The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #151
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
You guys are hilarious ... Palmer lays 45 on their defense, Jay is knocked down 9 times, but somehow it's "Cutler sucking" that caused defeat.

But they really did get killed, didn't they ...

When you turn the ball over 4 times, like Chicago did, and Cutler the reason for 3 of them...yeah...he sucked. He didnt help his defense any, which is a recurring theme from last season.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:45 AM   #152
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
When you turn the ball over 4 times, like Chicago did, and Cutler the reason for 3 of them...yeah...he sucked. He didnt help his defense any, which is a recurring theme from last season.

I heard he was responsible for all 4 actually. Three picks and a fumble.

EDIT: OK, I see he fumbled twice but they were both recovered by the Bears. My bad, he's pretty awesome after all.

Last edited by Broncomutt; 10-26-2009 at 01:47 AM..
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:50 AM   #153
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Damn, despite being knocked down 9 times, he still completed 70% of his passes.

Including three to the Bengals
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:54 AM   #154
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
What?!

So now it's Jay's fault the defense sucked last year?

Oh that's rich ... and Jay got Shanahan fired too, right?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #155
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
So basically the only difference between Cutler and Grossman at this point is a strong arm?
...you mean besides the fact that Grossman led a team to a conference title? Yeah...
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 AM   #156
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
...you mean besides the fact that Grossman led a team to a conference title? Yeah...
You really believe this?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #157
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
You really believe this?
If you didnt know who Jay was and just looked at his stats, you could confuse him for Rex Grossman

Jay has played like Rex Grossman so far this year

He had 4 turnovers, to suggest he played anything other than terrible is delusional
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #158
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
You guys are hilarious ... Palmer lays 45 on their defense, Jay is knocked down 9 times, but somehow it's "Cutler sucking" that caused defeat.

All it proves is Cutler is no Elway. It proves he can't win with a bad defense, bad oline, and avg wr.

Let's face it Cutler is mobile but he often backpeddles which is a no no in the NFL. You back peddle, then try to go left or right, just messes up your footwork and your momentum.

You have to find room to step up through the pressure, or get left or right quicker. Too often Cutlers first steps away from pressure are back. That's a fundamental mistake.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:46 AM   #159
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Aren't franchise QBs supposed to win football games for their teams though Buff?

He's supposed to be a franchise QB. You'd think he'd have at least one drive in the first half ending in a touchdown.

And the 45 the Bengals laid on their D? About 17 of it directly resulted in Cutler throwing three picks that got brought back into Bears territory. You can't put short field TDs like that just on the defense, the guy who gave them the short field takes a big chunk of the blame.

Cutler didn't lose the game single-handedly, but he sure did help turn it into a laugher real fast.

Quote:
What?!

So now it's Jay's fault the defense sucked last year?

Oh that's rich ... and Jay got Shanahan fired too, right?
Jay Cutler guaranteed we make the playoffs before the start of last season.

Jay Cutler then didn't show up for the last three weeks of the season, when a win in any one of them locks up the division.

Jay Cutler's play last year had a LOT to do with Mike Shanahan not being the coach of the Denver Broncos anymore.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #160
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by drek View Post
aren't franchise qbs supposed to win football games for their teams

cutler didn't lose the game single-handedly, but he sure did help turn it into a laugher real fast.

Jay cutler guaranteed we make the playoffs before the start of last season.

Jay cutler then didn't show up for the last three weeks of the season, when a win in any one of them locks up the division.

Jay cutler's play last year had a lot to do with mike shanahan not being the coach of the denver broncos anymore.

qft
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #161
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

INT Leaders:

1. Jake Delhomme - 13 (in 177 attempts)

2-3 Mark Sanchez - 10 (in 178 attempts)
2-3 Jay Cutler - 10 (in 209 attempts)

4-6 JaMarcus Russell - 8 (in 160 attempts)
4-6 Josh Johnson - 8 (in 125 attempts)
4-6 Kerry Collins - 8 (in 197 attempts)

7-8 Derek Anderson - 7 (in 137 attempts)
7-8 Carson Palmer - 7 (in 227 attempts)

9 and below: (7 QBs tied with 6 INTs each)
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #162
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Last three games of the year our "defense" gave up 30 30 and 52.

People love to forget, but the season was O-V-E-R on the road in Cleveland when the 4th quarter started. That 4th quarter comeback by Cutler was historic actually, best 4th quarter comeback in the league last year.

We just disagree. The defense was at least 75% responsible for our season, I'd say 90%. I can't imagine how anyone could disagree.

Yes, Jay could've been a better leader down the stretch, he shouldda rammed the ball into the end zone those last three games. But this is a very reasonable take: "With 6 or 7 running backs on IR and the worst defense in the league, it's amazing Cutler carried us an 8-8 record." Sure as hell can't credit the defense for a single victory .... and that is not the least bit unreasonable a take (except here on the Mane of course).

I like the guy, but not that much. I gotta stop letting this revisionist history get to me. Half the people bagging on Jay now loved him unconditionally when the season ended. In fact, CBF1 defended Jay to ME when Shanahan was fired.

If you want to hate him now, fine, I certainly understand that. But don't pretend you thought these things before Mike was fired. Not you specifically Drek, but all the "Bandwagon Hater-come-latelys"

Hey Bud, I like you, and because I do, I think you should get some help.

This Jay Love/obsession isn't healthy.

IMO, Jay couldn't lead anyone.

....and as a matter of record, I had many arguments with the douche doctor who sits next to my at Mile High about the other douche (Jay). I hated Shanahan for pulling Jake and putting the reigns in Jays' hands. Day Frigging ONE!

....and am loving his self destruction.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #163
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Jay Cutler then didn't show up for the last three weeks of the season, when a win in any one of them locks up the division.

People love to forget, but the season was O-V-E-R on the road in Cleveland when the 4th quarter started. That 4th quarter comeback by Cutler was historic actually, best 4th quarter comeback in the league last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek
Jay Cutler's play last year had a LOT to do with Mike Shanahan not being the coach of the Denver Broncos anymore.
We just disagree. The defense was at least 75% responsible for Shanahan's ouster, I'd say 90%. I can't imagine how anyone could disagree.

Proof Jay was NOT the reason Mike was fired? Bowlen said after the firing, "Jay is the man around here, I'll have to speak with him about the future" or something. That's proof Pat didn't think Jay was the problem ... and since Pat did the firing, ipso facto, Jay was not the reason.

Yes, Jay could've been a better leader down the stretch, he shouldda rammed the ball into the end zone those last three games. But this is a very reasonable take: "With 6 or 7 running backs on IR and the worst defense in the league, it's amazing Cutler carried us an 8-8 record." Sure as hell can't credit the defense for a single victory .... and that is not the least bit unreasonable a take (except here on the Mane of course).
I like the guy, but not that much. I gotta stop letting this revisionist history get to me. Half the people bagging on Jay now loved him unconditionally when the season ended. In fact, CBF1 defended Jay to ME when Shanahan was fired.

If you want to hate him now, fine, I certainly understand that. But don't pretend you thought these things before Mike was fired. Not you specifically Drek, but all the "Bandwagon Hater-come-latelys"
Old 10-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #164
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Poor McBuff - like a voice in the wilderness.

I tell you one thing about Cutler's INTs; He sure can zip it in there.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #165
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

What is that Bears draft pick up to now?

#13?

Last edited by WolfpackGuy; 10-26-2009 at 09:13 AM..
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #166
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Proof Jay was NOT the reason Mike was fired? Bowlen said after the firing, "Jay is the man around here, I'll have to speak with him about the future" or something. That's proof Pat didn't think Jay was the problem ... and since Pat did the firing, ipso facto, Jay was not the reason.
That's fine tgn .... seriously, I totally get why people can't stand the guy.

Just bugs me when people pretend they "knew it al along," or "I wanted him out last year," that kinda nonsense. Not just on this topic, actually I can't STAND it when anybody does that on ANY topic.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #167
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post

I tell you one thing about Cutler's INTs; He sure can zip it in there.
I'd like to get a realistic count of how many of his "pretty balls" were one fingertip from an interception. If all of the possible INT's would have been picked, he'd set a new world record.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #168
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Yeah, me and those 9 general managers who had a feeding frenzy over Jay. And everybody else who thinks it was a good trade, and the ESPN poll that favored the Bears side afterward, we're ALL voices in the wilderness (if by 'wilderness' you mean everywhere not on this website, yes).

But yeah, you are smarter than ALL them guys, huh Roh?

You guys are hilarious, you really are. But then again I am obsessed with objectivity, so there
Old 10-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #169
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
That's fine tgn .... seriously, I totally get why people can't stand the guy.

Tell me why I didn't/don't like the douche/err guy. In my eyes, what is his least desireable quality?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #170
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Yeah, me and those 9 general managers who had a feeding frenzy over Jay. And everybody else who thought so, we're ALL voices in the wilderness. If by 'wilderness' you mean everywhere not on this website, yes.

But yeah, you are smarter than ALL them guys, huh Roh?

Yeah, you are ... just say it.
Geez, you're really getting all worked up about this aren't you? I'm guessing there are 8 GMs out there who are now saying that the Broncos got the best of that trade. Take a deep breath. Cutler sucks and the Broncos dodged a bullet. It's all good.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #171
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Tell me why I didn't/don't like the douche/err guy. In my eyes, what is his least desireable quality?
His aloof, mopey attitude is pretty weak, especially to the media. And he's a HUGE dick, according to many many people, including several guys on here whom I trust. His dickish personality is his least desireable "quality" imo.

But I don't think he's a baby or a whiner ... I never saw that really. In fact, staying at Vandy for his senior year after his teammates' death, and fighting through the beetus all of 2007 are two very, VERY solid character diplays imo.

He seems like a whiner, but we really don't know, we're not in the room. And I've heard nothing from any player (except Nate Jackson) say anything else.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #172
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
I'd like to get a realistic count of how many of his "pretty balls" were one fingertip from an interception. If all of the possible INT's would have been picked, he'd set a new world record.
They should have a stat for "Thrown into double and triple coverage." Jay would own it.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #173
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Geez, you're really getting all worked up about this aren't you? I'm guessing there are 8 GMs out there who are now saying that the Broncos got the best of that trade. Take a deep breath. Cutler sucks and the Broncos dodged a bullet. It's all good.
My problem with all this is not Jay so much really ... it's actually more that I'm obsessed with fighting, and I hate to say this, but hypocrisy. That's why I'm so inviting of people to show me even one post saying even 1% of this stuff last season. Only Popps and Drek have come through on that, and I guess Khan questioned his drinking pretty regularly.

you wanna shut me up? Link to any post saying half what you're saying now.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 AM   #174
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The San Diego game was the only one where Jay didn't have a chance to do anything to help. He was mediocre against Carolina with a 21-33 173 yard 1 TD 1 INT game in the 30-10 drubbing--are you really going to excuse Jay and the offense for only putting 10 measely points on the board in a crucial game?; he threw for a lot of yards (359 yards on 25-45 passing 0 TDs 1 INT) against Buffalo but contributed to the loss with a killer red zone interception. If Jay were a franchise QB, he would have done more in those two games than he did. He choked, face it.

Quote:
Sure as hell can't credit the defense for a single victory .... and that is not the least bit unreasonable a take (except here on the Mane of course).
It's acceptable in hyperbole land. But, late in the season, when the offense was playing largely mediocre football, the defense did contribute to a few wins: they played very good against Atlanta in our 24-20 win, while Jay was solid but unspectacular (19-27 216 yards 1 TD 0 INTs); they also played well in late season wins against the Jets (forced 3 turnovers in a 34-17 win) and Chiefs (held them 260 yards in 24-17 win). It's sheer hyperbolic-Cutler-nutswinging to act like he won all our games for us and did nothing to contribute to the losses.

Quote:
This Jay Love/obsession isn't healthy.
Then why do you breathlessly come to his defense when anything critical is said about him? And then you call your own often hyperbolic takes "reasonable", and suggesting that those who(CORRECTLY) believe Jay did his fair share to contribute to our recent mediocrity are merely unreasoned haters. I would say we are being far more reasonable by not absolving Jay and the offense for every ill on the team because the defense was bad.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 10-26-2009 at 09:30 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #175
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
My problem with all this is not Jay so much really ... it's actually more that I'm obsessed with fighting, and I hate to say this, but hypocrisy. That's why I'm so inviting of people to show me even one post saying even 1% of this stuff last season. Only Popps and Drek have come through on that, and I guess Khan questioned his drinking pretty regularly.

you wanna shut me up? Link to any post saying half what you're saying now.
Why would I want to shut you up! This is all the entertainment I'm getting on here during the bye week.

BTW, I know there are such comments made by me, but I just don't know how to operate the search engine well enough to find them. Unless you expect me to just type "Cutler" in the search terms and start reading them.

I guess that would keep me busy for a few weeks.