The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #51
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
The post game presser showed his typical mumbling, looking down and constantly pulling at his hat. He kept wiping his nose against his armpits (both left and right). What a guy!! It's class like that we definitely miss.

And oh yeah, he spoke in third person about the turnovers. Good deal!

Did he give a detailed explanation of which receiver was at fault for each one of them?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #52
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Did he give a detailed explanation of which receiver was at fault for each one of them?
You guys are so obsessed ... it's CUTE!
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #53
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

that QB didn't surprise me except in one way today....
In any of the past games he would have come out in Mopey mode after throwing 3 picks.

He shook it off and put his team in position to win the game late, even took the lead. So, maybe he has made some progression this off season.

On the other hand it was VERY rewarding to see him come out and throw the picks he did.

If Chicago loses next week ,and he has the same problem then the Love affair in CHI will be over. We'll see how much he thinks of the fans there then. The media there will eat him alive. He doesn't know what that is like , That is a BIG market town...
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #54
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
Jeez guys, can't you see this board is like the ONLY PLACE ON EARTH where Jay is not considered an excellent quarterback?

And oh by the way, that's an opinion every one of you bastages would have agreed with 10 months ago!
..it's also the only board where alleged fans b**** about their team after a win, all the time pining for a QB that just tossed 4 INT's while dropping his winning pct down to 44.7%
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #55
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
..it's also the only board where alleged fans b**** about their team after a win, all the time pining for a QB that just tossed 4 INT's while dropping his winning pct down to 44.7%
So you agree!
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #56
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:
no, he just glossed over the picks as strugging and "we" all made...
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #57
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
no, he just glossed over the picks as strugging and "we" all made...
Ahhh... so he owned the loss, huh?

That's Jay for ya... what a leader!

Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #58
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Hula, I don't know your field or background, but the game of football has career professionals. And they're pretty unanimous on this issue. You might think I have "blinders on," but at least I'm smart enough to trust what the majority of professionals decide, and not pretend my amateur opinion is better than theirs. I'm surprised you disagree.

You can dislike Jay, I totally respect that. But the consensus of the professionals is that Jay is a very good quarterback. In fact, Marino and the whole CBS crew really criticized the trade and Broncos management today.

FYI, I like Aaron Rodgers more than Jay ... can we be friends?
I don't argue that he's a talented QB ... even excellent in spurts. And all the 'experts' simply see the same talent we all do. But msot dont also take into account the other qualities Jay currently lacks that distinguish exciting talent and strong arms from the true elite franchise winners.

That is what I'm talking about. For all of Jay's arm and talent he has yet to show the kind of poise and leadership, on anything like a consistent basis, that the big boy QB have shown.

That is why experts like Tony Dungy and others note Jays athletic arm, moxie and talent but also say he hasn't yet shown the whole package.

He hasn't yet consistently elevate all those around him and inspired better play in crunch time from those around him.

He may well mature and grow into that role and become a stud poised QB.Nut he aint one yet and so this 'franchise QB' business is in name and contracts only.

I would still prefer he was out QB IF, and only IF. he would have fully bought into the program 100%. And I'm not saying he stinks. Only that he has yet to deserve the level of praise he was getting in punch drunk Chicago stuck in their idealization phase.

I suspect the reality dose of today might start to seep in a bit in the windy city. And after a few more rough outings their may even be a little buyers remorse setting in there .. at least when considering the high price they paid all around.

Jay will rebound and have some great games I have no doubt. But when will he show more consistency or will he continue to throw away almost as many games as he saves? (And no problem on being friends :-)
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:25 AM   #59
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

But...but....he's a "FRANCHISE QB!!!!"

Thank God it ain't my franchise.
Broncomutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #60
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
But...but....he's a "FRANCHISE QB!!!!"

Thank God it ain't my franchise.
Yea, a few in the media have been smart enough to keep the "franchise" nonsense in check, but not many.

This keeps up, and you'll see the general media catching on to what most Broncos fans already know. This guy isn't anything resembling a franchise QB.

Will he be some day? Sure, possibly.

But, he has a long way to go.

Anyway, Kyle is on a plane to Chicago to start giving him some personal tutoring. He's going to help him work all of this out.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #61
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Gotta bad feeling about Cutler this coming Sunday and I don't know why. Don't know if it means Jay will torch the Steelers or that he somehow gets hurt. Wouldn't wish an injury on anyone.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #62
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Don't know if it means Jay will torch the Steelers...
The Stillers don't get "torched" often, and I don't see how Jay does it with those WR's and that O-line. But I suppose anything's possible. I think 0-2 would be a lot of fun!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #63
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Not a cutler fan nowdays but that last int was not his fault the receiver stopped on the route after/during the throw.

On the 2nd int the receiver broke the wrong way not sure who was at fault. The int on the packs goal line was just a great play by Jolly.

So it wasn't that bad for Cutler really. But glad next years draft pick got better tonight.
Uh-oh...next you'll be saying Cutler is a better QB than Orton...OMG!!!

Popps will want to make a wager and then you'll be on his sh1t list...

Oh well...F-it.

I saw only the INT where he threw to a spot...his fault/the receivers fault...whatever. But this anti-Jay **********, will not believe anything that could possibly not be Jay's fault.

Right now, in a heartbeat, I'd take Jay back if we had to give up two #1's.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #64
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Gotta bad feeling about Cutler this coming Sunday and I don't know why. Don't know if it means Jay will torch the Steelers or that he somehow gets hurt. Wouldn't wish an injury on anyone.
How do you feel about me buying some powerball tickets this weekend?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:01 AM   #65
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Hula, I don't know your field or background, but the game of football has career professionals. And they're pretty unanimous on this issue. You might think I have "blinders on," but at least I'm smart enough to trust what the majority of professionals decide, and not pretend my amateur opinion is better than theirs. I'm surprised you disagree.

You can dislike Jay, I totally respect that. But the consensus of the professionals is that Jay is a very good quarterback. In fact, Marino and the whole CBS crew really criticized the trade and Broncos management today.

FYI, I like Aaron Rodgers more than Jay ... can we be friends?
The talking heads also said we'd lose. Those idiots.

Its really hard to tell with Jay, but I am under the impression he's just a few french fries away from being the entire happy meal. I think thats what everyone sees when they watch him. The difference in opinion though is that some of us believe he won't miraculousy get those few extra french fries while other think that he will. This is the worst analogy ever.

The point is Jay almost has it all: Arm Strength, accuracy, pocket awareness, the ability to scramble, the toughness factor of blocking linebackers for his RB/WR.

What he lacks: The ability to not become Mr. Grumpy pants and stand on the sideline alone when his team is struggling; the ability to take full weight of a loss on his shoulders, in which he will continue to lift the team up; the ability to inspire confidence in his fellow team mates in their own abilities; and most importantly in my opinion, the ability to step back from his machismo and make the safe throw or even dump it out of bounds when the WRs are covered.

Last year I predicted wins and losses of the Broncos games from the get-go based on Jays attitude. Now I wasn't always right, but I was often very close. If I saw Jay pre-game talking to team mates, smiling, being involved with others, then I would predict he'd have a good 1st - and he usually would. When I saw Jay slide off to the bench by himself or go stand away from everyone by himself or worse, chew out a WR and then go off by himself, I would automatically change my prediction... Jay may not lose his cool during game play, but he clearly has a mental switch that is either geared to overcoming and succeeding or isolating him from everyone else. This isolation can be seen when he explains losses - it is not his fault if he loses, but he's generous to share wins with his teammates too.

The Dude may continue to mature in Chicago. If he fully mentally develops he will become the next big QB. If he continues to look for the escape hatch in his mind when the fecal matter hits the fan, then we're seeing him as good as he will ever be.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #66
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

So.... the QB controversy in Chicago starts this week mabye? Huh? Maaaaaybe?

Haine has a ton of upside!! He said himself he's got a stronger arm than Jim McMahon!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:44 AM   #67
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Stupid argument Popps... If you think last night was Cutler's fault you're not very smart. When you rush for under 2 yards per carry and the QB leads your team in rushing, you're not going to be very successful. There is a lot wrong with the Bears offense... Cutler is just one of those things. Orton does a great job of protecting the football for us, something Cutler doesn't do all that well. But do tell, if Kyle Orton was our leading rusher do you think we'd win the ball game?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:05 AM   #68
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
So.... the QB controversy in Chicago starts this week mabye? Huh? Maaaaaybe?

Haine has a ton of upside!! He said himself he's got a stronger arm than Jim McMahon!
Couldn't resist, huh?
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:27 AM   #69
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
Stupid argument Popps... If you think last night was Cutler's fault you're not very smart. When you rush for under 2 yards per carry and the QB leads your team in rushing, you're not going to be very successful. There is a lot wrong with the Bears offense... Cutler is just one of those things. Orton does a great job of protecting the football for us, something Cutler doesn't do all that well. But do tell, if Kyle Orton was our leading rusher do you think we'd win the ball game?

I'd say that I'm a pretty big "Cutler nutswinger" as defined by a lot of the people here, but even I'm willing to admit that there might be something about Cutler that makes the players around him worse?

That sounds retarded, I'll admit it, but it just seems like the excuses we had to make for Cutler here (weak defense, no running game, bad OL [during his first year]) are the same ones that are being made to defend the results in Chicago thus far.

Clearly, it's kind of early to say whether this is trend or not (maybe by his third team we'll have enough of a sample size?), but so far Cutler in Chicago has been eerily similar to Cutler in Denver. We'll see if it's just coincidental or not soon enough.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:32 AM   #70
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
But why can't the Bears run the ball? You guys told us that Cutler's mere presence would vault Chicago's rush offense into the stratosphere. Instead, they are worse.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:36 AM   #71
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
I'd say that I'm a pretty big "Cutler nutswinger" as defined by a lot of the people here, but even I'm willing to admit that there might be something about Cutler that makes the players around him worse?

That sounds retarded, I'll admit it, but it just seems like the excuses we had to make for Cutler here (weak defense, no running game, bad OL [during his first year]) are the same ones that are being made to defend the results in Chicago thus far.

Clearly, it's kind of early to say whether this is trend or not (maybe by his third team we'll have enough of a sample size?), but so far Cutler in Chicago has been eerily similar to Cutler in Denver. We'll see if it's just coincidental or not soon enough.
Yeah, the Jay nuthuggers kept telling us to watch Jay now that he has a defense and a quality RB (who will get better because of Jay). Jay swings into town and all of a sudden the Bears run game goes into the ****ter, the OL gets worse even though they added Pace, the defense continues last years downwasrd trend...I thought all the Bears needed was a franchise QB? Either Jay is NOT actually a franchise QB or else franchise QBs aren't all their cracked up to be.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 AM   #72
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Forget Jay. I was watching some of the chefs game last night and it struck me just how beautiful that Champ/Portis trade is still turning out for us. Portis doesn't have that one cut explosiveness any more (altho he did have one nice run), but in the meantime Bailey is just playing inspired defense for us.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #73
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Forget Jay. I was watching some of the chefs game last night and it struck me just how beautiful that Champ/Portis trade is still turning out for us. Portis doesn't have that one cut explosiveness any more (altho he did have one nice run), but in the meantime Bailey is just playing inspired defense for us.

Yep, some of of "media frenzy" trades sure do work out for us.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #74
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
But why can't the Bears run the ball? You guys told us that Cutler's mere presence would vault Chicago's rush offense into the stratosphere. Instead, they are worse.
You guys? Don't put me into the group that say Cutler is the greatest. I think he is a good QB that needs to be coached not to make mistakes. You see what average QBs do when they limit their mistakes. Brett Favre, Jake Plummer, Tony Romo, all of those guys can be great QBs when they aren't trying to make plays that aren't there. Same thing needs to happen with Cutler, he tries to make every play and ends up turning the ball over too much. He is the epitomy of the "No don't, Yes..GO GO GO" type QB. Anyhow, blaming Cutler for that loss seems to me that you are looking for any excuse to justify getting rid of him in the first place. Myself, the excuse isn't Cutler playing well or poorly... it's Orton's success and being 5-0.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #75
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Yeah, the Jay nuthuggers kept telling us to watch Jay now that he has a defense and a quality RB (who will get better because of Jay). Jay swings into town and all of a sudden the Bears run game goes into the ****ter, the OL gets worse even though they added Pace, the defense continues last years downwasrd trend...I thought all the Bears needed was a franchise QB? Either Jay is NOT actually a franchise QB or else franchise QBs aren't all their cracked up to be.
Seems to me that the Denver Broncos ran the ball pretty damn well for about 15 weeks last year with Cutler at QB. I don't think the running woes have much to do with Jay Cutler. Rather the OL not blocking may play a role, but I'm not expecting you to understand that.