The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #1201
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-g...cks-Highlights

Rookie WR Hakeem Nicks (North Carolina) had a huge game for the Giants tonight:

6 catches for 144 yards and 2 TDs.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 08-30-2009 at 12:05 AM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #1202
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

BTW....the new highlight video section of nfl.com kicks some major ass.

I love how they break the highlights down by individual players.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #1203
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Despite the poor showing in the preseason, I hope Oakland doesn't install Garcia as QB. They could win up to 8 games with him given their running back talent.
Do you really want Russell starting against us? Here are his numbers against us from last year:

78% completion percentage
332 yards
3 TDs, O INTs
130 QB rating

I think I'd rather take my chances against a 48 year old Garcia.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #1204
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Do you really want Russell starting against us? Here are his numbers against us from last year:

78% completion percentage
332 yards
3 TDs, O INTs
130 QB rating

I think I'd rather take my chances against a 48 year old Garcia.
I don't think it matters:

Not that the film hasn't shown Cutler some vulnerability in the Broncos' coverage. Denver's 117.6 preseason passer rating ranks last in the NFL

Last edited by bronco militia; 08-30-2009 at 07:11 AM..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #1205
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Now that Andre Smith is signed, that leaves:

Unsigned First Round Picks:

10. Michael Crabtree WR San Francisco
Old 08-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #1206
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Now that Andre Smith is signed, that leaves:

Unsigned First Round Picks:

10. Michael Crabtree WR San Francisco
and whoever picked him to be the last one to sign is the winner

p.s. it wasn't me
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #1207
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I think I picked Andre Smith to be signed last.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #1208
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

BOSTON (AP)—Tedy Bruschi(notes) is retiring after a 13-year career marked by an inspiring return to the New England Patriots as a starting linebacker eight months after a stroke.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #1209
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Per Schefter Twitter--

More info on deal: Texans traded DT Travis Johnson to Chargers for a 6th round pick that turns into a 5th with minimum playtime.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #1210
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Did San Fran get a steal in Nate Davis?

Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2009 12:03 PM ET

The obvious import of the 49ers' decision to dump quarterback Damon Huard is that the team believes rookie Nate Davis is ready to play in the NFL.

Coach Mike Singletary raved on Tuesday about the rookie's poise.

"I think Nate came in and he has a composure about him -- sometimes a little too much," Singletary said, per Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat. "That clock is ticking and I'm saying, 'Nate, let's go! Let's go!'" [Editor's note: We wonder if that gives Singletary flashbacks to last year's Monday nighter against the Cardinals.]

Saturday, Davis led the Niners on a 91-yard drive in the final two minutes of a preseason game against the Cowboys, delivering the winning touchdown (and, more importantly, helping the teams avoid an overtime period).

There were real questions regarding Davis' abilities prior to the draft, which fueled a slide some believed would last until round seven, or beyond. But the Niners intervened in round five, and there's already a vague sense that, before too long, he'll be the starter.

While Davis did himself no favors with a sssslow time in the 40-yard dash, it's possible that his free fall was influenced by factors unrelated to his ability. Some think that new Ball State coach Stan Parrish's efforts to persuade Davis to stick around for another year might have caused some scouts to conclude that Davis wasn't ready for the NFL.

Although Parrish publicly said all the right things (contrary to Pete Carroll's handling of the Mark Sanchez situation), one source with knowledge of the situation believes that Parrish's efforts to advance his own career might have indirectly caused some teams to conclude that Davis was the product of a Jeff Tedford-style system that churns out successful college quarterbacks who can't adjust to the next level.

Per the source, Parrish backed off on the notion that he was directly responsible Davis' success after getting an angry phone call from Davis' father.

That said, Parrish's online bio still emphasizes the fact that Parrish "tutored" Davis for three years. In contrast, Pete Carroll's bio makes only generic reference to Carson Palmer, the first overall pick in 2003, and Matt Leinart, the tenth pick in 2006. (Carroll's bio doesn't even mention the fifth overall pick in 2009, Mark Sanchez.)

So keep an eye on Davis. Some think he might end up being the steal of the draft.

And stranger things have indeed happened. After all, Tom Brady was picked a round lower than Davis.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #1211
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I am a big Nate Davis fan and am happy to see he is doing well.

The 49ers may have gotten themselves a real steal.

He had a great career at Ball State....but had 2 horrible games to finish off his career....if not for those 2 games and some poor workouts he would have gone much higher.

Just watch some of his games and you can see he has 'it'.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 09-02-2009 at 11:57 AM..
Old 09-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #1212
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

They got a steal if the criteria is "Best QB who doesn't use the laces..."

WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #1213
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

My guess is that you have not seen him play all that much.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #1214
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
My guess is that you have not seen him play all that much.
About as much as I've seen Aubrey Huff.
I did see the MAC Championship.
NAWT pretty.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #1215
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
About as much as I've seen Aubrey Huff.
I did see the MAC Championship.
NAWT pretty.
That was a poor performance by Nate Davis in that game.

He will be starting for the 49ers sooner or later.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #1216
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Did San Fran get a steal in Nate Davis?

Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2009 12:03 PM ET

The obvious import of the 49ers' decision to dump quarterback Damon Huard is that the team believes rookie Nate Davis is ready to play in the NFL.

Coach Mike Singletary raved on Tuesday about the rookie's poise.

"I think Nate came in and he has a composure about him -- sometimes a little too much," Singletary said, per Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat. "That clock is ticking and I'm saying, 'Nate, let's go! Let's go!'" [Editor's note: We wonder if that gives Singletary flashbacks to last year's Monday nighter against the Cardinals.]

Saturday, Davis led the Niners on a 91-yard drive in the final two minutes of a preseason game against the Cowboys, delivering the winning touchdown (and, more importantly, helping the teams avoid an overtime period).

There were real questions regarding Davis' abilities prior to the draft, which fueled a slide some believed would last until round seven, or beyond. But the Niners intervened in round five, and there's already a vague sense that, before too long, he'll be the starter.

While Davis did himself no favors with a sssslow time in the 40-yard dash, it's possible that his free fall was influenced by factors unrelated to his ability. Some think that new Ball State coach Stan Parrish's efforts to persuade Davis to stick around for another year might have caused some scouts to conclude that Davis wasn't ready for the NFL.

Although Parrish publicly said all the right things (contrary to Pete Carroll's handling of the Mark Sanchez situation), one source with knowledge of the situation believes that Parrish's efforts to advance his own career might have indirectly caused some teams to conclude that Davis was the product of a Jeff Tedford-style system that churns out successful college quarterbacks who can't adjust to the next level.

Per the source, Parrish backed off on the notion that he was directly responsible Davis' success after getting an angry phone call from Davis' father.

That said, Parrish's online bio still emphasizes the fact that Parrish "tutored" Davis for three years. In contrast, Pete Carroll's bio makes only generic reference to Carson Palmer, the first overall pick in 2003, and Matt Leinart, the tenth pick in 2006. (Carroll's bio doesn't even mention the fifth overall pick in 2009, Mark Sanchez.)

So keep an eye on Davis. Some think he might end up being the steal of the draft.

And stranger things have indeed happened. After all, Tom Brady was picked a round lower than Davis.
Wow, getting amped up over the final few minutes of a preseason game where the boys had their 3rd string defense in...

If Davis is all that, then Brandstater's performance needs another looking at... Davis might be the "steal of the draft"? Why no love for Brandstater?
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #1217
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Wow, getting amped up over the final few minutes of a preseason game where the boys had their 3rd string defense in...

If Davis is all that, then Brandstater's performance needs another looking at... Davis might be the "steal of the draft"? Why no love for Brandstater?
I am sure the 49ers are excited about Nate Davis based on a lot more than that drive alone.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #1218
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Moonshine heading to Nashville?

Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2009 5:12 PM ET

Free-agent receiver Matt Jones, ignored for months on the free-agent market, could soon have a new NFL home.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Jones will be working out for the Titans on Thursday.

The Cowboys and the Bears also have expressed an interest in the converted quarterback, who was a first-round draft pick in 2005.

"This is moving quickly," agent Alan Herman said Wednesday, apparently after waking up from a nap that began when Jones was released by the Jaguars on March 16. "We're ready to go and get a deal done, and we're optimistic we will. Matt is in outstanding shape, he's ready to go, and we think Tennessee would be a great fit."

Coincidentally, Titans coach Jeff Fisher recently disputed a report from Schefter that the team had contacted Marvin Harrison. The fact that the Titans are bringing in Jones seems to indicate that, at a minimum, the Titans would have put out a feeler for Harrison.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #1219
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I would much rather have Matt Jones than Marvin Harrison.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #1220
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Matt Jones has "it"
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #1221
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

TAMPA, Fla. -- In a stunning move 10 days before the start of the regular season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have dismissed offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski.

The Bucs announced the move in a statement Thursday morning and said quarterbacks coach Greg Olson will take over as coordinator.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #1222
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. -- In a stunning move 10 days before the start of the regular season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have dismissed offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski.

The Bucs announced the move in a statement Thursday morning and said quarterbacks coach Greg Olson will take over as coordinator.
Damn, bad year for that guy. He got fired twice!
First by Boston College for interviewing with the Jest.
Now he got canned by the Bucs.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #1223
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced Thursday afternoon that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick will be eligible to play in the third week of the regular season.

Goodell and Vick had met Thursday morning for 45 to 50 minutes in New Jersey to discuss when Vick might be reinstated. After that, Goodell said, he consulted with Vick's mentor, former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy, for another 45 minutes.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #1224
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Turk Schonert has been fired after the offense’s dismal performance in the preseason.

The move was announced by coach Dick Jauron on Friday, less than a day after the Bills (1-4) closed their preseason with a 17-6 loss to Detroit.

Quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt will take over as the Bills prepare to open the season at New England on Sept. 14.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #1225
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Turk Schonert has been fired after the offense’s dismal performance in the preseason.

The move was announced by coach Dick Jauron on Friday, less than a day after the Bills (1-4) closed their preseason with a 17-6 loss to Detroit.

Quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt will take over as the Bills prepare to open the season at New England on Sept. 14.
Dick Jauron is just about worthless. I think he's coached like one successful team in the 5-6 year's he's been a HC with the bears and the bills.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote