 minutes and then I put it up here for ten minutes and losers like you find reasons to talk crap on it. Is it the site? The article, or the a-holes like you that can't actually talk football so you just talk smack? Maybe when you are old enough to have nut hair you will actually be able to discuss football
Old 11-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #117
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yeah didn't think you would want to be laughed at again.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #118
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yea, I've seen what a huge fan club you've built up around here.

Look, I've been a huge fan of Hillis. I simply said there's got to be a reason that two great coaches chose to have him be a back-up.

You've offered no explanation other than you like him, and you want to call people names.
Yeah I shouldn't call the infirm names..my bad! As for Hillis, the guy excelled in shanny's offense in blocking, pass receiving and was crushing at Tailback, and the only thing that kept him from being the biggest suprise at Rookie Tailback in the league was the injury. Pittman was slotted for FB too, never played a down at that position in his whole 10 yr career and had a great YPC at Tail for us. Just because he wasn't the opening day starter doesn't mean that he was mentally deficient or negate his success when he got his shot.

McD's running offense is overly convoluted and the restults have shown on the field. Again Felix and Darren were flashy and might be a more natural fit at TB but a bruiser with great catching hands who runs over people would be a great change of pace. Go backi and look at the interview with McDaniels where he was listing the Positions he planned to use Hillis; FB.TB, HB, TE WR!!! That sound like a coach who thought hillis was stupid or lazy? He got in the doghouse somehow...who knows why!?
Old 11-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #119
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah didn't think you would want to be laughed at again.
Let me know when you have something adult or football related to say!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #120
houghtam
Ring of Famer

It sure doesn't seem like people are hearing Popps' argument. Instead of really thinking about it, they see what he did for 3.5 games a year ago and assume he was headed for the Hall. Yeah, 3 games with 10+ attempts last year. 1 100 yard game. The stuff of legends.

No instead they take the easy road and play the blame game.

What else is new?

To the point at hand, I agree 100%. Popps is assuming that last year's performance over a short period of time meant he had good skills. He's just inferring that, since it seems Hillis has had to work harder than anyone with such great skills just to see the field under 3 separate coaches, maybe something else is at play here.

It's worth a thought.

But these "Hillis is God, well not THE God but A god" posts are hilarious.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #121
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Let me know when you have something adult or football related to say!
Sure thing but it would be over your head.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #122
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Aperson can see what Popps was saying and still think he is wrong. I don't think it is so0mething mental that says he can't be a great starter or change of pace at Running back. Shanny's use of him in the offense, and even McDaniels comments in mini camp about the 6 positions he planned to play him at (Obviously McD had watched all the film on him) suggests that it just may be something other than being a dummy
Old 11-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #123
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
...OK, so to use your own argument against you, how is it other low round draftees excelled at the game and he hasn't?

Mike Anderson was a FB when he came to Denver, and he became our starting RB when Gary was injured, and Davis was still recovering from his injury. It did not take Mike nearly 3/4 of the season to discover that Mike Anderson could deliver. Selvyn Young ran for about 700 yards too as our FB thrust into the starting RB role.

The poiint being is that these guys weren't listed as 7th on the depth chart. They stood out in camp or practice to make their coaches take notice that they could make plays and could perform if the situation arose.
It's simple..................McD
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #124
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Sure thing but it would be over your head.
Try me! I played the game, coached the game (Middle schoolers..lol) and have been watching the Broncos since before your punk B ass was a twinkle in your dad's eye
Old 11-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #125
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Try me! I played the game, coached the game (Middle schoolers..lol) and have been watching the Broncos since before your punk B ass was a twinkle in your dad's eye

What? Saying b**** is a problem for you? Is it like water on the witch? You say it and melt down into a heavy metal puddle of hair care products and acid wash jeans?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote