The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #26
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
Oh. Not just that. Crybaby=single handedly lost the game after being bailed out several times by an impressive defense.

But... he's a "franchise" quarterback!
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #27
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

He had a bad night, but he is a franchise quarterback.

You don't like him, fine. But the professionals think otherwise there, Skippy.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #28
uplink
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
Seeing as that was the only one I saw during the game I'll refrain from commenting on the others.

This was a classic Cutler Int. He is scrambling backwards then throws off his back foot, across his body into multiple coverage. How you put that even potentially on the receiver is beyond me.
I didn't put that one on the receiver necessarily I meant to stay 'not sure who was at fault' I'll edit it.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #29
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Not a cutler fan nowdays but that last int was not his fault the receiver stopped on the route after/during the throw.

On the 2nd int the receiver broke the wrong way not sure how was at fault. The int on the packs goal line was just a great play by Jolly.

So it wasn't that bad for Cutler really. But glad next years draft pick got better tonight.
yea except you're forgetting that Cutler also had about 3 dropped INTs by the defense...

so while some picks weren't all his fault, some incomplete passes shoulda been picks, so it kinda works both ways...

Cutler sucked...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #30
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Should they give Cutler another week, or start Hanie?
brilliant Popps...

simply brilliant...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #31
Liquid Courage
The 4th Amigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
lol thread starter is obviously joking making fun of the should we start orton another week thread lmao I thought it was a funny post, good stuff Popps!
second this.

the thought that we should bail on a receiver after 1 week where he is playing for the first time with a number of players and is 1.5 OL short (Hamilton's injury) is ludicrous. give the guy a month; see how he progresses in multiple game situations and then judge him.

as for Cutler . . . he is what we what we thought he was - prone to brilliance and stupidity and little in-between
Liquid Courage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #32
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Cutler is sure to be half way through his second 12 pack by now :-) Nursing those big hits he took ya know !
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #33
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
I didn't put that one on the receiver necessarily I meant to stay 'not sure who was at fault' I'll edit it.
No. My point was that no matter where the receiver ran, that was a terrible decision, a worse throw and would have been picked off.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #34
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGcver2ver3 View Post
brilliant Popps...

simply brilliant...
I'm here for ya, brother.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #35
uplink
Ring of Famer

I wonder does Jay's gunslinger game fit with the Bears who have a strong D?
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #36
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post

You don't like him, fine. But the hacks at ESPN think otherwise there, Skippy.
Fixed it for you
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #37
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Tough call...
Funny thread. I'll admit I enjoy seeing him have a bad game. I enjoy even more that Chicago's draft pick just got a little better.

But he's gonna have really good games this year too. When he's on, he can be a great QB. He's just maddeningly inconsistent. Time will tell if he grows out of that or it's a permanent part of his makeup.

The question is really, is he coachable? If he turns out to be coachable, then we will have lost a really fine QB, even if he is a jerk. If not, the Bears got took. We'll know in a few years.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #38
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

That's an interesting question. Honestly, I think a strong D fits with any type of offense. Look at the Trent Dilfer Ravens.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #39
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

You've got such blinders on its amazing McBuff. Cutler has a lot of talent, potential and a powerful arm ... that's the end of it.

But his arrogant pig headed .. hot-headed stubbornness is what will likely prevent him from ever sniffing true greatness as a QB.

Chicago better get use to alternating games of tantalizing hope and crushing heart break.

He could be a great one, but not until his ass gets broken so hard he has to face the music and clean up his act.

Both Denver and Cutler would have benefited from his staying and submitting himself to really learn how to be a successful QB under McD. Now he is likely to die on the vine in Chi-town where QB go to die.

A few more 'clutch' games like this and the Chicago press and fan base will eat him alive!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #40
Liquid Courage
The 4th Amigo

Quote:

You must have a different definition of franchise QB . . . I look for a player who is a proven leader, puts the team before himself, sets the tone for his players with hard work and dedication and never lets his internal emotions negate a chance to win, and someone who backs his teammates up when the going gets tough - I challenge you to prove to me where Jay Cutler fits into ANY of that criteria.

Otherwise your definition amounts to nothing more than calling Jeff George a Pro Bowler.

Is Orton equal to Jay Cutler? Probably not. But Jay Cutler isn't exactly Steve Young or Joe Montana or Jim Kelly or Big Ben . . . not by a longshot.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #41
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:

Did ya notice how he was staring down his receivers Buff?
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #42
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Fixed it for you
Don't forget the hacks at every pre-game show. The only so-called "expert" I know of that even picked us to win this game was Michael Irvin. Dan Marino was throwing around the whole "franchise quaterback" term all morning. I just hope he gets called out for it next weekend by Shannon.

Last edited by misturanderson; 09-13-2009 at 10:09 PM..
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #43
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
You've got such blinders on its amazing McBuff. Cutler has a lot of talent, potential and a powerful arm ... that's the end of it.
Hula, I don't know your field or background, but the game of football has career professionals. And they're pretty unanimous on this issue. You might think I have "blinders on," but at least I'm smart enough to trust what the majority of professionals decide, and not pretend my amateur opinion is better than theirs. I'm surprised you disagree.

You can dislike Jay, I totally respect that. But the consensus of the professionals is that Jay is a very good quarterback. In fact, Marino and the whole CBS crew really criticized the trade and Broncos management today.

FYI, I like Aaron Rodgers more than Jay ... can we be friends?
Old 09-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #44
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
That's been speculated on by a few around here, that his style might not be a good fit for a ball-control offense.

Then again, his style tonight just sucked.

Overall, very few "gunslinger" QB's have had real success in the league. (Elway, Favre, a couple others.)

Most successful QBs are talented, but heady, instinctual players who have an innate ability to make the best decision at the most crucial time.

Elway happened to be a gunslinger who also had winning intangibles so strong, they could overcome some of the mistakes he'd make taking too many chances.

Right now, that isn't Jay Cutler, and it hasn't been Jay Cutler.

Big Ben doesn't wow anyone with his "cannon" arm, or brag about having a better arm than Bradshaw. He just goes out and guts his way to wins. Sometimes ugly wins with mediocre stats, but wins nonetheless.

The gunslinger thing is highly overrated.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #45
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Jeez guys, can't you see this board is like the ONLY PLACE ON EARTH where Jay is not considered an excellent quarterback?

And oh by the way, that's an opinion every one of you bastages would have agreed with 10 months ago!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #46
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Jeez guys, can't you see this board is like the ONLY PLACE ON EARTH where Jay is not considered an excellent quarterback?

And oh by the way, that's an opinion every one of you bastages would have agreed with 10 months ago!
Pretty sure the Chicago boards are also on board with the "Jay is not an excellent quarterback" option.

Oh and I NEVER thought Jay was an excellent QB.

Ever.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #47
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Hula, I don't know your field or background, but the game of football has career professionals. And they're pretty unanimous on this issue. You might think I have "blinders on," but at least I'm smart enough to trust what the majority of professionals decide, and not pretend my amateur opinion is better than theirs. I'm surprised you disagree.

You can dislike Jay, I totally respect that. But the consensus of the professionals is that Jay is a very good quarterback. In fact, Marino and the whole CBS crew really criticized the trade and Broncos management today.

Oh but you do. You constantly think your opinion is better than McDaniels opinion.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #48
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:

People are definitely blowing this game out of proportion. It kind of reminds me of certain fans wadding up their panties because Kyle Orton wasn't looking off his receivers on 5 yard pass plays (during the preseason).

On a serious note: Jay is a very talented QB who is still mistake prone and has a bad attitude at times. I've felt this way about him for years. With that said, I still wish I could have seen him play in McDaniels offense.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #49
Liquid Courage
The 4th Amigo

Quote:

to what degree do you think the professionals are trying to make good TV and sell more advertising? i think they are over-extending the capability of a QB with 1000% more ability than judgment and composure. and your comment about Rodgers above makes me think we just may agree on this.

Jay makes good TV . . . not a Super Bowl winner; at least not at this time of his career.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #50
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

The post game presser showed his typical mumbling, looking down and constantly pulling at his hat. He kept wiping his nose against his armpits (both left and right). What a guy!! It's class like that we definitely miss.

And oh yeah, he spoke in third person about the turnovers. Good deal!
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote