The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #1251
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Week One will be blackout free

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...blackout-free/

Posted by Mike Florio on September 13, 2009 12:29 AM ET

On Friday, the Raiders received a 24-hour extension of the 72-hour deadline for selling all non-premium tickets to their Monday night home game against the Chargers.

On Saturday, they announced that the tickets had been sold.

And so every Week One game will be televised in the home teams' local markets.

The hot spots were Oakland, Arizona, Cincinnati, and Tampa. The first three received extensions in order to get the tickets sold.

Next week, potential blackouts loom in Detroit, Jacksonville, and San Diego.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #1252
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Isaac Bruce went over 15,000 career receiving yards today....only the 2nd player in NFL history to do so.

Jerry Rice is 1st all-time with 22,895 receiving yards.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #1253
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Here's who we get next week.

Release the hounds!
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #1254
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Reggie Hayward took a pay cut before the season and signed a new one-year contract filled with incentives.

He won't reach them.

Hayward broke his left leg Sunday at Indianapolis and will miss the rest of the season. One of five team captains, Hayward broke his fibula in a fourth-down pileup against the Colts. It was his second major injury in four years. He ruptured his Achilles tendon in the 2006 season opener.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #1255
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Ochocinco plans to do the Lambeau Leap

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lambeau-leap/

Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2009 12:26 PM ET

On Sunday, the Cincinnati Bengals will return to Lambeau Field for the first time since 1995. And since that was six years before Chad Ochocinco entered the NFL, it'll be his first chance to put on a show for the people of Wisconsin.

And he intends to make it a good one.

During a Tuesday conference call with Green Bay reporters, Ochocinco said that he plans to perform one of the routines usually reserved to Packers players who score touchdowns.

"[H]opefully I can Lambeau Leap," he said.

Asked whether he'd really do that, Ochocinco pointed out that he has done it in Cleveland, jumping into the Dawg Pound after scoring a touchdown.

"They embrace me," Ochocinco said. "I'm looking for the Cheeseheads to embrace Ocho also."

If by "embrace me" he means "pour a beer on me" or "angrily give me the finger," we agree.

Ochocinco also told reporters to inform linebacker Nick Barnett that "I'm coming for his head," and then in the next breath Ochocinco changed his tone, "[L]et the Packer Nation know that we're coming to town, and I'm looking forward to entertaining and bringing a little fun to the city and with no disrespect."

Yeah, no disrespect. Except for Barnett.

We've got a feeling that Barnett might like to make Chad remember one of his other visits to Cleveland -- one that Chad likely doesn't remember at all.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #1256
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #1257
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Ochocinco plans to do the Lambeau Leap

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lambeau-leap/

Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2009 12:26 PM ET

On Sunday, the Cincinnati Bengals will return to Lambeau Field for the first time since 1995. And since that was six years before Chad Ochocinco entered the NFL, it'll be his first chance to put on a show for the people of Wisconsin.

And he intends to make it a good one.

During a Tuesday conference call with Green Bay reporters, Ochocinco said that he plans to perform one of the routines usually reserved to Packers players who score touchdowns.

"[H]opefully I can Lambeau Leap," he said.

Asked whether he'd really do that, Ochocinco pointed out that he has done it in Cleveland, jumping into the Dawg Pound after scoring a touchdown.

"They embrace me," Ochocinco said. "I'm looking for the Cheeseheads to embrace Ocho also."

If by "embrace me" he means "pour a beer on me" or "angrily give me the finger," we agree.

Ochocinco also told reporters to inform linebacker Nick Barnett that "I'm coming for his head," and then in the next breath Ochocinco changed his tone, "[L]et the Packer Nation know that we're coming to town, and I'm looking forward to entertaining and bringing a little fun to the city and with no disrespect."

Yeah, no disrespect. Except for Barnett.

We've got a feeling that Barnett might like to make Chad remember one of his other visits to Cleveland -- one that Chad likely doesn't remember at all.
If he does that it will be his 1st TD of the year!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #1258
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Well I freakin' hope so. I have him on both of my fantasy teams!
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #1259
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

NOVI, Mich. (AP)—Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Charles Rogers(notes) has been arrested on a drunken-driving charge.

Police say the 28-year-old Rogers was arrested Wednesday afternoon after he refused a Breathalyzer test. Results of a blood test are pending.

Rogers was arraigned Thursday on charges of operating while intoxicated and operating without a valid license. He was ordered held on $50,000 bond and didn’t have an attorney on record with the court. A pretrial conference is set for Monday.

The second overall pick in the 2003 NFL Draft served a 30-day jail sentence, with credit for 15 days, earlier this year instead of staying in an intensive counseling program after violating probation in a domestic violence case.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Domestic violence
Probation violation
Drunk driving

Solid year for this loser.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #1260
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Charles Rogers cant stop ****ing up.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #1261
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Chargers running back LaDanian Tomlinson, who entered the season with a burning desire to prove that he has not become an injury-prone, over-the-hill tailback, is well on his way to becoming an injury-prone, over-the-hill tailback.

Tomlinson has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Ravens, due to an ankle injury suffered on Monday night against the Raiders.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #1262
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

He matches up well with O.J. Simpson tho...

He was a hell of a back, 4.4 speed, and some power.

Last edited by watermock; 09-18-2009 at 06:38 PM..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #1263
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
NOVI, Mich. (AP)—Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Charles Rogers(notes) has been arrested on a drunken-driving charge.

Police say the 28-year-old Rogers was arrested Wednesday afternoon after he refused a Breathalyzer test. Results of a blood test are pending.

Rogers was arraigned Thursday on charges of operating while intoxicated and operating without a valid license. He was ordered held on $50,000 bond and didn’t have an attorney on record with the court. A pretrial conference is set for Monday.

The second overall pick in the 2003 NFL Draft served a 30-day jail sentence, with credit for 15 days, earlier this year instead of staying in an intensive counseling program after violating probation in a domestic violence case.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Domestic violence
Probation violation
Drunk driving

Solid year for this loser.
Maybe NFL stands for;

Narcissistic

Failures

League
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #1264
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-off-on-fans/

Another douchebag who thinks fans should be nice to him. You are an entertainer buddy, if you don't deliver entertainment you fail at your job, at least this dillweed can put NFL player on his resume next year when he drops it off at Subway.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #1265
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Hasselbeck has a broken rib

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-a-broken-rib/

Posted by Mike Florio on September 21, 2009 11:52 AM ET

When Matt Hasselbeck collapsed like a misshapen Jenga tower while walking off the field on Sunday, it didn't look good.

And though there's no internal damage to the Seahawks starting quarterback, the new is still not good.

Hasselbeck has a broken rib, per Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Schefter says it's unknown whether Hasselbeck will be able to play on Sunday, when the 1-1 Seahawks host the 1-1 Bears.

The backups are Seneca Wallace and Mike Teel.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #1266
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Roscoe Parrish is on the trade block again

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-block-again/

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 21, 2009 2:40 PM ET

Drafted by the Mike Mularkey Bills in 2005, wide receiver Roscoe Parrish has had four different offensive coordinators during his tenure in Buffalo.

And none of them have known exactly what to do with him.

So with Parrish mostly riding the pine these days, the Bills have decided to see what they can get for him.

A league source tells PFT's Mike Florio that Parrish is on the trade block and he could be dealt as soon as the week.

Possible destinations include the Chiefs, Jaguars, and Redskins.

The Bills are rather short on the offensive line, but it seems more likely that Buffalo would be able to get a late-round draft pick in exchange for Parrish, who is under contract through 2011.

Parrish has no catches on the season as a wide receiver. He has one punt return for five yards.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #1267
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Parrish has no catches on the season as a wide receiver. He has one punt return for five yards.
Nothing like putting a guy on the trade block when his value is literally at an all time low.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #1268
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Falcons lose first-rounder Jerry for the season

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-the-season/

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 21, 2009 3:25 PM ET

Knowing they needed a lot of help, the Falcons front office used seven of their eight draft picks this year to shore up their defense.

On Monday, the team learned that they will be without the centerpiece of their class -- first-round defensive tackle Peria Jerry -- for the rest of the season.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Jerry underwent an MRI on his knee Monday, and clearly the results were not favorable.

Jerry came to the NFL with a reputation for being injury prone, and unfortunately has lived up to his rep. He started both games for Atlanta this season.

The Falcons could be vulnerable to the run after the loss. They face a team in Foxborough this Sunday that has been hesitant to try running the ball early in the year.

UPDATE: The team signed defensive tackle Vance Walker to the active roster.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 AM   #1269
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Gallery gone for 4-6 weeks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-4-6-weeks/

Posted by Mike Florio on September 22, 2009 8:36 AM ET

We pointed out on Sunday that Raiders guard Robert Gallery told reporters after the team's win over the Chiefs that he has a broken leg.

But Gallery won't miss the rest of the year. Instead, he'll be out for only 4-6 weeks after undergoing surgery to repair the injury.

Gallery, the second overall pick in the 2004 draft (taken before Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger), has missed only six games in his five-plus year career
Old 09-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #1270
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Highest drafted guard in history.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #1271
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

NBC 5 and Blue-Star's own Newy Scruggs has reported that Marion Barber, who went down in the fourth quarter of Sunday night's loss to the Giants, will miss one to two weeks with a quadriceps injury.

This is a blow for the Cowboys, to be sure, but it could have certainly been worse. The play in question saw Barber come up lame on a run that might have resulted in a Cowboys touchdown otherwise; instead, Barber pulled up, hobbled for about five yards before crumpling to the turf at Cowboys Stadium.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #1272
Bronco Yoda

Ex-NY Giant Burress gets 2 years in gun case
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Former Super Bowl hero Plaxico Burress tearfully told his family goodbye as he was led away to prison Tuesday after being sentenced to two years on a weapons charge.

Burress was so soft-spoken during his apologetic courtroom address that onlookers could not understand him.

Burress, at the time a star receiver with the New York Giants, was at the Latin Quarter nightclub in Manhattan last November when a gun tucked into his waistband slipped down his leg and fired, wounding him in the thigh.

The gun was not licensed in New York or in New Jersey, where Burress lived. His license to carry a concealed weapon in Florida had expired in May 2008.

He had been indicted on two counts of weapons possession and one count of reckless endangerment, but under a plea deal reached Aug. 20, Burress agreed to a single, lesser charge of attempted criminal possession of a weapon.

No charges were filed against Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce, who was with Burress the night of the incident, drove him to the hospital and took the gun to his home in New Jersey before arranging to have it returned to Burress.

With time off for good behavior, Burress likely will serve 20 months. He could be released from prison as early as the spring of 2011 and will be monitored an additional two years after he is freed.

Burress hired a consultant to teach him how to use his time in prison productively.

The Giants released Burress in April, but the 32-year-old told ESPN he hopes to resume his NFL career when he completes his sentence.

"When I get out, I'll be 33, not 43," Burress said in an interview broadcast in August. "I'll still be able to run and catch. I'll still have the God-given ability to snag footballs; that's what I love to do. Of course, I want to play again."

Gil Brandt, an analyst on NFL Sirius Radio and the former head of player personnel for the Dallas Cowboys, said Burress won't be too old for a comeback when he's released from prison.

"First of all, Plaxico is a guy who keeps himself in pretty good shape," Brandt said. "Lots of times guys get heavy in the off-season. He is not a guy who has done that."

Burress is suspended by the NFL, but the league said he will be reinstated after he completes his prison sentence.

The star receiver played collegiately for Michigan State and in 2000 was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he built a reputation as one of the league's top deep threats. He signed as a free agent with the Giants before the 2005 season.

Burress' big moment with the Giants came when he caught the winning touchdown over the previously undefeated New England Patriots in the final minute of the 2008 Super Bowl.

His attorney, Benjamin Brafman, said previously that Burress was thinking of his family - including his wife and young son, Elijah - in taking the plea, but Brafman questioned the fairness of the recommended prison sentence.

"This was not an intentional criminal act," Brafman said the day of the plea. "In my judgment, a two-year prison sentence is a very severe punishment."

Before sentencing Tuesday, Brafman called Burress "a fundamentally decent man."

"This is a very real tragic case in many, many ways," Brafman said.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #1273
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

2 yrs in prison for shooting himself

Got to be #1 dumbass of the year
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #1274
Bronco Yoda

From now on when I hear 'insult to injury' Plax comes to mind...
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #1275
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4497498

Ochocinco had it planned out